Chloe & Beans/Chloe, Rohie & Beans

weed
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chloe & Beans/Chloe, Rohie & Beans

Unread post by weed »

I really admire how they feed their children, but now I'm beginning to see cracks in even that. I think that Chloe (Ro doesn't count as he is so easy-going and seems to do whatever she tells him to) is on a mission to prove a few things. The first is their food. A lot of people have commented on how healthy it is ... and in so many ways it is and SO refreshing to see kids eating so many vegetables and fruit ... but now it is as if she is trying too hard. She constantly shows their food and yet with such an emphasis on vegetables I think she is lax in offering other things. Kids that age need more protein than a plateful of vegetables can give them three times a day. Where is their source of calcium, protein, carbohydrates, etc? I know that vegetables contain all of these, but they aren't a major source. Fantastic diet, but is needs to be widened or those little ones will suffer for it in later life.

The other thing that I think she is really trying to set out to prove is just how clever her kids are ... and she is using the homeschooling platform to push that. Yes they seem to be bright little buttons, but geez! Give it a rest! Stop trying to showcase their talents every single time you switch a camera on!

A few videos back a couple of people mentioned how Evan mumbles a lot and seemed to be just memorising words instead of reading. She jumped all over that and then in the next video she switched the emphasis to Otto to try and prove a point. Same comments about memorising words and not actually reading caused her to react and so the NEXT time she tried to showcase the triplets with an activity about sorting colours. I had a little private chuckle when they had idea how to do it, but what did she do? immediately brought Felix in to show that HE could do it. She needs to lighten up and stop trying to prove to everyone how clever her kids are.

I don't know how she is going to handle homeschooling with those kids. They already have their hands full with them and putting a homeschool curriculum on top of that is a recipe for disaster. Poor little kids need to go to school and I believe that they are missing out just to feed her ego about what a good mother she is and how well she teaches them.

She was pregnant at 18 and never had the chance to develop her own education beyond high school, so every time she talks about curriculum and child educational development it is obvious to me that she really doesn't have a clue. A well-rounded education os SO much more than being able to count and recognise words. So far I'm seeing a very narrow approach to the education of these kids and the sad part is that she honestly believes that she is doing a good job.

Wait for a few years and then see how miserable and isolated these kids are being homeschooled. She asked Even in a video if he liked homeschooling to prove her point and the kid yelled YES! Of course he did! He is four years old and know nothing else. What he really was yelling out for was the positive attention that homeschooling was giving him and the stimulation of the activities. He would get SO much more of that at school ... he would have a whole new world opening up for him with interaction other kids and independence from mum and dad ... he is crying out for that and he is being denied it.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm a ex school principal and have the experience to see what this kid is missing out on ... it is so sad! They have good intentions, but he deserves more than they can provide him with and that gap will only widen as he grows older and the other kids develop in his footsteps. Maybe by the time the triplets are ready for school Chloe will see the mistake she is making? I hope so.

I know some people won't agree with me, but I had to say what I believe. I really like this family, but they frustrate me.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by CypKitty »

weed wrote: so the NEXT time she tried to showcase the triplets with an activity about sorting colours. I had a little private chuckle when they had idea how to do it, but what did she do? immediately brought Felix in to show that HE could do it. She needs to lighten up and stop trying to prove to everyone how clever her kids are.
Oh yes, I laughed as well.

I am wondering though, is she concerned that the triplets don't have much speech yet? They are 2 in July, yeah?

And whoever said Rufus will be the difficult child - well out of 6 kids, not all are going to be angels
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

She replied to a comment on IG about the kids not being able to socialize if they're homeschooled and her response just made me roll my eyes. She said at school the kids would be stuck in a classroom with the same 20 kids everyday and wouldn't be able to meet anyone else. Seriously? Kids make friends on the bus rides to school, on the playground, at lunchtime, in the hallways. Like come the fuck on now. She did say that she wants to put them in after school activities which is great, but don't act like they won't have plenty of chances to make friends at school too.

And if you want to homeschool then you should have the same qualification as a teacher. Like why is that not how it is? Not saying that Chloe isn't smart but like someone else said, she never got to even experience life, particularly college. All she knows is babies. I'm sure she is doing her best but your google degree doesn't replace and actual college education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

Aboogabooga wrote:She replied to a comment on IG about the kids not being able to socialize if they're homeschooled and her response just made me roll my eyes. She said at school the kids would be stuck in a classroom with the same 20 kids everyday and wouldn't be able to meet anyone else. Seriously? Kids make friends on the bus rides to school, on the playground, at lunchtime, in the hallways. Like come the fuck on now. She did say that she wants to put them in after school activities which is great, but don't act like they won't have plenty of chances to make friends at school too.

And if you want to homeschool then you should have the same qualification as a teacher. Like why is that not how it is? Not saying that Chloe isn't smart but like someone else said, she never got to even experience life, particularly college. All she knows is babies. I'm sure she is doing her best but your google degree doesn't replace and actual college education.

What is wrong with being around the same 20 kids everyday? Her kids need to be around new kids every time they get a chance to socialize? Being around the same kids everyday is how you form bonds. I changed around schools a lot (moms fault, won't get in to it) but my husband still has several friends from kindergarten. He's 27. His best friend he talks to almost everyday he went from kindergarten all the way through high school with. She thinks out of 20 kids her children couldn't find a few friends they would get along with?

fortwendy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by fortwendy »

20 seems like a lot more variety than 5... There is a big difference between 5 younger siblings and 20 same-aged peers.

