Steps to Wander

NCSUchick27
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by NCSUchick27 »

I think it's weird that Corbin is in SoCal with Bryan, and not at the baby shower. I know that traditionally guys don't go to baby showers, but all of the baby showers that I have been to in the last few years have been coed and included the father. I just assumed he would be going to the shower.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

I found it immature that she's doing a "girls night" in the hotel with Missy when she's is Boise where her family is. They couldn't do a girl's night at her moms house? What are they 16 needing to having their time away from the family.

In August I went to my close friend from high schools wedding. I went by myself, and guess what, if I wanted to spend time with my friend I went according to her plans. We hung out with her family, didn't hide from them. It's just disrespectful of Kelsey and Missy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Nothankyou wrote:I found it immature that she's doing a "girls night" in the hotel with Missy when she's is Boise where her family is. They couldn't do a girl's night at her moms house? What are they 16 needing to having their time away from the family.

In August I went to my close friend from high schools wedding. I went by myself, and guess what, if I wanted to spend time with my friend I went according to her plans. We hung out with her family, didn't hide from them. It's just disrespectful of Kelsey and Missy.

Some people get along better with their family in small doses. Kelsey doesn't see Missy much either, and she'll see her family plenty. I would personally go crazy spending the night at my parents' house and seeing them constantly for just a few days. Different strokes for different folks!
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

This might sound far fetched but what is the chance of corbin flying to bryans getting a car then driving to boise and then picking up kelsey and all the gifts then driving back

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Didnt cassie just buy a new car too?

Yep-- that's why I was thinking the Prius. She just got a new car, so unless they traded it in, it's up for grabs right now.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think it's definitely telling that they go out of their way to see the Lannings more than they see any family members. Maybe it's because I'm close to my parents, but it would kill me to be so far away and if I got a rare weekend with my mom I would savor it. They didn't see any family over the Christmas holiday, and only went to Idaho to quickly retrieve all the stuff their parents had kindly stored for them. Doing the gender reveal with Missy and Bryan was an odd move. Although I have said before that both Corbin and Kelsey seem self-involved enough that they would choose who they spend time with based on who can do the most for them. Their parents bought them a few baby gifts, but the Lannings have the ability to give them a car and subsidize their entire existence.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I think it's definitely telling that they go out of their way to see the Lannings more than they see any family members. Maybe it's because I'm close to my parents, but it would kill me to be so far away and if I got a rare weekend with my mom I would savor it. They didn't see any family over the Christmas holiday, and only went to Idaho to quickly retrieve all the stuff their parents had kindly stored for them. Doing the gender reveal with Missy and Bryan was an odd move. Although I have said before that both Corbin and Kelsey seem self-involved enough that they would choose who they spend time with based on who can do the most for them. Their parents bought them a few baby gifts, but the Lannings have the ability to give them a car and subsidize their entire existence.
Yes, I thought it was weird that they chose to spend Christmas/Corbin's birthday alone in Portland rather than stay an extra few days with family. It's not like they had to rush back to Portland for anything. It would be really shitty if they are picking the Lannings over their own families because B&M have money and YT connections and basically support them. That kind of "friendship" is really unhealthy and typically doesn't end well.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I think it's definitely telling that they go out of their way to see the Lannings more than they see any family members. Maybe it's because I'm close to my parents, but it would kill me to be so far away and if I got a rare weekend with my mom I would savor it. They didn't see any family over the Christmas holiday, and only went to Idaho to quickly retrieve all the stuff their parents had kindly stored for them. Doing the gender reveal with Missy and Bryan was an odd move. Although I have said before that both Corbin and Kelsey seem self-involved enough that they would choose who they spend time with based on who can do the most for them. Their parents bought them a few baby gifts, but the Lannings have the ability to give them a car and subsidize their entire existence.
Yes, I thought it was weird that they chose to spend Christmas/Corbin's birthday alone in Portland rather than stay an extra few days with family. It's not like they had to rush back to Portland for anything. It would be really shitty if they are picking the Lannings over their own families because B&M have money and YT connections and basically support them. That kind of "friendship" is really unhealthy and typically doesn't end well.
Yep, there are most likely strings and expectations attached. They try to come off nice and friendly on camera, but Missy and Bryan like to "own" anyone on their payroll and I wouldn't be surprised if they test people's loyalty. Kelsey and Corbin haven't exactly been playing along- they let Missy host the gender reveal party, but it sounds like Kelsey passed on the big extravagant baby shower in favor of something small in Idaho. Notice how Bryan said Missy was flying out to help with Kelsey's shower, not attend Kelsey's baby shower as a guest. I don't think she wanted to give up control of the day and couldn't quite let someone else host. And they didn't attend Bryan's bizarre release party/birthday party he threw for himself with no real explanation for why they couldn't attend except they didn't really feel like it. Either the day will come when Daily Bumps is no longer commanding the kind of income it is now and Kelsey and Corbin won't be able to rely on them anymore, or they will have a falling out. Either way, they're not particularly self-reliant.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That baby shower wasn't what I was expecting at all. Maybe Kelsey didn't film enough of it, or it was really small and short. She didn't even open presents there? It would have been nice if she introduced some of the people who where there. It didn't even seem like Corbin's mom was there. From the table shots, it seemed to be just Kelsey's mom and sister, a woman who looks like an aunt, Missy and two other friends.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's pretty unusual for one of the grandmothers to be absent at the shower if she lives in Idaho. You'd think if you're planning an intimate affair it would be easy enough to find a weekend that would work for both families. But then again, planning to be flying for your shower after 35 weeks is pretty unusual.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I can't understand why Bryan paid for Corbin's flight to CA so they could spend the weekend together and watch the Superbowl? First of all, that's barely a $300 flight round trip if you book with a budget airline. Why would an adult with a child on the way need his friends to spot him $300 for a flight? Second, Bryan and Corbin don't seem to be particularly close. What could they have possibly done with three days together? They would run out of things to say in the first five minutes, and neither of them watch football.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

