Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

lmmomSD wrote:Lots of vloggers show their kids having tantrums and crying. Heck, SlyFox uses a thumbnail of one of the kids crying at least 3 times a week. I don't know how she's going to feel when she's older to have that on the internet.
I actually came here to say something positive about Cullen, believe it or not, but I saw the praise for them leaving the tantrum in. Anyway, what I was going to say is that he really pays attention to other vloggers and their milestones. He congratulated Bonnie on 500K subscribers (did E&J? I didn't see it-- maybe they did, but I doubt it) and said nice things to Roman Atwood, who is having his third child, but first girl. It's nice.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
When did he mention Roman Atwood?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
pohtahtoh
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pohtahtoh »

Cullen's pickup lines never fail to make me laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
malpal25
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by malpal25 »

pohtahtoh wrote:Cullen's pickup lines never fail to make me laugh!

I was laughing so hard!!!

Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

I find Cullen to be immature and not funny at all. They're an odd couple. I don't know how Katie puts up with him!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Strawberry26 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Lots of vloggers show their kids having tantrums and crying. Heck, SlyFox uses a thumbnail of one of the kids crying at least 3 times a week. I don't know how she's going to feel when she's older to have that on the internet.
I actually came here to say something positive about Cullen, believe it or not, but I saw the praise for them leaving the tantrum in. Anyway, what I was going to say is that he really pays attention to other vloggers and their milestones. He congratulated Bonnie on 500K subscribers (did E&J? I didn't see it-- maybe they did, but I doubt it) and said nice things to Roman Atwood, who is having his third child, but first girl. It's nice.

When did he mention Roman Atwood?

On Twitter.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Parkerwar wrote:I find Cullen to be immature and not funny at all. They're an odd couple. I don't know how Katie puts up with him!
I was rolling my eyes at the way he was acting in the Asian grocery store. Did they even go there for a reason? He was acting like everything was so weird. And then "In Alabama, we call them smores". They call them smores everywhere.
If they're thrown this much by a couple of tantrums, they're headed for trouble.
Personal: we had these friends who had a daughter a lot like Gaines. Smart as a whip, and way ahead verbally. She was a total sweetheart, and then she hit her terrible twos. They were so surprised by her tantrums that they didn't know what to do, and gave into them. Then she was an ongoing terror, because she knew that the way to get what she wanted was to have a cow. Not saying that C&K will, but the way they're going on and on about it is concerning.

manadefe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by manadefe »

lmmomSD wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:I find Cullen to be immature and not funny at all. They're an odd couple. I don't know how Katie puts up with him!
I was rolling my eyes at the way he was acting in the Asian grocery store. Did they even go there for a reason? He was acting like everything was so weird. And then "In Alabama, we call them smores". They call them smores everywhere.
If they're thrown this much by a couple of tantrums, they're headed for trouble.
Personal: we had these friends who had a daughter a lot like Gaines. Smart as a whip, and way ahead verbally. She was a total sweetheart, and then she hit her terrible twos. They were so surprised by her tantrums that they didn't know what to do, and gave into them. Then she was an ongoing terror, because she knew that the way to get what she wanted was to have a cow. Not saying that C&K will, but the way they're going on and on about it is concerning.

He was being sarcastic about calling them smores since MG called it marshmallow sandwiches.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

lmmomSD wrote:If they're thrown this much by a couple of tantrums, they're headed for trouble.
Scar2016 wrote:Did anyone notice in the last couple of vlogs, Gaines's personality is starting to come to the fore. It looks like she's going to be quite a strong willed, spirited child. They've had it easy with her so far but a couple of scenes recently I thought: I wonder how they're going to deal with/parent her through any potential terrible two's situ's.
^ Interestingly I wrote this comment on 16th Jan.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Interesting that Katie specifically mentioned after Gaines' tantrum that she had a right to her feelings, and to express them... Especially given how often it's mentioned in other threads that the kids are only really allowed to be happy.

Personally I agree, kids are small people, not accessories.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

daisy1000 wrote:This may have been already mentioned but I hate how they film Gaines in her underwear? I mean I know she is in a big t-shirt and it's to help with her being fully potty training but I don't know it just rubs me the wrong way to see that in any vlogs.

