E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Often people move and spots open. When my kids were preschool age I had them on the waiting list at several area preschools. Around here, it is abnormal NOT to go to preschool and the teachers can really tell who went to PS and who didn't.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

The direct correlation between how much we comment on this board about how uneven Elle seems to be in her love for her boys and how much Ellie treats Jackson better is too obvious to be a coincidence. Read here much??? Hi Ellie.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Often people move and spots open. When my kids were preschool age I had them on the waiting list at several area preschools. Around here, it is abnormal NOT to go to preschool and the teachers can really tell who went to PS and who didn't.
Preschool is pretty standard here for at least one year prior to kindergarten. However, the timing seems off sending a child in February with this being in the middle of the school year, but I agree perhaps a spot opened up and they took it. I also could see some of the other children in the Griffith family benefiting from preschool.

I wonder if they are just running out of things to vlog and this is an area they thought their viewers would like to see?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Often people move and spots open. When my kids were preschool age I had them on the waiting list at several area preschools. Around here, it is abnormal NOT to go to preschool and the teachers can really tell who went to PS and who didn't.
Preschool is pretty standard here for at least one year prior to kindergarten. However, the timing seems off sending a child in February with this being in the middle of the school year, but I agree perhaps a spot opened up and they took it.

I wonder if they are just running out of things to vlog and this is an area they thought their viewers would like to see? I also could see some of the other children in the Griffith family benefiting from preschool.
I hope it's not something they think they can vlog! A quick Google search and people would easily be able to find him and then know the time/days they should be there. I was curious where a basement preschool may be, and with no information to go off other than that, I'm pretty sure I can tell which one it is. That means "basement preschool" is already too much information.

Plus they shouldn't be vlogging the other kids anyway. At least not without permission. Our son's preschool would send home releases if the children were even at risk of being photographed and published in the paper or website! One would hope the teachers would have told them no vlogging.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I'm sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but imo, any "preschool" before the age of 4 is a glorified daycare; unless there is a particular need for it.

I think in Gaines' case, she needed to be socialized and they wanted to nip the separation anxiety in the bud. Ellie even made a point to say Jackson's already very social, so imo he should still be kept at home to learn with BOTH of his stay at home parents until he is the proper age to start school.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but imo, any "preschool" before the age of 4 is a glorified daycare; unless there is a particular need for it.

I think in Gaines' case, she needed to be socialized and they wanted to nip the separation anxiety in the bud. Ellie even made a point to say Jackson's already very social, so imo he should still be kept at home to learn with BOTH of his stay at home parents until he is the proper age to start school.
I agree. I think a bigger factor in school readiness is actually the parents involvement in their child's learning than daycare/preschool is.

My oldest stayed home with me until age 4 when he started part-time preschool. He was still more advanced than his peers. I believe in learning by play and conversation, so I never felt the need to sit him down and do actual lessons. Some kids like Oliver, Jackson, or Boston would benefit from some form of school since it clearly isn't a priority at home, but I do feel it's a bit sad for a child with two stay at home parents to essentially go to daycare.

Not saying preschool isn't a good thing, I just don't personally feel it's something a child NEEDS the second they turn 3. Plus I question Ellie's motivations since this came on so suddenly and what she said in her video earlier doesn't add up.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

I personally am for pre-school. My parents chose to start me early and said if I could keep up that would be great, but if not then it wouldn't be a set back to be held back a year. I started pre-school at age 2 and I feel like having that with two parents who worked full time was a great thing for me. I also went to daycare and I don't think the two things are the same at all. Whether or not Ellie's intentions are good, I think they're doing the right thing.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Y'all know dang Ellie peed in there too. Image
So fun!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote: I think in Gaines' case, she needed to be socialized and they wanted to nip the separation anxiety in the bud. Ellie even made a point to say Jackson's already very social, so imo he should still be kept at home to learn with BOTH of his stay at home parents until he is the proper age to start school.
But preschool is much more than academic learning. It's about learning to follow directions, to form routines, and learning community values like sharing, taking turns, and being kind to others. It is difficult to replicate the setting of preschool with multiple children unless parents make an effort to get their kids involved in other community activities.

