JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by luci417 »

If she goes home and starts practicing safe sleeping then you know her ass is guilty.
And if she doesnt you know her ass is getting a visit from CPS. I honestly think that might be for the best at this stage.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

I wonder how many times addelyn stopped breathing during those 10 hour stretches jess was bragging about. She's a fucking moron
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:Keep trying to rationalize it jess lol.

Putting a baby on their stomach puts them into a deeper sleep and that's when babies forget to breathe.

What was the point of making people watch until the end? So she could try and convince people it wasn't her fault?

If she goes home and starts practicing safe sleeping then you know her ass is guilty.

So she could make money $$$$$
She's totally guilty. Look at her eyes in that video, if you know basic psychology, you'll know she's lying. She knows she messed up. I wonder if that diagnosis is even real... or did she make it up to cover her ass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whattheactual
Informer
Informer

Unread post by whattheactual »

And everyone thought Jess suffocated her baby.
I'm not saying the way she was letting Addie sleep was the safest (i'm all for kids sleeping in safe conditions) but don't put the near death of a baby on it's mother when you weren't there and aren't the doctor examining her.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

MommaMia3 wrote:The fact that she pressed so hard on the fact that this resulted from an actual condition just proves to me that she still feels some guilt about letting Addie sleep so unsafely. Up until these results she probably thought that it was her fault

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
I thought that before but honestly she looked pretty convinced to me. Like she looked really level headed and absolutely sure of herself and now she's glad she has this excuse so people can get off her back. Now I doubt she will ever change how addie sleeps at all.

All I got from that little shoutout was "I'm Gretchen Wieners, I'm sorry people are so jealous of me but I can't help that I'm so popular"

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

She probably asked people to watch until the end because she addresses the comments and people blaming her/vaccines/sleeping patterns.
I liked the video, she seemed to understand she needs to change and even says she thought she/Addie were invincible because she has 5 kids. When you know better you do better and she acknowledges it was a huge wake up call. I am honestly not sure what else she could have said.
HereKittyKitty
Talker
Talker

Unread post by HereKittyKitty »

Central sleep apnea is what she ended up having... Which is likely even worse because Jess is putting her on her stomach (which causes something akin to apnea because the baby's brain will not wake easily. Remember when she said she sleeps through everything? It's because she's allowing her to sleep on her stomach.)
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WheresMyCoffee wrote:She probably asked people to watch until the end because she addresses the comments and people blaming her/vaccines/sleeping patterns.
I liked the video, she seemed to understand she needs to change and even says she thought she/Addie were invincible because she has 5 kids. When you know better you do better and she acknowledges it was a huge wake up call. I am honestly not sure what else she could have said.
I don't think she acknowledged she has to change at all. She said "nothing we could have done could have prevented this" like 3x
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Is it possible that Adblock does have sleep apnea? But normally she will start breathing again on her own, but this time she DIDNT because of what Jess did? Like who's to say this hasn't happened many times before and this time the unsafe sleeping prevented her from breathing again when her brain kicked in? I don't know...

roseter
Talker
Talker

Unread post by roseter »

whattheactual wrote:And everyone thought Jess suffocated her baby.
I'm not saying the way she was letting Addie sleep was the safest (i'm all for kids sleeping in safe conditions) but don't put the near death of a baby on it's mother when you weren't there and aren't the doctor examining her.
From what we have all seen, yourself included, with the tummy sleeping and blankets all but right on the baby's face, is it any wonder this is the conclusion everyone came to? I'm sure it was even at the back of Jess' mind.

And for all we know, Jess could have just gotten lucky that the sleep study picked up anything at all. She said herself that a lot of babies stop breathing in their sleep - I'm sure I've heard of this before being a reason why it's recommended babies room-in with their parents so that they hear their parents breathing and remember to breathe? I'm not saying Addie *doesn't* have sleep apnoea, but who really knows if she did actually suffocate and Jess has caught a lucky break after a coincidental finding during the sleep study.

I don't blame anyone for their thoughts. Jess has been downright careless.

ber614
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ber614 »

When she said this was reality check for her, I am hoping she means she will be more careful. I know she said it wasn't cause by her sleeping on her stomach, but I still hope just the scare is enough to encourage her to be safe. But either way I doubt we are going to see much of Addie sleeping anymore. If she is still putting her on her stomach people will rip her apart, if she puts her on her back with nothing around it will be like admitting we were right, and Jessica never admits when she is in the wrong or not perfect.

It did make me happy that they are taking a CPR class, and she even recommended all parents to take one.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sushisuni wrote:okay so I'm not a doctor and feel free to correct me but doesn't this condition make it even more dangerous for her to sleep on her stomach? like if she has one of those episodes and passes out so her face is in the blankets she'll suffocate?

