Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Playsinrain »

PopTheButterfly wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I know that it's just me projecting the comments on to myself, but dang yall make me feel bad about my own size reading here. I feel like i'm close to the same size as Katie, (i know im bigger than Missy and Ellie combined lol) maybe a little smaller... And i try to eat healthy most of the time, probably 70-75% of the time I try and pick healthier choices and i workout at least 3 times a week and i'm still a size 10/12 (down from a 14/16 a year ago). I know my diet isn't perfect, and i don't claim to be a gym rat but damn people are harsh with the body comments. I normally just skim over that stuff on the DB thread (where i feel like it's discussed the most) and I will admit to saying DB's diet is shit, but the most i have ever said about Missy's weight is when people start saying she's pregnant i will throw in that i think shes just soft around the middle. I get its a gossip board, and that the talk is not about me, and that i shouldn't let it bother me, and that it's my issue, not ya'lls.. it just makes me glad i don't choose to put my life out there like they do. People can never be happy with someones weight here. Either you are Katie's size and are considered obese (hell even Missy is called obese) or you are Ellie's size and everyone thinks you have an eating disorder (I'll admit shes unhealthy looking though). I just never see anything positive about ANYONE'S size here. Ever.. Does anyone have a "perfect" body by YTMD standards? I know that body image is a huge thing to gripe about now days, in every form of media and real life, but im just glad that I'm not putting myself out there bc i for one would not be able to handle the talk about my weight all the time. Anyway, that was just an unnecessary personal rant of me projecting opinions of others on too myself.. sorry.. #feelings lol
I don't get why we discuss weight on here either. It's one thing to say "what they eat isn't the healthiest" or "their diet is crap" and I've been known to jump on the Ellie's weight bandwagon because I'm legitimately concerned for her health, but it's another thing to come here and criticize someone's weight alone. We all struggle with weight issues. We're all either too big or too small and we're all trying to fix that in some way or another. While I would like to see C&K eat healthier, I don't want to criticize their weight gain. Same with DB. I think they eat out way too much and they would benefit from eating at home, but I don't want to criticize their weight gain. A diet can be easily fixed, but weight cannot. I've been working out on a consistent basis for 6ish months and still look fat. I'd be devastated if someone looked at me and judged my health without knowing the facts.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
And i guess people can counter with "well we are legitimately concerned with Katie or Cullen's health" (even though neither of them look morbidly obese to me).. I 100% agree.. every one of them (DBEJCK) could use a healthier diet, but fixing your diet is just one step.. Sure they can take these steps and it would be great if they would but the comments that are basically just being mean spirited in regards to their weight just don't sit well with me. I think a lot of it has to do with me trying to change my unhealthy ways and trying to raise a daughter to be body positive and not be obsessed with her size. 15 years ago i probably wouldn't have been bothered with the talk. Now that i've had kids, gained weight, trying my damnedest to lose weight all while trying to be a positive role model for my daughter and trying to teach her that her worth is not based on a number on a scale is a hard thing to do. I guess seeing all the body negative comments just hurt more bc i'm so hyper aware of them now that my daughter is at that awkward age of body realization. Good luck to you as well! <3
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Playsinrain wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I know that it's just me projecting the comments on to myself, but dang yall make me feel bad about my own size reading here. I feel like i'm close to the same size as Katie, (i know im bigger than Missy and Ellie combined lol) maybe a little smaller... And i try to eat healthy most of the time, probably 70-75% of the time I try and pick healthier choices and i workout at least 3 times a week and i'm still a size 10/12 (down from a 14/16 a year ago). I know my diet isn't perfect, and i don't claim to be a gym rat but damn people are harsh with the body comments. I normally just skim over that stuff on the DB thread (where i feel like it's discussed the most) and I will admit to saying DB's diet is shit, but the most i have ever said about Missy's weight is when people start saying she's pregnant i will throw in that i think shes just soft around the middle. I get its a gossip board, and that the talk is not about me, and that i shouldn't let it bother me, and that it's my issue, not ya'lls.. it just makes me glad i don't choose to put my life out there like they do. People can never be happy with someones weight here. Either you are Katie's size and are considered obese (hell even Missy is called obese) or you are Ellie's size and everyone thinks you have an eating disorder (I'll admit shes unhealthy looking though). I just never see anything positive about ANYONE'S size here. Ever.. Does anyone have a "perfect" body by YTMD standards? I know that body image is a huge thing to gripe about now days, in every form of media and real life, but im just glad that I'm not putting myself out there bc i for one would not be able to handle the talk about my weight all the time. Anyway, that was just an unnecessary personal rant of me projecting opinions of others on too myself.. sorry.. #feelings lol
I don't get why we discuss weight on here either. It's one thing to say "what they eat isn't the healthiest" or "their diet is crap" and I've been known to jump on the Ellie's weight bandwagon because I'm legitimately concerned for her health, but it's another thing to come here and criticize someone's weight alone. We all struggle with weight issues. We're all either too big or too small and we're all trying to fix that in some way or another. While I would like to see C&K eat healthier, I don't want to criticize their weight gain. Same with DB. I think they eat out way too much and they would benefit from eating at home, but I don't want to criticize their weight gain. A diet can be easily fixed, but weight cannot. I've been working out on a consistent basis for 6ish months and still look fat. I'd be devastated if someone looked at me and judged my health without knowing the facts.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
And i guess people can counter with "well we are legitimately concerned with Katie or Cullen's health" (even though neither of them look morbidly obese to me).. I 100% agree.. every one of them (DBEJCK) could use a healthier diet, but fixing your diet is just one step.. Sure they can take these steps and it would be great if they would but the comments that are basically just being mean spirited in regards to their weight just don't sit well with me. I think a lot of it has to do with me trying to change my unhealthy ways and trying to raise a daughter to be body positive and not be obsessed with her size. 15 years ago i probably wouldn't have been bothered with the talk. Now that i've had kids, gained weight, trying my damnedest to lose weight all while trying to be a positive role model for my daughter and trying to teach her that her worth is not based on a number on a scale is a hard thing to do. I guess seeing all the body negative comments just hurt more bc i'm so hyper aware of them now that my daughter is at that awkward age of body realization. Good luck to you as well! <3
I feel you on this topic. I also struggle with my weight and am about the same size as Katie. It makes me sad to see these comments. I know my weight is my own fault but it still is depressing. You never know what someone really goes through and why they look the way they do. I hope you ladies only pass judgement on the internet and not in person. I don't even judge missy and Bryan for their weight and to me missy is thin for a mom of 2.

