Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I agree that the detox scam opened the door for comments about their weight and diets. They can be healthier. I don't think anyone expects them to be perfect. Personally, I think Katie looks better with some weight. They're choosing not to exercise. They're choosing not to eat right. The other day Katie took the time to boil green beans with bacon for Brooks. MG had green beans and frozen pancakes while they had frozen pizza. It wouldn't haven't taken anymore effort to grill a lean protein and maybe roast a few potatoes?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:They're the ones who put their lives out there, and hell, they're the ones who ran an entire month long scam devoted to being healthy and eating right. They felt soooo good on their detox, and if you gave them a few hundred dollars, you could feel good too. As soon as the month was over, the checks were cashed, and the money making opportunity had passed they went right back to stuffing their faces with shit, never to mention being healthy again.

So yeah, I think we've got every right to criticize their diets and weight. They could be healthy if they really wanted to, but without the motivation of a big check, they don't seem to care to.
I agree with this and the reason I think folk feel it's fair game to call C&K out on their eating habits, lack of exercise and the visual result (as far as we know) of both is because people don't like hypocrisy, as in --> The detox scam turned out to be disingenuous in more ways than one and people are especially harsh on vloggers for specifically things of this nature. Not the detox thing itself per se, but what it portrays or highlights in the characters of the vloggers themselves.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I agree their weight is just as fair game to discuss/critique as any other Vlogger. That said, everyone likes to bring up the "scam" on this board, but rarely talk about the similar MLM endorsements from other vloggers. Why is the weight loss one considered worse than selling essential oils or expensive face creams? I can't wonder if the weight loss one doesn't come up more often because there isn't as much to side-eye from C&K other than this one scam.

Edited to add: I don't actually view this as a scam. They did use the product and I believe just fell back into old habits as many of us do. I think the word "scam" should apply more to actions like DB failing to give money to the horse ranch or E&J failing to donate tshirt proceeds to a sick aunt (and never mentioning it again). People did receive the product K&C were selling.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

It's referred to as a scam and is worse then other MLMs because they flat out said they were not selling and were not making any money off the sales. Yet come to find out they were.
907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

Lovethesnark wrote:Lol.. I didn't realize the southern diet was so much more different than the rest of the country. Do people think that southerners cook the crap they see on Food Network for every meal? As a southerner, I've only ever seen those extra calorie rich meals on special occasions or maybe a Sunday dinner. C&K's meals aren't what I typically call southern cooking. Besides not all southern cooking is drowned in fat and extra calories. The real key to southern cooking is proper seasoning. C&K like eating crap. I remember seeing them buy Pasta Roni once and being amazed that real people actually ate that stuff. They've both gained a considerable amount of weight over the years. I realize that Katie just had a baby, but I don't think the majority of her extra weight is baby weight. She complains that nursing makes her gain weight. I'm sure that it does make her hungry, but I wonder if she wouldn't put on as much weight if they weren't eating a ton of empty calories? You guys ever notice how much candy they keep around?

I think Cullen is fortunate that he can carry a bit more weight before it really shows. Plus his facial hair makes him look thinner. Everyone loves to pick at Bryan's weight, but I'd bet good money that Cullen is heavier than him. I'm pretty sure they'd wear the same sized bra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just catching up on this tread.

*personal*
I will have to say, I eat fairly healthy. I'm southern, but I'm stuck in Alaska. I can sympathize with nursing and gaining weight. I'm still nursing my 19 month old. When I got pregnant with him I was 102, at my final weigh in( the day he was born) I was 128.
I lost most of the weight and got down to 108. I have the same diet, no changes. 3 meals and 2 snacks spread out. Tons of water. A treat here and there. We are fairly active. I have a 4 yo son and a 19month old. Husband and son hunt, we all go fishing and hiking. Nothing changed and then bam, every single pound came back and I can not for the life of me get it bCk off.
I've done a ton of research and apparently if you're on any fertility drugs to help get pregnant or stay pregnant. It is VERY hard to lose weight and keep it off until you stop nursing. I had to use progesterone to keep my pregnancy with my second son.
That all being said, I'm sure their food choices aren't helping, but I do believe a lot of t has to do with nursing and fertility medicine.
What I wouldn't do for a chicken sandwich from chick fil a right now. ImageImageImage
I'll go back to minding my own business now lol.

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:It's referred to as a scam and is worse then other MLMs because they flat out said they were not selling and were not making any money off the sales. Yet come to find out they were.
Missy said she wasn't selling the oils and that it was a "friend." It was her and the friend.

