JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

literallywhat wrote:No one here wanted Addie to die or celebrated that this happened. But that fact is, while Jess didn't CAUSE her to have sleep apnea, NOTHING she has done when it comes to sleeping practices has been safe. And this could have happened whether Addie has apnea or not, that is absolutely true. But as others have said, sleeping on her stomach put her into a deeper sleep which likely contributed to the fact that Addie had such a severe episode. I want Jess to stop pretending she has no responsibility in this. I want her to stop pretending that everyone's comments were an attempt to make us feel better. She received genuine, justified criticism because she was being a negligent parent. It sounds more like she is trying to convince herself that she did nothing wrong, but she did. I hate that this happened to her and I am so happy (like everyone else) that Addie survived and won't have any long term complications from this. I can have empathy for Jess and still call her out on her shitty decisions.
This exactly. This is my point., You dont have to agree with someones choices to be a decent human being and empathize with a hard time they are going through. Nobody will ever know if the sleeping practices contributed, you can speculate until you are blue in the face. My issue is people trying to be experts when they really know nothing. I dont know, you dont know, nobody but Jess and Chris know if Addie was on her stomach or surrounded by blankets., All we can hope is that this really was a wake up call for her.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

I can't quote AnonymousSource for some odd reason, so here we go...

If there's anything Anon said that I agree with, it's that this title is awful. I even said there shouldn't be one based off this experience unless it was done tastefully. I think it was babyfox who suggested Free Addie, which would've been a helluva lot better since Addie is treated like a doll instead of a person. Nobody suggested this title and it's really in poor taste. Maybe if No Thanks to Jess were excluded, it would be fine.

I don't have kids, so I don't know how long babies are supposed to sleep. I think 10 hours seems excessive, but I have no experience and no right to say whether it is good or bad.

Now, NONE of us wanted Addie to die. We wanted Jess to get a wake up call, and it's clear she did. Whether or not that will change anything is unclear. We might all hate Jess, but we certainly don't think she deserves to lose a child.

I hope that Jess will take some precautions so it doesn't make her condition worse. Sleeping on your tummy can restrict your airways. Sleep apnea is no one's fault, but not taking precautions is. I just really hope Jess learned from this experience. That's all.

And I hate to be this person, but I don't have empathy for Jess because I don't know how it feels. Maybe a little bit of sympathy because she almost lost her daughter, but definitely not empathy.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Alyssamarie15431 wrote:And Jess cannot help her baby flipping over onto her stomach. My daughter has been flipping onto her stomach since she was a month and a half and sleeping that way. Her pedi said that is fine as long as she puts herself on her stomach and has good head control. Clearly Addi has good head control, and she is flipping by herself.
Oh my god minion go away. I'm sure you are a 14 year old that doesn't have any children. Your imaginary daughter is not rolling herself back and forth so relax
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

vonniebeth wrote:I can't quote AnonymousSource for some odd reason, so here we go...

If there's anything Anon said that I agree with, it's that this title is awful. I even said there shouldn't be one based off this experience unless it was done tastefully. I think it was babyfox who suggested Free Addie, which would've been a helluva lot better since Addie is treated like a doll instead of a person. Nobody suggested this title and it's really in poor taste. Maybe if No Thanks to Jess were excluded, it would be fine.

I don't have kids, so I don't know how long babies are supposed to sleep. I think 10 hours seems excessive, but I have no experience and no right to say whether it is good or bad.

Now, NONE of us wanted Addie to die. We wanted Jess to get a wake up call, and it's clear she did. Whether or not that will change anything is unclear. We might all hate Jess, but we certainly don't think she deserves to lose a child.

I hope that Jess will take some precautions so it doesn't make her condition worse. Sleeping on your tummy can restrict your airways. Sleep apnea is no one's fault, but not taking precautions is. I just really hope Jess learned from this experience. That's all.