There is another thread that is even worse that I have had to stay out of completely on this issue. I think the thread is full of mostly young girls that don't have kids but they are constantly attacking a woman who is 9 months pregnant about her weight gain. To me the girl isn't even fat but a healthy pregnant person. This is the kkandbabyj thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I have struggled with my weight since before I had my four kids. I have lost and gained. Lately I have lost and started jogging. I would like to see them move. I started out walking last January by June I was running a 5k. In the fall I had to get a procedure done and they said oh you are one of those. By that they meant someone with a low heart rate. So when I went under I set off all the alarms. I do watch what I eat, but I fall off that wagon. I do jog 4-6 miles everyday. So if I eat poorly one day it is ok. As I said I just want to see them get out there and move.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:
I don't think you should feel bad because you are trying! I'm Not a skinny Minnie either by any means and that's why the majority of the time I stay out of it. I don't think it's so much commenting on size, but how they eat. In the vlogs the bumps and CK show themselves eating poorly and Ellie shows herself eating insanely small portions. I think people judge more on the fact that these couples aren't trying to be healthy. Congrats on your weight loss though!
That's exactly it with me. You're trying, and it's hard, but you keep at it. That is wonderful, and you should be proud. These two, and B&M don't do anything to improve their diets, or even go out and walk the dogs. Bryan even ordered in healthy meals for about three days, and his diet is affecting his health. He has gall stones. I don't mean to sound fat-shaming, although I probably do. It's about health with me. Definitely nobody has a perfect body, LOL. Perfection is unattainable. Bonnie has a nice body, Ruby is slim, April who just went on the girl's trip has a nice figure too. So does Jenn from Samika. I don't see people slamming everyone's weight at all. Ellie really_is_ too thin. And girls are emulating her and saying they wished they were that skinny. Shows what trying to be perfect gets you. But there are several boards where weight is never mentioned.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ducklings4 wrote:I have struggled with my weight since before I had my four kids. I have lost and gained. Lately I have lost and started jogging. I would like to see them move. I started out walking last January by June I was running a 5k. In the fall I had to get a procedure done and they said oh you are one of those. By that they meant someone with a low heart rate. So when I went under I set off all the alarms. I do watch what I eat, but I fall off that wagon. I do jog 4-6 miles everyday. So if I eat poorly one day it is ok. As I said I just want to see them get out there and move.

