Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I'll be the lone standout. AirBNB has done sponsorships with YTers before. I think it would be smart of them to do a sponsorship with Bonnie. It could work out mutually beneficial for both parties. When she said Joel was on the website, I thought she should contact them. It would be a smart and very relevant sponsorship IMO.

It has been mentioned Bonnie and Joel hopefully will remain relatable and it has been commended on they will go the way of other YouTubers with trips, promotions and spending. Spending a couple of months in Hawaii, which is expensive, isn't something most will experience or they are moving in a different direction. My opinion, they would remain the typical American family going on road trips or to a resort or a cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

How do you guys feel though if they pulled Cody and Olivia out of school for a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

As per her latest Instagram it appears she wants to go now. If she takes her kids out of school that's a major eye roll from me. And someone really should teach her the correct form of to, too, and two.
whatashitshow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatashitshow »

I could care less how they spend their $. If they want to go somewhere for 2 months, go for it! I'm not a fan of them going while school is in session. That's just crazy to me to think that is somehow normal...
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

Were they talking about 2 months in the same location or going to various places? I think 2 months in the same place would be boring after so long, but a 2 month road trip would be interesting. A few days to a week for each place, depending on where they went. Vlogging wise I think 2 months in the same place could get boring. They don't seem to be the educational type or an educational trip would be good. And if they vlogged it right, it would create a lot of views. My dad is a history buff and a few years ago when his high school reunion came up, he and my step-mom made a trip out of it. They rented an RV and drove from California to Michigan, stopping at various historic sites and then more on the way back. They were gone for 2 weeks, I think, but they hit a lot of places. My dad had it all mapped out with an itinerary for them set up in a binder. lol

Also, she wants to pull the kids out of school now for 2 months? I don't know about Utah, but here in California you'd probably need a very good excuse for that and a vacation isn't one of them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Just because she's saying she wants to go now doesn't mean that's what they are planning on.

When is their break? I would never take my children out of school for a month, but two weeks I absolutely would.

I don't think a cross country RV trip would be ideal with such little ones. I think Bonnie would have no problem keeping the kids entertained in Hawaii for a month. They can travel around, (even learn to swim!) and play, just like they do at home.
malpal25
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by malpal25 »

I can't really see her actually taking the kids out of school.
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

If they want to do a huge trip like this, I think it would be best if they did it sooner rather than later. It would be cheaper with the kids being young, and I think Lincoln could fly for free until he turns two (if sitting on Bonnie's lap?).

I also hope they do it after the school year is over, but even if they try to take the kids out of school for that long they would most likely wouldn't be able to. When I was in elementary school my mom had a hard time pulling me out to go to Disney World for a week, there would have been no way I would have been able to be away for two months.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I agree that it would be a wonderful opportunity. I don't actually think it's fair that Bonnie always compared to her sister as though she's changed all that much. She is making as almost as much as E&J, and has only really put the money towards house renovations. They have said they plan to stay in their home, and they still seem to be sticking to a budget (though it has obviously expanded). I think it's safe to say they are saving money, looking at investment opportunities (businesses) and have probably paid off their home. They may be making money at the arguable expense of their children, but they do seem to realize it won't last forever and they are making the most of it. I think they aren't spending any more outrageously than I would if I suddenly made $400 K a year. Someone made the comment about them being "money hungry" and I just don't see that. Isn't failing to use their YT money wisely what most vloggers get critiqued for on these boards? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity because neither Bonnie or Joel are working. If he's thinking of starting up a business, then travel will be a lot harder. The kids are young enough right now to really enjoy a family vacation, and to learn and explore the wonderful environment we have to offer here in Hawaii. Of course there is enough to keep them busy for a month! I feel like people are acting like B&J have sold out and all they do is spend money and travel. They aren't DB or E&J, this would be their first big trip with the kids. As much as I think they would enjoy Disneyland, I think an ocean vacation would be a lot more beneficial.

