Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

We can't really tell what they're making based off socialblade because I checked yesterday and their mean earnings was 70k, but checked today and it has them 30k higher, which is a pretty big difference.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I suspect they only planned to live there for 5 years because that's what was expected of them. The house was intended to be a starter home. It was relatively cheap. They didn't seem to put much thought into buying it. I'm sure they had help and even if they didn't, the mortgage wouldn't have been so much that they couldn't have paid much of it down or completely off within the 5 years. They only paid $215,000 for the house. I don't think B&M or E&J buying homes put any pressure on them. They were always going to buy a big massive home like pretty much everyone else they know. I do think they will buy something much bigger than they will ever need. I don't necessarily think they feel like they need to keep up, but I do think they'll want to prove what Youtube can buy them. I think that's part of why we see them make a push for more views.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The house they live in now is not a good house for a family. It is very separated and I can't even imagine dealing with that back yard/deck/stair nightmare.
I can see buying it as a young couple planning on kids but them when the kids arrive thinking "Why did we buy this house?"
It isn't a family house. It isn't a good layout. Stairs are everywhere. There is no playroom. The yard is awkward.
I would move as soon as possible.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

nutbagmcgee wrote:The house they live in now is not a good house for a family. It is very separated and I can't even imagine dealing with that back yard/deck/stair nightmare.
I can see buying it as a young couple planning on kids but them when the kids arrive thinking "Why did we buy this house?"
It isn't a family house. It isn't a good layout. Stairs are everywhere. There is no playroom. The yard is awkward.
Agreed. I think someone ^ said it best, they were in a hurry to buy bc they had to move, i don;t think they saw the home in person and just thought good neighborhood, nice home, good price.. done deal. Which, 5 years ago wasn't a bad decision, but now with the kids, even with the square footage they have the layout of the home feels so crowded and boxed in. The kids are growing, they have expressed that they want one or two more kids and will quickly be outgrowing this house.
Katie has her doctorate, Cullen wouldnt be hard up for a job in video editing or some other creative outlet (as someone else said as well) out of all the vloggers i watch (which granted, isnt many) they are the ones I am LEAST worried about if YT falls through. Even after buying a new home and having a new mortgage. I feel like they will not be buying out of a price range that they would not be able to afford if they both had to go back into the workforce. The seem to have good heads on their shoulders. I think they will be fine.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Where I'm from in Virgina, that's not an unusual or cumbersome yard situation? I know quite a few homes with decks off the main living area and a set of stairs down to the rest of the yard. Maybe it's unusual for other parts of the country, but it's pretty normal in this part of the country. We're pretty hilly.

It's also a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with unfinished square footage, definitely room for a playroom if they wanted. But most homes weren't built for two stay-at-home parents who need an office and playroom connected. If they weren't selling I would suggest converting the formal dining room into more useful space, they rarely host formal dinners.

I didn't get the impression they bought sight unseen. I don't think the Alabama market is quite that hot that you need to scoop up properties without seeing them. And I don't think a good real estate agent would encourage that. I think it might have even been a foreclosure, which can be a longer process to get to closing. I don't think this was any more rushed than a typical home buying experience.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The mom in "Beetlejuice" said it best . "The house has no organic flow. It's like a giant ant farm". I was surprised how much square footage there is, by the way the rooms are so cramped.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lmmomSD wrote:The mom in "Beetlejuice" said it best . "The house has no organic flow. It's like a giant ant farm". I was surprised how much square footage there is, by the way the rooms are so cramped.

It's not my style. When we were looking I had to like the way the rooms flowed together and the natural light more so than just the square footage. Layout and light makes a huge difference in how big a home feels. Their current home is definitely a typical McMansion in terms of construction and layout.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:The mom in "Beetlejuice" said it best . "The house has no organic flow. It's like a giant ant farm". I was surprised how much square footage there is, by the way the rooms are so cramped.

It's not my style. When we were looking I had to like the way the rooms flowed together and the natural light more so than just the square footage. Layout and light makes a huge difference in how big a home feels. Their current home is definitely a typical McMansion in terms of construction and layout.
Maybe it's just common construction here but I had a friend who had a house similar to Cullen and Katie's. Her mom was a SAHM and her step dad was a truck driver. Maybe their house was more expensive because of location?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

This is when they closed on their house. It doesn't seem like they bought it sight unseen at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUOC0f041Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

formerctfxcer wrote:This is when they closed on their house. It doesn't seem like they bought it sight unseen at all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUOC0f041Q

Cullen's hair is awful.

Thankfully he looks SO MUCH BETTER now Image
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Playsinrain wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:The house they live in now is not a good house for a family. It is very separated and I can't even imagine dealing with that back yard/deck/stair nightmare.
Agreed. I think someone ^ said it best, they were in a hurry to buy bc they had to move, i don;t think they saw the home in person and just thought good neighborhood, nice home, good price.. done deal. Which, 5 years ago wasn't a bad decision, but now with the kids, even with the square footage they have the layout of the home feels so crowded and boxed in. The kids are growing, they have expressed that they want one or two more kids and will quickly be outgrowing this house.
Katie has her doctorate, Cullen wouldnt be hard up for a job in video editing or some other creative outlet (as someone else said as well) out of all the vloggers i watch (which granted, isnt many) they are the ones I am LEAST worried about if YT falls through. Even after buying a new home and having a new mortgage. I feel like they will not be buying out of a price range that they would not be able to afford if they both had to go back into the workforce. The seem to have good heads on their shoulders. I think they will be fine.
You know, the person with a good deal of children and a smaller home is Bonnie and Joel, yet it is my favorite house. It is beautifully redecorated, has a very small kitchen and it is a four bedroom/two bath home. There isn't even a large bathroom off the main bedroom like Cullen and Katie's two story. Bonnie could teach us all on how to utilize home space. Kids sharing rooms is not the end of the world either and their house is what is typically a starter home. The issue for me is really is this house is outdated now with tile, paint colors and how they utilize space and if someone with knowledge came into redecorate you might see a it differently...or maybe not. I am growing to really dislike the back splash tile in the kitchen which is a similar pattern, different colors than my own...but I am growing to dislike mine too!

