Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

"Yesterday I hated him!"....

Really kyra....???

Also they need to knock thst head butting off NOW.
Wait until baby girl is born and he head butts her...
And his parents...not good.
IjustCANT
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IjustCANT »

Idk much about potty training but I have never heard of potty training at 15 months maybe 18 months but it's a bit of a stretch to start potty training right after he learned to walk but right before gives birth. I understand the want to not have two in diapers but it's going to be a lot harder scrubbing the floors and changing the new baby's diaper. In my opinion I feel like they should've waited a few months after the new baby was born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

IjustCANT wrote:Idk much about potty training but I have never heard of potty training at 15 months maybe 18 months but it's a bit of a stretch to start potty training right after he learned to walk but right before gives birth. I understand the want to not have two in diapers but it's going to be a lot harder scrubbing the floors and changing the new baby's diaper. In my opinion I feel like they should've waited a few months after the new baby was born.

He's 16 months old, that's not to early!

If anything it's good, and if he wants to be a big boy and use the toilet then he should be allowed too
IjustCANT
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by IjustCANT »

d4865 wrote:
IjustCANT wrote:Idk much about potty training but I have never heard of potty training at 15 months maybe 18 months but it's a bit of a stretch to start potty training right after he learned to walk but right before gives birth. I understand the want to not have two in diapers but it's going to be a lot harder scrubbing the floors and changing the new baby's diaper. In my opinion I feel like they should've waited a few months after the new baby was born.

He's 16 months old, that's not to early!

If anything it's good, and if he wants to be a big boy and use the toilet then he should be allowed too
Levi was born on October,18th. So yeah he's still 15 months.

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I don't think it can hurt to introduce the potty to Levi, I just hope they don't try force potty training if Levi isn't ready. Potty training when they're not ready is a waste of time, energy and stress for both the parents and the toddler.

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

My mom started potty train me and my sisters around that age and we were fully potty train way before we were 2 years old (however I didn't ask her exactly how long it took and so at what age exactly we were potty train)
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

Idk much about potty training but I have never heard of potty training at 15 months maybe 18 months but it's a bit of a stretch to start potty training right after he learned to walk but right before gives birth. I understand the want to not have two in diapers but it's going to be a lot harder scrubbing the floors and changing the new baby's diaper. In my opinion I feel like they should've waited a few months after the new baby was born
My mom potty trained me and my siblings shortly after turning one. And i'll be introducing the potty around that time with my daughter as well. Even just introducing the potty a little is better at a young age because it gets them used to the idea. My sister in law didn't bother much with a potty with her daughter and she's two and a half and STILL using a diaper. I think Levi did amazingly well for his first day! When kids start giving signs of interest when they see you using the toilet they're usually ready to start learning themselves and if I remember correctly Kyra said before that Levi seemed interested in it.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I think potty training this early is kind of dumb. Kids usually aren't ready at this time and there is tons of new research saying you shouldn't potty train fully until kids are 3. They can have health problems from holding it too much and forgetting to go to the potty. Even then 2 is a much more reasonable number and the kid will actually understand what is going on.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

levi is deff of age to be potty trained. I was totally potty trained before 2 years old (my mom started me shortly after 1 years old and it didnt take too long (i was potty trained around 1 and a half years maybe a little earlier) and I know many people who were too! (diaper just at night). It is the perf time to start esp bc Levi grasps these associations already and clearly, he is doing well with it as he used the potty!
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I think potty training this early is kind of dumb. Kids usually aren't ready at this time and there is tons of new research saying you shouldn't potty train fully until kids are 3. They can have health problems from holding it too much and forgetting to go to the potty. Even then 2 is a much more reasonable number and the kid will actually understand what is going on.

i mean not to spark a debate but 3 is quite a bit of a stretch...i'd like to see who did that research.. i know many, including myself, who were potty trained shortly after 1 and we turned out just fine (no health problems). Also, medically speaking, the bladder will empty when it is too full..i dont see any potential medical problems that can arise. it's not like when you hold in poop bc of constipation--that yes, i can see how it could be bad, but that requires days and days of not pooping to be toxic (and just as with pee, the urge to defecate will usually override the control--the body is awesome in that way!). also, idk any parent that wouldnt make the potty a routine habit so as to remind the child to go many times a day to avoid this so..
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I think potty training this early is kind of dumb. Kids usually aren't ready at this time and there is tons of new research saying you shouldn't potty train fully until kids are 3. They can have health problems from holding it too much and forgetting to go to the potty. Even then 2 is a much more reasonable number and the kid will actually understand what is going on.

