Steps to Wander

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I think he's working as a communications coordinator for a non-profit religious organization in Portland. It could be another Corbin Scott in Portland who happens to have his name, so it might not be him.
I can't imagine it's the same Corbin. That would be SO odd! That's a big, popular and well-known church - and I actually know several members (including my ex-bf's godparents)! A communications coordinator job there would certainly be full-time and on-site (maybe some work-from-home, but not as much as Corbin does). Also, I can't image they'd hire someone who wasn't involved in the church for that sort of position. Kelsey and Corbin have never mentioned ever going to church or even being interested in going church.
You may be right about that. I've never heard them mention church before either, but I figured since it was a very progressive congregation that it would appeal to them. In my experience that denomination is a whole different story than other Christian denominations. I don't think they'd necessarily have a staff only comprised of active members, as long as you told them you believed in the general mission of the church. They may just want someone with a communications background who is okay working part-time without benefits for the salary they wanted to pay. I thought "communications coordinator" might be a fancy title for someone who helps write and edit blog posts and newsletters. If it was Director of Communications that would be one thing. But often times coordinator is non-profit speak for admin assistant. I have no way of confirming that it's his job. But it is something in my opinion that could be done remotely part-time. It does sound like he's going into the "office" a lot more frequently.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

An old college friend of mine is an affiliate minister for that church. Tempted to ask him if he knows Corbin...but I don't want to be too creepy. LOL
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

ewokfan11 wrote:An old college friend of mine is an affiliate minister for that church. Tempted to ask him if he knows Corbin...but I don't want to be too creepy. LOL
Do it for the gossip! Lol! Make up an excuse like "oh I saw him on the Portland news channel".

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lalila wrote:I fully agree with you. Nowadays a diploma doesn't get you directly a job, it's about starting somewhere and climbing up the ladder, that's why I wrote theoritically. I generally feels like Corbin is a rather lazy and negative person that needs to be pushed to get something out of him. Its all high speculation, but I do not imagine him as being the kind of guy who would work his ass off.

I really do not get these two and their decision process. As future parents, I would have expected Corbin to work his ass off so that he could provide a bigger flat for his family. These two think that eventually, they will have a lot of money just like Bryan and Missy. But they do not realise that Missy was still working while pregnant with Ollie and so was Bryan.
For me it's not so much the size of the apartment. I've known quite a few people who own fancy houses but have nothing in the bank because they're living paycheck to paycheck and spending everything they make. If they chose to live in a small apartment so that they could comfortably allocate fund to things like retirement savings, health insurance and an HSA, an emergency fund, college savings, debt repayment, a future downpayment, etc. that would be one thing. But with a part time job and their YouTube income along with a $1600+ a month rental, they're most likely living paycheck to paycheck and spending money they don't have. That's the bewildering part to me.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

I, on one hand, applaud them for their courage to rish it all and gamble. OTOH, their ignorance, arrogance, and laziness appall me. Relying on friends and family before hitting it big is one thing. Asking them to buy you luxury items such as expensive stroller, car seats, and clothings that are beyond their own budget is greed. Their vlogs are lacking in contents and boring as heck. If I am an entrepreneur, I would spend every waking moment to make my product better. They, on the contrary, is doing the minimum to get by and relying on the Missy's baby shower and Juniper to take them to the promise land.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

