tnchk1187
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

staceyeileen wrote:"You are a nice boy, but sometimes we get a little bad..."

Poor Jackson. That is one of my pet peeves when I hear parents calling their children bad.
That bothered me too. I have a 3 year old that can be a handful. I always tell her to be sweet... I wouldn't tell her she was bad. Maybe grumpy? Bad doesn't even address what behavior she wasn't happy with. Poor guy he's going to think he's bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Hm, it's kind of strange that she's starting him just a few months from the end of the school year. Did she just now realize this is a way to get rid of him?

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Hold the f^#% up. I am so confused. In Ellie's preschool haul...did she not say she's going to work on these things with him until the end of the summer and then judge if she's going to send him to school in the fall?? And now suddenly in the vlog, he's starting school tomorrow?? (Or today, I guess.) Am I losing my mind here or what?!

I get Ellie tearing up about Jackson starting school, I think that's pretty normal to do (and I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see some emotion coming from Ellie having to do with Jackson). BUT, Jackson just turned 3. You don't start preschool when you're 3, and certainly not in the middle of February. If Jackson is getting sent anywhere, he will be sent to daycare which may hold some educational value, which pisses me off. I don't even want to get into the fact that they have nothing but time on their hands, and that anything he's going to learn there he could easily be taught at home (even by Ellie).

Am I wrong here? Someone please tell me I missed something. FFS

Nope. I had the same thought but didn't want it to turn into a debate about SAHMs vs Daycare.

Plus he isn't fully potty trained yet.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

blahblahblahhh wrote:Hm, it's kind of strange that she's starting him just a few months from the end of the school year. Did she just now realize this is a way to get rid of him?

Thank you, that's what I just said as well. Something is extremely fishy, and this time, it's not Ellie's vag.
NYNY07
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NYNY07 »

Poor Jackson. That is one of my pet peeves when I hear parents calling their children bad.
Yeah I do not say my children are bad. Also, can they show him being "bad". It would make it more believable because that kid seems like an angel.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote: Nope. I had the same thought but didn't want it to turn into a debate about SAHMs vs Daycare.

Yes! The potty training thing as well, thank you! I meant to add that.
Good, I'm glad I'm not losing my shit lmao. But at the same time, wtf? I demand an explanation from them lol.

And, just to be clear, I don't have anything against daycare at all. If it's necessary. I think it's awesome that daycare is an option for moms who work. The thing that upsets me is that Jackson has not one, but TWO stay at home parents. He should be starting preschool, not daycare, when he's 4. It's ridiculous.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Nope. I had the same thought but didn't want it to turn into a debate about SAHMs vs Daycare.

Good, I'm glad I'm not losing my shit lmao. But at the same time, wtf? I demand an explanation from them lol.

And, just to be clear, I don't have anything against daycare at all. If it's necessary. I think it's awesome that daycare is an option for moms who work. The thing that upsets me is that Jackson has not one, but TWO stay at home parents. He should be starting preschool, not daycare, when he's 4. It's ridiculous.
And even if she just wanted to socialize him in a daycare, she should try MDO or whatever little school thing Gaines goes to (is that MDO? I forgot and I'm too lazy to go back through the vlogs lol). I mean, I get wanting to socialize children when you're a SAH parent because in my opinion it's a great idea and I want to look into it when I have kids. But the timing just seems weird.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

PopTheButterfly wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:

And even if she just wanted to socialize him in a daycare, she should try MDO or whatever little school thing Gaines goes to (is that MDO? I forgot and I'm too lazy to go back through the vlogs lol). I mean, I get wanting to socialize children when you're a SAH parent because in my opinion it's a great idea and I want to look into it when I have kids. But the timing just seems weird.

Plus be honest maybe? This is like the play date thing all over again.... only worse IMO.
fleurdeface
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by fleurdeface »

The part that confused me the most is she filmed the haul video and then suddenly decided to send him to school/daycare before the haul video was posted. Why did they post the haul video?

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk
js215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by js215 »

Eh I think there's a difference between saying "you're bad" and "you're acting badly"/"you're doing bad things". I agree you should never label a child as "bad" but it's okay to tell them that what they're doing isn't okay. I don't pay attention to this, so maybe Ellie has done this before but this instance doesn't seem terrible.

