Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Vincere wrote:Really?
Thumbnail with Bryan, title with Bryan, tags with Bryan.
#SELLOUTS

Tags
bonnie, bonnie hoellein, Bryan Lanning Album release Party \/ Trip, bryan lanning album release, bryan lanning album, los angeles, los angeles california, reaction, react, motion sickness, motion, sickness, nausea, symptoms, trip, vacation, vlogging, daily vlog, vlog, bryan lanning, daily bumps, missy lanning, rad swim, albion fit, teddy blake, travel, support, vloggs, bro date, blog, seo, haul, nervous, idaho,

She's been a legit fan for awhile. It's quite sickening.

Probably ever since Mama Griff deemed him chair worthy.

Edited to add: though that trip was actually all about him. I don't have a problem with the tags.
A #1 tag was byran lanning album release so I bet they picked up new preteen/teen viewers.

Not crazy they are moving towards BM, but it is a business which appears they wish to grow...I would rather have a smaller channel than sell out to this group. But perhaps I would surprise myself, I would love the money and sale my soul for wealth lol.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote: A #1 tag was byran lanning album release so I bet they picked up new preteen/teen viewers.

Not crazy they are moving towards BM, but it is a business which appears they wish to grow...I would rather have a smaller channel than sell out to this group. But perhaps I would surprise myself, I would love the money and sale my soul for wealth lol.
This is the thing I find curious though. She's making really good money. Enough to support her lifestyle if she's truly happy with her life. Why go after the child viewers? She has to see by now that it will change her channel. I think she's a bored housewife and she's looking for "a life." She's sold on the glamour that she sees in these meetups and vacays. I'm sure Ellie is talking her life up to everyone, not letting them know if she still feels empty or trapped by it.

I was thinking about E&Js thumbnail today... why would they do that after what JUST happened? It's a weird judgement call. Are they that desperate for views? They seem to be doing well. When is it enough money? Will they just always want more and never be satisfied? The more I see if this life, the more I'm glad that I'm not in it.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

The video description looks like is written by a 7 year old with a memory of 2 seconds.
Bryan Lanning album release party. Joel goes to the Bryan Lanning album release party. Joel flies to Los Angeles California and spend the day with Jared, Cullen, and Bryan. Bonnie Stays home Prepping for her up coming trip. Joel's reaction to flying is priceless, he gets sick from anything that moves. Joel gets motion sickness and plans how he will react to the symptoms. It was so fun for Joel to take a small vacation and visit Cullen, and the Daily bumps,
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Vincere wrote:The video description looks like is written by a 7 year old with a memory of 2 seconds.
Bryan Lanning album release party. Joel goes to the Bryan Lanning album release party. Joel flies to Los Angeles California and spend the day with Jared, Cullen, and Bryan. Bonnie Stays home Prepping for her up coming trip. Joel's reaction to flying is priceless, he gets sick from anything that moves. Joel gets motion sickness and plans how he will react to the symptoms. It was so fun for Joel to take a small vacation and visit Cullen, and the Daily bumps,
i guess olivia has to have something to do now she isn't allowed to bite her nails or play with her favourite doll.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Vincere wrote:The video description looks like is written by a 7 year old with a memory of 2 seconds.
Holy shit. That is awful.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote: A #1 tag was byran lanning album release so I bet they picked up new preteen/teen viewers.

This is the thing I find curious though. She's making really good money. Enough to support her lifestyle if she's truly happy with her life. Why go after the child viewers? She has to see by now that it will change her channel. I think she's a bored housewife and she's looking for "a life." She's sold on the glamour that she sees in these meetups and vacays. I'm sure Ellie is talking her life up to everyone, not letting them know if she still feels empty or trapped by it.

I was thinking about E&Js thumbnail today... why would they do that after what JUST happened? It's a weird judgement call. Are they that desperate for views? They seem to be doing well. When is it enough money? Will they just always want more and never be satisfied? The more I see if this life, the more I'm glad that I'm not in it.
I absolutely agree with your entire premise. I would be content with what they have now which is more than most in the world has. I would also reset the channel to three days a week and tell Joel start a business or get a job since this isn't going to be the main income forever.

I think the materialistic life (who wouldn't like someone sending a hundreds of dollars purses) and seeing a life outside of Logan must be something she now wants, but doesn't need. It will change their channel from an earlier simpler time when they vlogged...Joel hard at work, Bonnie home earning some side money by YouTubing part-time.

What is enough? Do they like the fame? I don't know. Is more money going to make them happier and what is the price the family will pay or really the children. The E+J thumbnail was awful since it looked like stool on their child's head...they keep going lower and lower on the decency scale...those two are scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There's a line from the movie "Wall Street": "how much is enough? How many boats can you ski behind?" It seems, sadly, to be human nature, that once you get a taste, you want more and more.
What really amazes me is so many of these vloggers claim to be Christians, when Jesus flat out says it's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven, and that you can only serve one master. And the longer these people do it, the more stuff they have, the emptier they seem.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I wonder if Jennika was invited? What other female Mormon Utah vloggers didn't get invited?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I wonder if Jennika was invited? What other female Mormon Utah vloggers didn't get invited?
Ruby maybe? Or that dabcer Ashley?