melonyogloo wrote:I, on one hand, applaud them for their courage to rish it all and gamble. OTOH, their ignorance, arrogance, and laziness appall me. Relying on friends and family before hitting it big is one thing. Asking them to buy you luxury items such as expensive stroller, car seats, and clothings that are beyond their own budget is greed. Their vlogs are lacking in contents and boring as heck. If I am an entrepreneur, I would spend every waking moment to make my product better. They, on the contrary, is doing the minimum to get by and relying on the Missy's baby shower and Juniper to take them to the promise land.
It is fascinating to see them pick out the top of the line, most expensive option for everything when it's being gifted to them by family. I'm assuming the mini crib was a gift as well, since it's one of the more expensive mini-cribs out there. I'm guessing the rocker was not gifted to them, and that's why it's so inexpensive. I just looked it up on Amazon and it's only $125. It doesn't even have any neck or head support. That's going to suck for late night feedings when you can't lean back and lay your head on anything.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:
melonyogloo wrote:I, on one hand, applaud them for their courage to rish it all and gamble. OTOH, their ignorance, arrogance, and laziness appall me. Relying on friends and family before hitting it big is one thing. Asking them to buy you luxury items such as expensive stroller, car seats, and clothings that are beyond their own budget is greed. Their vlogs are lacking in contents and boring as heck. If I am an entrepreneur, I would spend every waking moment to make my product better. They, on the contrary, is doing the minimum to get by and relying on the Missy's baby shower and Juniper to take them to the promise land.
It is fascinating to see them pick out the top of the line, most expensive option for everything when it's being gifted to them by family. I'm assuming the mini crib was a gift as well, since it's one of the more expensive mini-cribs out there. I'm guessing the rocker was not gifted to them, and that's why it's so inexpensive. I just looked it up on Amazon and it's only $125. It doesn't even have any neck or head support. That's going to suck for late night feedings when you can't lean back and lay your head on anything.
I don't think they honestly "took a chance." I think they aren't very employable and DB's YT scheme (I still have NO IDEA why they are so popular) made them jealous. Corbin and Kelsey are probably in a lot of debt, especially from student loans and Corbin has mentioned being maxed on CCs, and their bumpkin Idaho friends are now multimillionaires...so they are riding their coattails as long as they can.

I really think it's weird they are asking for and getting really expensive stuff from family and friends. I think ALL the Amazon stuff is from Missy and Bryan through an Amazon Allowance account (that way it's less public to give them $$$ than Patreon was, LOL!) . I'm also really getting curious when and where this baby shower is happening!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I seriously think that people who know the Lumps must look at them and see how much they make, and think, "hey-- if these bozos can be millionaires, so can I" The Johnsons, SlyFox, Corbin and Kelsey, etc. SlyFox even had a relatively successful business going, but I think they saw the "easy" money and wanted in. I just think the Lumps got into it at the right time, and had a compelling story with the losses. I don't know what attracted kids to them, or why they're so beloved. But I can absolutely see someone looking at them and thinking it must be easy if they are millionaires!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

I wouldn't mind the size of their flat either if I could see them having a goal. Same with the car, I wouldnt mind either that they had no car if I could see them having a plan. I see none of this. I see two bratty persons, that I hope, thank their family enough for all of their support.

I am having the same opinion as you. All I want to say is that Oscar, with no college background, has been able to provide for his family back at the time.

What about Corbin? I dont see him working in a wharehouse anytime soon. He probably thinks he is superior than that. Never has he given me the impression of being a hard worker, yet I can totaly imagin him not taking a job that pays for "appearence".

Its normal as future parents to be slightly naive, once the baby is here, wow wow wow what a change in life! But these two are soooo naive..... they are on their own bubble. I just don't see how its gonna work with no real size appartment, no car, no real job... and no plan for the future.
lalila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lalila »

What is Patreon by the way? sorry for the double post.
lilwhiteindian
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilwhiteindian »

lalila wrote:What is Patreon by the way? sorry for the double post.
It's a site where you can give money to support your favourite creators. Either through a one off donation or a monthly amount. They often offer 'rewards' like an exclusive livestream or the ability to see the videos early etc depending on the amount that you give. I think it can be a good thing but it can also be used by creators as a lazy way out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

At least Missy and Bryan have consistently uploaded videos between 10-15 minutes in length every day for four years. I am bewildered that they are multi-millionaires and I think the little kids are the only reason anyone watches them. They are gross stage parents who exploit their children for a paycheck. Now that they've hit it big they can just spend money and showcase their conspicuous consumption. Look at our new house! Look at our new pets! Look at our new truck! Look at our luxury vacation! But I think they're a special case of being in the right place at the right time and anyone who thinks they can easily replicate their success is misguided.

