JesssFam: Just the Right Mix of Boobies & Booze (Part 84)

teenyzucchini
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Just the Right Mix of Boobies & Booze (Part 84

Unread post by teenyzucchini »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
That's all fine, but then why not just wait to share on social media? When there are thousands of people invested in your life I just think it's odd to throw that out there and leave everyone confused and worried for you.
Because maybe she thinks and feels like she needs prayers. When you're waiting to find out if everything is okay with your baby, it makes a difference (if you believe in that stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Annavi04
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Annavi04 »

literallywhat wrote:It's alarming that they're doing an EKG. That means they're looking at her heart and I don't really see how that could be related to her struggling to breath from a cold. Plus she's not on oxygen either. I'm not a doctor but this seems more serious than a cold.
Yeah, I am really worried about her.. I dont think its a cold, fever or infection.. :/ I wonder what happened :(
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

That's not an ekg... it's a regular heart monitor for watching continuously. Sometimes when babies run fevers, their heart rate gets very high. This could still be RSV/fever related, they'd need to keep an eye on her heart rate. As long as she is maintaining her oxygen sats on her own, they wouldn't have a cannula on her. I wonder if she caught the same bug Jess has had (102 is pretty high for an adult fever) and may have had a febrile seizure. My gut instinct is that it has nothing to do with bad cosleeping, since her last snap was of Landen saying "good morning sissy." I hope Addie gets to go home soon. :(
snarkyblonde
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snarkyblonde »

They are super cautious of babies getting sick and could be doing the heart monitor as a precaution. My little man just got over his first bad cold (turned into croup) and they explained to me that if he had gotten a high fever before 3 months of age, he automatically would have been admitted to the NICU because they want to be careful. I have to admit, as a mom of a 5 month old, I teared up when I saw her post. I have very little respect for Jess, but no innocent baby deserves to be sick or hurting. Prayers for her and for Jess to take this as a wakeup call to be more careful. Even if it is "just a cold", at every doctor's appointment, my pedi drills into me how important it is to be hypervigilant. He said this is a really hard time of year to have an infant, because their immune systems are so sensitive to all the winter bugs going around. All her kids should be in the habit of washing their hands before touching Addie, and keeping a clean house to protect ALL of them.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

Omg has she updated yet??

I see Janell posted a candid shot on snap 2 hours ago so I don't think it's life threatening because she wouldn't be posting like that if her best friends baby was deathly ill.
Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mamafirst »

I could be way off base here, but I'm thinking it was maybe something related to not breathing due to a cold and wasn't AS serious. Not to downplay anything though!
I just found it odd that Janell posted a snap of Addie saying she loves her and then after than posts a shot of her and Alyna eating dinner with the caption "panda date". I think if something crazy serious happened Janell would either be at the hospital with Jess and Chris or at Jess' house to help out with the kids.
For some reason the whole dinner snap just seemed odd to post. Maybe it's just me, but if my best friends baby was in a dire situation, I wouldn't be out to dinner with my kid AND post about it.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Maybe addie overheated from all the blankets on Jesss bed..

Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

MommaMia3 wrote:
Klkbug12 wrote:Jess is an amazing mother. Most mothers who breastfeed would honestly admit to similar sleeping habits. She is tired and sick. Give the girl a break for not seeing an incident earlier in the week. Let's just pray for their family and send them good prayers. They are clearly doing their best. Anyone who argues that is clearly mistaken. Clearly, Addie is okay. She is takin care of her baby. Lets let her do that and be on her side.
I'm sorry but no. I breastfeed and bed-shared with all 3 of my kids. Jess is the kind of mother that gives bed-sharing a bad rap. Most people who choose to bed-share know that it has to be done safely and make sure to do so. Jess can even put Addie to sleep in the crib without stuffing it full of blankets. Being sick is no excuse for endangering your child

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Agree! I co-slept with my first baby and was adamant about taking all safety precautions about it seriously. Two babies in our town died of SIDS the same year he was born. I swear some people act like it's just a myth. SIDS is real.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

teenyzucchini wrote:
GetYouTubesTied wrote:
I hope your baby girl is okay now. <3
She is, by some miracle! She's 9 months old and thriving at home! Thank you. [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Thank God.
Like others, I get the sense that whatever's happening with Addie is at least somewhat serious. If the baby did have a seizure, what would the implications be? I had one grand mal seizure a few years back, as a college student, but am asking specifically about the implications for an infant like Addie. Like, could an infant seizure ever be fatal? Have lasting effects (eg brain damage)? Would it imply the possibility of epilepsy? Or be a symptom of another illness? And what are the chances of it being a one-off occurrence?