Just like many parents start their kids in ballet at two years old. Are two-year-olds actually learning ballet? No. But they're learning how to follow directions and how dance classes are structured.

I think these lessons are even more important than book-learning.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Most two (or even 3) year olds do not need Preschool yet. They can only learn so far ahead or they will be bored once they start school.

I absolutely believe that it's possible for a sahp to teach their child the proper skills to be able to socialize in school. If not, then it's their responsibility to recognize where the gaps are and get them into early learning activities like K&C did with Gaines. For most children that do play and socialize, as well as learn from involved parents, there isn't likely to be a big difference between starting preschool at 2/3 or at 4. Good SAHMs have routines, outings, and will teach proper social values... they aren't just sitting at home letting their kids eat Cheerios, throw toys, and watch tv.

Preschool has value, but involved and engaged parenting is still going to go a lot farther IMO.
JM16Canada
Talker
Talker

Unread post by JM16Canada »

NYNY07 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
NYNY07 wrote:Jackson is wearing that same yellow shirt. Worst part, Ellie cleaned his snot and rubbed it on his shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does she not see this as gross? Plus she doesn't do daily laundry, so how germy is that shirt!

Ellie has made a big deal about having handkerchiefs before. I wonder if this makes her think any fabric is appropriate to clean your nose with?

They need a tissue sponsorship.
Please tell me that yellow shirt hung up on his closet at the end of the vlog wasn't the same one?!

I was wondering the same thing, I just mentioned yesterday how he's always in that same shirt! Also, it looked like he was actually getting under the covers to go to bed at the end of the vlog. She must have been reading here and decided to show that he has actual bedding to sleep with.

jaieao
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jaieao »

It really does seem like she is reading this! I wonder if she is almost making a game out of all of the criticisms and checking them off with each vlog-

(X) jackson's blanket - show him under his sheets
(X) why I've been so emotional lately
(X) bath bombs are edible

Etc. maybe she is interested to see what else you all can come up with to criticize her for if she keeps "fixing" them, or addressing them with each vlog.

Maybe we should tell her to say some sort of keyword in their next vlog to let us know she is reading this.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

jaieao wrote:It really does seem like she is reading this! I wonder if she is almost making a game out of all of the criticisms and checking them off with each vlog-

Etc. maybe she is interested to see what else you all can come up with to criticize her for if she keeps "fixing" them, or addressing them with each vlog.

Maybe we should tell her to say some sort of keyword in their next vlog to let us know she is reading this. Image

Ellie: if you are reading this say the codeword Tiddliwinks
Jared: if you are reading this say the codeword Rasputin

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I do not understand the flack E+J are getting for sending Jackson to preschool. So what if he has two stay at home parents? If they don't want to teach him, they have the privilege to outsource.
Do you all believe that all vloggers with both parents home should homeschool their elementary kids too?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

winniewise wrote:I do not understand the flack E+J are getting for sending Jackson to preschool. So what if he has two stay at home parents? If they don't want to teach him, they have the privilege to outsource.
Do you all believe that all vloggers with both parents home should homeschool their elementary kids too?

The flack wasn't about preschool. Their intent is getting questioned as it's possibly Daycare. Does a child with two stay at home parents need Daycare? That's my point anyway, though I don't agree with the posts arguing a 2yo NEEDS to start preschool. Some do, but those that don't won't necessarily be behind if they've had proper parents.