Agreed, i do wish they would just move a little more. I've done 2 5K's (didn't run the whole way, lol walk/ran) and i have hella respect for you being a runner. I just don't think my body is made for that! I'm sure i would be better the more i tried, I do a lot of mixed cardio and weight training..
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

It's hypocritical to come on a gossip forum and talk crap about youtubers, but get upset over weight discussions. No one is bashing Katie or saying she's ugly because she's overweight. We're just saying they eat crap and need to exercise more. Those are facts.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

For myself, my comment was directed at the Western Diet or American's diet and you see this with vloggers. The other issue is they don't show their profiles so it was a surprise to see how they actually look when you see them in another vlog and there are no special camera angles.

I also think the weight issues is here on the board after Cullen and Katie promoted a pretty significant time period to a detox diet...some haven't forgotten this.

Average woman size now in the US is 16/18. I also think both Cullen and Katie are hitting their thirties where it is hard to lose weight. They both look fine.

I actually love seeing the different cultures in the US which includes foods and so far southerns have the best comfort goods:) But it really shows how poorly Americans are eating too. I would include myself in that I could improve my diet.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I wonder if appearance does make a difference with vlogging success. I don't watch Daily Bumps often since I just have a hard time watching Byran and it is not his size. I don't like Byran's beard, voice and weird haircut. So for me, sometimes, looking at the scruffy guys that looks like they have done nothing to appear good on camera will makes a difference. I think the woman take time to put on makeup and look presentable, but not all of the time. You need a good smile to vlog too.

So, I do think you have to make an effort to look ok on vlogs so this goes beyond being the ideal weight.
mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

I would love a tour of Grandolly and Grandoc's house. Simply beautiful

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Agreed!!!! Every time they show a new part of the house I'm like
It also feels like a never ending gorgeous mansion lol

nifer77
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by nifer77 »

While Cullen and Katie (let's face it, all YouTube vloggers), I enjoy watching them because they seem the most down to earth compared to B&M and E&J. Yes, they have family money and I'm sure that they make more than I do just by doing YouTube, but for the most part, they are just everyday people. They eat out at restaurants, their house looks lived in, they seem pretty grounded in the decisions that they make. Are they perfect??? Nope, but I could see being neighbors with them, hanging out with them, so on and so forth. They spend time with their extended family (some more than others because they don't live local). The kiddos are adorable, but they show the good and the not so good sides of the kiddos. I find myself being able to relate to them, unlike other daily vloggers. <3
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

I think if Katie wanted that is she would get a huge huge mommy following doing a after baby weight loss journey. Their family photographer is a trainer for goodness sakes they could do weekly workouts or something creative. I'd totally follow

Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

mblant99 wrote:I would love a tour of Grandolly and Grandoc's house. Simply beautiful

that tour would more interesting that DB's!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Baconsgirl wrote:
mblant99 wrote:I would love a tour of Grandolly and Grandoc's house. Simply beautiful

that tour would more interesting that DB's!

Oh, hell yeah!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sarai wrote:It's hypocritical to come on a gossip forum and talk crap about youtubers, but get upset over weight discussions. No one is bashing Katie or saying she's ugly because she's overweight. We're just saying they eat crap and need to exercise more. Those are facts.
Just to be clear, i never said that people shouldn't talk about it, talk about whatever you want.. I had started and ended my comment by saying i knew that it was just me projecting the weight comments onto myself, which is my own issue, no one elses. I never said or meant to insinuate that i felt like people shouldn't talk about it. Only that i'm glad i didn't choose the vlogger life bc i would not be able to handle the comments about my own weight, even when i'm working to do something about it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I haven't actually seen the vlog yet, but that thumbnail is definitely aimed at the kiddies. Plus, the "Possible Toy Channel?" Rake in those bucks while you can, while Gaines is still little and cute, and will let you treat her like a performing monkey! He finally got her saying "Welcome to the vlog!"

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Cullen was really hinting at a toy channel. I hope he doesn't do that, but he really seemed to be testing the waters imo.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

Hey, just watch any Cooking with Katiepie and you will soon realize why they are overweight
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

I feel like the toy channel talk may have been a jab at DB. Gaines is far more advanced than Ollie and she could actually do toy unboxings. You know, since she actually has a reaction to the toys she opens...
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I really hope he wasn't serious about a toy channel. I really like this family, but Cullen appears to be almost acting desperate wanting more kids followers. The kinder egg titled video cinched that for me. I hope he realizes integrity is more than #s. I really wish he would drop his friendship/possible idolization of Bryan/DBs. They are so much better than that.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”