JesssFam: All Addie, All the Time (Part 83)

Lisey26
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: All Addie, All the Time (Part 83)

Unread post by Lisey26 »

Am I the only one who can't see her Monday video or hasn't she posted it yet? I just woke up in Europe and it's usually up at this time

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Lisey26 wrote:Am I the only one who can't see her Monday video or hasn't she posted it yet? I just woke up in Europe and it's usually up at this time

I don't think she's posted one yet

It's 10:30 pm here so she still has a while according to "jess time" lol
Lisey26
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lisey26 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Lisey26 wrote:Am I the only one who can't see her Monday video or hasn't she posted it yet? I just woke up in Europe and it's usually up at this time

I don't think she's posted one yet

It's 10:30 pm here so she still has a while according to "jess time" lol
Oh ok thanks

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

Whilst I agree on not having to many blankets in a crib, all 3 of my kiddos were and still are tummy sleepers I would put them on their back or side and they would be on their tummies within a very short time, my doctors didnt have an issue and was told that SIDS is in the child no matter what you do if that child is going to pass from SIDS it will happen its something to do with the childs genetic make up or so I was told, in any case when my parents had me they were told back sleeping was a BIG NON NO and then my brother came along 5 years later and suddenly tummy was a NO NO if you look back it changes over time, personally a friend of mines baby almost chocked on her back because she did not have the head control yet so personally I don't fault her for allowing Addie to tummy sleep as long as Addie can move her face to the side on her own
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

S_tine05 wrote:Whilst I agree on not having to many blankets in a crib, all 3 of my kiddos were and still are tummy sleepers I would put them on their back or side and they would be on their tummies within a very short time, my doctors didnt have an issue and was told that SIDS is in the child no matter what you do if that child is going to pass from SIDS it will happen its something to do with the childs genetic make up or so I was told, in any case when my parents had me they were told back sleeping was a BIG NON NO and then my brother came along 5 years later and suddenly tummy was a NO NO if you look back it changes over time, personally a friend of mines baby almost chocked on her back because she did not have the head control yet so personally I don't fault her for allowing Addie to tummy sleep as long as Addie can move her face to the side on her own
How old are your kids? Doctors today are huge on "back is best" for sleeping, so I would be very surprised if a doctor told you tummy sleeping was fine. I let my kids nap on their stomach but never 10 hours through the night, especially surrounded by blankets.
countrygirl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by countrygirl »

pianogossiper wrote:
babyfox wrote:I really think it stems from narcissism. I can understand why most parents want their kids to take after their looks to some degree, but with Jess it's an obsession. Whenever one of her babies has blonde/red hair and non-brown eyes, she watches it like a hawk and mentions it at every opportunity.
I still secretly hope Lilia's hair darkens the older she gets, same with Kaden. The narcissism is unreal, all that matters to her is looks Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had bright blond hair similar to Lilia's until I was about 10, and then it turned a boring ashy light brown, so there's hope for Lilia Image

pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by pianogossiper »

countrygirl wrote:
pianogossiper wrote:
babyfox wrote:I really think it stems from narcissism. I can understand why most parents want their kids to take after their looks to some degree, but with Jess it's an obsession. Whenever one of her babies has blonde/red hair and non-brown eyes, she watches it like a hawk and mentions it at every opportunity.
I still secretly hope Lilia's hair darkens the older she gets, same with Kaden. The narcissism is unreal, all that matters to her is looks Image

I had bright blond hair similar to Lilia's until I was about 10, and then it turned a boring ashy light brown, so there's hope for Lilia Image

Yeah similar to me, my baby hair was ginger as heck and then when that all grown/fell out I was blonde until I was 8 or 9 and now my hair is dark brown. With Gabe's genes I can't imagine Lilia's hair not changing colour at some point

webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

"once I take away diapers, they're gone for good"
oh? I saw SnapChats of Laden in underwear and then weeks later there's vlogs of him clearly wearing a diaper, it wasn't old footage either. those Snaps definitely had to be from the future then

Sent from my 0PJA2
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

I actually think Addie is pretty cute in this picture. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 2614be.jpg

pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ceirsten8676 wrote:I actually think Addie is pretty cute in this picture. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 2614be.jpg

She's an adorable baby, she's just not anything Jess claims she is - she's not advanced, or exempt from SIDS, nor is she even really that ginger (though it's visible in some pictures it could just be lighting - she looks really fair 90% of the time)

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:I actually think Addie is pretty cute in this picture. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 2614be.jpg

It's really weird to see a bold baby... no hate in my comment, all the babies I have seen in my life (i am talking real life so youtube excluded) were born with a lot of brown hair so a bold baby is really weird to me...
Sassysea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sassysea »

My son had horrible reflux was less than five years ago and the doctor said never to put him on his back out a fear he would throw up in the middle of the night so he slept on an incline sleeper for a long time
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Sassysea wrote:My son had horrible reflux was less than five years ago and the doctor said never to put him on his back out a fear he would throw up in the middle of the night so he slept on an incline sleeper for a long time
One of mine has a terrible gag reflex we were told stomach and or side because he could choke on his spit up. That was 23 years ago.

SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

I think she's growing into her features. About a week after she was born I didn't find her cute at all because her eyes were kinda bulging out of her head and that alongside her being too young to really have facial expressions made her look slightly unsettling. But not I think she's as cute as a button :D
pianogossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper

SweetAsANutMate wrote:

I think she's growing into her features. About a week after she was born I didn't find her cute at all because her eyes were kinda bulging out of her head and that alongside her being too young to really have facial expressions made her look slightly unsettling. But not I think she's as cute as a button :D
I think all of her kids grow into their looks. Landen was weird to me until just before he was two, and now he's the cutest (in my opinion). None of her kids were the bonniest as babies.

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
S_tine05 wrote:Whilst I agree on not having to many blankets in a crib, all 3 of my kiddos were and still are tummy sleepers I would put them on their back or side and they would be on their tummies within a very short time, my doctors didnt have an issue and was told that SIDS is in the child no matter what you do if that child is going to pass from SIDS it will happen its something to do with the childs genetic make up or so I was told, in any case when my parents had me they were told back sleeping was a BIG NON NO and then my brother came along 5 years later and suddenly tummy was a NO NO if you look back it changes over time, personally a friend of mines baby almost chocked on her back because she did not have the head control yet so personally I don't fault her for allowing Addie to tummy sleep as long as Addie can move her face to the side on her own
How old are your kids? Doctors today are huge on "back is best" for sleeping, so I would be very surprised if a doctor told you tummy sleeping was fine. I let my kids nap on their stomach but never 10 hours through the night, especially surrounded by blankets.
My eldest is 9 my youngest is 3, my eldest was a preemie and a reflux/ colic baby and my youngest had bad reflux and colic in the beginning he would lay on his back on his wedge we had to purchase for his reflux but as soon as he could he would move onto his tummy, like I said the doctors were fine as long as they could move their neck which they all could from very early also no other blankets other than a receiver on them , I tried keeping them on their backs they were just not happy and would not sleep and roll onto their tummies, personally though if in an infant has no neck control and they throw up they will choke on their backs as my friends baby nearly did so in my opinion (not a doctor though) side is probably the best, I loved to carry and rock my kids to sleep though so in all honesty that may have been the reason they preferred their tummy because I would often hold then on my chest while seated at an angle and rub their backs etc it helped my two that were colicky/ reflux
dancingfireflame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dancingfireflame »

My sister in law sent me an interesting article a few years back. It was a study conducted in New Zealand, they had the highest rate of SIDS, they linked SIDS deaths to the fire retardant chemical in baby mattresses. They developed this kind of mattress wrap/cover, I forgot what material It's made out of, but they have had no deaths from babies that slept on a properly wrapped mattress. It was a pretty interesting read.
I forgot to add that they claim the chemical becomes more toxic if there is no protection and a baby spits up or leaks over the mattress. So since Jess can't even keep sheets on her kids bed, who knows of Addie's crib mattress has any sort of sheet protection.
I don't know how true this is because I know babies have died from SIDS while not sleeping in a crib.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
LilaLavender
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LilaLavender »

I can fully understand wanting your child to have a certain characteristic because a) you adore it on your SO or b) you like it on yourself (because it's rare or whatever). My SO has caramel-gold-coloured eyes which I think are just the most beautiful things in the universe and which I would love to see passed on to our kids; but that is largely because of my love for him, not so much the colour itself, probably. Jess seemed to have always talked about the blue eyes for the sake of the blueness, never like "oh I find blue eyes so pretty on Chris/myself/because they remind me of the sky/etc". It's always just been "blue, because... blue, guys!!!"

I'm on the fence about the red hair though. It is just a fact that red hair is very rare, so if you are red-haired/carry the gene, that you would be excited for it to be passed on. I find Jessica and Christopher's obsessions with Ed's hair to be beyond creepy, but I understand their enthusiasm. His because he thinks it is pretty, she because he has started to help her find it pretty+it adds to Ed being a unique special snowflake golden child. It's creepy but not too unsurprising. My best friend is the only person in her direct family with red hair, and she really hopes to pass it on too.
I agree that we can just hope that 1) Ed isn't gonna be receiving too obvious preferential treatment / be only ever praised on her appearance and 2) that they will help her like her appearance together WITH the light eyelashes/eyebrows/pale skin/rude comments of other people, instead of just thinking "we'll just put mascara and eyebrow pencil every day until she's 8 and from then out give her a higher allowance than the other kids so that she has a makeup budget for herself".
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

To be fair, jess started going back to her red hair before she got pregnant with landen so I don't think her going back to red was because of chris
dancingfireflame
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by dancingfireflame »

She first "introduced" Chris at the end of September 2014, but who knows how long he was in the picture before then.
The fact that she would always phrase "we didn't know each other when Landen was CONCIEVED" when people were questioning Drake's paternity. And also the fact that she has yet to admit how they met, all seem fishy. He could have been around while she was pregnant, he definitely seems like he would be that desperate.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but her choice of words are too bizarre.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Return to “JesssFam”