I wonder if she's afraid of/avoiding something or if she's just really full of herself or what.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

I can't stand the fact that Chloe talks about early childhood education and that she is homeschooling her kids. I worked hard to earn my Master's degree in Early Childhood Education and have become a qualified teacher. The fact this girl thinks she has these qualifications blows my mind! It is insulting! I feel bad for her kids they are going to end up isolated, behind and confused. She doesn't even have a 2 year degree in anything! How does she expect to teach them in the long run? It is sad and irresponsible. She wants to keep them in her own little bubble, with their long hair, vegetarian diet "which is perfectly fine but you get where this is going", and no concept of socializing.
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

We don't get a school kid bonus anymore, the family tax benefit you get but parenting payment is only available till youngest child is six then it's new start so a cut from $600 per fortnight to $449,
Yes we are incredibly lucky but family tax is the only subsidy that increases per child parenting payment partnered is a lump sum.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

Ooh I meant to add a bit about cost if living here , rent ,groceries, clothes etc are all a lot higher and subsidised housing doesn't go bigger than 4 rooms but they no longer build them so biggest available is 3 rooms so there is the fact that they will need to pay around 600 a week for accommodation.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

From my own experience being home schooled there are groups of home schoolers but they tend to involve the same "kind" of people. Going to school i met so many different people from different backgrounds cultures and experiences.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Being with the same 20 people is not only how you form bonds (my husband also has the same two best friends since grade 1... they were in our wedding and now our kids are best friends) buit it is also how you learn to problem solve and over come issues... like if Billy never shares and you have to sit with him most often you learn to deal with Billy... if Bob your science partner is a slacker and you have to work on a project together you learn how to stand your ground/stand up for yourself etc.... when you are on the playground and Susie is being mean... you tell your mom and you leave. That isnt how it works in the real world.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

CypKitty wrote:
weed wrote: so the NEXT time she tried to showcase the triplets with an activity about sorting colours. I had a little private chuckle when they had idea how to do it, but what did she do? immediately brought Felix in to show that HE could do it. She needs to lighten up and stop trying to prove to everyone how clever her kids are.

I am wondering though, is she concerned that the triplets don't have much speech yet? They are 2 in July, yeah?

And whoever said Rufus will be the difficult child - well out of 6 kids, not all are going to be angels
They were born at 28 weeks gestation, so they might be at their due date age with some of their development than their birth age. Doctors won't worry about their speech until over the age of two anyway.

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

staceybrax wrote:
CypKitty wrote:

They were born at 28 weeks gestation, so they might be at their due date age with some of their development than their birth age. Doctors won't worry about their speech until over the age of two anyway.

I did forget to take that into account - I forgot they were born so early.
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Aboogabooga wrote:She replied to a comment on IG about the kids not being able to socialize if they're homeschooled and her response just made me roll my eyes. She said at school the kids would be stuck in a classroom with the same 20 kids everyday and wouldn't be able to meet anyone else. Seriously? Kids make friends on the bus rides to school, on the playground, at lunchtime, in the hallways. Like come the fuck on now. She did say that she wants to put them in after school activities which is great, but don't act like they won't have plenty of chances to make friends at school too.

What a load of bull! Did she forget that a school consists of more than 20 children? That thet learn different cultures? That not everyone is like them?

This is why I hate hearing that people homeschool. It is like a bloody cult so they stay with the 'same' kind of people
olim
Talker
Talker

Unread post by olim »

Are their Steiner schools in Australia? Maybe something like that would suit them.

I don't really get homeschool. Why keep kids at home and have them be educated by someone with very little education? (there is NOTHING wrong with someone not going to college, but there's a reason why it is a requirement for teachers....) Maybe it's a control thing idk. I really like this family, but the school issue is the one thing I don't agree with. Having gone through a masters in education, I know she can't possibly have the knowledge to provide Evan with the education he deserves over the next 15 years!!
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I think she's scared they're gonna influence them to do bad things and not to be vegan/vegetarian anymore. She wants to keep them in a safe bubble
olim
Talker
Talker

Unread post by olim »

olim wrote:Are their Steiner schools in Australia? Maybe something like that would suit them.

I don't really get homeschool. Why keep kids at home and have them be educated by someone with very little education? (there is NOTHING wrong with someone not going to college, but there's a reason why it is a requirement for teachers....) Maybe it's a control thing idk. I really like this family, but the school issue is the one thing I don't agree with. Having gone through a masters in education, I know she can't possibly have the knowledge to provide Evan with the education he deserves over the next 15 years!!
Oh man, just spotted this. I'm some hypocrite :?
It was early morning :oops:
CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

blackroses wrote:I think she's scared they're gonna influence them to do bad things and not to be vegan/vegetarian anymore. She wants to keep them in a safe bubble
That is the whole point of homeschool. To keep them all bubbled up
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

CypKitty wrote:
blackroses wrote:I think she's scared they're gonna influence them to do bad things and not to be vegan/vegetarian anymore. She wants to keep them in a safe bubble
That is the whole point of homeschool. To keep them all bubbled up
That is something I never thought of. Interesting. When you think of it the majority of people homeschooled are very religious so it does fit with that theory. If I had strong values either religion or the way we eat etc.. I would want my children to be tested to see if those values meant as much to them or if they could be strong enough to deal with criticism etc... It is easy to stand in front of your family and say "This is what I stand for" because they believe the same things but toitally different to have to do it in the real world.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

She said in an old video, might be that old Q&A, if the kids wanted to try meat some day that she would let them. I highly doubt that now lol.

CypKitty
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Aboogabooga wrote:She said in an old video, might be that old Q&A, if the kids wanted to try meat some day that she would let them. I highly doubt that now lol.

I doubt it too. Just like if they actually asked for a haircut. I think she would tell them no to a short cut

Return to “Chloe and Beans”