Steps to Wander

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Hmmm, I wonder if they aren't close to their families because they aren't LDS. I watched an older vlog and Corbin's family is definitely Mormon!!! Not sure if Kelsey's family is as well. I guess that would make sense because they definitely AREN'T Mormon.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:Hmmm, I wonder if they aren't close to their families because they aren't LDS. I watched an older vlog and Corbin's family is definitely Mormon!!! Not sure if Kelsey's family is as well. I guess that would make sense because they definitely AREN'T Mormon.
Hm, that's possible. His family could also be LDS but not particularly observant, and therefore chosing to leave the church wouldn't be a big upset. Interestingly enough, not all Mormons are as devout. I think they're called "Jack Mormons" when they're inactive or lapsed but still have some connection to the religion. I not sure if he was raised a devout observant Mormon or in a family that's somewhat lapsed. Being outside Utah can make a difference. They still accompanied his family on their annual vacation, and his parents have gifted them with quite a few things since they announced they were expecting, including that hotel stay, the car seat, the use of their car, and the bassinet. I don't see any alienation on their end. I think Kelsey and Corbin are just self-absorbed. They'll spend time with his family when they're getting something, but otherwise they don't seem particularly interested in other people.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Haha it makes zero sense to say you're avoiding sugar, so you're going to make granola bars loaded with sugar. What does she think is in honey, peanut butter, dried fruit, and chocolate? If she's truly trying to eat healthier, they could have easily substituted wheat pasta instead of the white pasta she showed with their shrimp linguine. These two must subscribe to the Daily Bumps' nutritional philosophy.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

They use running water to thaw the shrimps?!? They call themselves living a sustainable live? LOL..
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

They only mentioned the Women's March on today's video to try to be relevant. It is clear they have no idea what they're talking about. They said they were going to "keep an eye on" the protest. What does that even mean?!? It's women marching and holding signs. Nothing bad is going to happen to them just by being in the same city.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:They only mentioned the Women's March on today's video to try to be relevant. It is clear they have no idea what they're talking about. They said they were going to "keep an eye on" the protest. What does that even mean?!? It's women marching and holding signs. Nothing bad is going to happen to them just by being in the same city.
Yeah, that was complete BS. They never leave the house, so why would they go to all the way downtown for anything?? Also, he was worried protesters would come to his neighborhood??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Does he not know he lives about 4 miles from downtown Portland and in a residential neighborhood?? He's kind of dumb....

Anyway, I found it interesting they didn't go to LA for the DB party. When is Kelsey's baby shower? Are they going to Hawaii with DB??
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:They only mentioned the Women's March on today's video to try to be relevant. It is clear they have no idea what they're talking about. They said they were going to "keep an eye on" the protest. What does that even mean?!? It's women marching and holding signs. Nothing bad is going to happen to them just by being in the same city.
Yeah, that was complete BS. They never leave the house, so why would they go to all the way downtown for anything?? Also, he was worried protesters would come to his neighborhood??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Does he not know he lives about 4 miles from downtown Portland and in a residential neighborhood?? He's kind of dumb....

Anyway, I found it interesting they didn't go to LA for the DB party. When is Kelsey's baby shower? Are they going to Hawaii with DB??
And I haven't see anything about the women's march turning violent? I'm in DC so I don't know about the "sister marches" but I haven't heard about any dangerous police encounters or anything like that. My Facebook feed is filled with people just marching and holding signs. He was probably talking about a general protest in Portland about the election. Incredibly obvious they are co-opted something that's newsworthy to bring clicks, and insinuating that they're in some sort of danger when they don't even live in downtown Portland, and those who do probably aren't either.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Looks like they did go to the PDX Women's March today. At least it'll be more interesting than their sitting-on-the-couch-all-day vlogs.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

LOOOOOL! They Ubered downtown, stood in a parking garage and WATCHED the march. They might have walked a block at most to get footage! I guess they just wanted to get the YT views (and the controversial comments), but they definitely didn't actually participate in the march. :roll: :roll: :roll:

For people who claim to LOVE the outdoors, they really don't like to be outdoors.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Even if they just went for views, I still respect them and Jess from Jesssfam more than all these other YouTuber moms living their privileged lives and not talking about it at all.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

CallieT wrote:Even if they just went for views, I still respect them and Jess from Jesssfam more than all these other YouTuber moms living their privileged lives and not talking about it at all.
Which law has changed since Obama left office? None.... Then what are the women protesting about? If there is nothing to protest, what's there to talk about? If Corbin and Kelsey make it big in Youtube (They could have without Youtube, they just choose not to work), Juniper will live in a white, middle class. What is there a white man can do that Juniper can't?

