Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
tmarieme
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by tmarieme »

miamaldari wrote:in the new vlog oscar's nose started to bleed, it could be from stress or lack of sleep
Or cold/dry weather.

So I actually really want to ask them what they will do if Levi doesn't want to be vlogged when he's older, I'm curious as to what different vloggers plan to do if and when that happens. I just can't bring myself to do the "juicy juicy", nor could I for any vlogger.

Some of these YouTubers with older kids have to be running into that problem. I know when I was around 10 I started to hate being filmed or having my picture taken. I wasn't even self concision then, something about it just made me uncomfortable. I wonder if any these people have even thought about it.

Lol I found it funny that they gave the nickname issue a shout out. I actually like her. A lot of the behavior that kinda bothered me before, I've seen Kyra grow on. However the one thing that does irritate me is the amount of and over use of nicknames. Which is more of a nitpicky thing because, I don't really see it hurting the kid other than him taking a little longer to learn his name, which isn't that bad.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Levi was a doll when he was vlogging! Reminds me why I watch daily bloggers. I've also enjoyed less Oscar and more Kyra and Levi, it's like their older stuff. We can talk about their average parenting skills, but at least their kid is cute and their content is entertaining..unlike some vloggers..

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

It's cool that oscar has black hair and kyra is blonde and Levi had red hair atm.
IjustCANT
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IjustCANT »

wolflily23 wrote:Well I can't exactly give an opinion on BLW since I'm not trying that method myself. Every baby is different though and that's all I was trying to point out in Levi's case. I guess I worded it wrong but what I'm trying to say is that since they decided to go with the BLW method themselves, I believe they should have introduced more variety when it came to food instead of just huge chunks of watermelon and blueberries. I believe if you're choosing to do that method you shouldn't be lazy about it and grab the easiest thing to prepare for the child to eat and have them used to only eating a few certain things. I wasn't trying to bash the BLW method. I'm not even sure how it came off that way.
Yes I do agree on that aspect my baby isn't even a year yet and I let her have what I eat with the exception of dairy and nuts. Levi eats both so it confuses me that he doesn't just eat the same meal as them, that part really confuses me in why they wouldn't just make a plate for Levi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:Levi was a doll when he was vlogging! Reminds me why I watch daily bloggers. I've also enjoyed less Oscar and more Kyra and Levi, it's like their older stuff. We can talk about their average parenting skills, but at least their kid is cute and their content is entertaining..unlike some vloggers..

Levi has the funniest little personality. I really like it when they just film Levi going about his business. He's so adorable, I can't wait until he's a little older and starts talking, I think he's going to come out with some really funny things.

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

I did purée with my first and he's super picky. I plan to do BLW with his baby brother. But in order to do BLW properly, you have to learn about it. Kyra and Oscar don't seem to have a clue.

And why the f**k is Oscar giving Kyra her progesterone shots???? At this point her appointments should be weekly so can't the nurse do it? Jeez Oscar should NEVER be allowed to hold a needle.

mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:Levi was a doll when he was vlogging! Reminds me why I watch daily bloggers. I've also enjoyed less Oscar and more Kyra and Levi, it's like their older stuff. We can talk about their average parenting skills, but at least their kid is cute and their content is entertaining..unlike some vloggers..

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic? Yeah, who cares if the kid has been put in danger multiple times, has a fucked sleeping schedule and gets fed protein shakes because his parents cant be bothered to actual feed him. At least hes cute right?

Also, Kyra said that they stay awake until 4.00am editing but also claims that Levi wakes up at 7-8am usually. I call bullshit on them living off 3 hours sleep a night.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I don't understand how Kyra is functioning? She gets no sleep, how can she possibly take care of Levi during the day with so little sleep. Why can't Oscar edit by himself so she can sleep??[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 318a17.jpg[/img]

webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

I j told my mom about OKBaby (protein powder, the crib in the closet w blankets, no baths, always a dirty diaper, etc) and she said there's no way this is real and two parents can't be that dumb to purposely put it online to make profit on YouTube. oh Mom you have no idea

Sent from my 0PJA2
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

kkkk wrote:I did purée with my first and he's super picky. I plan to do BLW with his baby brother. But in order to do BLW properly, you have to learn about it. Kyra and Oscar don't seem to have a clue.

And why the f**k is Oscar giving Kyra her progesterone shots???? At this point her appointments should be weekly so can't the nurse do it? Jeez Oscar should NEVER be allowed to hold a needle.