i mean not to spark a debate but 3 is quite a bit of a stretch...i'd like to see who did that research.. i know many, including myself, who were potty trained shortly after 1 and we turned out just fine (no health problems). Also, medically speaking, the bladder will empty when it is too full..i dont see any potential medical problems that can arise. it's not like when you hold in poop bc of constipation--that yes, i can see how it could be bad, but that requires days and days of not pooping to be toxic (and just as with pee, the urge to defecate will usually override the control--the body is awesome in that way!). also, idk any parent that wouldnt make the potty a routine habit so as to remind the child to go many times a day to avoid this so..
Yes constipation. I actually know a 3 year old that has tons of health issues due to chronic constipation, I can't tell you though whether it was caused by his early potty training.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OkBaby: Part 8

Here is an article. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1424826

I fully believe in waiting until a child can communicate with words that they have to pee or poop. My son was just potty trained at 3 years old. Yes that is later than most but it was a fairly easy process that he understands fully and he is happy about it.

Also I see nothing wrong with introducing Levi to the potty but I really hope they don't start formally potty training him this early.

ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:

Yes constipation. I actually know a 3 year old that has tons of health issues due to chronic constipation, I can't tell you though whether it was caused by his early potty training.

Just an educated guess here, but constipation has a lot more to do with diet than anything...
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ilovelamp wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote: i mean not to spark a debate but 3 is quite a bit of a stretch...i'd like to see who did that research.. i know many, including myself, who were potty trained shortly after 1 and we turned out just fine (no health problems). Also, medically speaking, the bladder will empty when it is too full..i dont see any potential medical problems that can arise. it's not like when you hold in poop bc of constipation--that yes, i can see how it could be bad, but that requires days and days of not pooping to be toxic (and just as with pee, the urge to defecate will usually override the control--the body is awesome in that way!). also, idk any parent that wouldnt make the potty a routine habit so as to remind the child to go many times a day to avoid this so..

Just an educated guess here, but constipation has a lot more to do with diet than anything...
No it has to do with him holding it too long due to being scared of pooping.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ilovelamp wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

Just an educated guess here, but constipation has a lot more to do with diet than anything...[/quote]

for the most part yes, it has largely to do with diet.
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Here is an article. http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1424826

I fully believe in waiting until a child can communicate with words that they have to pee or poop. My son was just potty trained at 3 years old. Yes that is later than most but it was a fairly easy process that he understands fully and he is happy about it.

Also I see nothing wrong with introducing Levi to the potty but I really hope they don't start formally potty training him this early.

I agree with you! Maybe it's a cultural thing as well, where I'm from 3 is a normal age (boys even later). So I'm pretty surprised about that young age and all the work implied (putting the kid on the potty every 20 min etc...)
I never had to do all that fuss with potty "training", my daughter was interested in the toilet a bit before she turned 3, and she was potty "trained" (I don't know a better word, I didn't really need to train her) within 2 days night and day. No stress for her nor for me ;)
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I only know one child that potty trained before 18 months. That was my nephew but he has off the charts iq and was speaking full sentences before he was 1. Kids are not ready at Levi's age especially when they just learned how to walk and can only say a couple of words.
This is just Kyra and Oscar being lazy because they had two babies so close together, maybe they should have waited a little longer to have a second if they were worried about things like this.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I only know one child that potty trained before 18 months. That was my nephew but he has off the charts iq and was speaking full sentences before he was 1. Kids are not ready at Levi's age especially when they just learned how to walk and can only say a couple of words.
This is just Kyra and Oscar being lazy because they had two babies so close together, maybe they should have waited a little longer to have a second if they were worried about things like this.

I'm sure if this wasn't OK you wouldn't have a problem with it. The only people that know their kid is them. If they think he's ready, then let them potty train. Just cuz your kids didn't do it til 3, doesn't mean everyone has to. Who died and made you the potty training police??

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I only know one child that potty trained before 18 months. That was my nephew but he has off the charts iq and was speaking full sentences before he was 1. Kids are not ready at Levi's age especially when they just learned how to walk and can only say a couple of words.

I'm sure if this wasn't OK you wouldn't have a problem with it. The only people that know their kid is them. If they think he's ready, then let them potty train. Just cuz your kids didn't do it til 3, doesn't mean everyone has to. Who died and made you the potty training police??

Hey! That's mean. This is a gossip site and she has an opinion. Not everyone has to agree with everything. If you don't agree with her you could ignore or put in your own experience and thoughts about potty training. Let's be respectful. <3
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ACarATorchAJess wrote:

Yep your right I'm wrong they are perfect parents to Levi and do no wrong. I didn't push potty training on my son I waited until he was ready. Actually there was no "training" he just did it, because he was ready. O&k can have fun cleaning up Levi's shit and piss of the floor. I'm sure it will be a matter of days before they give up, because he doesn't understand and he's not ready.

Return to “OKBaby”