Corbin and Kelsey only use the last two videos to try to attract more libreal women to their channel. They titled the video as such to appear in Youtube searches. They can't even live their minimalist and sustainable belief, let alone political. They gained some viewers after their election videos and trying to do it again. Other Youtube moms are just too smart to alienate their current subscribers.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

melonyogloo wrote:
CallieT wrote:Even if they just went for views, I still respect them and Jess from Jesssfam more than all these other YouTuber moms living their privileged lives and not talking about it at all.
Which law has changed since Obama left office? None.... Then what are the women protesting about? If there is nothing to protest, what's there to talk about? If Corbin and Kelsey make it big in Youtube (They could have without Youtube, they just choose not to work), Juniper will live in a white, middle class. What is there a white man can do that Juniper can't?
Not every woman in the U.S. is privileged. For example, women who are transgender and women of color. Also, just because the law calls for equality doesn't mean it's practiced. Women are treated inferior to men all the time. Women who claimed they are raped are often not believed. Lawmakers are trying to strip women of their right to decide what happens to their own bodies all the time. There are so many issues still. The march is for solidarity. It's not only because of the new administration, but because of the systematic inequality that has been happening in this country since its inception.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

melonyogloo wrote:

Corbin and Kelsey only use the last two videos to try to attract more libreal women to their channel. They titled the video as such to appear in Youtube searches. They can't even live their minimalist and sustainable belief, let alone political. They gained some viewers after their election videos and trying to do it again. Other Youtube moms are just too smart to alienate their current subscribers.
Obama left office two days ago. Nothing has had any _time_ to happen.

Don't want to get into a political argument here, so that's all I'll say.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

fossilfinger wrote: Not every woman in the U.S. is privileged. For example, women who are transgender and women of color. Also, just because the law calls for equality doesn't mean it's practiced. Women are treated inferior to men all the time. Women who claimed they are raped are often not believed. Lawmakers are trying to strip women of their right to decide what happens to their own bodies all the time. There are so many issues still. The march is for solidarity. It's not only because of the new administration, but because of the systematic inequality that has been happening in this country since its inception.
No law will make everyone in the US happy. The government did its job to legislate laws protect most people but, in the end, it is its citizens/residences that are commiting hate crimes, mistreating minorities, and etc. There are laws against robbey, people do it anyway, same idea. There are women gold digger who claimed they were raped but weren't. There are pro-life and pro-choice women groups protesting for their own interests, which one should the government listen to? If it is not against the new administration, why didn't they march last Thursday?
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

fossilfinger wrote:
melonyogloo wrote:
Not every woman in the U.S. is privileged. For example, women who are transgender and women of color. Also, just because the law calls for equality doesn't mean it's practiced. Women are treated inferior to men all the time. Women who claimed they are raped are often not believed. Lawmakers are trying to strip women of their right to decide what happens to their own bodies all the time. There are so many issues still. The march is for solidarity. It's not only because of the new administration, but because of the systematic inequality that has been happening in this country since its inception.
Thank you for posting this. Although women in America definitely have it better than other places in the world there's still a lot of work to be done. Even more so for women who also fall into other minority groups.

I thought I had so many rights and then had a personal experience where I saw directly how our government both local and federal have created laws that jeopardized my own bodily autonomy. There is so much legislation around the woman's uterus it is ridiculous, and I'm not solely speaking about abortion. I've gone and testified at Congress and I've listened to the bills that get brought up. You'd think we were living during the Salem Witch Trials with some of the ridiculous legislation is proposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Not to change the subject, but does anyone else think Missy is hosting Kelsey's baby shower in Hawaii?? DBs are already there and it seems other mommy YTers are going there soon too. That would be a very extravagant baby shower, but Missy seems to bathe Kelsey and Corbin in $$$, presents and parties.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

fossilfinger wrote:
melonyogloo wrote:
Yes thank you! I agree completely. And even if Kelsey and future Juniper are pretty priveleged (although I'd argue even in America all women are slightly disadvantaged in some ways even if they aren't minorities, for example wage inequality), going to the Woman's March was also about showing support for those who are more seriously impacted.

Also, to those who say that 'nothing has changed, no new laws, why are you protesting?', you're missing the point. A lot of the point of these marches was to show that IF the new Trump administration tries to harm women's rights, there are thousands of men and women who are going to stand up for them.

Even if you do disagree with what Kelsey and Corbin are saying, I think it's nice that they're expressing some political views....in my opinion it's great that they're not terrified of losing subscribers and willing to say what they believe in. And there actually are many comments saying that people have unsubscribed because they think Trump is the greatest... hopefully K&C are just like hey good riddance!
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Well, it was all just for views. I mean, Corbin didn't even actually vote!! Yes, he pretended he voted, but online it says his voter registration is "inactive." So he lied back in November. Kelsey, on the other hand, did vote.

They are becoming pros at doing ANYTHING for views!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And the thing is, that pro life women were welcome at the March. They tried to be as inclusive as possible.
People are trying to make it about one issue, and it's not.
Anyway, Corbin and Kelsey at least mentioned it and went to (I assume) express support, when all their best friends did was show a couple of shots of protesters in their "walking around LA" montage, like "look at the freaky people on the streets in LA". They showed it, but didn't mention it. And if they're against it, that's fine. But showing it as a freak show and not mentioning it is really disrespectful. Especially when their life is SO easy, and they have so much. I'll bet if YouTube goes away, they will be just fine with using WIC, and food stamps, and getting healthcare at PP.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Could Corbin be working for Bryan and Missy?? I know BDs employ those other family friends, so maybe Corbin is also on their payroll?? Maybe he helps edit vlogs??

After I saw that E+J are raking in $51000 a MONTH, I started to think DBs must be helping out their family and friends too - because they probably make 3X that! :-o :-o :-o (I can't even imagine!)

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”