JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam Part 85: The one where Addie almost died

Unread post by Ripley »

I will retract my statement about compressions on a. Beating heart is dangerous. I was CPR certified CPR certified for a number of years, and am an RN. I have not worked In a number of years due to a severe back injury a few years ago. I am Canadian and ackowledge standards may now be different. Too tired to look them up as I have. Been in hospital almost3 weeks with my five year old. We were here because he has a mass on his heart which we think is a clot. Thankfully was not a tumor! We just found out last evening that can return home tommorow and return weekly as oupatient. So happy that I Juarez had to share.yay. ! And good luck to you Chelsea as a new grad. Such a rewarding career! (And personally I do not think you sounded snobbish)
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by webby »

I'm not buying it. sleep apnea or not, you don't put a ton of fluffy shit around your sleeping baby

Sent from my 0PJA2
webby
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by webby »

j realised this is her cash cow for the March birthdays. enjoy Legoland and your shitty parties, boys

Sent from my 0PJA2
te4cup
Talker
Talker

Unread post by te4cup »

Ripley wrote:I will retract my statement about compressions on a. Beating heart is dangerous. I was CPR certified CPR certified for a number of years, and am an RN. I have not worked In a number of years due to a severe back injury a few years ago. I am Canadian and ackowledge standards may now be different. Too tired to look them up as I have. Been in hospital almost3 weeks with my five year old. We were here because he has a mass on his heart which we think is a clot. Thankfully was not a tumor! We just found out last evening that can return home tommorow and return weekly as oupatient. So happy that I Juarez had to share.yay. ! And good luck to you Chelsea as a new grad. Such a rewarding career! (And personally I do not think you sounded snobbish)
So happy your little one doesn't have a tumor! well wishes to you and your family xx
Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

My take on it is the same , a baby almost died they need a reason ,
I doubt Jessica was totally honest about her sleeping arrangements, and if she had been and they had seen the countless pics on the other thread the professionals would for sure have had a lot to say about it .

You do not put a child with no problems to sleep as she did , let alone a child with sleep issues end of .

I'm very relieved that Addie is safe and well that is a given , however the advice of countless studies on SiDS was completely ignored by Jessica and she needs to start acting in a more responsible manner and stop being a jerk
ApplePie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ApplePie »

I haven't been on this board in months, but just wanted to share the safe sleeping campaign in my state includes a book written by a doctor who accidentally suffocated his baby when the baby fell asleep on his shoulder and then he fell asleep and her face got buried in his neck. Our state advocates that your baby should never sleep on you; you should always put them down in a safe sleeping environment.

That said, I wonder if the doctors have been hammering it into Jess to stop cosleeping, stop tummy sleeping and practice safe sleeping habits and how she's taking that criticism. Personally, my son got really sick around six weeks old and was in the hospital for days, and we coslept at the time. The hospital wouldn't let us cosleep, and when the doctors gave me information about the dangers of cosleeping, I took their advice and we stopped. I'll be curious to see how much we see of Addie sleeping in the next few videos, although I wouldn't put it past Jess to do a whole video showing how the monitor works and how she attaches it to Addie and what it does when she's sleeping. And monetize it, of course.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

@ The title: The thread was filling up quicker than I could read so I just made a new one, I apologize to anyone that may have been offended or felt uncomfortable by it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

Ripley wrote:I will retract my statement about compressions on a. Beating heart is dangerous. I was CPR certified CPR certified for a number of years, and am an RN. I have not worked In a number of years due to a severe back injury a few years ago. I am Canadian and ackowledge standards may now be different. Too tired to look them up as I have. Been in hospital almost3 weeks with my five year old. We were here because he has a mass on his heart which we think is a clot. Thankfully was not a tumor! We just found out last evening that can return home tommorow and return weekly as oupatient. So happy that I Juarez had to share.yay. ! And good luck to you Chelsea as a new grad. Such a rewarding career! (And personally I do not think you sounded snobbish)
yay, fellow nurse! and dont worry, things change very quickly! there were things we were taught in our first semester of nursing school that were "out dated" by the time we got to our third and fourth semesters, and that's all within two years time. but thank you, i'm so excited i can actually call myself an RN!! i hope your son is doing well and i hope you guy have the best outcome possible! <3 keeping you in my thoughts!
chelsieross7
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chelsieross7 »

rodgerdodger wrote:@ The title: The thread was filling up quicker than I could read so I just made a new one, I apologize to anyone that may have been offended or felt uncomfortable by it

what was the original title? if you dont mind answering, i think i missed it but if it was too much to repeat dont answer, just curious
NewEnglandGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NewEnglandGirl »

pianogossiper wrote:Okay I'm late but I want to get my bit in on this whole scenario (damn time zones making me late to everythingImage)

