OkBaby: Part 8

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by Whateverumean »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I only know one child that potty trained before 18 months. That was my nephew but he has off the charts iq and was speaking full sentences before he was 1. Kids are not ready at Levi's age especially when they just learned how to walk and can only say a couple of words.
This is just Kyra and Oscar being lazy because they had two babies so close together, maybe they should have waited a little longer to have a second if they were worried about things like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want to research medically try these sites not huffpost.
Pubmed
Ncbi
Uptodate
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Levi is NOT ready to potty train. If he isn't emptying a full bladder in his diaper, and going long periods of time without a soiled diaper, he's not ready. His bladder muscles are likely not developed enough to hold it in long enough to be potty trained. They should not be putting him strictly in underwear. I think the little potty is a great idea to get him familiar with it, and he seems to understand that you flush after you go (however I didn't see them making him wash his hands...) and he understands dirty diapers go in the trash which is good. They need to start there. Having Levi give them signs that he is in a dirty diaper and needs to be changed is the first step. Having him get his own diaper and wipes when he's wet, and bringing them to Kyra, and throwing out the soiled diaper is the first step. He is NOT ready at this age. I don't care what anyone says because I have a certificate in early childhood development, so I know he's not ready.
I helped begin training a 2 year old boy who could not speak English, and the first step was asking him if he was wet or if he pooped, if he said no, you ask again in a little bit, and then change him anyway. Have him sit on the potty after he's had a dirty diaper, then he begins to correlate going to the bathroom with going pee or poop. Have him flush the toilet even if he hasn't gone, and have him wash his hands.
Oscar and Kyra are only trying to train Levi for their own selfish reasons. He's just NOT ready. Until he understands dirty diapers, and peeing and pooping, he's just not ready. Sorry not sorry.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Whateverumean wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I only know one child that potty trained before 18 months. That was my nephew but he has off the charts iq and was speaking full sentences before he was 1. Kids are not ready at Levi's age especially when they just learned how to walk and can only say a couple of words.
This is just Kyra and Oscar being lazy because they had two babies so close together, maybe they should have waited a little longer to have a second if they were worried about things like this.

If you want to research medically try these sites not huffpost.
Pubmed
Ncbi
Uptodate
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2015 ... -too-soon/

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:

I'm sure if this wasn't OK you wouldn't have a problem with it. The only people that know their kid is them. If they think he's ready, then let them potty train. Just cuz your kids didn't do it til 3, doesn't mean everyone has to. Who died and made you the potty training police??

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Yep your right I'm wrong they are perfect parents to Levi and do no wrong. I didn't push potty training on my son I waited until he was ready. Actually there was no "training" he just did it, because he was ready. O&k can have fun cleaning up Levi's shit and piss of the floor. I'm sure it will be a matter of days before they give up, because he doesn't understand and he's not ready.

Didn't say they were perfect, just said you weren't in charge of potty training. Every kid is different. Just cuz you waited, doesn't mean every has to wait. I was potty trained before 2 as was the other kids in my family, and honestly, I feel great! No bladder issues..no constipation...no regrets.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote: I'm sure if this wasn't OK you wouldn't have a problem with it. The only people that know their kid is them. If they think he's ready, then let them potty train. Just cuz your kids didn't do it til 3, doesn't mean everyone has to. Who died and made you the potty training police??

Yep your right I'm wrong they are perfect parents to Levi and do no wrong. I didn't push potty training on my son I waited until he was ready. Actually there was no "training" he just did it, because he was ready. O&k can have fun cleaning up Levi's shit and piss of the floor. I'm sure it will be a matter of days before they give up, because he doesn't understand and he's not ready.

Didn't say they were perfect, just said you weren't in charge of potty training. Every kid is different. Just cuz you waited, doesn't mean every has to wait. I was potty trained before 2 as was the other kids in my family, and honestly, I feel great! No bladder issues..no constipation...no regrets.

What age did you potty train your children?

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Really? I've successfully potty trained multiple kids under the age of 18 months using the elimination communication method. Though a child may not be speaking full sentences, they can communicate in other ways. I think it's great they're potty training him! He obviously seems to grasp the idea and is interested in it. Good for them!

wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

I only know one child that potty trained before 18 months. That was my nephew but he has off the charts iq and was speaking full sentences before he was 1. Kids are not ready at Levi's age especially when they just learned how to walk and can only say a couple of words.
Not to start anything but you've just read that a few of us have been potty trained well before 18 months so it's really not that uncommon. I don't link early potty training with constipation whatsoever. A big part of constipation has a lot to do with a person's diet and how well the body is able to digest. Plus exercise, etc. It has very little to do with holding poop in and in Levi's case he has already pooped in the potty and seemed quite proud of himself so I don't think that's going to be an issue.

Also I think Oscar and Kyra starting the potty training is the opposite of lazy? It's a lot harder training and cleaning poo and pee out of a carpet than it is to change a diaper.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Okay but they're only trying to train him so they don't have 2 in diapers. That's putting a lot of pressure on Levi

msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

10 kids in our family (myself included) all potty trained before the age of 2... it's possible, and I agree with whoever said that it's the opposite of being lazy to clean up kids messes than to change a diaper. I'm sorry but it's revolting to be changing a kid's diaper who eats the same things you do, it's like changing an adult's diaper. No need for a kid to shit him/herself if they can already walk and be taught where to properly go
jlk14
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jlk14 »

They probably wouldn't have started potty training if it weren't for that comment of the day lol

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk
Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Amanda-L »

ACarATorchAJess wrote: I'm sure if this wasn't OK you wouldn't have a problem with it. The only people that know their kid is them. If they think he's ready, then let them potty train. Just cuz your kids didn't do it til 3, doesn't mean everyone has to. Who died and made you the potty training police??

