JesssFam: Just the Right Mix of Boobies & Booze (Part 84)

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam: Just the Right Mix of Boobies & Booze (Part 84

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

There's a couple idiots on her insta speculating that it was a reaction from vaccines and saying hopefully she doesn't get anymore vaccines if it's related. Rolling my eyes. Has addelyn even been to the doctors yet?
D33f
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by D33f »

If it's sleep related would she still be covered in so many blankets at the hospital ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

D33f wrote:If it's sleep related would she still be covered in so many blankets at the hospital ?

Probably since they're all awake and there are nurses everywhere. They keep the monitors all over babies in hospitals which at home would be considered very unsafe haha

Does it look like she has monitors/wires on the back of her head in the newest pic?
notapnutmommy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by notapnutmommy »

Was just about to ask that. If it was sleeping /suffocating, why would the hospital not be stopping her being wrapped in the blankets?
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Aaliyah_uk wrote:She wanted it that way , now everyone will be tuning into the vlog to find out , even when her daughter is sick she is thinking of it as a YouTube possibility #sickening if true
If she is being vague for views she's a disgusting human being. And I hope whatever house they buy with that money is haunted and pulls at her feet at night (only hers not the kids)
mamaof2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mamaof2 »

I think people are going way too far out there on this one. She probably has RSV/Croup (or something similar), had a febrile seizure, and Chris took care of her.
emma101
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma101 »

My initial thought was sleeping too but honestly I have no idea and just hope that little Addie will be okay

hellomydolly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hellomydolly »

There is no reason not to give a quick overview of what happened. She is thinking about her views in this emergency. Really awful. She would have been better off to not post anything.
Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

My guess is that she might have stopped breathing and Chris was the first to notice and call the ambulance. Poor Addy, I hope she gets better fast. The reason why she did not mention anything yet might be, because she wants something conclusive, so people don't jump to conclusions too quickly.

As for the entire possibility of SID, I read a lot about it, since I was interested to see if there was any research progess. I got profoundly confused, since all of the findings since the beginning of research (that I could find) kind of contradict each other. Maybe I just read the wrong ones, but for instance there was a research in former times (pre-2000) by a bunch of doctors, who swore by the fact, that you should always place the baby on it's tummy, since it has a higher rate to die from SID when sleeping on the back. Years later another bunch of doctors turned it all around and swore that SID is more likely to happen to children who sleep on their tummy, so always let them on their back. It just screamed that they had no real clue how the sleeping position affects babies under the age of 1. Maybe some of you have a better idea about it, but so far I'm just confused.
hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

Captain Smooth wrote:My guess is that she might have stopped breathing and Chris was the first to notice and call the ambulance. Poor Addy, I hope she gets better fast. The reason why she did not mention anything yet might be, because she wants something conclusive, so people don't jump to conclusions too quickly.

As for the entire possibility of SID, I read a lot about it, since I was interested to see if there was any research progess. I got profoundly confused, since all of the findings since the beginning of research (that I could find) kind of contradict each other. Maybe I just read the wrong ones, but for instance there was a research in former times (pre-2000) by a bunch of doctors, who swore by the fact, that you should always place the baby on it's tummy, since it has a higher rate to die from SID when sleeping on the back. Years later another bunch of doctors turned it all around and swore that SID is more likely to happen to children who sleep on their tummy, so always let them on their back. It just screamed that they had no real clue how the sleeping position affects babies under the age of 1. Maybe some of you have a better idea about it, but so far I'm just confused.
I'm totally confused as well with the whole SIDS thing. I've been researching because I just had my first three weeks ago. I'm confused because SIDS is supposed to be when they die for literally no reason, but then go on to tell you all the ways you can reduce the chance of SIDS (sleeping on the back, paci's, ext). If they die for no reason, how is sleeping on their back going to reduce the chance? If they die from sleeping on their tummy, then the death would be from suffocation, no? Ugh Image

HereKittyKitty
Talker
Talker

Unread post by HereKittyKitty »

GetYouTubesTied wrote:
teenyzucchini wrote:
GetYouTubesTied wrote:
I hope your baby girl is okay now. <3
She is, by some miracle! She's 9 months old and thriving at home! Thank you. [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
Thank God.
Like others, I get the sense that whatever's happening with Addie is at least somewhat serious. If the baby did have a seizure, what would the implications be? I had one grand mal seizure a few years back, as a college student, but am asking specifically about the implications for an infant like Addie. Like, could an infant seizure ever be fatal? Have lasting effects (eg brain damage)? Would it imply the possibility of epilepsy? Or be a symptom of another illness? And what are the chances of it being a one-off occurrence?

I'm also wondering what ELSE could have happened that would require an ekg. Calling all you posters who are nurses...

