JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JesssFam Part 85: Addie's Apnea

Unread post by Midia »

MamaJoAnna wrote: I'm stopping the arguing (that I didn't even start) after this response so that we can move on to a decent conversation. I've never called anyone a bitch here, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from or any of the other accusations here in your response. Have a great day :)
WheresMyCoffee wrote: No. I wouldnt call someone names for having a different opinion than me.. but in all honesty our opinions are basically the same.
I 100% agree Jess practices unsafe sleeping with Addie. I also agree her sleeping on her stomach/with blankets probably added to the apnea/episode. My issue on here is people take things for fact when they are not facts, opinions. and the fact that people couldn't just throw a little empathy Jess' way (and again, you can empathize with someone and not agree with them)
Anyway, the entire thing is like beating a dead horse at this point.
I wasn't talking about any of you in particular just that some comments implied that, with my opinion, I was, even if by saying that I am definitly NOT denying the doctor diagnosis, just saying, as you said WheresMyCoffee, that Jess sleeping practices are likely to have added to what happened (which is why I can't say that she for sure has no responsability in what happened). But of course I felt so bad for Jess and Chris, it's their child and it's not as if I thought Jess did something to her on purpose, she must have feel so scared (and even before everything that happened, when I saw the pictures of Addie sleeping, I never hope for anything to happen, a wake up call for Jess is not worth a child' health). I personally will stop too with the subject, I shared my opinion, it's time to move one :D (I am still worried about Kaden...). Peace <3
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

I just got the chance to watch the video and the one thing that stuck out to me is how they have been there for 4/5 days and she never once stopped breathing. She's been sleeping on her back the whole time there and at home she'd been sleeping pretty much face down. What does that tell you Jess? Sure she was diagnosed with sleep apnea which yes Jess can't help but she sure can make things worse letting her sleep on her stomach and with a bunch of blankets. I understand she didn't know before this that addie had sleep apnea but that's no excuse for the negligence of Addies sleeping habits that Jess herself promoted.
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Blackswan wrote:
Boorads wrote:The new thread title should be "Alternative Facts- By Jessica whatever her last name for the time being is"

Too harsh?
Alrernative Facts -By Jessica Skube

LMFAO

This seriously needs to be used as this threads name!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh my god, yes!
phonereader007

Unread post by phonereader007 »

Blackswan wrote:I just got the chance to watch the video and the one thing that stuck out to me is how they have been there for 4/5 days and she never once stopped breathing. She's been sleeping on her back the whole time there and at home she'd been sleeping pretty much face down. What does that tell you Jess? Sure she was diagnosed with sleep apnea which yes Jess can't help but she sure can make things worse letting her sleep on her stomach and with a bunch of blankets. I understand she didn't know before this that addie had sleep apnea but that's no excuse for the negligence of Addies sleeping habits that Jess herself promoted.
I'm new here and I'm wondering why was she promoting putting baby to sleep on belly? Isn't it common knowledge babies should sleep on their back? Am I missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mamafirst »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:It could have happened to anyone. That is a fact. Sometimes when you do everything right things still go wrong. You just cannot see past your insane hatred of another human being to see that. Did having Addie sleep on her stomach more than likely add to the situation? Yes, of course. However it could have happened anyway. That is not passing off the blame, it is a fact. I dont know why that is so hard for people to understand.
Jessica is a sub par mother at best but what happened happened, hopefully she learned her lesson and hopefully she begins to start practicing safe co-sleeping habits.
What else do you want? Honest question. Do you want CPS to take her kids away, do you want it to happen again? Like, she fucked up and maybe it was a blessing in disguise because she now knows the underlying problem. All you can hope for is she learned from her mistake and will take the appropriate actions. She and Chris are both taking CPR classes and lets hope they no longer allow Addie on her stomach with blankets.
You can watch her video 1,000 times (which only gives her more views btw) and study her eye movement or every single thing she said. You can pick apart every little detail. Does it matter? Are you perfect? Don't you ever look back and think "dammit, why did I do that? wish I knew better" I do. I am so far from perfect. You live and you learn. Again, all I can hope is that Jessica has learned. Picking every thing she has ever done (or not done) doesnt help anyone. This is a snark site yes, and maybe I have been petty in my comments as well but dammit. Let it go.
Who here hasn't acknowledged that Addie does in fact have sleep apnea? I don't see anyone here denying that fact. What I do see are people, myself included, having their serious doubts about Jess not at least contributing to Addie's severe episode. Yes, it could have happened in an ideal sleeping position, but as far as we know it happened when Addie was presumably sleeping unsafely.
Why is there an issue that people are doubting Jess' story? Or not giving Jess a pass on any blame? We can empathize with Jess without feeling the way YOU do or saying the things YOU do.
As far as letting it go, what do you suppose we talk about? This whole thing will probably be one of the most discussed things, not just because of us but also because Jess will probably make her next few videos all about this. Her baby almost passed away, it's a hot topic right now.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Mamafirst wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:It could have happened to anyone. That is a fact. Sometimes when you do everything right things still go wrong. You just cannot see past your insane hatred of another human being to see that. Did having Addie sleep on her stomach more than likely add to the situation? Yes, of course. However it could have happened anyway. That is not passing off the blame, it is a fact. I dont know why that is so hard for people to understand.
Jessica is a sub par mother at best but what happened happened, hopefully she learned her lesson and hopefully she begins to start practicing safe co-sleeping habits.
What else do you want? Honest question. Do you want CPS to take her kids away, do you want it to happen again? Like, she fucked up and maybe it was a blessing in disguise because she now knows the underlying problem. All you can hope for is she learned from her mistake and will take the appropriate actions. She and Chris are both taking CPR classes and lets hope they no longer allow Addie on her stomach with blankets.
You can watch her video 1,000 times (which only gives her more views btw) and study her eye movement or every single thing she said. You can pick apart every little detail. Does it matter? Are you perfect? Don't you ever look back and think "dammit, why did I do that? wish I knew better" I do. I am so far from perfect. You live and you learn. Again, all I can hope is that Jessica has learned. Picking every thing she has ever done (or not done) doesnt help anyone. This is a snark site yes, and maybe I have been petty in my comments as well but dammit. Let it go.
Who here hasn't acknowledged that Addie does in fact have sleep apnea? I don't see anyone here denying that fact. What I do see are people, myself included, having their serious doubts about Jess not at least contributing to Addie's severe episode. Yes, it could have happened in an ideal sleeping position, but as far as we know it happened when Addie was presumably sleeping unsafely.
Why is there an issue that people are doubting Jess' story? Or not giving Jess a pass on any blame? We can empathize with Jess without feeling the way YOU do or saying the things YOU do.
As far as letting it go, what do you suppose we talk about? This whole thing will probably be one of the most discussed things, not just because of us but also because Jess will probably make her next few videos all about this. Her baby almost passed away, it's a hot topic right now.