It does seem like Missy's cousin is making a good living, probably low six figures. So if Kelsey and Corbin want to be successful by proxy they need to move to Southern CA. They're only producing about 7 minutes of content every day and use other videos as stand-ins for vlogs. And their videos only ever feature the two of them. They don't have any family or friends. It's so repetitive and boring. I can't believe they've been teasing this nursery reveal for weeks now. Does anyone really care what they did with a closet? It's going to be a mini crib in a closet.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote: I can't believe they've been teasing this nursery reveal for weeks now. Does anyone really care what they did with a closet? It's going to be a mini crib in a closet.
This could just be me, but even though I'm mildly curious about a nursery reveal, I never get *that* excited about them. It's just where the baby sleeps. It's not as big as a gender reveal, name reveal, or birth vlog. So if they think they are going to get a huge amount of views for the nursery reveal, they will probably be surprised.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote: I can't believe they've been teasing this nursery reveal for weeks now. Does anyone really care what they did with a closet? It's going to be a mini crib in a closet.
This could just be me, but even though I'm mildly curious about a nursery reveal, I never get *that* excited about them. It's just where the baby sleeps. It's not as big as a gender reveal, name reveal, or birth vlog. So if they think they are going to get a huge amount of views for the nursery reveal, they will probably be surprised.
I agree, I don't think they're big money makers on YouTube? I imagine people looking for ideas will search "nursery tour" or "nursery reveal." But it's definitely not on par with gender reveals or name reveals. Since they're so short on content lately, I think it would have been more interesting for them to take viewers along through the process as things arrived and then filmed a tour of sorts at the end to source everything and for the clicks that come from people specifically looking for those types of videos. I don't really get the point of keeping it a secret. They've already shown viewers most of the furniture items and the paint. And it's only a small nook, people aren't going to be that interested. And I usually really enjoy home tours or anything with a design focus, even if it's not exactly my style I still find them interesting. Especially if people are on a tight budget and things are DIY or second hand. April of April and Davey did a nursery tour with her last and she was like, "I crocheted this ottoman myself" and "I made this" or "I got this for a fraction of the retail cost." I was really impressed. But Kelsey and Corbin just aren't creative enough, so I don't anticipate it being an interesting or informative video.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I can see the clickbait title for the nursery "reveal" being something like: BABY LIVES IN A CLOSET!!! :-o
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Has anyone tried to guess the password for the registry? Lol

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueMountains »

ja14 wrote:Has anyone tried to guess the password for the registry? Lol

My guess is it's password lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The way Missy's been prepping for Kelsey's baby shower it sounded like she was hosting it, but in today's vlog Bryan said Missy's just going to the shower for a few days. How the heck is she getting all the arts & crafts, party favors and boatload of gifts to Portland or Idaho or wherever the shower is being held?? Could Missy have been planning to host at her house and that pissed off Kelsey's family? Has Missy EVER traveled by herself??

It's also a bit strange that Missy has been talking about/planning the baby shower for weeks, but Corbin and Kelsey have never even mentioned it.

Seems like the vlogs are an extra day behind or the footage is screwed up. Today's vlog footage was from Friday (even though Kelsey said it was Saturday morning)...because their birthing class was on Saturday.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

ewokfan11 wrote:The way Missy's been prepping for Kelsey's baby shower it sounded like she was hosting it, but in today's vlog Bryan said Missy's just going to the shower for a few days. How the heck is she getting all the arts & crafts, party favors and boatload of gifts to Portland or Idaho or wherever the shower is being held?? Could Missy have been planning to host at her house and that pissed off Kelsey's family? Has Missy EVER traveled by herself??

It's also a bit strange that Missy has been talking about/planning the baby shower for weeks, but Corbin and Kelsey have never even mentioned it.

Seems like the vlogs are an extra day behind or the footage is screwed up. Today's vlog footage was from Friday (even though Kelsey said it was Saturday morning)...because their birthing class was on Saturday.

$10 says she doesn't go alone. I bank on at least Mimi going with her, if not Tal or both.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Every time Kelsey films in their new rocking chair I can't help but think about how miserable that thing is going to be to nurse in. It's not always smart to order things online before you have a chance to test it out. That chair would be going right back to Amazon if I ordered it and realized the back was so short.

LOL to them complaining about an 8 hour birthing class. They do realize that most adults are at work for 8 hours or more Monday through Friday, right?

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”