Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

menehune
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by menehune »

I believe in giving credit where it's due. The bath footage is being blown WAY out of proportion this time IMO. She was careful to make sure we didn't see anything. She kept the camera high, and we saw no more of him in the bath than we see of kids in the hot tub. She also didn't make it the thumbnail.

Plus they fixed the descriptions. It may still not be completely grammatically correct, but its as correct as a lot of the posts nitpicking their grammar here have been ;)

Joel said he had things to do, we just didn't see them. I disagree that he's just as bad as the other YT dads. We must be comparing him to different vloggers ::shrugs::

Bonnie recognized that you hold your whiny toddler and give them extra love when they are being "ornery" and that you don't just send them away. Big plus!

She made a healthy meal at home.

All in all, this was probably one of the most relatable vlogs they have had in a long time. I read here before I watched it, and was really nervous, but I really didn't see what everyone else was talking about.

I did side-eye the whole part with the car and kids...very red-neck (interesting he doesn't call Jared to help).
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I am Mormon...and NO, filming their children naked/in their underwear is NOT ok...I don't know why they would ever do it, when they wouldn't film themselves that way. Church standards aside.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

menehune wrote:I believe in giving credit where it's due. The bath footage is being blown WAY out of proportion this time IMO. She was careful to make sure we didn't see anything. She kept the camera high, and we saw no more of him in the bath than we see of kids in the hot tub. She also didn't make it the thumbnail.

Plus they fixed the descriptions. It may still not be completely grammatically correct, but its as correct as a lot of the posts nitpicking their grammar here have been ;)

Joel said he had things to do, we just didn't see them. I disagree that he's just as bad as the other YT dads. We must be comparing him to different vloggers ::shrugs::

Bonnie recognized that you hold your whiny toddler and give them extra love when they are being "ornery" and that you don't just send them away. Big plus!

All in all, this was probably one of the most relatable vlogs they have had in a long time. I read here before I watched it, and was really nervous, but I really didn't see what everyone else was talking about.

I did side-eye the whole part with the car and kids...very red-neck (interesting he doesn't call Jared to help).
I was thinking more of the day before's vlog when a child was not fully dressed for a good portion of the vlog. I also think everyone deserves privacy when in the bathroom. It is a matter of opinion with Joel...I am just going down another road (not the muddy one shown today;) seeing YouTube as a less than respectable job.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

menehune wrote:I believe in giving credit where it's due. The bath footage is being blown WAY out of proportion this time IMO. She was careful to make sure we didn't see anything. She kept the camera high, and we saw no more of him in the bath than we see of kids in the hot tub. She also didn't make it the thumbnail.

Plus they read a book and Bonnie mentioned that they wouldn't film the kids if they weren't into it. And she didn't vlog any of Boston being ornery! I agree with giving credit where it's due. If theres a checklist of things people say they should "at least do" she went down it today.

Also, honest question, Bonnie's vlogs have actual content that could be discussed but everyday it seems to become the board for general ETHICS OF VLOGGING or LDS discussion. Separate boards have been created for this right? It's annoying for those of us that want to discuss the actual vlogs but have to wade through pages and pages of general discussion.

I cringed at the car part too. I've never really understood the appeal of "4 bying," but feel like if you're going to do it you should leave the kids out of it, and maybe use a vehicle that has 4 wheel drive!

Oh. And the bathtub footage was fine. We saw NOTHING. For years Daily Bumps showed Oliver in the bath on a nightly basis and people gave them credit for being careful for nothing to be seen. I agree that it was no different than when we see the kids in E&J's hot tub, and no one seems to notice that.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I am Mormon...and NO, filming their children naked/in their underwear is NOT ok...I don't know why they would ever do it, when they wouldn't film themselves that way. Church standards aside.
Thank you. I respect all faiths and I appreciate when a message from a person, like yourself, gives us information about their religion.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I agree that I expected to see a very different vlog based on the comments here.

I also agree about the car. The rest of the vlog I thought was sweet.