PS, I agree with yogabbagabba that it's slightly shitty that Jess has time to post something that she knows will be incredibly alarming to thousands of people and doesn't care to leave 3 words of explanation, even "they are running tests" or "we are waiting for her to be in stable condition" ....Anything at all. (And that's giving Jess the benefit of the doubt and assuming the worst - that Addie is still in an urgent/emergency condition. But if the baby is at least stable, then there is absolutely NO excuse for Jess to withhold that information when she is already freaking posting about it! Remember, this is the woman who was forcing her husband to pose for snapchat filters with her the day after her father-in-law had passed away. "Considerate" is not exactly her middle name.)

Most people get EKGS when they go to the ER. I think Addie stopped breathing or her heart stopped for some reason. Or maybe she had some type of seizure. But it was definitely more than just a cold/flu thing or else they wouldn't even be worried about that.
Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

Blackswan wrote:
Aaliyah_uk wrote:She wanted it that way , now everyone will be tuning into the vlog to find out , even when her daughter is sick she is thinking of it as a YouTube possibility #sickening if true
If she is being vague for views she's a disgusting human being. And I hope whatever house they buy with that money is haunted and pulls at her feet at night (only hers not the kids)
Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Agreed
Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

hwarner wrote:
Captain Smooth wrote:My guess is that she might have stopped breathing and Chris was the first to notice and call the ambulance. Poor Addy, I hope she gets better fast. The reason why she did not mention anything yet might be, because she wants something conclusive, so people don't jump to conclusions too quickly.

I'm totally confused as well with the whole SIDS thing. I've been researching because I just had my first three weeks ago. I'm confused because SIDS is supposed to be when they die for literally no reason, but then go on to tell you all the ways you can reduce the chance of SIDS (sleeping on the back, paci's, ext). If they die for no reason, how is sleeping on their back going to reduce the chance? If they die from sleeping on their tummy, then the death would be from suffocation, no? Ugh Image

Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ikr my take on sids is that many babies death certificates put the cause of death as sids, when many times it's suffocation,
therefore putting baby on their back lessens this as they tend to put their noses into the mattress/ sheet and don't have the strength to move or vomit and it pools eww I know
but you get the gist , anyhow this is my understanding of the whole sleep on the back theory it just keeps their airway more open and therefore the likelihood of suffocation is reduced
somewhatsilent
Informer
Informer

Unread post by somewhatsilent »

I feel like if it was RSV or another infection she would have an IV..seems to me they have her being monitored only with telemetry and have no IV going in. (Could be out of the picture but still)

Maybe she stopped breathing or had a strange episode / siezure from something not detected...I.E. heart defect or something congenital?

That or maybe she choked on something one of the kids put in her mouth? If they got it out and she seemed ok after they just monitor for a couple days usually.

Shes not in the PICU (there is much more monitoring and machines in an intensive unit) so to me that rules out life threatening (at least right now) conditions but still..poor Addy. My youngest is her age and i have had a baby in the hospital. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Scrapple
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Scrapple »

I hope Addleyn will be alright. Nobody deserves this.

But if it is sleep-related I might throw something.
:shock:
somewhatsilent
Informer
Informer

Unread post by somewhatsilent »

Sorry for the double post but i just looked at the pic again and there is an IV tube going toward her (so hard to see lol)..so could be RSV or another infection.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
hwarner
Informer
Informer

Unread post by hwarner »

Aaliyah_uk wrote:Ikr my take on sids is that many babies death certificates put the cause of death as sids, when many times it's suffocation,
therefore putting baby on their back lessens this as they tend to put their noses into the mattress/ sheet and don't have the strength to move or vomit and it pools eww I know
but you get the gist , anyhow this is my understanding of the whole sleep on the back theory it just keeps their airway more open and therefore the likelihood of suffocation is reduced
Yeah I totally get how they can easily suffocate..they don't have head control yet But I think they need to list it as a suffocating incident if that's what happened and not just falsely label it SIDS ya know?

Captain Smooth
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Captain Smooth »

Aaliyah_uk wrote:
hwarner wrote:

Congratulations :D

Exactly, everytime it's specified that the exact cause of SID is not clear, but there is evidence that supports a correlation, that's what I understood, but it's still confusing as hell, since it seems the doctors go by guessing just as much as we do. I would definetley go by the advice not to stuff your children into big blankets and to avoid toxic air, but I feel like there still is a big mystery surrounding SID. Also I read that a pacifier can reduce the risk of SID, which is something I don't get at all (awesome if it's true though). I'd be interested to see, how many of the babies that list SID as cause of death were born prematurely, even by a month.

Sorry if I'm going off track here, but I think Jess situation makes it interesting to talk about it.

Return to “JesssFam”