I love the beautiful southern home Katie's mom has decorated which is both charming and beautiful. My all time favorite home.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

I know this has been talked about already, but today's troll vlog really saddens/angers me. They are getting DESPERATE for more subscribers and l view their content clearly targeted towards the kid/tween audience as such a sell out. That's just never been their audience, nor have they catered to that age group. There are already so many others adults and families on YouTube who do. I get their subscriber number has been stagnant and they have a big mortgage coming up (after move), but they have always been one of my favorites to watch. When they pull this toy review type garbage it feels like the loss of a vlogger who refused to stoop so low and abandon their orginal viewers which are/were adults in the name of the almighty$$$

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Cullen Retweeted this...

YouTube glitch results in huge subscriber count losses, negative sub counts.

https://socialblade.com/blog/youtube-su ... ub-counts/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

jaynshann wrote:I know this has been talked about already, but today's troll vlog really saddens/angers me. They are getting DESPERATE for more subscribers and l view their content clearly targeted towards the kid/tween audience as such a sell out. That's just never been their audience, nor have they catered to that age group. There are already so many others adults and families on YouTube who do. I get their subscriber number has been stagnant and they have a big mortgage coming up (after move), but they have always been one of my favorites to watch. When they pull this toy review type garbage it feels like the loss of a vlogger who refused to stoop so low and abandon their orginal viewers which are/were adults in the name of the almighty$$$

As soon as I saw the thumbnail with Cullen in that awful Troll wig, I couldn't watch.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
jaynshann wrote:I know this has been talked about already, but today's troll vlog really saddens/angers me. They are getting DESPERATE for more subscribers and l view their content clearly targeted towards the kid/tween audience as such a sell out. That's just never been their audience, nor have they catered to that age group. There are already so many others adults and families on YouTube who do. I get their subscriber number has been stagnant and they have a big mortgage coming up (after move), but they have always been one of my favorites to watch. When they pull this toy review type garbage it feels like the loss of a vlogger who refused to stoop so low and abandon their orginal viewers which are/were adults in the name of the almighty$$$

As soon as I saw the thumbnail with Cullen in that awful Troll wig, I couldn't watch.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
If it makes it any better he only had the wig on for just a second, and it was that old pink wig hes had forever just made into a troll wig.. :lol: (i don't think it makes it any better.. LMAO :) )
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

cullen tweeted last night that todays vlog was going to be an emotional one for him. I wonder if its about Gradberry's dog passing or something else. We lost a very special kitty this weekend, I'm not a cat person, but this was the first kitty i had ever became really attached too.. If gonna be a hot mess watching this one if thats what its about. <3
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What a stark comparison between MG's first dentist visit and Ollie's... Sure they are two different kids, but it just shows you how preparing your child for a new experience (bc Katie has preached in the past about how she prepares MG for new things) compared to making them fearful, can make such a huge difference.

ok yeah, Cullen seriously knows how to tear at your heartstrings, i'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face. I feel so badly for he and his mother and the whole family.. Sweet Tooter Girl. We do the same thing with our pets. We have a little clearing in the woods behind our house where we bury our pets. Pets are family, and nothing hurts worse than losing the pure innocent love of a family pet. :love2: :love2:
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Playsinrain wrote:cullen tweeted last night that todays vlog was going to be an emotional one for him. I wonder if its about Gradberry's dog passing or something else. We lost a very special kitty this weekend, I'm not a cat person, but this was the first kitty i had ever became really attached too.. If gonna be a hot mess watching this one if thats what its about. <3
Sorry for your loss. I was a mess during this one too.

Personal: I have only had one dog in my lifetime and she passed several years ago, I've been too emotionally scarred to get another one. She was purchased for me when I was young the first Christmas after my brother passed away. She grew into a much larger dog than expected and I remember for what seems to be a while I didn't give her the love she deserved, I'm not sure if it was fear of her size or what really was happening. She then, when she was about 8, got sick rapidly, I remember her collapsing and falling unconscious in my arms one night. When we took her to the vet we found she had a massive tumor in her stomach, and we had the choice of either putting her down, taking her home where she would probably starve to death before the cancer got her or risk surgery, which we couldn't at the time afford and there was an extremely slim survival rate, and even then it was predicted we would only get a few more months. She ended up being put down the day before the anniversary of my brothers death. Although I was with her when she passed, in my grief we left her body at the shelter and never gave her a proper burial, one thing I think I am still truly guilty for, and this made watching Cullen's video today even worse for me.

Sorry for the tangent! Its 3:30 am here so sleep deprivation and my emotions have led to this
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Ugh this vlog really caused waterworks for me. I lost my beloved 17 year old chocolate lab last month. :( although she was very old her death was sudden and heartbreaking. She was running and playing in the yard the day before with the other dog.

Last edited by MommaLindsey2 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I teared up as well. Cullen really is a good guy no matter how much of a jokester he is.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”