JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

If you're going by the "could have" happened argument, then it "could" happen to any baby since all babies experience momentary apnea.

Sure it "could have" happened sleeping on her back. I wouldn't be side eyeing her at all if that were the case.

However jess posted a facedown picture right before the incident, which fully makes me believe her sleeping position directly contributed to the prolonged pause in breathing.

I don't know why people defending jess think they're going to change anyone's minds on here.
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by AnonymousSource »

Kryptonite wrote:I don't think a title including "where Addie almost died" is any better. We'll think of something better later.
I was playing off the episode names of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. "The one where Addie almost died." Idk, I thought it was a lot more tasteful, but whatever.
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Omg.. Wow. You people are something else. "Defending Jess" ... Uhhh, where did I ever say Jess is a dam gud mom? I literally just called her a fucking idiot... Lmfao, in what world are you living in that you think we're defending Jess?
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Kryptonite wrote:I don't think a title including "where Addie almost died" is any better. We'll think of something better later.
Exactly my thoughts! As per usual you and I are on the same page about everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Can you not see the difference between a title that states Addie almost died versus a title that's basically saying Jess is the reason Addie almost died? ..

Again, we're not arguing the stupidity of Jess here. We all agree on that. But it's not like she purposely suffocated her baby and stood there and watched and didn't call 911.. Like, she supposedly asked Chris to go check on her. Without Jess, Addie probably would be dead right now. Without Jess, Addie wouldn't even BE alive right now. Jesus Christ.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Technically, without the both of them she wouldn't be alive. Sperm and egg...?

And if it wasn't for Jess.... ugh. I'm not even going to bother wasting my breath. Think what you want. Just stop already.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

If I bring brownies can I come too?
mrsbarnaby
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mrsbarnaby »

blackroses wrote:If I bring brownies can I come too?
Definitely! I don't drink so I'll take brownies! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

blackroses wrote:If I bring brownies can I come too?
YES but make sure they are the "good" brownies. *wink*

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

In the past 25 years SIDS has dropped due to the fact of the change in sleep positions. If sleep apnea is a what her doctor says SIDS probably is, then we will assume the proper sleep positions help prevent the sleep apnea. Back is best because statistics point to that fact.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

AnonymousSource wrote:Omg.. Wow. You people are something else. "Defending Jess" ... Uhhh, where did I ever say Jess is a dam gud mom? I literally just called her a fucking idiot... Lmfao, in what world are you living in that you think we're defending Jess?

You don't have to call her a damn good mom to be defending her actions. You're bending over backwards to say it "could have happened" to anyone even though there's tons of evidence supporting the fact that jess putting her down on her stomach most likely contributed to it.
AnonymousSource
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
AnonymousSource wrote:Omg.. Wow. You people are something else. "Defending Jess" ... Uhhh, where did I ever say Jess is a dam gud mom? I literally just called her a fucking idiot... Lmfao, in what world are you living in that you think we're defending Jess?

You don't have to call her a damn good mom to be defending her actions. You're bending over backwards to say it "could have happened" to anyone even though there's tons of evidence supporting the fact that jess putting her down on her stomach most likely contributed to it.
Defending her actions.... Uh, by saying she's an idiot for the way she let Addie sleep, but that it could have actually happened regardless? Yeah, sure sounds like I'm defending her. :roll: :roll:
kellynicole
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kellynicole »

chelsieross7 wrote:for whoever asked earlier, cpr is for if your heart stops and should not be started on someone that has a heart beat. however, by pressing on the chest you are forcing the lungs to imitate breathing, which can force air inside and trigger the response to start breathing again. or at the very least, force a small amount of oxygen into the body. so, while chris could have hurt addie if her heart was still beating (which i'm assuming he didn't check so who knows if it was beating or not) given the situation, it's good that he did start cpr because i think the potential risk for addie was far outweighed by the benefit of getting some air in her lungs. plus, who knows if she would've started breathing on her own had chris not given her that extra boost.