Gosh, that was the first time as far as I know, and Cullen had his hands full. Your post seems to suggest it is a regular course of action. Perhaps you ought not watch if you believe they are exploiting their daughter. One of the reasons I don't watch E&J is because I believe they are exploiting their children and I want no part of that.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
Strawberry26 wrote:I'm glad that they left Gaines little temper tantrum in the vlog.

I'm glad they did too. I respect that they aren't scared to show that life with kids isn't always Disneyland and happy smiles. She was in rare form today. Hope she slept good last night. Lol

Did you notice how strong Katie's accent was when she was outside near the fire and stated "..if I hear anyone whine ONE MORE TIME..." lol
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

That's true, I never really thought about it. Thanks for pointing that out, he is really a sweet man. GrandBerry did well raising him.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

RecklessDisregard wrote:Interesting that Katie specifically mentioned after Gaines' tantrum that she had a right to her feelings, and to express them... Especially given how often it's mentioned in other threads that the kids are only really allowed to be happy.

Personally I agree, kids are small people, not accessories.
Absolutely! I think gifted children are more difficult when they hit 3 and 4, still C&K will be able to handle it. My twins were more average and easier for me. But all kids have good and bad days.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:This may have been already mentioned but I hate how they film Gaines in her underwear? I mean I know she is in a big t-shirt and it's to help with her being fully potty training but I don't know it just rubs me the wrong way to see that in any vlogs.

Gosh, that was the first time as far as I know, and Cullen had his hands full. Your post seems to suggest it is a regular course of action. Perhaps you ought not watch if you believe they are exploiting their daughter. One of the reasons I don't watch E&J is because I believe they are exploiting their children and I want no part of that.
I agree.. they make a huge point in making sure she is clothed 99% of the time. I know she was running around in just a tee shirt in the vlog before that one (i think thats when it was) but when they started roughhousing on the couch they put pants on her beforehand. The used to cover her entire torso up with a wash cloth when they would show her in her infant tub. They have always been vigilant with making sure she is decent. I think the same thing you do WhatSheSaid. Cullen had his hands full, i give it a pass. And not just bc it is Cullen and Katie..:roll: If other vloggers were that diligent in not filming kids in compromising situations i would give them a pass in that situation as well.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I don't watch Slyfox and we unsubbed to them months ago. The only vloggers i watch on a regular basis are C&K and B&M.. occasionally i watch E&J (but they make me irrationally angry so i choose not to watch often) out of the ones that i watch, its not a regular thing to see real parent problems other than with C&K. B&M just throw money at Ollie when he loses his mind (and they don't show it that often bc thats how they deal with it. He gets whatever he wants so he will shut up) and E&J don't allow the kids to be anything but happy. It's just refreshing to see parents actually deal with a tantrum in a realistic way, and they are keeping it real by showing that MG isn't this perfect little angel all the time.
Cullen is a gentleman, he might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is polite and gracious to his YT friends...
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

WhatSheSaid wrote:

I typically watch for stuff like that to see how much vloggers cater to the pedo audience and C&K do it far far less than others do. I remember that Austin left in a huge amount of panty shots of Audri in a multitude of vlogs before I quit watching. I mean, it's inevitable to happen and I'm sure one or two shots slip past them in editting because a parent sometimes doesn't think of things like that but a lot of vloggers seem to leave in an abnormal amount of underwear shots in their vlogs.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Austin was getting those pantie shots on purpose. There's no need to stick your camera under the table.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Austin even left in a shot of naked Audrey walking into frame.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

Exactly my points. I mean, sometimes C&K show it by accidently panning down too far. JKToday left in shots of the girls doing flips in a nightgown and short shorts. Those I would deem accidents, ignorance to pervs, or oversight. Austin, Jared&Ellie, and the others who tend to flaunt their children's near nudity and sometimes complete nudity are exploiting their child(ren). I didn't know about the completely nude shot of Audri though! One day she'll find these videos and be disgusted by her father, but for probably far more reasons than pimping her out to pedos. Austin on a whole different level than the other vloggers.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

manadefe wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

He was being sarcastic about calling them smores since MG called it marshmallow sandwiches.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
My bad then, thanks.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”