They mentioned it in a vlog before, the nurse won't do it because it doesn't come from them... or something. Let me try to find it, and I will leave a link for you. It does seem weird, since her last OB office had no problem doing it. (She switched OBs)
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

in the vlog "extreme night terror experience"
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

I feel like we aren't going to get a name reveal until after Kyra pops this kid out :roll:

I get it's a big decision, but it's been between the same TWO names for months now. I'm sensing a similar situation to what happened with Britney and Baby, where she stated in past videos she'd name her next girl Harper (just as OK did, except with the name Novalee) but since Oscar's dumb ass said it on Younow they're trying to draw it out to build suspense. And similarly, Brit wanted it to be unique and surprising, so she went with Harlow.

Kid's already making them money in the womb. Guess you could call her a fetal entrepreneur!!
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hellohiyesitsme »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:

I cant tell if you are being sarcastic? Yeah, who cares if the kid has been put in danger multiple times, has a fucked sleeping schedule and gets fed protein shakes because his parents cant be bothered to actual feed him. At least hes cute right?

Also, Kyra said that they stay awake until 4.00am editing but also claims that Levi wakes up at 7-8am usually. I call bullshit on them living off 3 hours sleep a night.
Was being so hostile really necessary? What's wrong with saying Levi is a cute kid? They even said that their parenting skills aren't that great.
perctpiper
Talker
Talker

Unread post by perctpiper »

Hellohiyesitsme wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote:

Was being so hostile really necessary? What's wrong with saying Levi is a cute kid? They even said that their parenting skills aren't that great.
Average parenting and shitty parenting are completely different, though.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

perctpiper wrote:
Hellohiyesitsme wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote: I cant tell if you are being sarcastic? Yeah, who cares if the kid has been put in danger multiple times, has a fucked sleeping schedule and gets fed protein shakes because his parents cant be bothered to actual feed him. At least hes cute right?

Average parenting and shitty parenting are completely different, though.
Okay. Why don't you post videos of you and your family everyday and prove to us that you're an above average parent..since you obviously don't make mistakes.

d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Okay I get the impression Oscar is super possessive over Kyra.. like he has to be the main priority. It shows in the latest vlog
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

ilovelamp wrote:
kkkk wrote:I did purée with my first and he's super picky. I plan to do BLW with his baby brother. But in order to do BLW properly, you have to learn about it. Kyra and Oscar don't seem to have a clue.

They mentioned it in a vlog before, the nurse won't do it because it doesn't come from them... or something. Let me try to find it, and I will leave a link for you. It does seem weird, since her last OB office had no problem doing it. (She switched OBs)
How strange! All providers offer progesterone shots. Weird!! But then again nothing with them ever makes any sense.

mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

Hellohiyesitsme wrote:
mydietsucks_1 wrote:

I would rather a child be safe and healthy than cute lol and they arnt average parents, they have continuously put their infant son in danger. Blankets in a crib, temping him off the bed so he fell, and I think people forget about the time they were on a boat and while the boat was rocking, levi was up on a seat next to the edge, not being held, with no life jacket on. So yeah, hes a cute kid but its kind of lucky hes not dead. The comment that I originally commented on was pretty flippantly saying 'so what if they are average parents, at least their kid is cute'. And you mentioned below in response to someone else that why dont we vlog cause Im sure we make mistakes? I am not a parent, and i know to put a life jacket on a kid in a boat, no blankets in the crib because he could suffocate, and to feed a kid more than strawberries and milk.
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hellohiyesitsme »

mydietsucks_1 wrote:

I would rather a child be safe and healthy than cute lol and they arnt average parents, they have continuously put their infant son in danger. Blankets in a crib, temping him off the bed so he fell, and I think people forget about the time they were on a boat and while the boat was rocking, levi was up on a seat next to the edge, not being held, with no life jacket on. So yeah, hes a cute kid but its kind of lucky hes not dead. The comment that I originally commented on was pretty flippantly saying 'so what if they are average parents, at least their kid is cute'. And you mentioned below in response to someone else that why dont we vlog cause Im sure we make mistakes? I am not a parent, and i know to put a life jacket on a kid in a boat, no blankets in the crib because he could suffocate, and to feed a kid more than strawberries and milk.
Uh, I don't know why you're responding to me cause I definitely wasn't the one who made that comment. I think you took what she was saying the wrong way though. I don't think she was excusing their actions, she was moreso saying that having a cute kid is the only thing they've got going for them.

Return to “OKBaby”