OkBaby: Part 8

Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

Levi probably wants to be potty trained because he is sick of staying in soiled diapers all day long because they never change his diaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

CypKitty wrote:Poor Levi will regress when the baby comes but props for trying I guess

In my culture, kids are toilet trained early. I was fully toilet trained by 20 months. My daughter though - different story (but she is ASD though). 2 years 7 months out of nappies in the day time and the night nappy finally went at 4.5 years.

Here in Australia its quite common for 3 year olds to be in nappies still. It is quite scary and cannot be healthy
What is scary about it? And what unhealthy?
In my culture 3 isn't uncommon. I think it depends on when the child is ready. If it's ready that early fine by me, but if not that's ok too. children have so many changes going on and need to learn so much, we should just give them time. Maybe kids which are "only" potty trained at 3 were to busy learning something else :)
I just wonder, how long does it take to potty train the kids when you start when they are walking?
Ethereal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Ethereal »

metroparks wrote:
Where are you both from? This is interesting to me. I would love to learn a bit more about parenting styles where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
I am from Estonia[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk[/quote]

No way! What are the chances, I'm from Estonia too! <3[/quote]

Hey! I'm from Estonia too! :D
And we thought that Estonia is small - nope!! :P

And yes - in our country it is rather normal and even expected to start potty training 1-2 year olds. A three year old should be definitely out of diapers. ;)
tvobaby27
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tvobaby27 »

I honestly think they should wait until after baby is born. Usually the toddler goes through a regression when a baby is brought into the house, and it's just not the right timing. If they didn't want 2 on diapers they shouldn't have gotten pregnant again. I do think Levi is showing signs of readiness, but kyra is bound to go into labor any day now and I just don't see them enforcing the potty training while she has a newborn. And Levi might then be confused at this point. I'd wait until the baby was at least a few weeks old, let Levi get used to her being there. That's going to be such a huge change for him, I wouldn't add the stress of potty training right now.

Ethereal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Ethereal »

I have studied child's development and it is said that you have to start potty training right when the child learns how to control their bladder (which is around 1,5 years). After that using a diaper becomes a habit for the child. And the habit is much harder to brake than to teach doing the right thing from the start. This is how we're taught here.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Ambrosia wrote:Those who potty train early, how long did it take your child to be day AND night trained though? How long did you potty train for?
Both my boys night trained at the same time they day trained, my oldest was right at 2 and my middle was 14 months.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

I'm sorry but I find it soo weird that kyra says it's gross when oscar tries to cuddle her. If you love/are in love with someone don't you want to be close to them and cuddle and be intimate and stuff. that was just so weird to me because she acts like she is so grossed out by oscar.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ambrosia wrote:Those who potty train early, how long did it take your child to be day AND night trained though? How long did you potty train for?
i dont have kids yet but i was potty trained before 2 years old (about 1 year and a few months old) fully in the daytime. My parents put a diaper on me at night till 3 but i basically never soiled it. took maybe a week or two.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tvobaby27 wrote:I honestly think they should wait until after baby is born. Usually the toddler goes through a regression when a baby is brought into the house, and it's just not the right timing. If they didn't want 2 on diapers they shouldn't have gotten pregnant again. I do think Levi is showing signs of readiness, but kyra is bound to go into labor any day now and I just don't see them enforcing the potty training while she has a newborn. And Levi might then be confused at this point. I'd wait until the baby was at least a few weeks old, let Levi get used to her being there. That's going to be such a huge change for him, I wouldn't add the stress of potty training right now.

yeah in this case where kyra will pop any day now i have to completely agree with all you said. It might confuse him more..
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:I'm sorry but I find it soo weird that kyra says it's gross when oscar tries to cuddle her. If you love/are in love with someone don't you want to be close to them and cuddle and be intimate and stuff. that was just so weird to me because she acts like she is so grossed out by oscar.
I know right!? I can see people not liking to cuddle but to say it's gross is kind of strange. To me, they clearly aren't as in love as they might like people to believe. I've been in a loving/healthy relationship with my boyfriend for 10+ years and we still cuddle every day. Not saying if you don't cuddle you aren't in a healthy relationship but from what I see in the vlogs this isn't true love. You don't constantly throw digs at your partner like Oscar calling Kyra fat all the time or when Kyra said how ugly Oscar was once he cut his hair and about his bird nose. My boyfriend and I would never dream of hurting each others feelings like that! If they stay together I'll be surprised. But its definitely not healthy letting your child grow up watching these types of interactions thinking THIS is how two people in "love" communicate.
tvobaby27
Talker
Talker

Can someone please leave a comment of the day asking if kyra will change her ways and not throw blankets on baby girl since Jess just had a scare! Hopefully it will, but I doubt it.