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk
No you're correct. It is the same basis why infants in general shouldnt sleep on their stomachs because they dont have the muscle strength to lift their heads if they start to suffocate.
There is no denying they need to practice better sleep patterns but this probably would have happened regardless.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

This video is 10 minutes long. Ohhh...

The diagnosis: Central Sleep Apnea

Awww, Jess forgives us for saying it was because she made Addie sleep on her tummy surrounded by pillows and blankets. Hi, Jessica!!!

There might have been a moment of guilt. She said it was "a reality check" for her. I really hope it was enough of a reality check to put Addie to sleep safely. I will be so angry if she gets back into old habits.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HereKittyKitty wrote:Central sleep apnea is what she ended up having... Which is likely even worse because Jess is putting her on her stomach (which causes something akin to apnea because the baby's brain will not wake easily. Remember when she said she sleeps through everything? It's because she's allowing her to sleep on her stomach.)

Yes exactly. Part of the reason the "back is best" campaign was started was because babies fall into a lighter sleep on their back. It's bad for parents who want sleep, but safer for babies.

So I definitely still believe jess is at fault for continuing to put her down on her stomach
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

Well I'm sure that Jess will cut down on her partying nights out with Janelle until Addie turns 1
#FreeFinleyandJackson
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:She probably asked people to watch until the end because she addresses the comments and people blaming her/vaccines/sleeping patterns.
I don't think she acknowledged she has to change at all. She said "nothing we could have done could have prevented this" like 3x
I think everyone needs to separate the issues though. Yes, of course everyone agrees Jessica needs to change the sleeping practices for Addie but Addie does have sleep apnea and there is nothing anyone can do to fix that or prevent what happened to her from happening. It would have happend regardless.
So, yes there is nothing she could have done to prevent what happend. She also says it was a huge wake up call for her, which I am hoping means she will practice safe co-sleeping or put Addie in the crib with no blankets/pillows.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I dont like that she grouped us in with the anti vaccine people :/

smileyfacekimmie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by smileyfacekimmie »

Idk if it's been said but why does she keep shifting her eyes in be video ? Is it normal for her to do it?

AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

All right ... I haven't commented in quite some time but I think it's fucked up that you guys are talking so much shit about her regarding this specific thing, and the title of this thread is fucking vile.

Yes, maybe the 10 hours of sleep every night was a warning sign, because apparently if you have sleep apnea, you wake up gasping for air multiple times throughout the night and it means that your brain doesn't get the rest it needs because you're constantly being woken up out of your deep sleep. So, maybe Addie was extremely tired because of it and maybe that's why she slept a lot longer than you guys would consider normal, but I don't think there was any way for Jess to know that this was the case without knowing about sleep apnea to begin with. She probably just thought she got really lucky with a baby who's an awesome sleeper ... and I can't say I'd blame her. I would've probably thought the exact same thing.

I, for one, am fucking happy that Jess doesn't have to live with the absolute torment and heartbreak of losing a child. If Addie died from this, it would have completely traumatized the entire family. I can't imagine Jess trying to take care of her 4-6 other children every single day after that constantly having to hear from Landen, Kyson, Kaden, Lilia, Tommy, and Caden, "What happened to Addie?" ... I feel like that's something that would destroy you, let alone having a following of thousands and thousands of people who are already confused about her life story and would be constantly asking what happened to her baby or where Addie was or etc, etc.

As much as I think/know Jess should've been more careful when it came to Addie and sleeping on her stomach or having blankets or stuffed animals or pillows around her, I think Jess knows this, too, hence the, "This has been a huge reality check for me. It really has." I think deep down Jess felt guilty right up until she found out the results of the sleep study ... but the sleep study DID show that there was an abnormality and it DID show that it wasn't, in fact, Jess letting her sleep on her stomach or with blankets or pillows or toys that caused this. It would've happened regardless.

I think you guys should have just a smidgen more of empathy right now honestly. Don't be so horrible to her. She's probably already going through feelings of guilt and I'm sure she's scared as fuck about Addie sleeping from now on. I don't know how she's going to be able to sleep peacefully at night knowing she could wake up and her baby could be dead and there's absolutely nothing she could've done to prevent it.
Casse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Casse »

CypKitty wrote:It's funny how Jess advocates breatfeeding and the bond even more after this incident instead of focusing on safe sleeping practices. SMH
yeah, that's one thing that bothered me about her update video. She went on for a little there about how she just wanted to feed her baby and how she latched perfectly.

Return to “JesssFam”