also, FOR THOSE ARGUING THE STOMACH SLEEPING BEING RELATED TO HER SLEEP APNEA, PLEASE READ! i just wanna break this down for a little for those who might not be sure how breathing/apnea/new borns work.
first off, pretty much all new borns are born with natural periods of apnea lasting from 10-30 seconds that they gradually grow out of as they exit the new born phase. so while addie was "diagnosed with sleep apnea" that's really not much of a diagnosis. it's more like the doctors way of saying her body hasn't quite developed past that stage yet, which is still totally normal at her age it's just not an actual "medical problem". they can't really "diagnose" that at such a young age since it's a natural phenomenon for infants.
the urge to breath is physiologically triggered by the amount of oxygen being taken in. so, your body will naturally adjusts it's breaths based on how much oxygen you are getting (more oxygen = slower breaths, less oxygen = more breaths) sleep apnea often lasts in episodes of 10-30 or so seconds, which means that your brain is being deprived of oxygen during that time. this deprivation is what helps trigger your body to start breathing again. however, prolonged episodes of oxygen deprivation does damage brain cells and can slow the bodies response. in cases where babies "suffocate" from their apnea, it's most likely caused by the environment not being ideal for them to return to spontaneous respirations. they'd have to have stopped breathing from the apnea, then had an external cause preventing them from getting air once they start breathing again. for example, say a grown adult (or even just slightly older child) has an episode of apnea, they their brain is going to take much longer than 30 seconds for damage to occur, and if in those few seconds without oxygen, they bury their face in a pillow or blanket and obstruct their airway, then by the time they start breathing again, they will still have the ability and strength to move themselves from that position before any harm is done to the brain. apnea is natural in infants however their bodies don't quite have the strength/physiological maturity to respond to the oxygen they are or arent getting. so if a baby has an episode of apnea and in that time their face gets buried and obstructs their airway, they have much less time before the oxygen deprivation actually starts killing brain cells, and no strength to actually clear themselves from the physical obstruction. within seconds, they are not just obstructed from breathing, but the bodies natural trigger to increase respiratory effort is shut off. so it goes from natural apnea which resolves only to meet an accidental obstruction, and the obstruction then leads to the brain panicking to breath, getting no oxygen, and eventually shutting off that trigger to keep breathing, leading to suffocation. babies brains are much smaller and have much less time before they clunk out.
so, my point is, i can't imagine that addie being in that serious of a condition was simply caused by the natural apnea. what could have happened was, she had an episode of apnea, had a blanket in her face, by the time she started to breath again she couldn't because either there was a blanket in her way or she was on her stomach and in an awkward angle that made it hard to get air in which caused her body attempt to increase its respiratory rate to try to get more oxygen, which didn't work because her airway was obstructed, and within minutes (probably more like seconds) she had been oxygen deprived for over a minute (let's say a 30 second natural apneic period followed by 30 sec physical obstruction) which caused the natural response to try to breath to shut off, causing the suffocation to go back to being physiological instead of physical. this CAN happen to any baby, however, it's best to do what you can as a parent to prevent it. as in, have them sleep on their backs with no blankets or toys around that can fall and cover their face. and don't turn them on their stomachs because that can "kink" the air way and make it that much more difficult to start breathing again.
of course, it COULD have been just a "freak accident" and addie very well could have been sleeping on her back with nothing around her. but based on what i know about how the bodies breathing mechanisms work and the fact that jess has never posted a picture of addie sleeping in a safe way, i find it very hard to believe. i think jess just wasn't doing what she could to keep addie as safe as possible. basically what i'm saying is yes addie probably does have apea, but it would be pretty unlikely that that alone caused this to happen as almost all babies naturally have apea and that is why you implement safety measures to prevent anything serious coming from the apnea (something jess failed to do). so, this is and isn't completely jess's fault, she definitely should have been less careless and theres no reason that addie's apnea shouldve gotten to this point. the severity of it was preventable to a degree.