I loved Kelsey and Corbin's nursery closet thing. It turned out so beautiful. It made me convinced that if I were to get pregnant now my husband and I would have a place to put the child with some creative planning. However, I'm still not convinced that chair will be comfortable for Kelsey in a few months and I fear the juniper name poster will be destroyed by that bathroom door one day lol.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PopTheButterfly wrote:I loved Kelsey and Corbin's nursery closet thing. It turned out so beautiful. It made me convinced that if I were to get pregnant now my husband and I would have a place to put the child with some creative planning. However, I'm still not convinced that chair will be comfortable for Kelsey in a few months and I fear the juniper name poster will be destroyed by that bathroom door one day lol.

A few commenters pointed out that the framed prints above the crib are a hazard. I don't have kids, but it makes sense, especially once the baby is old enough to pull up and reach the frames. I'm not sure why you would have anything within reach that you wouldn't want the baby to pull down on herself. I like the felt flower mobile, but the personified animals with flower crowns are creepy to me. I wouldn't like the fact that I would have no closet space for my own clothes, but I have work clothes that need to be hung on hangers so I'm not a wrinkled mess at the office.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

HashtagBlessed wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:I loved Kelsey and Corbin's nursery closet thing. It turned out so beautiful. It made me convinced that if I were to get pregnant now my husband and I would have a place to put the child with some creative planning. However, I'm still not convinced that chair will be comfortable for Kelsey in a few months and I fear the juniper name poster will be destroyed by that bathroom door one day lol.

A few commenters pointed out that the framed prints above the crib are a hazard. I don't have kids, but it makes sense, especially once the baby is old enough to pull up and reach the frames. I'm not sure why you would have anything within reach that you wouldn't want the baby to pull down on herself. I like the felt flower mobile, but the personified animals with flower crowns are creepy to me.
True it's hazardous I'm just hoping they take those down if it becomes an issue. I've seen so many people, not just vloggers, putting pictures and decorations above the crib that I'm just like "whatever it's your child". Personally I wouldn't do it because I've had a ton of things above my bed fall on my face at night, but I think that's just something people are going to do until it harms their child. I thought the flower crown mobile was cute but I thought the woodland critters would be more representative of them and Paris instead of a deer representing her innocence lol.

melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

They basically just put together several Ikea baskets, a basket drawer, a Amazon mini crib, several pieces of art, and a piece of cloth in a closet and call it a nursery nook.... LOL... If Kelsey created all the art pieces herself is one thing, but she just bought them off Etsy. The finished product just does not live up to the hype they created.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

melonyogloo wrote:They basically just put together several Ikea baskets, a basket drawer, a Amazon mini crib, several pieces of art, and a piece of cloth in a closet and call it a nursery nook.... LOL... If Kelsey created all the art pieces herself is one thing, but she just bought them off Etsy. The finished product just does not live up to the hype they created.
I think they could have done more but it looks adorable to me. Idk I've hit that baby fever stage and everything baby related is kind of tugging at some primal part of me that keeps reminding me of my biological clock. I'm probably not the best person to be judging whether the nursery was cute or not lol.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

melonyogloo wrote:They basically just put together several Ikea baskets, a basket drawer, a Amazon mini crib, several pieces of art, and a piece of cloth in a closet and call it a nursery nook.... LOL... If Kelsey created all the art pieces herself is one thing, but she just bought them off Etsy. The finished product just does not live up to the hype they created.
That's kind of what I was thinking too. The most work they did was painting part of one small wall and hammer in a few nails (those IKEA baskets come assembled, we have several - and they do have a weird smell at first). Kelsey mentioned back during the van trip that she wanted to paint to make them some extra money on the road, but did she actually paint anything? She made it seem like she was a bit of any artist/painter, but I've never seen any of her work.

The nook is cute, but so, so, so small and definitely lacking storage. And, really, where are their clothes?
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

At least they actually had woodland creatures... I thought the nursery was cute, yeah, they just put Ikea furniture and paint together, but it doesn't make it any less cute. I thought it actually represented them, especially the mobile. I do agree the frames are a hazard, but saying they are creeping it's a bit mean for the artist who actually spent time creating them.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ughpleasee wrote:At least they actually had woodland creatures... I thought the nursery was cute, yeah, they just put Ikea furniture and paint together, but it doesn't make it any less cute. I thought it actually represented them, especially the mobile. I do agree the frames are a hazard, but saying they are creeping it's a bit mean for the artist who actually spent time creating them.
I guess I just fail to see what an anthropomorphised deer or raccoon or bear posing like a human in a flower crown has to do with a nature theme. It's unsettling. These are wild animals. The deer is innocent? The raccoon is playful? The bear is wise? The like to call themselves nature lovers because they like flower crowns and camped in Walmart parking lots and they're willing to go for a hike if a cell phone company sponsors a video. Maybe I'm still giving them side-eye for planning to take their child to an herbalist instead of a doctor. They both seem to live in this strange "woodland creature" fantasy world, except they're supposed to be adults.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

OT but Corbin's hair is so ugly right now. The curles at the back are terrible. I'm sure Kelsey thinks they are cute but they just look so greasy & gross to me.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”