I disagree with the idea of an RV vacation being better for the kids. I think this might be more interesting for the vlogs, but I want to see the family enjoying time together. An RV trip across the country would be more suited to preteen kids that are able to learn and understand the history and differences between the states. I think all the kids will have something to learn in Hawaii. They haven't even seen an ocean before! Kids love animals, and HI certainly has a lot different vegetation and species than UT.

I hope she doesn't pull them out of school, but if she does then it's only because she's able to. We can criticize Bonnie and Joel's grammar and vocabulary all we want, but they are more than capable of handling K, Gr 2 reading/spelling homework, and Joel clearly knows his math and science.

I think it's smart to try and go after sponsorships that you actually genuinely use. I have no problem with the other vloggers that have collabed with Air B&B, I have a problem when they DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE IT. Jared trying to get a free camera is different to me because he and Ellie have been going about it by actually complaining about the company's product in a passive aggressive way in Tweets. That doesn't sit well with me and as a former manager feels like a customer just trying to see what they can get if they complain enough. It rubs me the wrong way.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

I could watch a month of HI vlogs. I think a lot of the reason Daily Bumps are successful is because they live in "sunny southern California." People like me that live in cold climates enjoy watching vlogs from warmer places as a little escape. I loved Bonnie's HI vlogs, and felt bad that she missed her kids and Joel so much. I think it's great that she wants to share that experience with them! I think it would be very adventurous for Joel to take off for a month (abandon his routine) and I hope they actually do it.

People keep saying their vlogs have gotten boring lately, then they go do something that (lets face it) makes absolute sense from both a family and business standpoint and everyone wants to hate on them... IDGI. If I had nothing but time and the opportunity to earn income while taking the trip of a lifetime with my loved ones came up, I would absolutely go too. I find it hard to believe that most people would say no. I actually think this trip makes so much sense for vlog content that I would be surprised if Ellie and Jared aren't jealous for not having come up with the idea first!
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I would LOVE to go to Hawaii for a month. I'd sell a kidney for that opportunity. If they can do it, good for them. Bonnie glowed in Hawaii, I don't blame her for wanting to go back with her family.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

IceCreamCone wrote:I could watch a month of HI vlogs. I think a lot of the reason Daily Bumps are successful is because they live in "sunny southern California." People like me that live in cold climates enjoy watching vlogs from warmer places as a little escape. I loved Bonnie's HI vlogs, and felt bad that she missed her kids and Joel so much. I think it's great that she wants to share that experience with them! I think it would be very adventurous for Joel to take off for a month (abandon his routine) and I hope they actually do it.

People keep saying their vlogs have gotten boring lately, then they go do something that (lets face it) makes absolute sense from both a family and business standpoint and everyone wants to hate on them... IDGI. If I had nothing but time and the opportunity to earn income while taking the trip of a lifetime with my loved ones came up, I would absolutely go too. I find it hard to believe that most people would say no. I actually think this trip makes so much sense for vlog content that I would be surprised if Ellie and Jared aren't jealous for not having come up with the idea first!
They would be the family to come visit them.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Just because she's saying she wants to go now doesn't mean that's what they are planning on.

When is their break? I would never take my children out of school for a month, but two weeks I absolutely would.

I don't think a cross country RV trip would be ideal with such little ones. I think Bonnie would have no problem keeping the kids entertained in Hawaii for a month. They can travel around, (even learn to swim!) and play, just like they do at home.
Have you've been to Hawaii? It's a small island with limited things to do with kids.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:I agree that it would be a wonderful opportunity. I don't actually think it's fair that Bonnie always compared to her sister as though she's changed all that much. She is making as almost as much as E&J, and has only really put the money towards house renovations. They have said they plan to stay in their home, and they still seem to be sticking to a budget (though it has obviously expanded). I think it's safe to say they are saving money, looking at investment opportunities (businesses) and have probably paid off their home. They may be making money at the arguable expense of their children, but they do seem to realize it won't last forever and they are making the most of it. I think they aren't spending any more outrageously than I would if I suddenly made $400 K a year. Someone made the comment about them being "money hungry" and I just don't see that. Isn't failing to use their YT money wisely what most vloggers get critiqued for on these boards? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity because neither Bonnie or Joel are working. If he's thinking of starting up a business, then travel will be a lot harder. The kids are young enough right now to really enjoy a family vacation, and to learn and explore the wonderful environment we have to offer here in Hawaii. Of course there is enough to keep them busy for a month! I feel like people are acting like B&J have sold out and all they do is spend money and travel. They aren't DB or E&J, this would be their first big trip with the kids. As much as I think they would enjoy Disneyland, I think an ocean vacation would be a lot more beneficial.