I don't recall anyone on this board EVER saying that they wished Addie had died. Just because this is a gossip forum doesn't mean we all want the absolute worst to happen. We wanted a wake up call for Jess because the way she's been treating Addie is UNSAFE. sleeping with blankets and pillows and Landen in bed is UNSAFE, holding her up and letting the two month old baby's head flip around like a nodding dog is UNSAFE and physically placing Addie on her front to sleep and not turning her is UNSAFE.

Again, Jess has lied about basically all of her kids being advanced and more to the point has managed to catch any milestones on video. Do you really think if this two month old *~*~*wonderbaby*~*~* could roll over that we wouldn't have seen a video before? I do not believe Addie has the ability to roll herself over and even if she does, she does NOT have the head control and muscle to be able to move her head, so sleeping on her stomach still isn't safe.

Even if Addie has sleep apnea that's no excuse and no reason for us to let Jess off, because her practices have been unsafe from the minute that kid slid out of her in the bedroom. The cause of the episode may not have directly been Jess's fault, but I'll be damned if they didn't exacerbate the whole thing.

& another thing. I empathise with Jess fully. No one should lose a kid, least of all in this circumstance. But really, just because I empathise does not mean I have to change my stance and suddenly realise she's not a dick.

If someone got bullied in school and punched their bully in the face, you'd empathise with the kid for their situation but you would NOT excuse the physical retaliation.

She's monetised this whole thing on top of everything too.

I agree with everything you said but I'm sorry if a kid was being bullied and decided to retaliate I would absolutely excuse them for hitting their bully back
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Honestly, I don't think Jess told the doctors anything about how she sleeps. The doctors can ably give a differential diagnosis by the history obtained and tests, no? I mean, if she told them the truth they would have said SIDS. But maybe her lying is good because it led to all those tests.

God she is exhausting. She pisses me off because she isn't taking responsibility at all for this and still thinks she's the perfect parent who knows all. If she still lets Addie sleep on her stomach around all the blankets.....I don't even want to think about it. Just glad that baby is ok. I hope she gets Kaden some help as well. Poor little guy :-(

Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

Smom12 agreed 100% if she told them everything I'll eat my hat
kalakala
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kalakala »

Front sleeping is a sids risk. They sleep deeper on their front so if they have this defect it makes it harder for them to wake themselves up. The hospital will have told her this. The deeper the sleep the more chance their brain will forget to breath. This is what a young baby sleeping through is dangerous
kalakala
Talker
Talker

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by kalakala »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
JustBeingCurious wrote:SIDS and sleep apnea are very different things,apnea is not the same as SIDS.

Sleep apnea = pauses in breath
Not very different things as jess' doctors were straight up telling her addelyn had sleep apnea and she experienced "aborted sids"
Sleep apnea causes sids when the body does not lick start breathing at the last minute.

The sids risk is increased by formula, front sleeping, parent smoking, sleeping in another room, being premature, sleeping long stretches.

All of those things either effect lungs or how we sleep. A lot of babies who pass away through sids will have had apnea but as jess said it's not tested for so after the death you can't detect it.
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

I have coslept with five of my children. They don't have blankets all around them though. I also never put them to sleep on their backs after one of my children nearly choked to death on his own vomit. I lossely swaddle and lay them on their side. They will sometimes naturally go to their back but rarely have they ever gone on their front while asleep. I would likely place them back on their side if they did.
I think Jess should stop the blanket thing. It gives me the heeby jeebies but there are ways to safely co sleep.
emma101
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emma101 »

People keep mentioning Kaden... what happened? Has he been really effected by this?