Oh lord. Where do I say anyone doubted the sleep apnea?
Im confused by your point. I am agreeing with you. Yes, Jessica has bad sleeping practices. Yes, Jessica probably added to the issue.
People on here have said "I dont have empathy for Jessica" so that's who that is for, if it doesnt apply to you that probably means it isnt directed at you.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Mamafirst wrote:

Im confused by your point. I am agreeing with you. Yes, Jessica has bad sleeping practices. Yes, Jessica probably added to the issue.
People on here have said "I dont have empathy for Jessica" so that's who that is for, if it doesnt apply to you that probably means it isnt directed at you.
OK AGAIN. SHE MONETIZED HER BABY ALMOST DYING. That negates any fucking empathy I had for her. And don't defend her monetizing this shit. She could have posted it on IG or SC.

If that makes me a horrible person, so be it. You know who I have empathy for? Someone watching a family member suffer with cancer.

IM REALLY GETTING TIRED OF YOU POINTING THE FINGER AT ME FOR HAVING A DIFFERENCE OF OPINION.

I did NOT say she deserved it, nor did I say she did it on purpose, did I? No? Then get off my back.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You need to settle down. Like, you are out of control,This is a gossip site.
I did not say your name. I answered a question someone had about why I mentioned empathy... this other user and I can have a conversation and disagree like adults. You are taking things way to seriously.
We disagree, that is fine. I have not been talking to you so I dont think I'm "on your back". You are entitled to your opinion and I have never said otherwise. I just think it says alot about you. You can think the same for me, it's OK.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Im perfectly settled. Just fucking drop it already. She fucked up, Addie is fine, we all don't agree. The end.

Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Mamafirst wrote:

I didn't say you said that, but I mentioned it because you talk about how it could've happened to anyone because of her apnea and we all already know that. I felt the need to reply because you mentioned people can't look past their hatred of Jess acknowledge it could've happened either way. How would you know that?
All I'm saying is we don't have to the feel the way you do, we don't have to feel empathetic either. I was never one to say I didn't feel empathy, because I do, but I do understand where those posters are coming from.
Maybe you think they're awful people for that, I don't, oh well. I mean what difference is it to you if everyone here was empathic or not. It just leaves people annoyed when someone implies that their opinion is gross or they're shitty people for it.

blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

At least she got a reality check now and will hopefully be more careful.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Mamafirst wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Mamafirst wrote: Who here hasn't acknowledged that Addie does in fact have sleep apnea? I don't see anyone here denying that fact. What I do see are people, myself included, having their serious doubts about Jess not at least contributing to Addie's severe episode. Yes, it could have happened in an ideal sleeping position, but as far as we know it happened when Addie was presumably sleeping unsafely.