Question for FakingIt.... what is the church's stance on personal boundaries? Do you own your children's bodies, or are they autonomous? How would the church feel about the Jared/Linc incident?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I agree that I expected to see a very different vlog based on the comments here.

I also agree about the car. The rest of the vlog I thought was sweet.

Question for FakingIt.... what is the church's stance on personal boundaries? Do you own your children's bodies, or are they autonomous? How would the church feel about the Jared/Linc incident?
Any church leader I have EVER talked to, and anything I have EVER read (which is a lot, Im a convert and did not grow up LDS so Ive read a lot on both sides) would be HUGELY against the Jared/Linc incident. Everyone, children included, are their own person, with their own agency. Nobody "owns" anybody. What Jared did was incredibly inappropriate and I don't know anyone who would be ok with it, much less film it and post it for the world to see.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Any church leader I have EVER talked to, and anything I have EVER read (which is a lot, Im a convert and did not grow up LDS so Ive read a lot on both sides) would be HUGELY against the Jared/Linc incident. Everyone, children included, are their own person, with their own agency. Nobody "owns" anybody. What Jared did was incredibly inappropriate and I don't know anyone who would be ok with it, much less film it and post it for the world to see.
Glad to hear that! Gives me hope that maybe an elder or someone would take him aside and have a chat with him if his parents didn't at least have the sense to do it.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Any church leader I have EVER talked to, and anything I have EVER read (which is a lot, Im a convert and did not grow up LDS so Ive read a lot on both sides) would be HUGELY against the Jared/Linc incident. Everyone, children included, are their own person, with their own agency. Nobody "owns" anybody. What Jared did was incredibly inappropriate and I don't know anyone who would be ok with it, much less film it and post it for the world to see.
Glad to hear that! Gives me hope that maybe an elder or someone would take him aside and have a chat with him if his parents didn't at least have the sense to do it.
I would hope his parents would. I don't know if a leader would involve themselves unless asked though, or even be aware of it. It would have to be the Bishop, or at the minimum a member of the Bishopric, who would have to talk to him and theyre usually older men who likely don't watch family vloggers.
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

If a stranger came into my house, I would not bring them into my bathroom where my child is naked in the tub. I don't see how this is any different. In fact it's worse because hundreds of thousands of people are seeing it. Same with Boston naked in his underwear with his hand down the front. I felt so awkward seeing that! Why put it in?

I also think Joel has lost his way. People may disagree but he feels like her employee now. She seems to control the money. Why can't this poor man have a dependable car? They are making loads of money and Bonnie spares no expense for herself on anything she wants. Speaking of Joel, he had horrible judgement taking the kids out and driving crazy on the ice and snow. I would not be happy with my husband about that.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Parkerwar wrote:If a stranger came into my house, I would not bring them into my bathroom where my child is naked in the tub. I don't see how this is any different. In fact it's worse because hundreds of thousands of people are seeing it. Same with Boston naked in his underwear with his hand down the front. I felt so awkward seeing that! Why put it in?

I also think Joel has lost his way. People may disagree but he feels like her employee now. She seems to control the money. Why can't this poor man have a dependable car? They are making loads of money and Bonnie spares no expense for herself on anything she wants. Speaking of Joel, he had horrible judgement taking the kids out and driving crazy on the ice and snow. I would not be happy with my husband about that.
It could just be he doesn't spend money? I spend far more than my husband. It's not that I don't let him buy a new car, toys or treats. He's just a saver. I don't think twice about buying pants if I need them, husband would stress for days about if it was really necessary. I get this impression from Joel. The only way he's seemed like an employee to me is when she has him so things he clearly isn't good at, like descriptions and edits.

The bathtub footage was no different than we've seen on many other more high profile vloggers. For years DB vlogged Ollie in the bath (pool) and it was fine because no private parts were shown. I can see how it's become normalized for vloggers.