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

When I was 15 I had a serious boyfriend and we were together for over 2 years. In the beginning it was good, but eventually he started to repulse me. I never wanted to cuddle. He had poor personal hygiene and I just thought it was gross to be around him.
I wonder if Kyra feels that way about Oscar.

Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Lots of people potty train commando, are you a parent? Only thing that worked for my kids! Undies would give them false security thinking it was a diaper.
ayeyae wrote:This debate about potty training is so interesting to me because of how different everyone proceeds. In my family potty training starts when the baby starts walking. And before that some light form of elimination communication (I didn't know it had a name until recently) to get them used to what's coming.

I think Kyra and Oscars know best in this topic, I don't really think we can judge based on video. My only criticism is that as usual they don't plan. I don't understand why they hadn't bought the underwear before getting started. I felt bad for Levi walking around commando. Who knows how long it was until Kyra came back from the store. It may seem trivial but babies deserve some dignity too.

dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Lovehound11 wrote:Levi probably wants to be potty trained because he is sick of staying in soiled diapers all day long because they never change his diaper

We actually only used night diapers for two weeks, then started letting kids sleep in underwear. If they had an accident we'd change the mattress protector / sheets / clothes. The kids would help us put everything in the laundry so that they made the connection. Only had 2 night time accidents after quitting night time diapers at 18 months. We generally stop water consumption / breastfeeding around 6pm, an hour before bedtime. When they were younger they used to wake me up if they had to go potty in the middle of the night, but that was pretty rare. Now that they're ages 3 and 6, if they have to go potty at night they just walk themselves over to the bathroom at night and go, then climb back into bed. No problems.

sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

For everyone curious about name reveal. It looks like they're filming it today. She tweeted about filming an exciting video and liked a tweet asking if it was the name reveal.
Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Amanda-L »

I don't think age matters when it comes to potty training. As long as the kid is ready and the parents are consistent with it. Most people I know aim for getting their child out of nappies before they start going to nursery. I couldn't imagine sending a kid off for the morning/afternoon and expecting a teacher or nurse to deal with changings. Some places here actually won't accept children if they're not potty trained. Unless there's a medical reason for it, of course.

As for Levi going comando, I've yet to meet a kid that doesn't like stripping off and running around bare arsed. I did it with my daughter (at home) when she was potty training last year. It was easier for her to make it in time if she didn't have to deal with pulling down her bottoms and knickers. There were times she didn't get there in time, but we've got wooden floors so it wasn't a big deal.

Have they just given up trying to wean Levi off the bottles he has during nap/bedtime?
Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Just saw K's latest video on her channel. Levi was cute AF! But I don't get the obsession OK has with the zoom option. I clicked out as soon as i saw the clip of her brushing! Who likes to see her brush from such a close angle? :barf:
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

I don't know why they would even bother filming the name reveal at this point.... she's due in what, 2 weeks? I would just wait until she was born. But I suppose it's an extra video that will probably bring alot of views/$$$.

sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

blahblahblahhh wrote:I don't know why they would even bother filming the name reveal at this point.... she's due in what, 2 weeks? I would just wait until she was born. But I suppose it's an extra video that will probably bring alot of views/$$$.

I also feel like the bug buddies would be mad if they didn't do a reveal video lmao :roll:
tvobaby27
Talker
Talker

sjla6993 wrote:
blahblahblahhh wrote:I don't know why they would even bother filming the name reveal at this point.... she's due in what, 2 weeks? I would just wait until she was born. But I suppose it's an extra video that will probably bring alot of views/$$$.

I also feel like the bug buddies would be mad if they didn't do a reveal video lmao :roll:
And those angry bug buddies are brutal!

Return to “OKBaby”