I'm just gonna say, Jackson's haircut looks freaking horrible. "I think we've could've blended it a little more" YOU DONT SAY. haha maybe it's just not my style...o prefer the same length all over for my son.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Jackson is definitely at the age where he's establishing his independence and wants to have more control. He's going to question his parent's authority and want to make some decisions for himself. He has a really cute personality and I think this is a delightful and challenging stage, but it's the beginning of the end for a narcissistic parent who only wants her children to exist as an extension of herself. It would definitely explain why Ellie is ready for baby #3.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

Mayne this is a regional thing, but where I live (FL) it's totally normal for a 3 year old to go to preschool. There are several places that do part-time for that age, like Mon-Wed-Fri 9a-12pm or something like that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

staceyeileen wrote:Mayne this is a regional thing, but where I live (FL) it's totally normal for a 3 year old to go to preschool. There are several places that do part-time for that age, like Mon-Wed-Fri 9a-12pm or something like that.
We have that here as well, but they need to be 100% potty trained, and intake is in Sept or January. You can't just start mid-season.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

Okay.... just a thought.... My daughter received services through Early Intervention. (speech and OT) This continued until she was 3 then her services were transferred to our public school system. She began preschool just after her birthday (in January) and it was run like a typical pre-school and she was also pulled out for her speech and OT. The preschool was half day, 3 hours per day. I believe this is the rule/law in all states.... Early Intervention is only until 3 then the schools take over. Curious if he was evaluated for anything after his 3 year check-up, or if he was receiving any services at home through EI, and now needs to attend preschool to get his services.
jaieao
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jaieao »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Hold the f^#% up. I am so confused. In Ellie's preschool haul...did she not say she's going to work on these things with him until the end of the summer and then judge if she's going to send him to school in the fall?? And now suddenly in the vlog, he's starting school tomorrow?? (Or today, I guess.) Am I losing my mind here or what?!

I get Ellie tearing up about Jackson starting school, I think that's pretty normal to do (and I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see some emotion coming from Ellie having to do with Jackson). BUT, Jackson just turned 3. You don't start preschool when you're 3, and certainly not in the middle of February. If Jackson is getting sent anywhere, he will be sent to daycare which may hold some educational value, which pisses me off. I don't even want to get into the fact that they have nothing but time on their hands, and that anything he's going to learn there he could easily be taught at home (even by Ellie).

Am I wrong here? Someone please tell me I missed something. FFS

In Utah, if you want to send your kid to preschool you have to pay for it monthly. Also, a lot of stay at home moms here open up their own little preschool in their home and neighbors/friends will sign their kid up for their program. If I remember correctly, when Ellie first mentioned that she was going to put Jackson in preschool, she said that she talked to a girl she knew (a friend or something?) and they were able to work something out and sign Jackson up for preschool. I'm assuming that means that, yes, February is in the middle of the school year, but Ellie knows a girl who runs her own preschool from her home and she was willing to let Jackson into her preschool despite it starting awhile ago. I think it was a sort of spur of the moment decision for Ellie.

jaieao
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jaieao »

Oh also, a lot of home-based preschools in Utah will have a 3-4 year old and a 4-5 year old class. Some may even have a 2-3 year old option that is usually just one hour a week or something.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Do any of these people have licenses to run daycares out of their home? I know in TN the rule was that you could only have so many kids in your home before you had to show proof of license in child care and have all of those regulations in place AND you had to have so many bathrooms and there were special regulations for room that could be used, which persons could be in the home during the daycare sessions, etc.

jaieao
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jaieao »

PopTheButterfly wrote:Do any of these people have licenses to run daycares out of their home? I know in TN the rule was that you could only have so many kids in your home before you had to show proof of license in child care and have all of those regulations in place AND you had to have so many bathrooms and there were special regulations for room that could be used, which persons could be in the home during the daycare sessions, etc.

I don't know a ton about it, but I'm fairly certain you do need to be licensed and there are certain rules and regulations you have to follow if you start your own preschool here. It wouldn't really be considered daycare, I think, because he will probably only go for maybe 2 hours, 2-3 times a week.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

jaieao wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:Do any of these people have licenses to run daycares out of their home? I know in TN the rule was that you could only have so many kids in your home before you had to show proof of license in child care and have all of those regulations in place AND you had to have so many bathrooms and there were special regulations for room that could be used, which persons could be in the home during the daycare sessions, etc.

I don't know a ton about it, but I'm fairly certain you do need to be licensed and there are certain rules and regulations you have to follow if you start your own preschool here. It wouldn't really be considered daycare, I think, because he will probably only go for maybe 2 hours, 2-3 times a week.

It won't be a true daycare but I believe there's still certain rules you have to follow if you hold yourself out to be a "daycare" option. I'll have to ask my mother, she was going to go for her early childcare degree a few years ago and we brushed up on some of the rules and things when a daycare at by my Nana's home had upwards of 20 kids a day and the kids were abusing animals the woman owned. Someone made an anonymous phone call to police. She was evicted from her home a few weeks after supposedly because she never told the owner she was running a daycare out of the home.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Honestly, I think is just a matter of semantics then. What's the difference between playing/learning at a daycare/sitters a few days a week, and a mom-run basement preschool? If it's not accredited or licensed, then it's all the same.

Ellie could just be looking to have a break from "difficult" Jackson a few hours a week and is trying to spin it as Daycare so she gets less side-eye from the other SAHMs.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”