Part of me thinks Bonnie wasn't actually invited, but Ellie was too anxious to travel without her so she was included. I'm an anxious person, and would definitely feel more comfortable with someone "take charge" like Bonnie. If Ellie is actually anxious that is. Could also be she just wanted someone she's actually close to there.

Or maybe Ruby and Jennika just chose not to go?
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

Any predictions on when the Holleins break ground on their own Ice Palace McMansion?

I say before the end of 2017.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Sam posted this and it made me wonder.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 5c0cd1.png[/img]

Jennika is such a good person and I hate for her feelings to be hurt. (Not that she would want to go hang out with them!)
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Sam posted this and it made me wonder.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 5c0cd1.png[/img]

Jennika is such a good person and I hate for her feelings to be hurt. (Not that she would want to go hang out with them!)
I immediately thought of that when I saw SAMs post :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Isn't PJ still breastfeeding though? She's 9 months, but I think Jenn is still breastfeeding.
Although I wouldn't put it past the bitchier chicks in this group to exclude her. She's such a sweetheart. And someone as sweet as she is, makes ones own bitchiness stand out more.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Peridot wrote:Any predictions on when the Holleins break ground on their own Ice Palace McMansion?

I say before the end of 2017.
Not before Ruby, which also kinda needs a new home anyways.
But her channel is growing at a ridiculous rate.
Just checked and in the past 30 days she had 41 million views.
EJ or BJ had maximum 20 something in a month.
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

lmmomSD wrote:There's a line from the movie "Wall Street": "how much is enough? How many boats can you ski behind?" It seems, sadly, to be human nature, that once you get a taste, you want more and more.
What really amazes me is so many of these vloggers claim to be Christians, when Jesus flat out says it's easier to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven, and that you can only serve one master. And the longer these people do it, the more stuff they have, the emptier they seem.

I think it can be a bit of human nature of wanting more and more things but at the same time it depends on the person and their family. I could be wrong but I can't imagine Katie and Jennika getting so much into that materialistic life or obsessed with YouTube, even Colette when she lived in LA wasn't so tempted by it, but at the same time I could see Cullen changing if their channel got big and we know for sure that Shay's ego was big pre-being a millionaire and it's even bigger now. About Sam I don't know, he has matured a lot when they got pregnant with Penny but he was a bit of a man child before that.

In Bonnie's case, I could see her wishing they lived in a big city, she was glowing when they went to NY last year! Bonnie and Ellie got a taste of something that no one on their family had, they were expected to be SAHM taking care of many kids and living with a tight budget while their husbands worked for hours in low paid jobs.

I always thought that what made B&J likeable was how they balanced it each other but since Joel quitted his job they just lost it, now Joel is trying to be someone he isn't.
I can't remember who commented on it but these families have this mentality that it's the man the one who works outside while they star at home and take care of the kids, in Ellie and Katie's case I think they don't even edit their own videos (sorry if I'm wrong!) and Jennika doesn't even have her own channel.

About the DB, I only watched maybe 5 vlogs of them and some of those were even pre- their youngest kid, but Bonnie has always fangirled about them, IMO this second generation of vloggers tend to try to latch onto the DB because they couldn't get Shay's -who was the bigger fish until a few years ago- attention. But hey, maybe it's better for them, Samika got to be part of their "close friends" and look what Shay did to them.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Oh, definitely not _everyone_ responds to money that way. It just seems that most people do. Maybe with vlogging it's also because of the personality type that does it in the first place. This one family my daughter watches, the Davises, uploaded a vlog the other day, where all they did was go to a mall and eat at a food court. I can't imagine thinking anyone would be interested in watching me go to the mall and eat lunch at the food court. Or go to Target or Starbucks. And I can't believe these people get paid for it, sometimes lots and lots (cough, cough, DB, cough)
I just think you have to be especially grounded to not fall into the "Gotta get more views! Gotta attract more subscribers! Need more money!!!" mentality.

OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

aprilfromengland wrote:Absolutely disgusted with the way they have handled the nail biting. It is also embarrassing for Olivia to have family/peers having to watch her go through this on the internet let alone 1000's of strangers. Bonnie very much gets her own way with everything, I feel like Joel is scared of her, he pussyfoots around her, like telling her about the car. She seems to be very controlling in my opinion and she has gone way overboard with Olivia's punishment but god forbid her little princess has bitten nails, yeah it's not nice but you don't punish someone that harshly for a habit like that, nail biting isn't bad behaviour.

Bonnie has bad habits, I think nap time needs to be taken away for 7 days every time the dang kids are left unattended on counters, outside, on the freaking table....wow she would be shattered!!!
I too am shocked by her outdated and over-controlling parenting style. Nail biting is not bad behavior that requires punishment. These kids are going to need therapy, if Bonnie allows it.