I'm also wondering what ELSE could have happened that would require an ekg. Calling all you posters who are nurses...

PS, I agree with yogabbagabba that it's slightly shitty that Jess has time to post something that she knows will be incredibly alarming to thousands of people and doesn't care to leave 3 words of explanation, even "they are running tests" or "we are waiting for her to be in stable condition" ....Anything at all. (And that's giving Jess the benefit of the doubt and assuming the worst - that Addie is still in an urgent/emergency condition. But if the baby is at least stable, then there is absolutely NO excuse for Jess to withhold that information when she is already freaking posting about it! Remember, this is the woman who was forcing her husband to pose for snapchat filters with her the day after her father-in-law had passed away. "Considerate" is not exactly her middle name.)
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Maybe it was a febrile seizure? Jess has been sick. Maybe Addie caught the bug and spiked a fever. This happened to my son as an infant, only happened once, and he was just fine once the fever came down.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Whoever said they hope Addie dies is sick in the head and needs help.
Jess does questionable things, but that doesn't mean she deserves for people to wish death on her baby.
I hope it's not terribly serious and it turns out to be okay.
I'm going to be really irritated if it was just something small and she's playing it up though..
All the best to them either way

Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

Also, I can see the attention seeking aspect of Jess' post. I feel like if she had the time to post a caption, she could take an extra 20 seconds to add a small detail about what happened.
It's one thing to say, "Scariest day ever, Addie was found unresponsive in her crib, or Addie had a seizure, we'll know more soon- send prayers" and "Scariest day of my life, send prayers, will update later". To me it was just a post to keep everyone on edge just like she did when she had Addie. She didn't get specific at all about what complications she had. She could have said, "had trouble delivering the placenta, but we're doing well now". But she didn't, just left a vague caption and didn't update until way later. Same thing that's happening now, it's kind of unnecessary.
Nonetheless, this is kinda pointless to talk about. I really hope Addie is doing well, no matter what I think about Jess and Chris.

vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

Whoever is running the troll account needs to stop. NOW.

(it's a general statement. I'm not accusing anyone here of running it)

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
Crazymess1215
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Crazymess1215 »

Ugh why do people especially YouTubers do this? I agree with what some people are saying she just put "scariest moment of my life. Please pray"... And of course people are commenting every minute on her IG and are truly worried and asking for updates but of course typical of Jessica she's gonna keep quiet about it to keep everyone's attention going. Like come on. If it was something like a cold that caused addie to end up in the hospital she could of at least captioned it a little differently instead of leaving all of us wondering and worried for her daughter. I don't think it would of taken much time to add more details. She could of put "please pray for our baby girl, she got really sick this morning and had a high fever and had to bring her in to the ER." But no she just leaves everyone hanging. People are genuinely worried for her child
steph31
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by steph31 »

GetYouTubesTied wrote:
teenyzucchini wrote:
GetYouTubesTied wrote:
I hope your baby girl is okay now. <3
She is, by some miracle! She's 9 months old and thriving at home! Thank you. [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Thank God.
Like others, I get the sense that whatever's happening with Addie is at least somewhat serious. If the baby did have a seizure, what would the implications be? I had one grand mal seizure a few years back, as a college student, but am asking specifically about the implications for an infant like Addie. Like, could an infant seizure ever be fatal? Have lasting effects (eg brain damage)? Would it imply the possibility of epilepsy? Or be a symptom of another illness? And what are the chances of it being a one-off occurrence?

I'm also wondering what ELSE could have happened that would require an ekg. Calling all you posters who are nurses...