That same logic could be applied to every post ever made about the youtubers whose parenting we've come here to gossip about. They all, I assume, know what their kids are capable of and yet we still come here to gossip and share our opinions on them. If this was Keren potty training Jackson right now I imagine you'd find something to pick at as from your posts its clear you can't stand the lass. Kyra however, you do like and defend a fair bit *shrugs*

Anywho, as for the potty training. If they're starting it properly I hope they're consistent with it. It's not really something you can start and then give up on until later. I don't personally think the timing is right. Their daughter will be here soon and everyone knows that having a newborn in the house is chaos for a little while, until you settle into some sort of a routine. But, they aren't good with keeping schedules. They'll be running around trying to care for the kids and I can see the potty training taking a bit of a back seat.
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

Okay but they're only trying to train him so they don't have 2 in diapers. That's putting a lot of pressure on Levi
Maybe I missed it but I don't remember hearing them say they're only potty training him because they don't want two in diapers? If they think like A LOT of us do, then they're probably training him because they think its time. They weren't being strict with Levi or even acting mad/frustrated when he had a few accidents so I don't see where all of this pressure on Levi is.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

I really hope they put Levi on a sleep schedule for their sake, his sake and the new babies sake. When Kyra went to Marshall's, it looked like it was getting dark and Levi was just waking up from a nap? Right? As someone who doesn't sleep well, I can say that it's so bad for your health. They need to do a hard reset on their sleeping..

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OkBaby: Part 8

wolflily23 wrote:
Maybe I missed it but I don't remember hearing them say they're only potty training him because they don't want two in diapers? If they think like A LOT of us do, then they're probably training him because they think its time. They weren't being strict with Levi or even acting mad/frustrated when he had a few accidents so I don't see where all of this pressure on Levi is.
They literally said in the vlog it was time because mini bug was coming soon, not because he was ready.

Honestly before they even think about potty training they need to get the poor kid on a good schedule and wean him off the bottle. Those two things are way more important than the inconvenience of them changing a diaper. And there is no way they can stay consistent with potty training with a newborn and trying to keep up the vlog. They can barely do that now.

blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

My middle son started wanting to sit on the potty right after turning one, because he has a brother that is 22 months older and has always wanted to do everything he does (my oldest potty trained right at 2, on his own accord). By 14 months he was almost completely potty trained... he wasn't a big talker so we just put a little step stool in front of the toilet and a child seat on the toilet and he would run in there and do his business without a word. I didn't push it on him whatsoever, it was just something he wanted to do and I went along with it. Since he wasn't big on communicating his needs I would put him in a pull up when we went out and just take him to the bathroom every hour or so, and it was extremely rare he would wet his pull up. By the time he was about 18-19 months he would say potty/poop and from that point on he was in undies full time.

Now my 3rd son just turned 18 months, around 16 months he started wanting to sit on the potty, for about a month he would sit on it numerous times a day and actually went pee a large handful of times. Then one day about a month ago he cried when I went to set him on the potty before a bath, so I immediately took him off. After that when I would ask if he wanted to sit on the potty he would whine, so I dropped it. He's not ready and in no way did I ever or will if ever push him to do it anyway, so we will wait until he shows interest again. No biggie.

If Levi is interested it's really not a big deal. My son has no digestive or emotional problems from being potty trained at a young age. He did his thang and we followed. Out of my 6 nieces and nephews all of them have potty trained before 3 and had zero issues. Your son doesn't set the potty training rules. And a 12-18 month old who wants to be potty trained is a hell of a lot more work than changing diapers, let me tell you. So I really don't get how it has anything to do with them being lazy.

rosethorn12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by rosethorn12 »

It's not a bad idea to start introducing him to the potty. Levi did so good for his first day. But that doesn't mean he will like it the next day. Hopefully he does good, but if he doesn't I don't think they should push it. Personal, but my first was introduced to the potty early and was fully potty trained before 2. My second was introduced to the potty early too but didn't seem interested. I didn't push it, now that he's 2 he's doing a lot better and asks to go to the potty. Every kid is different. Just because yours potty trained before 2 doesn't mean other kids should start early. Just like those who potty trained at 3 doesn't mean others can't start early. It really just comes down if the parent and child are ready.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Kyra is thinking about getting the owlet sock breathing monitor. I'm sure the Jess incident scared her. Frustrating, as we have all been telling her since Levi was an infant to STOP crowding his crib with stuffed animals / blankets. Glad she's starting to take SIDS seriously.

Hopefully she'll be much better about keeping blankets out of the bassinet/crib!

mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

dnbunny wrote:Kyra is thinking about getting the owlet sock breathing monitor. I'm sure the Jess incident scared her. Frustrating, as we have all been telling her since Levi was an infant to STOP crowding his crib with stuffed animals / blankets. Glad she's starting to take SIDS seriously.

Hopefully she'll be much better about keeping blankets out of the bassinet/crib!

I just hope she won't use the monitor as an excuse.. She might be thinking she can put all the blankets she wants as long as she's monitoring her..
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I don't see anything wrong with introducing it this early HOWEVER, I do think they need to get Levi on a schedule first, he seems to go to bed, nap, wake and eat at different times, even this latest vlog he woke up and Oscar got him up out of bed (at who knows what time) if he was on a schedule and had a routine then it might be easier to potty train.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

wolflily23 wrote:
They said to Levi they want him potty trained because his little sister is coming soon. What do you think that means??? Exactly what I just said.

Return to “OKBaby”