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

Part of me wonders if Jess is really just this dumb.
She has a following of almost half a million people, most of them being teen moms, or preteens who want to be moms, and she doesn't even TOUCH on the subject of safe sleeping.
If I just heard her admit, "putting Addie to sleep on her stomach with blankets was wrong, and I know it could have possibly aggravated her problem, and I know not to do it again." I would seriously send her an apology letter. But no. She doesn't even touch on it and instead just passes the blame off.
YES her kid almost died from sleep apnea, and that's horrible but I'm glad it's something that can be managed fairly easily, but that does not change the fact she has been endangering her daughter from day 1.
News flash Jessica, Addie is not exempt from danger just because she's your 5th child. In fact she's even more at danger because you keep shooting kids out from between your legs every 2 years and can't keep up with anything.
STOP leaving Addie in your bed alone, STOP putting blankets all around her face, and for the love of god stop thinking your breast milk can cure anything and that if makes your kid so dam advanced.
Also stop saying she can roll over because she can't, get over yourself.

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I wonder if jess is sitting there reading this thread and saying "MUAHAHAHA dance puppets dance!"

And Honestly I'm not saying that anyone here actually said that they wished addie would die but I think *some* posters kind of relished this incident just so they could hop on their soapbox and scream "I told you so!!". Like I didn't get a sense of concern for the baby but more of enjoyment for jess fucking up so majorly. Again, just some posters, not all and not the majority.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

literallywhat wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:
literallywhat wrote:No one here wanted Addie to die or celebrated that this happened. But that fact is, while Jess didn't CAUSE her to have sleep apnea, NOTHING she has done when it comes to sleeping practices has been safe. And this could have happened whether Addie has apnea or not, that is absolutely true. But as others have said, sleeping on her stomach put her into a deeper sleep which likely contributed to the fact that Addie had such a severe episode. I want Jess to stop pretending she has no responsibility in this. I want her to stop pretending that everyone's comments were an attempt to make us feel better. She received genuine, justified criticism because she was being a negligent parent. It sounds more like she is trying to convince herself that she did nothing wrong, but she did. I hate that this happened to her and I am so happy (like everyone else) that Addie survived and won't have any long term complications from this. I can have empathy for Jess and still call her out on her shitty decisions.
This exactly. This is my point., You dont have to agree with someones choices to be a decent human being and empathize with a hard time they are going through. Nobody will ever know if the sleeping practices contributed, you can speculate until you are blue in the face. My issue is people trying to be experts when they really know nothing. I dont know, you dont know, nobody but Jess and Chris know if Addie was on her stomach or surrounded by blankets., All we can hope is that this really was a wake up call for her.
I think where you and I disagree is (and maybe I'm wrong) is that yes I have empathy for her, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, but I hope she feels a little shitty. I hope she feels irresponsible and I hope she feels a little guilty. She didn't just make misguided or questionable choices. She made downright no debate negligent choices with that child. This is her FIFTH baby and we all know she knows what she should do and she actively made choices not to do it. And I don't think its far fetched to say that her sleeping practices impacted this incident. I'm glad Addie is okay but Jess doesn't get a pass on this at all. I feel bad for Addie. And I feel bad for the other kids. And I feel bad that Jess almost lost her daughter. But I don't feel bad that Jess is being criticized and blamed, because she should be. And just because no one has said it, Chris should feel like crap too. I'm glad he saved Addie but he has just a much responsibility to make sure Addie isn't going to suffocate in her crib.
No I totally agree! This is what I have ben trying to explain to the others but you did it much better! You can have empathy for Jess and still not agree with her decisions! You can even hope she has been scared shitless into changing her habits... but at the end of the day from a mom to another mom you should also be able to recognize she just went through every mothers worst nightmare.
mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

Any minions want to defend this?
Or this?
Or this?
Or this, only an hour or two before she stopped breathing?

No one is saying Jess caused the apnea, but she sure as hell made the condition worse due to poor sleep safety. I honestly cannot believe ANYONE is excusing her for this. Come on minions, come and defend her!
You could tell how guilty just from her eye movements. My son has Tourettes and her eyes looked like she has tics, moving all over the place and she couldn't look straight on. I'm not going to try and defend her in any way or form, I'm going to join the bitch crew with smom.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Return to “JesssFam”