JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

te4cup
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by te4cup »

If she lived in Australia and monetised the video, I'd have something to say as this sort of healthcare is free here. But she lives in America, those hospital bills seem killer. She's gotta pay for them somehow.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I had good sleeping babies. They started sleeping through the night at 1-2 months old. 8-10 hour stretches and by 4 months 12 hour stretches and I breastfed. I made sure they got lots of feedings during the day and a good nighttime routine. My babies slept swaddled and on their backs with white noise. Some babies sleep through the night. 10 hours isn't abnormal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
AnonymousSource wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Here's a clue- if you have a child and they sleep for 10 hours straight, something is wrong there.
Links to prove your point here? Because I've looked it up and EVERYTHING I've read has said absolutely nothing about there being something inherently wrong with your baby sleeping for 12 hours at a time. In fact, many, many, many baby books suggest that sleeping 12 hours through the night is SUPPOSED to happen.

You go ahead and find a link of any reputable source that says it's okay for babies to sleep on their stomach for 10 hours straight. You won't find it because they are NOT SUPPOSED TO SLEEP ON THEIR STOMACH! My god.
You are changing your story. Nobody EVER said it was OK for a baby to sleep on their stomach. We are talking about a baby sleeping 10 hours, you yourself were too. Just admit you were wrong and move on.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
AnonymousSource wrote:
Links to prove your point here? Because I've looked it up and EVERYTHING I've read has said absolutely nothing about there being something inherently wrong with your baby sleeping for 12 hours at a time. In fact, many, many, many baby books suggest that sleeping 12 hours through the night is SUPPOSED to happen.

You go ahead and find a link of any reputable source that says it's okay for babies to sleep on their stomach for 10 hours straight. You won't find it because they are NOT SUPPOSED TO SLEEP ON THEIR STOMACH! My god.
You are changing your story. Nobody EVER said it was OK for a baby to sleep on their stomach. We are talking about a baby sleeping 10 hours, you yourself were too. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

The person we are talking about here (jess) said it was fine for addelyn to sleep on her stomach so actually no..... you are wrong for defending someone who lets their baby sleep for such long stretches in unsafe sleeping practices
SamanthaLovettx
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SamanthaLovettx »

It's great they have answers and solutions to prevent this kind of incident but if she continues to sleep her on her stomach in blankets it's like she's saying it's still ok when it's not.

Grouping safe sleeping with anti vaxxers is pretty stupid though

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

All I have to say, before the fans take over this thread is I feel bad for Kaden and Addie. And yes Jess must have been scared and it sucks. But I'm still not convinced her sleeping habits have nothing to do with it.

I'll NEVER understand how anyone can use their children to make money, regardless of the situation. It's disgusting, especially capitalizing on a very bad event.
"Here's a vague IG post. Tune into my video to learn the ending ". Who does this, really?? She could have posted " Addie has sleep apnea. We are so relieved" but there is no money in that.

Go on, defend your hero.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

.[/quote]

You are changing your story. Nobody EVER said it was OK for a baby to sleep on their stomach. We are talking about a baby sleeping 10 hours, you yourself were too. Just admit you were wrong and move on.[/quote]

The person we are talking about here (jess) said it was fine for addelyn to sleep on her stomach so actually no..... you are wrong for defending someone who lets their baby sleep for such long stretches in unsafe sleeping practices[/quote]

Listen, anyone can go back and read what you wrote. You were arguing that a baby shouldnt be sleeping for 10 hours straight. You were wrong, admit it. I am not defending Jessica for letting Addie sleep on her stomach again go back and read. I have said from the very beginning she needs to practice safe sleeping habits.
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

smom12 wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:Seriously. She monetized her "Life Updates" and Drake cheating video as well... cry me a river. You are grasping at straws.
Ummm...life updates and drake cheating is WAY different than baiting viewers with vague instagram posts to watch a video regarding your baby ALMOST DYING.
Come on.

How exactly is it different? In some videos, she exploits herself and her own pain and suffering to make money from it, like Drake and the cheating, etc, and in this instance, she was exploiting her pain and Addie's near death, too? She did the same damn thing with Kaden when he got the pellet thing stuck in his ear and needed to get it removed? I don't think you understand that this is how she makes a living. If she didn't post a video and monetize it this week, people would've been wondering where she went, why she wasn't uploading her M/W/F videos as promised. She might've lost subscribers, which are the people who support her and her family. Yeah, exploiting situations on YouTube to make money off of isn't exactly what I would choose to do, but she made that decision when she was 17 and pregnant with Lilia and decided to start vlogging. She made that decision when she had more children off of the money she made from YouTube. She made that decision when she never finished school and just kept popping more kids out. She made that decision when she royally fucked up her life so hard that she probably will never be able to find a place to work that will want to hire her. So, she's left with no choice but to monetize videos, no matter their subject matter, and post them. If she doesn't, she doesn't make as much money, and the only people who really "suffer" when she doesn't make as much money is her children, and I don't think they deserve to suffer.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smom12 wrote:All I have to say, before the fans take over this thread is I feel bad for Kaden and Addie. And yes Jess must have been scared and it sucks. But I'm still not convinced her sleeping habits have nothing to do with it.

I'll NEVER understand how anyone can use their children to make money, regardless of the situation. It's disgusting, especially capitalizing on a very bad event.
"Here's a vague IG post. Tune into my video to learn the ending ". Who does this, really?? She could have posted " Addie has sleep apnea. We are so relieved" but there is no money in that.

Go on, defend your hero.

