• Advertisement

Samika? Part 1

Re: Samika? Part 1

Postby larissaledingham » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:52 pm

tgo93 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I like their honesty too. They could do daily sponsored ads and I'd be okay with it. Sam seemed genuinely excited to work with Pace too. It would be cool to see them get a long term campaign like Gabe and Chad have with Walmart. I'm pretty sure those ads have paid for their house already. It would be nice if Sam and Jenn could catch that type of break.

There was someone in the comments asking them to speak out about David's tweets in support of Trump's Muslim ban and the wall. David had tweeted and retweeted some really ignorant things. I can't say that I'm shocked, but it's disappointing. I hope it doesn't cause any problems for Sam and Jenn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's Jenns brother right? Don't they have Latino heritage?

I think her dad's family is Argentinian, not 100% sure. It was mentioned in a vlog not that long ago (I think the thumbnail was of Jenn and her gran)

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
larissaledingham
Informer

Advertisement

Postby larissaledingham » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:54 pm

larissaledingham wrote:
tgo93 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:I like their honesty too. They could do daily sponsored ads and I'd be okay with it. Sam seemed genuinely excited to work with Pace too. It would be cool to see them get a long term campaign like Gabe and Chad have with Walmart. I'm pretty sure those ads have paid for their house already. It would be nice if Sam and Jenn could catch that type of break.

There was someone in the comments asking them to speak out about David's tweets in support of Trump's Muslim ban and the wall. David had tweeted and retweeted some really ignorant things. I can't say that I'm shocked, but it's disappointing. I hope it doesn't cause any problems for Sam and Jenn.

I think her dad's family is Argentinian, not 100% sure. It was mentioned in a vlog not that long ago (I think the thumbnail was of Jenn and her gran)

Vlog was called my family immigrated here. Posted around thanksgiving

larissaledingham
Informer

Postby Lovethesnark » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:17 am

tgo93 wrote:

This was mentioned to him, but that doesn't matter to him because Argentina has nothing to do with the wall.
Lovethesnark
True Gossiper

Postby tgo93 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Lovethesnark wrote:
tgo93 wrote:

This was mentioned to him, but that doesn't matter to him because Argentina has nothing to do with the wall.

I guess but personally I would have issues with anything related to such harshness around immigration when my family came to a country as immigrants. Then again I don't live in the U.S. and think the whole situation there is pretty atrocious so
tgo93
Talker

Postby snowbaby95 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Lovethesnark wrote:
tgo93 wrote:

Well actually his tweets were in support of the Muslim ban also, which affects legal immigrants. So you would think a guy who is in this country because his family immigrated here would be maybe a little more empathetic towards immigrants.
snowbaby95
Talker

Postby ferriswheel » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:26 am

A good chunk of Americans are here because their families immigrated here.

Kudos to Sam for giving a diplomatic response when asked about those tweets.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ferriswheel
True Gossiper

Postby Lovethesnark » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:58 am

snowbaby95 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
tgo93 wrote:[quote="Lovethesnark"]I like their honesty too. They could do daily sponsored ads and I'd be okay with it. Sam seemed genuinely excited to work with Pace too. It would be cool to see them get a long term campaign like Gabe and Chad have with Walmart. I'm pretty sure those ads have paid for their house already. It would be nice if Sam and Jenn could catch that type of break.

Well actually his tweets were in support of the Muslim ban also, which affects legal immigrants. So you would think a guy who is in this country because his family immigrated here would be maybe a little more empathetic towards immigrants.[/quote]

I don't think David is smart enough to actually have a grasp on what's really happening.
Lovethesnark
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:57 am

ferriswheel wrote:A good chunk of Americans are here because their families immigrated here.

YES!! Even Native Americans came from elsewhere. Everyone that lives in the USA comes from an immigrant family.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby littlebaby » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:25 am

Oh man so I haven't been following any vloggers consistently over the past 5ish months, just skimming through videos once or twice a month. I just watched their video today and am LOVING how much Noah has grown! I've always loved their little family and Penelope is ADORABLE. Seeing them now makes my heart so happy! Hearing Noah talk more now makes me more interested in their videos. He's a cutie. And Jenn is of course just a radiant mom all the time. I'm gonna watch a bunch more videos now!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby snowbaby95 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:26 am

lmmomSD wrote:
ferriswheel wrote:A good chunk of Americans are here because their families immigrated here.

YES!! Even Native Americans came from elsewhere. Everyone that lives in the USA comes from an immigrant family.

True, but he's a second generation American so he's a lot closer in terms of when the immigration occurred. None of us America are indigenous besides Native Americans but like you said even they migrated to North America via the bering land bridge 15,000 years ago.

But anyway, I was just saying he's more directly related to his family who migrated here.
snowbaby95
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:45 am

snowbaby95 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

True, but he's a second generation American so he's a lot closer in terms of when the immigration occurred. None of us America are indigenous besides Native Americans but like you said even they migrated to North America via the bering land bridge 15,000 years ago.

But anyway, I was just saying he's more directly related to his family who migrated here.