And I hate to be this person, but I don't have empathy for Jess because I don't know how it feels. Maybe a little bit of sympathy because she almost lost her daughter, but definitely not empathy.
Empathy is having the ability to place yourself into the other persons situation. You dont have to know how it feels to lose or almost lose a child to know it would be life altering, devastating, something you never recover from etc...
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Amelia322 »

So jess says she wants to raise awareness but it doesn't seem like you wants to mention sleep positions and a clear sleep environment...she makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alyssamarie15431
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Alyssamarie15431 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Alyssamarie15431 wrote:And Jess cannot help her baby flipping over onto her stomach. My daughter has been flipping onto her stomach since she was a month and a half and sleeping that way. Her pedi said that is fine as long as she puts herself on her stomach and has good head control. Clearly Addi has good head control, and she is flipping by herself.
Oh my god minion go away. I'm sure you are a 14 year old that doesn't have any children. Your imaginary daughter is not rolling herself back and forth so relax
Actually I am 21, with a 15 month old and a son on the way. What do you suppose she does when Addi flips on her stomach? Stay there awake and watch every moment and flip her back everytime she flips? Do you have children? Do you know how long they sleep? My daughter sleeps from 7:30pm to 9 am every day. Over 12 hours, babies are supposed to sleep most of the day. And I'm not going to sit here and flip her everytime she flips onto her stomach
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
literallywhat wrote:No one here wanted Addie to die or celebrated that this happened. But that fact is, while Jess didn't CAUSE her to have sleep apnea, NOTHING she has done when it comes to sleeping practices has been safe. And this could have happened whether Addie has apnea or not, that is absolutely true. But as others have said, sleeping on her stomach put her into a deeper sleep which likely contributed to the fact that Addie had such a severe episode. I want Jess to stop pretending she has no responsibility in this. I want her to stop pretending that everyone's comments were an attempt to make us feel better. She received genuine, justified criticism because she was being a negligent parent. It sounds more like she is trying to convince herself that she did nothing wrong, but she did. I hate that this happened to her and I am so happy (like everyone else) that Addie survived and won't have any long term complications from this. I can have empathy for Jess and still call her out on her shitty decisions.
This exactly. This is my point., You dont have to agree with someones choices to be a decent human being and empathize with a hard time they are going through. Nobody will ever know if the sleeping practices contributed, you can speculate until you are blue in the face. My issue is people trying to be experts when they really know nothing. I dont know, you dont know, nobody but Jess and Chris know if Addie was on her stomach or surrounded by blankets., All we can hope is that this really was a wake up call for her.
I think where you and I disagree is (and maybe I'm wrong) is that yes I have empathy for her, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I hope she feels a little shitty. I hope she feels irresponsible and I hope she feels a little guilty. She didn't just make misguided or questionable choices. She made downright no debate negligent choices with that child. This is her FIFTH baby and we all know she knows what she should do and she actively made choices not to do it. And I don't think its far fetched to say that her sleeping practices impacted this incident. I'm glad Addie is okay but Jess doesn't get a pass on this at all. I feel bad for Addie. And I feel bad for the other kids. And I feel bad that Jess almost lost her daughter. But I don't feel bad that Jess is being criticized and blamed, because she should be. And just because no one has said it, Chris should feel like crap too. I'm glad he saved Addie but he has just a much responsibility to make sure Addie isn't going to suffocate in her crib.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

literallywhat wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:
I think where you and I disagree is (and maybe I'm wrong) is that yes I have empathy for her, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I hope she feels a little shitty. I hope she feels irresponsible and I hope she feels a little guilty. She didn't just make misguided or questionable choices. She made downright no debate negligent choices with that child. This is her FIFTH baby and we all know she knows what she should do and she actively made choices not to do it. And I don't think its far fetched to say that her sleeping practices impacted this incident. I'm glad Addie is okay but Jess doesn't get a pass on this at all. I feel bad for Addie. And I feel bad for the other kids. And I feel bad that Jess almost lost her daughter. But I don't feel bad that Jess is being criticized and blamed, because she should be. And just because no one has said it, Chris should feel like crap too. I'm glad he saved Addie but he has just a much responsibility to make sure Addie isn't going to suffocate in her crib.
Yes to this. Thank you... my words never come out right but you nailed it.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Actually I am 21, with a 15 month old and a son on the way. What do you suppose she does when Addi flips on her stomach? Stay there awake and watch every moment and flip her back everytime she flips? Do you have children? Do you know how long they sleep? My daughter sleeps from 7:30pm to 9 am every day. Over 12 hours, babies are supposed to sleep most of the day. And I'm not going to sit here and flip her everytime she flips onto her stomach

Did you also lie your medical marvel child that rolled all around at one month facedown in blankets like jess?
literallywhat
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by literallywhat »

Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
But you said that your daughter was rolling over since she was a month and a half. Jess was saying Addie was rolling over basically since she was born. And that is a load of crap. Addie was probably rolling because she mattress was slanted because of the two adults in the bed. Jess usually only cosleeps with one adult in the bed when she has a newborn. When she noticed that happening she should have taken steps to prevent it or purchased a cosleeper or moved addie to the crib. As well, as a newborn, swaddling addie and placing her in a crib would have prevented her from rolling over (if she actually could). I don't doubt that now addie is more comfortable sleeping on her stomach since that is what she has been allowed to due since birth.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Girl if it mean saving a baby's life I would get up a million times flipping my baby!