Ellie has said the R&F isn't a sponsorship. 100% she's getting free product if she's not actually getting paid to endorse the product. If she isn't using those expensive products a month from now, then how is it any different from what C&K did?
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Their Valentine's heart idea sounds pretty sweet. And it's cute that they'll be doing it for Brooks too. I'm sure Daily Bumps would just say "Finn wouldn't understand, he's just a baby!"
nifer77
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by nifer77 »

CallieT wrote:Their Valentine's heart idea sounds pretty sweet. And it's cute that they'll be doing it for Brooks too. I'm sure Daily Bumps would just say "Finn wouldn't understand, he's just a baby!"
I like that idea too! Sure, Brooks won't understand what's going on, but I'm sure Gaines would say something "where is baby Brooks valentines?" LOL
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Anyone else put off by Cullen's tweets about Brooks' bottle? I know it was suppose to be a joke, but I don't understand what could ever be funny about overheating baby's bottle.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

Lovethesnark wrote:Anyone else put off by Cullen's tweets about Brooks' bottle? I know it was suppose to be a joke, but I don't understand what could ever be funny about overheating baby's bottle.

Meh that's the type of jokes my dad and I play our my mom when she's away. I took it as a joke.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

nifer77 wrote:
CallieT wrote:Their Valentine's heart idea sounds pretty sweet. And it's cute that they'll be doing it for Brooks too. I'm sure Daily Bumps would just say "Finn wouldn't understand, he's just a baby!"
I like that idea too! Sure, Brooks won't understand what's going on, but I'm sure Gaines would say something "where is baby Brooks valentines?" LOL
Gaines would surely stick up for her baby brother. I think that is wonderful too. I admire Katie and Cullen for standing up and creating their own family traditions as well as keeping certain traditions their parents passed down. I think this heart one is a great idea too. Has anyone else noticed how thoughtful and caring MG is growing up to be?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
nifer77 wrote:
Gaines would surely stick up for her baby brother. I think that is wonderful too. I admire Katie and Cullen for standing up and creating their own family traditions as well as keeping certain traditions their parents passed down. I think this heart one is a great idea too. Has anyone else noticed how thoughtful and caring MG is growing up to be?
I loved how katie said that Brooks couldnt read them or understand but that they could read them to Gaines anyway. B&M could care less.. Gaines is such a sweet and caring soul, and her parents are doing a great job nurturing that part of her personality,
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:Anyone else put off by Cullen's tweets about Brooks' bottle? I know it was suppose to be a joke, but I don't understand what could ever be funny about overheating baby's bottle.

It's like his jokes that he doesn't feed the cats all week. I don't especially enjoy his sense of humor, but it doesn't really bother me anymore. It's like he's just trying to troll people. I think he thinks he's being dry and sarcastic, but it's really more immature. But that's Cullen. I haven't read the responses. Did people freak out?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:

It's like his jokes that he doesn't feed the cats all week. I don't especially enjoy his sense of humor, but it doesn't really bother me anymore. It's like he's just trying to troll people. I think he thinks he's being dry and sarcastic, but it's really more immature. But that's Cullen. I haven't read the responses. Did people freak out?

Not many freak outs, but there was a few. Mainly people telling him he should nuke it for at least 8-10 mins to make sure the germs were all killed and maybe throw in a dash or two of vodka to help him sleep. :lol: I think most people get his jokes now.
malpal25
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by malpal25 »

I love the little things they do with Gaines and Brooks. The valentines were so cute and it really shows how much they love and care for their children.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:

I get that he likes to joke, but there are tons of unfunny things to joke about. Can we leave harming the baby out of the mix?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

I get that he likes to joke, but there are tons of unfunny things to joke about. Can we leave harming the baby out of the mix?
And he mentioned it again in the vlog. He doesn't know when to let go. That's one of the things that he does that makes me twitch. He drives jokes into the ground. He'll repeat them for a couple of days, like "Get it? Did you get my joke?"

Amyh01
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Amyh01 »

I get that he likes to joke, but there are tons of unfunny things to joke about. Can we leave harming the baby out of the mix?[/quote]
And he mentioned it again in the vlog. He doesn't know when to let go. That's one of the things that he does that makes me twitch. He drives jokes into the ground. He'll repeat them for a couple of days, like "Get it? Did you get my joke?"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sorry, just chiming in here but he tweeted that yesterday and the vlog was filmed yesterday so perhaps the timeline of him saying the joke and tweeting it are very close together? Idk just basic logic here
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Amyh01 wrote:I get that he likes to joke, but there are tons of unfunny things to joke about. Can we leave harming the baby out of the mix?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sorry, just chiming in here but he tweeted that yesterday and the vlog was filmed yesterday so perhaps the timeline of him saying the joke and tweeting it are very close together? Idk just basic logic here[/quote]

Logic isn't allowed. It ruins all the fun ;)

I think Cullen is funny. If making jokes in poor taste is one of the worst things about him, then I think he's doing ok as a dad. How many YT dads legitimately wouldn't know to not heat a bottle in the microwave? Or really wouldn't think to feed the cat?
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

This may have been already mentioned but I hate how they film Gaines in her underwear? I mean I know she is in a big t-shirt and it's to help with her being fully potty training but I don't know it just rubs me the wrong way to see that in any vlogs.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”