Which makes his remarks especially obtuse.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby snowbaby95 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:08 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Which makes his remarks especially obtuse.

Definitely! But I think David & Jen's dad is republican so it makes sense that he holds these kinds of sentiments. Still sad nonetheless
snowbaby95
Talker

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:33 pm

snowbaby95 wrote:

Definitely! But I think David & Jen's dad is republican so it makes sense that he holds these kinds of sentiments. Still sad nonetheless

A Mormon who isn't a Republican is a very RARE thing! :lol: :lol:
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby snowbaby95 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:51 pm

ewokfan11 wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:

I know! David isn't really Mormon and lives his life much more "liberally" than Mormons. I was just saying he probably got his political ideas from his very conservative father
snowbaby95
Talker

Postby tgo93 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:54 pm

snowbaby95 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:Which makes his remarks especially obtuse.

I know! David isn't really Mormon and lives his life much more "liberally" than Mormons. I was just saying he probably got his political ideas from his very conservative father[/quote]

It is interesting because while obviously Samika aren't as blatantly open about their political views, they do seem like they'd lean more towards the liberal side of things. I guess it is impossible to actually know but I would be very surprised if they supported Trump even if they are Republican
tgo93
Talker

Postby Lovethesnark » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Above all else, I think Sam and Jenn believe people should be treated well and with respect. I imagine that extends to politics. I don't think they could support Donald Trump.

Lovethesnark
True Gossiper

Postby angelfire89 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:35 pm

There's probably a good chance they voted for that third party candidate same as a very large number of mormons in Utah.
angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby Nini12 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:19 pm

Youtubers usually don't talk about their political views or are very vague, I think it was Samika that after the elections they talked about if people were nice to each other everything would be better. I guessed that probably they voted for the same guy that E&J did.

About David, I think he has always had a bad attitude thinking that everyone is letting him down but he's the one that makes them want to distance themselves from him.
Being an Argentinian myself I always found it weird how unclear how Jennika's grandma immigrated to the US, some facts just don't add up and I think it's just because they don't give it too much attention and Jen can't understand a lot of what her grandma is saying.

I went and checked that video that someone here talked about and Jen's dad was 2 years old when they moved.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
Nini12
Informer

Postby rdt1004 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 pm

Nini12 wrote:Youtubers usually don't talk about their political views or are very vague, I think it was Samika that after the elections they talked about if people were nice to each other everything would be better. I guessed that probably they voted for the same guy that E&J did.

About David, I think he has always had a bad attitude thinking that everyone is letting him down but he's the one that makes them want to distance themselves from him.
Being an Argentinian myself I always found it weird how unclear how Jennika's grandma immigrated to the US, some facts just don't add up and I think it's just because they don't give it too much attention and Jen can't understand a lot of what her grandma is saying.

I went and checked that video that someone here talked about and Jen's dad was 2 years old when they moved.

I think they moved because their family had been converted to Mormonism by some missionaries. Not sure why that would cause you to immigrate, but I remember her saying that once I think.

rdt1004
True Gossiper

Postby bam » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 pm

Nini12 wrote:Youtubers usually don't talk about their political views or are very vague, I think it was Samika that after the elections they talked about if people were nice to each other everything would be better. I guessed that probably they voted for the same guy that E&J did.

omg yes! i've been thinking the same thing about david ever since people commented about his tweets but i didn't know how to express it :lol:
bam
Talker

Postby AutumnLeaves3 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 am

littlebaby wrote:Oh man so I haven't been following any vloggers consistently over the past 5ish months, just skimming through videos once or twice a month. I just watched their video today and am LOVING how much Noah has grown! I've always loved their little family and Penelope is ADORABLE. Seeing them now makes my heart so happy! Hearing Noah talk more now makes me more interested in their videos. He's a cutie. And Jenn is of course just a radiant mom all the time. I'm gonna watch a bunch more videos now!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Same here, I don't have time to watch all the vloggers I like but I watched a Samika one recently and I should keep up with them more. Penelope is so cute, and I know genetics are just what they are but I think it's fascinating how different she and Noah are with their hair and coloring. but both are adorable :)
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:35 am

I hadn't really sat down to watch a Samika vlog in a while. But OMG, Noah is growing up so fast! He's starting to look like a little boy now, not a toddler!

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby angelfire89 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:20 pm

I'd be very interested to see how big he is next to Ollie (who BM say is very small) or Jackson (his parents are small so I assume he is.) Jenn and Sam are pretty tall people and they've commented that Noah is a size or two bigger than other kids his age. Penelope is shaping up to be pretty tall and skinny as well.
angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:03 pm

When they were at CVX live, he and Jackson were hugging and were about the same size. But that was a while ago. They were at the party at Ellie and Jared's that DB went to. There might be clips of the kids together. I would have to 're-watch.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:54 pm

I was watching the vlog of them at the Superbowl party, and Noah was sitting there eating mini peppers. There was all this junk there, and he was chowing down on veggies. So awesome!

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Q-Z