I didn't say you said that, but I mentioned it because you talk about how it could've happened to anyone because of her apnea and we all already know that. I felt the need to reply because you mentioned people can't look past their hatred of Jess acknowledge it could've happened either way. How would you know that?
All I'm saying is we don't have to the feel the way you do, we don't have to feel empathetic either. I was never one to say I didn't feel empathy, because I do, but I do understand where those posters are coming from.
Maybe you think they're awful people for that, I don't, oh well. I mean what difference is it to you if everyone here was empathic or not. It just leaves people annoyed when someone implies that their opinion is gross or they're shitty people for it.

Thank you.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Mamafirst wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:

Oh, sorry. I misread. I guess my point was just that people are blaming Jessica for everything, when in reality it is a shitty thing that happened that may or may not have been added to by poor sleeping habits. However, you cannot pretend it is a FACT that Jess caused this. It just isnt. The only FACT we know is she has sleep apnea so this could have happened either way. Fact.
Like, I get it. She should know better/do better. However, people jumped the gun blaming her before they even knew the whole story.
I cant apologize for the fact that I think it is gross people cannot show empathy to any other human being. Sorry.
I have been fighting for my opinion since yesterday, I am definitely in the minority which is fine but I am able to say my piece just as everyone else is.
Aaliyah_uk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Aaliyah_uk »

Ok so the frontal sleeping had absolutely NOTHING to do with Addie stopping breathing,
So I guess she'll continue putting her in that same position as clearly it's not going to make a difference so why not ,
The thing that most annoys me is Jess thinks people are idiots , when in fact anyone can see through the bs
Mamafirst
Informer
Informer

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
WheresMyCoffee wrote:
Mamafirst wrote: Oh lord. Where do I say anyone doubted the sleep apnea?

Oh, sorry. I misread. I guess my point was just that people are blaming Jessica for everything, when in reality it is a shitty thing that happened that may or may not have been added to by poor sleeping habits. However, you cannot pretend it is a FACT that Jess caused this. It just isnt. The only FACT we know is she has sleep apnea so this could have happened either way. Fact.
Like, I get it. She should know better/do better. However, people jumped the gun blaming her before they even knew the whole story.
I cant apologize for the fact that I think it is gross people cannot show empathy to any other human being. Sorry.
I have been fighting for my opinion since yesterday, I am definitely in the minority which is fine but I am able to say my piece just as everyone else is.
I'm pretty certain everyone here knows that they can't say Jess 100% caused it. We just have our strong belief that she did contribute or at least may have contributed. No one is saying Jess did it for sure.
I do agree though that a lot of us jumped the gun about what happened and a lot of that originally started out because JESS was purposefully being vague. We made a lot of assumptions and although none of us are a 100% correct, we were still correct about it being related to Addie's sleeping.

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

phonereader007 wrote:
Blackswan wrote:I just got the chance to watch the video and the one thing that stuck out to me is how they have been there for 4/5 days and she never once stopped breathing. She's been sleeping on her back the whole time there and at home she'd been sleeping pretty much face down. What does that tell you Jess? Sure she was diagnosed with sleep apnea which yes Jess can't help but she sure can make things worse letting her sleep on her stomach and with a bunch of blankets. I understand she didn't know before this that addie had sleep apnea but that's no excuse for the negligence of Addies sleeping habits that Jess herself promoted.
I'm new here and I'm wondering why was she promoting putting baby to sleep on belly? Isn't it common knowledge babies should sleep on their back? Am I missing something here?

She wasn't promoting it. She was just being careless with her own daughter about it. It is common knowledge but Jess thinks (thought) she was super mom literally.
pinkdiamond_3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pinkdiamond_3 »

Anyways. So how does everyone think Jessss will bank on this event, and how will it change things on her channel..? I feel like she's totally gonna ham this all up, and all her videos will aim at how having a child with a problem is just so hard. Change her bio maybe:

"Facing Reality with a Positive Attitude and a Grateful Heart.... because we almost lost our littlest"
"Raising 7 under 7 including a disabled child"
#KeepYourBabiesSafe #ApneaAwareness
#PrayforAddieJade
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

pinkdiamond_3 wrote:Anyways. So how does everyone think Jessss will bank on this event, and how will it change things on her channel..? I feel like she's totally gonna ham this all up, and all her videos will aim at how having a child with a problem is just so hard. Change her bio maybe:

"Facing Reality with a Positive Attitude and a Grateful Heart.... because we almost lost our littlest"
"Raising 7 under 7 including a disabled child"
#KeepYourBabiesSafe #ApneaAwareness
#PrayforAddieJade
The 3 month update (on Valentine's Day, no less) should be interesting. You know this will be mentioned.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
ashley123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ashley123 »

This reminds me, in an opposite way, of a less popular mom who did a video once talking about how she fell with her child in the ergo. It was totally an accident, but her kid got hurt, and she was crying in the video saying it was all her fault.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I sense a pregnancy this year.
" we realized how much children are a special gift and almost losing our super advanced baby made us realize We are here on this earth to breed"

Like, yeah all children are blessings, but ya can't properly take care of the ones you already have.

Return to “JesssFam”