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't know much about central sleep apnea, but wouldn't she need a CPAP/BIPAP/ respirator at night?

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Amelia322 wrote:
Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote: Oh my god minion go away. I'm sure you are a 14 year old that doesn't have any children. Your imaginary daughter is not rolling herself back and forth so relax
Girl if it mean saving a baby's life I would get up a million times flipping my baby!

If a baby can flip by themselves it's fine in a crib with a appropriate mattress not a pillow top mattress that their face sinks into, their is a reason babies mattresses are firmer!

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Alyssamarie15431 wrote:Bet you guys all feel like shit blaming a poor mother who almost lost her child, for somthing that she had NO control over
Shut the fuck up!
Alyssamarie15431
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Alyssamarie15431 »

Oh my god minion go away. I'm sure you are a 14 year old that doesn't have any children. Your imaginary daughter is not rolling herself back and forth so relax[/quote]
Actually I am 21, with a 15 month old and a son on the way. What do you suppose she does when Addi flips on her stomach? Stay there awake and watch every moment and flip her back everytime she flips? Do you have children? Do you know how long they sleep? My daughter sleeps from 7:30pm to 9 am every day. Over 12 hours, babies are supposed to sleep most of the day. And I'm not going to sit here and flip her everytime she flips onto her stomach[/quote]

Did you also lie your medical marvel child that rolled all around at one month facedown in blankets like jess?[/quote]
As I said I talked to her pedi about her sleeping on her stomach and he said it was completely fine as long as she was rolling over by herself, which she was. And Addi is also rolling by herself. I don't agree with everything being around her like jess has, but I'm not going to say she is a terrible person, because clearly those kids are well taken care of. And Jess can not control that Addi has Sleep Apnea, and that she stopped breathing, how is she supposed to control Addis brain? I just don't get why people have to put down a family that almost lost their baby to somthing that wasn't even their fault. I'm sure she will choose more wisely on how addi sleeps now that she got a scare hopefully
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

Mimi snapchatted kaden facetiming Addie and it melted my heart.
Random19
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Random19 »

storeynyx wrote:
Random19 wrote:I've only heard of sleep apnea in adults, not in babies. I didn't realize it could be this serious.

I hope she's telling the truth but idk.
Lily (5 year old) from 2011teenagemom has it too. Obstructive is more common as you get old older, but centralised would occur in most cases from birth

But Lily has other health conditions and never had an episode like this right?
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Alyssamarie15431 wrote:

As I said I talked to her pedi about her sleeping on her stomach and he said it was completely fine as long as she was rolling over by herself, which she was. And Addi is also rolling by herself. I don't agree with everything being around her like jess has, but I'm not going to say she is a terrible person, because clearly those kids are well taken care of. And Jess can not control that Addi has Sleep Apnea, and that she stopped breathing, how is she supposed to control Addis brain? I just don't get why people have to put down a family that almost lost their baby to somthing that wasn't even their fault. I'm sure she will choose more wisely on how addi sleeps now that she got a scare hopefully
People are putting her down because they're mad about how reckless she's been. I disagree that her kids are well taken care of and I wish she would get the fuck over herself and realize she is not all knowing.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Random19 wrote:
storeynyx wrote:
Random19 wrote:I've only heard of sleep apnea in adults, not in babies. I didn't realize it could be this serious.

I hope she's telling the truth but idk.
Lily (5 year old) from 2011teenagemom has it too. Obstructive is more common as you get old older, but centralised would occur in most cases from birth

But Lily has other health conditions and never had an episode like this right?
No she hasn't
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

She's broken the number one most basic rule everyone knows with a newborn. Don't put them on their stomachs to sleep and don't put anything around them when their sleeping. No accuses!!! Who knows if this would of happened either way, but she put her child's life in danger that's a fact.

Return to “JesssFam”