For me I'd much rather see waist up bathtub shots than hot tub crotch shots. The bathroom itself doesn't make a difference to me.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The only reason I think maybe Bonnie won't "let" Joel have a newer car is the conversations I've seen about the Tacoma-- that she says he can't have one. That it's _Bonnie_ saying no. I can't get more specific because I can't remember if it was on a vlog or Twitter. I do know he loves that beater car, but I wouldn't want him running errands with all the kids in it for safety reasons. I was really surprised when Bonnie took the Suburban to go to the Carrie Underwood concert and left Joel with the beater. They could have taken the Pacifica or someone else's car. If he loves his old car that's fine, but it is not OK for all the kids to ride in it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Olivia in a lap belt only in the middle of Joels car is SO unsafe. Jesus, these people.

It is almost like Joel want's his car to break down, like maybe to get a new truck? Interesting he didn't show who came to help him get unstuck. I know it wasn't Jared because he is a moron.
NYNY07
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NYNY07 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Olivia in a lap belt only in the middle of Joels car is SO unsafe. Jesus, these people.

It is almost like Joel want's his car to break down, like maybe to get a new truck? Interesting he didn't show who came to help him get unstuck. I know it wasn't Jared because he is a moron.
I was thinking the same thing! Why don't they care about car safety!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Olivia in a lap belt only in the middle of Joels car is SO unsafe. Jesus, these people.

And when Bonnie took the Suburban to her girls night at Carrie Underwood, he took all four kids out in that car. Olivia was in the front seat, and I don't think Cody was in a booster. Irked me no end. Bonnie couldn't take the beater car. No way. The Griffith princesses couldn't go to a concert in that old car! I think it's great that he drives an old car and is frugal. But with four kids, both cars need to be safe. So yeah, I think he needs something else. Sorry for harping on it. I will shut up now. Image

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Parkerwar wrote:If a stranger came into my house, I would not bring them into my bathroom where my child is naked in the tub. I don't see how this is any different. In fact it's worse because hundreds of thousands of people are seeing it. Same with Boston naked in his underwear with his hand down the front. I felt so awkward seeing that! Why put it in?

Thank you, I feel the same way and Ellie also showed her kids in the tub yesterday. Just because a lot of vloggers do this doesn't mean it's right, imo. I too agree on Joel's horrible judgement call driving crazy on the ice and snow with two young kids in the back. My stomach churned with Olivia sitting totally unrestrained in the back. Heck, at one point she was sat so far forward on the edge of the seat she had both her hands resting on the top corners of the front seats. She didn't appear to even have a waist buckle belt on. <--- What the heck is the deal with that?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

The tub scenes make me SO uncomfortable! If you wouldn't want footage of yourself like this WHY is it OK to do that to your children?
The only thing I can think why they justify this is that maybe their parents videotaped them in the tub and since they all love to do exactly what their parents did BUT if that's true then why haven't we seen any flashback clips of tub scenes from their childhood?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Yesterday Joel took the kids muddin' in his car, today he is getting the oil changed. What the heck is going on with them? I wonder if he will donate his car when he gets a new truck?
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

lmmomSD wrote:The only reason I think maybe Bonnie won't "let" Joel have a newer car is the conversations I've seen about the Tacoma-- that she says he can't have one. That it's _Bonnie_ saying no. I can't get more specific because I can't remember if it was on a vlog or Twitter. I do know he loves that beater car, but I wouldn't want him running errands with all the kids in it for safety reasons. I was really surprised when Bonnie took the Suburban to go to the Carrie Underwood concert and left Joel with the beater. They could have taken the Pacifica or someone else's car. If he loves his old car that's fine, but it is not OK for all the kids to ride in it.

I agree. He's made it obvious he wants a truck. It wouldn't bother me if Bonnie didn't spend so much money on clothes, eyelashes, manicures etc. Plus for the safety of their kids they need another car. There are family friendly extended cab trucks.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

My guess is that they are saving for a truck. They don't seem to have any other big projects on the go, so saving is likely. Bonnie spends money on hair and makeup, but that's not really so outrageous that it's the difference between a second vehicle. Not with the money they would be bringing in anyway.

While I agree it would be nice for Joel to have a truck, I can't help but feel like when they finally do get one, people will be posting here saying it's another sign they have sold out. Buying multiple new vehicles like all the other YTers.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”