I have no idea why you are so worked up about a complete stranger, honestly. Listen, I agree with you. I could never ever in a million years make money off of my childrens privacy. All I am saying is hav some fucking empathy for another human being. JFC.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Random19 wrote:I've only heard of sleep apnea in adults, not in babies. I didn't realize it could be this serious.

I hope she's telling the truth but idk.
Lily (5 year old) from 2011teenagemom has it too. Obstructive is more common as you get old older, but centralised would occur in most cases from birth

AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

Ha, if you read my post history, you'd know you're not talking to a Jess fan, but whatever. Continue being a vile human being. That's okay, too.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
smom12 wrote:
AnonymousSource wrote: So, maybe Addie was extremely tired because of it and maybe that's why she slept a lot longer than you guys would consider normal, but I don't think there was any way for Jess to know that this was the case without knowing about sleep apnea to begin with. She probably just thought she got really lucky with a baby who's an awesome sleeper ... and I can't say I'd blame her. I would've probably thought the exact same thing.
I'm sorry but what kind of a fuckin moron thinks it's normal/lucky to have a 1 month old sleep 10 hours straight? No. no excuse for that shit. THIS IS HER FIFTH CHILD[/quote

<3 ]
adiehl24
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by adiehl24 »

So with the sleep apnea diagnosis- I'm wondering how possible it would be that while Addie was sleeping on her stomach, she might have buried her face for just a moment and effectively stopped her breathing and even if she turned her head, unblocking her airways, at this point the apnea turned off her brain from signaling her body to breathe. Jess made it quite the point to say that nothing was there to suffocate her but if she even pushed her face into the mattress for a moment and stopped breathing, with apnea it would be completely possible for Addie's brain to just not even notice and force herself to take a breath? Correct me if I'm wrong, I have no idea.

Regardless of all of that, even if this wasn't preventable as Jess says, she still has an army of people (especially younger people) under the influence that an infant sleeping on their stomach is okay. Beside the actual safety of her child, that influence on others is the biggest problem. People are really believing that there was nothing wrong and she was doing everything in her power to blatantly say she was at no fault. So irresponsible. I'm beyond glad they have a solid answer and I'm glad her daughter is okay but she really needs to learn to say "I royally fucked up".
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:.
You are changing your story. Nobody EVER said it was OK for a baby to sleep on their stomach. We are talking about a baby sleeping 10 hours, you yourself were too. Just admit you were wrong and move on.[/quote]

The person we are talking about here (jess) said it was fine for addelyn to sleep on her stomach so actually no..... you are wrong for defending someone who lets their baby sleep for such long stretches in unsafe sleeping practices[/quote]

Listen, anyone can go back and read what you wrote. You were arguing that a baby shouldnt be sleeping for 10 hours straight. You were wrong, admit it. I am not defending Jessica for letting Addie sleep on her stomach again go back and read. I have said from the very beginning she needs to practice safe sleeping habits.[/quote]

Did you also go back and read where I said "I'll give it to you"?
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

No one here wanted Addie to die or celebrated that this happened. But that fact is, while Jess didn't CAUSE her to have sleep apnea, NOTHING she has done when it comes to sleeping practices has been safe. And this could have happened whether Addie has apnea or not, that is absolutely true. But as others have said, sleeping on her stomach put her into a deeper sleep which likely contributed to the fact that Addie had such a severe episode. I want Jess to stop pretending she has no responsibility in this. I want her to stop pretending that everyone's comments were an attempt to make us feel better. She received genuine, justified criticism because she was being a negligent parent. It sounds more like she is trying to convince herself that she did nothing wrong, but she did. I hate that this happened to her and I am so happy (like everyone else) that Addie survived and won't have any long term complications from this. I can have empathy for Jess and still call her out on her shitty decisions.
Alyssamarie15431
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Alyssamarie15431 »

Bet you guys all feel like shit blaming a poor mother who almost lost her child, for somthing that she had NO control over
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

I agree that belly sleeping is stupid, Jess has treated that baby like a doll, and taken many risks with her physical safety. But I have to say, I'm actually glad that they diagnosed Addie with apnoea - purely because she will now wear a monitor while she sleeps. So, even if her mother is a freaking idiot, she has some protection. I'm sure that if they didn't find a cause, Jess would've just continued on as she was and said "it was a freak accident, no one knows what caused it"

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Soooo nothing like that is preventable?

She sounds sooooo relieved she has something to blame it on. Yes I get it, but still, YOU CAN TAKE PRECAUTIONS!

Why is she telling people no matter what you do, it can happen, sooooo everyone should just kick back and not worry since there's nothing you can do any way?

Bitch please. Now she has a Monitor which means addies gonna be facedown in her car seat asleep..

She makes it sound like the doctors said oh it's completely fine that she sleeps in your bed under the covers and face down!! Like nooo I'm sure their first questions were how does she sleep ? On her crib on her back with nothing inside it!? Or did they say oh it's jess so she's allowed to have her baby sleep face down under her comforter in-between her husband and other toddler..

Last edited by Amelia322 on Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

She has an underlying condition, yes. BUT. Because of that underlying condition, it make Ad more at risk of death if she was put on her stomach to sleep. So yes, she does carry blame for this. A lot of blame. Especially because she was warned over and over that it was dangerous.
Alyssamarie15431
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Alyssamarie15431 »

And Jess cannot help her baby flipping over onto her stomach. My daughter has been flipping onto her stomach since she was a month and a half and sleeping that way. Her pedi said that is fine as long as she puts herself on her stomach and has good head control. Clearly Addi has good head control, and she is flipping by herself.

Return to “JesssFam”