I disagree with the idea of an RV vacation being better for the kids. I think this might be more interesting for the vlogs, but I want to see the family enjoying time together. An RV trip across the country would be more suited to preteen kids that are able to learn and understand the history and differences between the states. I think all the kids will have something to learn in Hawaii. They haven't even seen an ocean before! Kids love animals, and HI certainly has a lot different vegetation and species than UT.

I hope she doesn't pull them out of school, but if she does then it's only because she's able to. We can criticize Bonnie and Joel's grammar and vocabulary all we want, but they are more than capable of handling K, Gr 2 reading/spelling homework, and Joel clearly knows his math and science.

I think it's smart to try and go after sponsorships that you actually genuinely use. I have no problem with the other vloggers that have collabed with Air B&B, I have a problem when they DON'T ACKNOWLEDGE IT. Jared trying to get a free camera is different to me because he and Ellie have been going about it by actually complaining about the company's product in a passive aggressive way in Tweets. That doesn't sit well with me and as a former manager feels like a customer just trying to see what they can get if they complain enough. It rubs me the wrong way.
Sure it is fair to compare these two sisters who have similar traits, but different too.

I don't see these two home schooling either.

What Bonnie does with companies looking for free products or travel is no different than Jared...it is what it is.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Just because she's saying she wants to go now doesn't mean that's what they are planning on.

Have you've been to Hawaii? It's a small island with limited things to do with kids.

There is tons to do there! Helicopter tours, jungle/mountain hiking, horse riding, movie set tours, surfing/boogyboarding, Aulani, Polynesian Cultural Centre, Paradise Cove luau, Waikiki shopping, the aquarium, zoo or sea life parks, Dole Plantation, Diamond Head, whale watching, snorkelling etc etc. I've been MANY times, and we've stayed at rental properties, basic resorts and luxury ones. This last time we split our time between Turtle Bay and Aulani. There was more than enough to keep us busy for a couple weeks at just the two resorts. If I had a month to spend, I could keep my kids busy no problem. Half the enjoyment of HI though, is calming down and not being on the go all the time. Our best day was just exploring pools and watching turtles by the rocks at Turtle Bay. It was amazing to watch my 9 year old explore and learn that way! I believe it was an enriching experience, and I think all children should have an opportunity to learn like that. I think saying there's nothing to do in HI is like saying there's nothing to do in your own home town. It is what you make of it, and the Hoelleins seem content to just watch their kids play. We've done Disney many times as well, and though I do love it, HI is definitely more of an educational experience that I felt blessed to be able to share with my nature loving son. I would recommend it to anyone!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote: Sure it is fair to compare these two sisters who have similar traits, but different too.

What Bonnie does with companies looking for free products or travel is no different than Jared...it is what it is.

I see the difference. What Jared is doing with the camera is what Bryan did with Delta. He slammed and criticized them publicly to shame them into giving him free tickets. It seems to have worked.

Jared has been complaining about his cameras for awhile now, and then contacts the company wanting a handout. He's even had a few replaced for free already. Why would he want that when he's been complaining so much?
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

tratra58 wrote: Have you've been to Hawaii? It's a small island with limited things to do with kids.

I'm guessing you haven't been to Hawaii then? Theres a reason there are so many places to rent on a nightly/weekly or monthly basis. People head to HI for the winter months all.the.time.