It was always hard to watch her put tiny Boston and Lincoln to bed for 10 hours straight, no picking them up, no feeding them. Not only is that emotionally cruel, as babies have a normal need to wake, be comforted and fed by their parents, but that's truly dangerous. A baby a month or two old definitely shouldn't go 10+ hours without eating. And she didn't even have a monitor in there. She's lucky not to have faced SIDS.

I also agree Joel is afraid of her. His voice didn't sound at all confident while he was backing Bossy Bonnie on her nail biting punishment. They are lucky its the least "bad behavior" the children have exhibited so far.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And Bonnie is leaving town in the middle of it, and Joel also went out of town. So let's add to her anxiety, and then take away her favorite doll.
I really don't want to watch again. But I don't know-- she's supposed to not bite her nails for 7 days. If she fails, does the 7 days start again? For instance, I have a friend, and whenever someone really bugs her, she prays for them for a month. And if she thinks something bad about that person, she has to start over. Just wondering if this is that way, or if she gets the doll back after 7 days no matter what. It makes a difference.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OldHag wrote:
aprilfromengland wrote:Absolutely disgusted with the way they have handled the nail biting. It is also embarrassing for Olivia to have family/peers having to watch her go through this on the internet let alone 1000's of strangers. Bonnie very much gets her own way with everything, I feel like Joel is scared of her, he pussyfoots around her, like telling her about the car. She seems to be very controlling in my opinion and she has gone way overboard with Olivia's punishment but god forbid her little princess has bitten nails, yeah it's not nice but you don't punish someone that harshly for a habit like that, nail biting isn't bad behaviour.

Bonnie has bad habits, I think nap time needs to be taken away for 7 days every time the dang kids are left unattended on counters, outside, on the freaking table....wow she would be shattered!!!
I too am shocked by her outdated and over-controlling parenting style. Nail biting is not bad behavior that requires punishment. These kids are going to need therapy, if Bonnie allows it.

It was always hard to watch her put tiny Boston and Lincoln to bed for 10 hours straight, no picking them up, no feeding them. Not only is that emotionally cruel, as babies have a normal need to wake, be comforted and fed by their parents, but that's truly dangerous. A baby a month or two old definitely shouldn't go 10+ hours without eating. And she didn't even have a monitor in there. She's lucky not to have faced SIDS.

I also agree Joel is afraid of her. His voice didn't sound at all confident while he was backing Bossy Bonnie on her nail biting punishment. They are lucky its the least "bad behavior" the children have exhibited so far.
The viewers or their fans this past week, pointed out problems/issues (first time in great numbers with Olivia) and it didn't change their thinking. Bonnie and/or Joel's parents are likely the only ones who could influence them or maybe a church member who thinks this Mormon household isn't being shown in the best light. I am also thinking beyond just their discipline style or the above message, but the problem with Jared.

But perhaps this whole community thinks we are wrong...and we just live in a different culture outside of Utah.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

As for what seems like an attempt to latch onto the DB train and acquire some of their child viewers... I don't necessarily think it's indicative of Bonnie being less than content with her lifestyle. She seems genuinely happy with her Suburban, remodeled home, nice handbags, etc. Their current standard of living is higher than I think she and Joel had imagined it would ever be, and compared to some other vloggers, they seem genuinely pleased with what they have.

Perhaps I am just projecting, but if it were me, I would probably want to grab every dollar that's on the table, not necessarily to continue boosting my own lifestyle, but because YouTube may not last forever. It is not a reliable source of income long-term. Even if YT lives on, there's no guarantee their channel will remain so profitable. Plenty of YTers have diversified for this reason and are earning income from several different projects while building their resume, but Bonnie is a really basic garden-variety family vlogger. As such, it's probably wise to make as much money as possible while she still can - though I do agree, it's disappointing to see Bonnie and Joel (and E+J, C&K) fangirling over Bryan's music. Anyone with ears knows it is garbage.

I could be wrong, but I don't really foresee the Hoelleins moving any time soon, new build or otherwise - unless she gets pregnant again. I'm sure the Ice Palace is tempting to Bonnie, but I think Joel will keep Bonnie grounded. He does have to "handle" her a lot and it does seem like she's the dominant partner, but I think Joel just picks his battles. They will do Disney at some point, and continue to have an upgraded life, with more restaurant meals and concerts and lovely Christmas gifts etc, but I don't see Joel as someone who necessarily goes along with all of Bonnie's whims like Jared does for Ellie. He indulges her at times, but I still believe he would stand his ground on something as big and frivolous as an Ice Palace 2.0.

Unrelated, but I actually cried a tiny bit the other day when Bonnie talked about the unconventional "promise ring" Joel gave to her before his mission. I liked what she said about treating your partner well, that people who are treated like garbage will act like garbage, etc. That has always been my philosophy too. When Bonnie shows that side of herself and her relationship with Joel, she is truly at her best. I don't always agree with everything she does, but that was a nice reminder of why I liked her in the first place.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”