i really hope that this made sense, it was kind of hard to type out and i'm not gonna fully proof read cause i literally just spent like 30 min typing this out and that's already way too much time and thought haha. i am a registered nurse (i actually just passed the NCLEX February 1st, so i am newly licensed! go me!) but i've been a nursing student for the last 2 years and I've been working as a licensed practical nurse for almost a year now and i just renewed my CPR, ACLS, and PALS certifications in december, so this isnt just what i got off of some google search or something. it's stuff i've learned in school, work, and clinicals.
YES. This was a great explanation, thank you so much for posting!!

emloha_91
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emloha_91 »

All this talk of cookies and brownies made me hungry.. I can't quite believe Landen is turning 3 & the twins are turning 5! Will they be going to school soon? I don't understand how school work in the US sorry!
'Sometimes, I pretend to be normal, but it gets boring, so I just go back to being me.. ♥'
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Addie Is Alive (No Thanks To Jess) Pt. 85

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
smom12 wrote:
AnonymousSource wrote: So, maybe Addie was extremely tired because of it and maybe that's why she slept a lot longer than you guys would consider normal, but I don't think there was any way for Jess to know that this was the case without knowing about sleep apnea to begin with. She probably just thought she got really lucky with a baby who's an awesome sleeper ... and I can't say I'd blame her. I would've probably thought the exact same thing.
I'm sorry but what kind of a fuckin moron thinks it's normal/lucky to have a 1 month old sleep 10 hours straight? No. no excuse for that shit. THIS IS HER FIFTH CHILD
:?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Oh my god minion go away. I'm sure you are a 14 year old that doesn't have any children. Your imaginary daughter is not rolling herself back and forth so relax
Actually I am 21, with a 15 month old and a son on the way. What do you suppose she does when Addi flips on her stomach? Stay there awake and watch every moment and flip her back everytime she flips? Do you have children? Do you know how long they sleep? My daughter sleeps from 7:30pm to 9 am every day. Over 12 hours, babies are supposed to sleep most of the day. And I'm not going to sit here and flip her everytime she flips onto her stomach[/quote]

Did you also lie your medical marvel child that rolled all around at one month facedown in blankets like jess?[/quote]

Lie? Do you mean lay?
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

AnonymousSource wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:

Defending her actions.... Uh, by saying she's an idiot for the way she let Addie sleep, but that it could have actually happened regardless? Yeah, sure sounds like I'm defending her. :roll: :roll:

You asked how it sounds like you're defending jess and I answered your question. If you choose to deny that and roll your eyes then that's cool, but just letting you know how you're coming across to others. It is defending her actions by saying it could have happened to anyone because it's taking all the blame off of her for this incident.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Oh my god minion go away. I'm sure you are a 14 year old that doesn't have any children. Your imaginary daughter is not rolling herself back and forth so relax
Actually I am 21, with a 15 month old and a son on the way. What do you suppose she does when Addi flips on her stomach? Stay there awake and watch every moment and flip her back everytime she flips? Do you have children? Do you know how long they sleep? My daughter sleeps from 7:30pm to 9 am every day. Over 12 hours, babies are supposed to sleep most of the day. And I'm not going to sit here and flip her everytime she flips onto her stomach

Did you also lie your medical marvel child that rolled all around at one month facedown in blankets like jess?[/quote]

Lie? Do you mean lay?[/quote]

Lol! You know you're petty when you start grammar policing pages that are 3+ pages back.
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

Guys, it's lunchtime where I am. I'm now finding cookies and milk more appetizing than something nutritious. :lol:

I have to go to class soon. Enjoy those cookies, milk, brownies, pizza, and wine while I'm gone.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Alyssamarie15431 wrote:
Actually I am 21, with a 15 month old and a son on the way. What do you suppose she does when Addi flips on her stomach? Stay there awake and watch every moment and flip her back everytime she flips? Do you have children? Do you know how long they sleep? My daughter sleeps from 7:30pm to 9 am every day. Over 12 hours, babies are supposed to sleep most of the day. And I'm not going to sit here and flip her everytime she flips onto her stomach

Lie? Do you mean lay?[/quote]

Seriously bro? Have a brownie. Accept she fucked up and move on. JFC.

Return to “JesssFam”