OkBaby: Part 8

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Children Levi's age are just beginning to grasp the idea or right from wrong. A stern no, and redirection is acceptable. Time outs and flicking him on the head are totally unacceptable. Children are only able to sit still for about a minute per their age. He is NOT old enough to understand time outs, at all. Oscar needs to look into how to discipline a child, because if he thinks hitting Levi's head or hand is going to teach him anything, he is 100% wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

I work in early childhood and my age of choice is 12-20 months so I have many, many years experience with toddlers and I am a Mum myself.

The most important thing I have learnt is how DIFFERENT each and every child is. Some parents have very quiet and compliant toddlers and seem shocked that others can't "control" their children like they can. But in reality some toddlers are wild little spirits and it is literally impossible to place strict expectations on them and force them into structured situations that take away their sense of control. They are a STRONG force to be reckoned with lol.

In terms of "discipline" a firm no and explanation is always necessary but it's also important to know that for many children that will mean absolutely nothing until they have the cognitive reasoning skills and maturity to process it. Redirection and changing to routine and environment to meet the needs of the child are the only actual reliable ways to change behaviour in a very young, strong willed toddler.

A good example for Levi is little gym, I think it is awesome they take him but as I watch all I see is tantrums and disengagement. There is no reason a 12 month old NEEDS to learn to immediately release a toy he is deeply in love with at a moment's notice and he doesn't appear to like the structured nature of the class and he just wants to roam around doing his own thing. As a parent you could fight these behaviours every week and go home frustrated that your child just won't behave how the other toddlers do, feeling like you must be doing something wrong... or just accept he is extremely young and independent and its not a good fit for now. Try again in six months, maturity and growth are amazing things in little kids. Problem solved with no futile attempts at discipline by just meeting him where he is at cognitively and emotionally.

That was so long. Sorry I kind of love my job lol
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Yes to everything you said ^
I have a certificate in early childhood development as well, and I am absolutely shocked at how they discipline Levi. I've never noticed it before this vlog, but it is disgusting. I hate when they say Levi is acting out because he's tired, no, he's bored and frustrated. When he was bumping into Kyras face he wasn't doing it to be bad, he was trying to tell her he is either over stimulated, or what I believe is under stimulated. They have no toys for him that really hold his attention.
He would do so well with some wooden blocks for example. Get that kid some toys that mean something.

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

You guys!!! Kyra sucked her minions on me for this. You don't even wanna see my mentions right now lmao
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

dnbunny wrote:You guys!!! Kyra sucked her minions on me for this. You don't even wanna see my mentions right now lmao
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Just want to say I love your twitter handle!
And Kyra is a childish twat. They can't upload videos on time with one kid. Just wait till they have two. They will probably get two weeks behind again.

nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

Kyra should take in consideration the mistakes people are pointing out and stfu. Being a mom is no something you should be proud of when you don't have your sh*tty life together. Flicking his head and hearing the noise I wanted to jump through the screen and kick his balls. Complete failure as a family. Congrats

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

dnbunny wrote:You guys!!! Kyra sucked her minions on me for this. You don't even wanna see my mentions right now lmao
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Just saw this. And even when you settled it she still went on about this "kill em' with kindness" b.s. Drawing more attention to it. LOL That's not kindness, Kyra. That's a total mean girl tactic.

If only she could be so vocal and vicious with her man that treats her less than she deserves. I just feel so sorry for this girl.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

lonelysoul wrote:
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Just saw this. And even when you settled it she still went on about this "kill em' with kindness" b.s. Drawing more attention to it. LOL That's not kindness, Kyra. That's a total mean girl tactic.