E&J aren't proper parents though.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

PopTheButterfly wrote:
jaieao wrote:It really does seem like she is reading this! I wonder if she is almost making a game out of all of the criticisms and checking them off with each vlog-

Maybe we should tell her to say some sort of keyword in their next vlog to let us know she is reading this. Image

Ellie: if you are reading this say the codeword Tiddliwinks
Jared: if you are reading this say the codeword Rasputin

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
How about they say - "I am a dipshit" :lol:
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:
winniewise wrote:I do not understand the flack E+J are getting for sending Jackson to preschool. So what if he has two stay at home parents? If they don't want to teach him, they have the privilege to outsource.

The flack wasn't about preschool. Their intent is getting questioned as it's possibly Daycare. Does a child with two stay at home parents need Daycare? That's my point anyway, though I don't agree with the posts arguing a 2yo NEEDS to start preschool. Some do, but those that don't won't necessarily be behind if they've had proper parents.

Yes, to add to that, the argument is that a 3 year old doesn't need "preschool" (given Jackson's circumstances i.e. 2 SAHP, sociable, outgoing, independent, bright, etc.), not that kids shouldn't go to preschool in general. I think that's what's getting misconstrued here.

What's the point of sending a kid who doesn't need the extra exposure and has parents that are home all day, to preschool for 2 years? They can't start kindergarten until they're 5 anyway. No one here said they're against preschool, as long as it's at the proper age.

Maybe, since Ellie's more than likely reading here, she can give us some insight on the situation. Why, Ellie, did you make a "preschool haul" video showing games and such that /you/ were planning on doing with Jackson until next fall (which would still be considered pre-preschool), and now suddenly he is starting school in the middle of February? And while you're at it, care to explain what this "preschool" coughdaycarecough is going to teach him that you/Jared/any other activity (gymnastics) are incapable of teaching him?? Keep your child at home while you still can! You aren't sneaky, Ellie. Showing us that you're "spending more time" with Jacks and then turning around and shoving him off into someone else's care unnecessarily proves no point, FFS.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Yes, to me the issue is that this particular three year old needs to be in preschool (or daycare or whatever) because he will benefit from it intellectually and socially. Would it be better if he could get that support at home, given that he's still very young and both parents are around? Maybe, yes... but the reality is that he is not. So the parents have chosen to send him to daycare (which I know isn't the same as preschool but still offers some degree of stimulation and socializing) maybe because they want some time without him, maybe because deep down they know they can't provide what he needs, maybe because they have studied extensively the psycho-social benefits of external child care ;) ) or maybe just because they want to focus on bath bombs and vlogging all day. Whatever the reason, I think that for Jackson, it is the right move.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Yes, to me the issue is that this particular three year old needs to be in preschool (or daycare or whatever) because he will benefit from it intellectually and socially. Would it be better if he could get that support at home, given that he's still very young and both parents are around? Maybe, yes... but the reality is that he is not. So the parents have chosen to send him to daycare (which I know isn't the same as preschool but still offers some degree of stimulation and socializing) maybe because they want some time without him, maybe because deep down they know they can't provide what he needs, maybe because they have studied extensively the psycho-social benefits of external child care ;) ) or maybe just because they want to focus on bath bombs and vlogging all day. Whatever the reason, I think that for Jackson, it is the right move.
I agree it's good for Jackson. That doesn't mean I'm not going to judge the heck out of his parents for being so lazy as to not try and teach him themselves as well if they do now notice a gap. I can't help but think this is about Jackson's newfound stubbornness and Ellie getting criticized for sending him to Bonnie's. If he's in care so she can have a break, I do side-eye that when he has two parents at home.

I hated when they called "babysitter" a "play date" and if they are using "preschool" for "Daycare" I'm equally as disgusted by their willingness to lie and mislead.

They aren't getting any more flack or questioning than Bryan and Missy would if they were to have sent a 3 year old Oliver to daycare.... even though he arguably needed some help too.

Others don't have to agree. This is just my opinion.
emilyk16
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by emilyk16 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 43e06d.jpg[/img] Jackson's haircut looks horrible. Image oh and looks like Ellie is making out with Cal in the background.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”