It's kinda a thing. Beach, sand, sun. Kids don't need busy schedules to be happy. If thats the case, then I guess we better stop criticizing E&J and DB for having their kids on the go all the time!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:
tratra58 wrote: Have you've been to Hawaii? It's a small island with limited things to do with kids.

I'm guessing you haven't been to Hawaii then? Theres a reason there are so many places to rent on a nightly/weekly or monthly basis. People head to HI for the winter months all.the.time.

It's kinda a thing. Beach, sand, sun. Kids don't need busy schedules to be happy. If thats the case, then I guess we better stop criticizing E&J and DB for having their kids on the go all the time!
I have (have you?) and it isn't a place I would go with this age group due to the limited things you can do with children their age for this long of time. First, the long flight with a one year and really all their kids ages would be an issue and secondly, some of the things you do like what Bonnie showed on her trip is difficult with a one year old. The ocean is wonderful and I don't disagree the kids would love this, but for this long of period of time, it would not be as entertaining as well as it is difficult to watch kids in the ocean. I think the zoo, Pearl Harbor, Dole Plantation and the Polynesia Village are just a few things you could take your kids which are fun to see. It also is very much a night life place where you go out for nice dinners, but I guess you could find a family place to eat. If I were gone for this length of time, I would want to go to different islands also and logistically I don't know how easy this is with kids since I have never done this.

It is personal preference, but we never went back to the same place in this short of time. We looked for new adventures. For ourselves, we've looked at Hawaii as a couples trip relaxing at the beach and going out for nice meals in the evening. Some of our best trips with children were road trips and they loved seeing all regions of the US.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

tratra58 wrote: Sure it is fair to compare these two sisters who have similar traits, but different too.

But a lot of the time she's being held accountable for the sins of her sister and that's what I was referring to. She hasn't been spending an obscene amount of money. She doesn't fail to acknowledge YT, or act like she'd still have these opportunities without it. In a lot of ways she's very different from Ellie. She also hasn't gone on countless vacations with (or even without) her kids. We haven't seen her go on any. To act like she's selling out by going on a vacation with her kids is just unfair in my opinion. Why wouldn't she?

She's making a lot of money and has a fair number of subs. Compared to the changes we've seen in most other vloggers by this point, Bonnie and Joel have actually changed very little.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

There is tons to do there! Helicopter tours, jungle/mountain hiking, horse riding, movie set tours, surfing/boogyboarding, Aulani, Polynesian Cultural Centre, Paradise Cove luau, Waikiki shopping, the aquarium, zoo or sea life parks, Dole Plantation, Diamond Head, whale watching, snorkelling etc etc. I've been MANY times, and we've stayed at rental properties, basic resorts and luxury ones. This last time we split our time between Turtle Bay and Aulani. There was more than enough to keep us busy for a couple weeks at just the two resorts. If I had a month to spend, I could keep my kids busy no problem. Half the enjoyment of HI though, is calming down and not being on the go all the time. Our best day was just exploring pools and watching turtles by the rocks at Turtle Bay. It was amazing to watch my 9 year old explore and learn that way! I believe it was an enriching experience, and I think all children should have an opportunity to learn like that. I think saying there's nothing to do in HI is like saying there's nothing to do in your own home town. It is what you make of it, and the Hoelleins seem content to just watch their kids play. We've done Disney many times as well, and though I do love it, HI is definitely more of an educational experience that I felt blessed to be able to share with my nature loving son. I would recommend it to anyone!
You are talking about taking their one year old or leaving him home to do all these activities. You are braver than myself if you took a one year old horseback riding, helicopter tours, surfing etc...I think I have a different idea of traveling with young children (toddlers/preschoolers) so I will leave it at that.

I would take the backroads of the US to Hawaii to learn culture and other aspects of the US, so I think this comes down to personal preference. I think at times we were too much on the go. I image you had a great time in Hawaii!

It also isn't my decision where they go so happy trails to the Hoelleins:)

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”