If only she could be so vocal and vicious with her man that treats her less than she deserves. I just feel so sorry for this girl.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Right?! Like I'm sorry I don't agree with your message. She acts as if EVERY girl in her situation will have a positive outcome when in fact, statistics say the opposite. I was simply pointing out that she has a young and impressionable audience and she should be careful of her wording. Instead of saying "I'm a drop out, had a baby at 18 with a guy I barely knew... look how great I turned out!" she could instead say "things could've been very different for me..." and use her platform to spread awareness. So many girls on twitter are literally quoting those tweets saying "GOALS" or "I can't wait to be like you" that's what's scary and what compelled me to say something in the first place.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Yeah the bug budies are calling me disgusting and immature for stating that flicking a baby on the head to get him to stop doing something is beyond disgusting and immature. They are DEFENDING oscar saying that oscar should do this bc it got levi to stop headbutting...WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?!
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

What video was the flicking in? Pregnant and nesting?

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Wow. I'm speechless. Whoever said kyra was proud of being trashy was sooo right. Who says things like that? Kyra is that train wreck girl you knew in high school and you are friends with on Facebook and the only reason you don't unfriend her is because the stupid shit she says is extremely entertaining every once in a while. She's like Britney Spears when she was dating Kevin Federline, walking barefooot into gas stations and smelling like cheetos. No wonder that's her idol. You can have all the YouTube money in the world but you can't buy yourself some class.
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

I took it to mean that being 18, pregnant, not in school and living at home was a BAD situation and she is proud that they are happy now and in a much better situation.

They have nearly one million subscribers, other vloggers on that level are living in mansions throwing cash around like confetti.

I didn't take it to mean "I am proud of being a drop out teen mum" but more "I am proud that I made the best out of the situation". If teenagers can't see they aren't guaranteed to become internet celebrities if they get pregnant on purpose that's not really her problem lol, it's kind of common sense
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't think that's what she meant. She was talking about parenting and how she got a lot of shit for being pregnant so young with a guy she barely knew. She didn't mention how much she improved or anything like that
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Unknowngirly wrote:I don't think that's what she meant. She was talking about parenting and how she got a lot of shit for being pregnant so young with a guy she barely knew. She didn't mention how much she improved or anything like that
I messaged her and she clarified. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... fbec58.jpg[/img]

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

annapaulndaniel wrote:I took it to mean that being 18, pregnant, not in school and living at home was a BAD situation and she is proud that they are happy now and in a much better situation.

They have nearly one million subscribers, other vloggers on that level are living in mansions throwing cash around like confetti.

I didn't take it to mean "I am proud of being a drop out teen mum" but more "I am proud that I made the best out of the situation". If teenagers can't see they aren't guaranteed to become internet celebrities if they get pregnant on purpose that's not really her problem lol, it's kind of common sense
Sorry. But she IS responsible for the message she puts out to her viewers. She has not once addressed the 14 year olds saying they want to be "just like her"

I do feel that youtubers have a responsibility to set an example. If you have THAT large of a following, you should definitely address those issues.

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

What did she say? Sorry I can't see messages from tapatalk. But kyra has been known to bullshit her way through things when she gets called out too.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think all youtubers are or should be role models. Some of them are just trying to broadcast their lives and they don't care about setting an example. And really no one should be responsible for someone else's child. I feel like okbaby use to be like this. But once they started censoring themselves (not using curse words or even the word vagina), adding "entertaining" footage, and openly saying that they are not endorsing teen parenthood then yes they become role models for these 12 year old kids. You can be a family channel and still talk about real issues like relationships, marriage, sex, and daily struggles but they choose to add fake tv moments because it's easier to attract young viewers.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Kyra confuses me SO much. She sits there filming levi eating dirty snow off the ground and comments that it's gross and that there was poop near it but doesnt tell him no, doesnt teach him not to do it, doesnt stop him. What tf is wrong with them?! i dont know any parent who would do that...
alexandramarie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandramarie »

nugget12 wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:I'm glad Kyra is finally getting prepared for mini bug. Better late than never.
I also think it's weird Keren and Khoa accepted so much stuff from viewers when out of anyone they need the least amount of help? Selfish. I know she said they just "found" her registry, but clearly she wanted it to be found...