PS, I agree with yogabbagabba that it's slightly shitty that Jess has time to post something that she knows will be incredibly alarming to thousands of people and doesn't care to leave 3 words of explanation, even "they are running tests" or "we are waiting for her to be in stable condition" ....Anything at all. (And that's giving Jess the benefit of the doubt and assuming the worst - that Addie is still in an urgent/emergency condition. But if the baby is at least stable, then there is absolutely NO excuse for Jess to withhold that information when she is already freaking posting about it! Remember, this is the woman who was forcing her husband to pose for snapchat filters with her the day after her father-in-law had passed away. "Considerate" is not exactly her middle name.)
Infant seizures are most commonly febrile and related to a high temperature/fever, it's mostly just the way the baby's brain reacts to high temperatures. They are relatively common and quite rarely have long term implications for the child. If they have multiple seizures or they are long lasting (like over 15 minutes) they can suggest epilepsy but usually infants that have febrile seizures are more likely to have them again as an infant and grow out of them without any epilepsy diagnosis. The most serious consequence of a febrile seizure is if the baby compromises their airway from vomit or spit when they are seizing which could be fatal or cause brain damage from lack of oxygen.
The stickers on her actually aren't for an accurate EKG, those would have many more stickers in different places, more leads and colours on the lead clip. She is basically attached to an observation monitor that is recording her respiration rate, heart rate and a basic (not very accurate) heart tracing.

My guess is she was dropped or had a febrile seizure from catching tonsillitis from Jess
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Whoever trolls Jess about Addy, either Lurker, or User, get off the board and stop trolling, you're not impressing anybody, you low-life, bored little prick!

I hope it's alright with Addy. When Jess was talking about not getting medication, I remeber thinking, what if Addy catches something more seroius from you, not just a cold? That's only true of course, if her problems come from the cold.

As for monitoring a baby, I was born prematurely (thank god Addy wasn't) and I caught pneumonia in the hospital, from whomever and had a very, very high fever. In my language it's called a cold pneumonia, because there is no coughing, or any signs of severe illness, until the fever sets in. My Mom told me they hooked me up to all kinds of monitors, among them a heartmonitor, just to be safe and see if I wasn't having any other trouble. The doctor told her that every outcome is possible, until the third day, at which he said there is a much better chance of surviving. If Addys story is even remotely close to what my Mom experienced I can understand why she's asking for prayers.

Posting a snap of Addy on insta, well, I also never quite understood why you would take pictures of something sad, or serious, but I remeber I did that at one time as well, but never again, since I always asked myself afterwards why I did it. I do have to say though, parents often take pictures of their children in those situations so they have a picture to take home– sorry if I'm upsetting anybody– in case some goes very wrong. Putting it on instagram, well that's another story, but I feel she was just looking for support.
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

honestly jess is the least exploitive with her children when they are sick compared to other youtube moms. but she does it because she wants to portray this "perfect" life, not out of respect for her kids. she's very hush-hush when her kids are sick or have medical issues. why has she never mentioned one of lilias millions of cavities? or the fact that kaden had his elbow dislocated? she mentioned her kids being anemic once and never followed up. she hides anything "real" unless she absolutely can't (drake leaving, going to the hospital during addies birth, kadens surgeries, etc) personally, i wish she would talk about these things more! she had mastitis a few weeks ago and only mentioned it in a snapchat. i wish she had elaborated in a video because i'm sure that made it painful to breastfeed and could've been a relatable video for mothers dealing with potential complications of breast feeding. but no, she still wants to portray this image that she has zero problems breast feeding. i'm watching an old vlog of hers and she mentions landen having had a wart on his foot then lilia got one too.... like why does she not elaborate?? she claims she "faces reality with a positive attitude" but really she just twists reality to make her life look "perfect".
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

also, can we just all cringe at how chris just randomly told jess "you're hot" at around 2:35 in the reviewing home birth video. that sounded like something my middle school boy friend would've awkwardly said to break the awkward silence when we didn't know what to do around eachother but he felt forced to say something "boyfriend-y". they're just so awkward together! idk how they even have a baby together. they so clearly have no chemistry or connection. poor jess, it's like she turned the tables on herself. she usually traps guys with a baby and marriage, but now she trapped herself!
Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

Jess just gave another vague update on Instagram. I'd post a picture, just not sure how to.

nicoleojo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nicoleojo »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... aa1076.jpg[/img]

Return to “JesssFam”