Can someone tell me if it's normal to have a baby shower with the second child? Let alone ask for gifts? I think it's tacky.. sorry to anyone who has had more than one shower. Kyra didn't even have one for mini bug! And she's a different gender!

It is NOT normal at all most people only have one baby shower. Unless it is a situation were you have like a large gap between your kids like 7-10 years or something and no kids in-between. But, the normal were people only have like a few year gap 1-4 years or something, no you don't have baby shower again. Some people have a baby sprinkle with their second, were it's more just a chance to meet the baby or wish the new parents well more just a casual get together. There is no registry for a baby sprinkle, because you already have everything! Honestly I find Keren and Khoa, greedy, tacky, selfish,self-entitled and ignorant. They really showed their true colors with this pregnancy.
Where I'm from (South Africa) its is very very normal to have a baby shower with all of your kids no matter the age gap. It's a good way for ones friends to congratulate them and/or the baby by giving them a little something, and it's a nice celebration/way of preparing. But usually presents aren't that extravagant it's mainly just cute clothes and/or any holy grail product they might have used as a mother that they think will benefit the person. I don't think I have ever been to a baby shower when someone has brought a stroller or any fancy baby equipment a long those lines because that's what parents buy (and I have been to a lot of showers my parents have young friends) but yes the first baby shower is usually a lot bigger and with the second a lot of people know that the person probably has a lot already from the previous child so they know not to buy certain things. But it's nice to spoil a kid, people don't go to baby showers thinking "I'm not going to buy anything that kid has an older sibling he/she can wear hand-me-downs" and especially for a mother you want to spoil your kid. I understand there are things that are definitely reusable but I guess for a second child one might want to try out different things and different products :) what is a registry by the way?

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

alexandramarie wrote:
nugget12 wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:I'm glad Kyra is finally getting prepared for mini bug. Better late than never.
I also think it's weird Keren and Khoa accepted so much stuff from viewers when out of anyone they need the least amount of help? Selfish. I know she said they just "found" her registry, but clearly she wanted it to be found...

Can someone tell me if it's normal to have a baby shower with the second child? Let alone ask for gifts? I think it's tacky.. sorry to anyone who has had more than one shower. Kyra didn't even have one for mini bug! And she's a different gender!

It is NOT normal at all most people only have one baby shower. Unless it is a situation were you have like a large gap between your kids like 7-10 years or something and no kids in-between. But, the normal were people only have like a few year gap 1-4 years or something, no you don't have baby shower again. Some people have a baby sprinkle with their second, were it's more just a chance to meet the baby or wish the new parents well more just a casual get together. There is no registry for a baby sprinkle, because you already have everything! Honestly I find Keren and Khoa, greedy, tacky, selfish,self-entitled and ignorant. They really showed their true colors with this pregnancy.
Where I'm from (South Africa) its is very very normal to have a baby shower with all of your kids no matter the age gap. It's a good way for ones friends to congratulate them and/or the baby by giving them a little something, and it's a nice celebration/way of preparing. But usually presents aren't that extravagant it's mainly just cute clothes and/or any holy grail product they might have used as a mother that they think will benefit the person. I don't think I have ever been to a baby shower when someone has brought a stroller or any fancy baby equipment a long those lines because that's what parents buy (and I have been to a lot of showers my parents have young friends) but yes the first baby shower is usually a lot bigger and with the second a lot of people know that the person probably has a lot already from the previous child so they know not to buy certain things. But it's nice to spoil a kid, people don't go to baby showers thinking "I'm not going to buy anything that kid has an older sibling he/she can wear hand-me-downs" and especially for a mother you want to spoil your kid. I understand there are things that are definitely reusable but I guess for a second child one might want to try out different things and different products :) what is a registry by the way?

A registry is where you go into a store (babies r us for example) and you make a list of all the items that you want and then anyone in your family can go into the store and buy you a gift off that list Image

Return to “OKBaby”