E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

luv4u859
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by luv4u859 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but imo, any "preschool" before the age of 4 is a glorified daycare; unless there is a particular need for it.
Not necessarily. I'm a preschool teacher. I teach in the 3 year old classroom. I work for the Abbott district. We have to follow a curriculum just like other schools, we have teacher liaisons who come in an observe us, we have trainings we have to go through and we have an observation called ECERS, have a schedule we have to follow, we do large and small group activities and the kids are actually taught, they don't just play all day. So no preschool before 4 isn't a daycare. We are so much more then just a daycare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post, so hopefully I'm doing this right haha

I'm still surprised that they put Jackson in preschool so soon. Weren't they just talking about starting school in a few months, and then he starts the next day? Ellie said Jackson has been mean or giving her attitude lately and I feel like she was eager to get him in preschool to have an excuse for someone else to take care of him. Maybe that's a terrible thought, but sadly I wouldn't put it past Ellie.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

luv4u859 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but imo, any "preschool" before the age of 4 is a glorified daycare; unless there is a particular need for it.
Not necessarily. I'm a preschool teacher. I teach in the 3 year old classroom. I work for the Abbott district. We have to follow a curriculum just like other schools, we have teacher liaisons who come in an observe us, we have trainings we have to go through and we have an observation called ECERS, have a schedule we have to follow, we do large and small group activities and the kids are actually taught, they don't just play all day. So no preschool before 4 isn't a daycare. We are so much more then just a daycare.

Thank you for that explanation and not coming off as irritated with me. I apologize that my post may have come off as putting down your field of work, because that certainly was not my intention at all. I completely respect what you do, because it takes a certain kind of person, indeed, so I just want to say that I applaud you!

I understand that there may be lesson plans and such, and that this environment has many benefits for young children. It wasn't my intention to downplay that. What I meant by "glorified daycare" is that it is an easy out for lazy, SAHP parents to send their very young kids off and not be judged for sending them to daycare (not the case for everyone, of course, I'm just talking about E+J). I mentioned before that I am all for it, IF it's necessary. I just can't see any necessity in it for Jackson other than his parents laziness and his mother's inability to properly take care of him.

But, as it has been said by others , I too am confident that it will be better for Jacks in the long run. It just peeves me to see his parents shoving him off unnecessarily, when, imo, they should be cherishing the time they have with him while they have this unique opportunity, that's all :)

And, a little honesty on their end wouldn't hurt either.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I don't think Jackson particularly "needs" preschool/daycare in the sense that he is behind on his milestones, in need of socialization, or requires enrichment. And yes, two stay-at-home parents ought to be able to handle the intellectual and emotional needs of a toddler. Also, it's low-key obnoxious for the 2 SAHPs to send their kid away when so many parents all over the world would give literally anything to be able to stay home with their kids and play games, do crafts, snuggle, etc.

But I'm still glad he is going, even in the (likely) event this particular "preschool" is more of a daycare. Ellie is a narcissist who favors Calvin and Jared enables her. Whatever satisfaction, enjoyment, self-esteem, etc that Jackson gets in life is likely to happen outside the home. He has all the qualities required to make friends, be praised by teachers, and so on and so forth. I think that even a basic daycare will be better for him than staying at home full-time for 2 more years with E+J, watching Peppa Pig and being Ellie's scapegoat "bad" child.

Ellie's reasons are, of course, most likely to be self-serving. But whatever her motivation, I think Jackson will benefit.
This is what I was trying to say! Thank you for wording it much better! But I will just add to the many others how completely confused I am that he's starting preschool in February, in the middle of the week, after Ellie specifically said she was buying stuff to teach him at home until he was ready to start in a few months maybe. I am SO LOST.
Feb 7 vlog "We are going to start learning and focusing just a little bit more on some activities we're going to be doing from here until the end of the summer and then we'll kind of see where we're at then, see if I want to put him in preschool or have him home..."

TWO days later: First Day of School!!!
Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

NYNY07 wrote:
jaieao wrote:It really does seem like she is reading this! I wonder if she is almost making a game out of all of the criticisms and checking them off with each vlog-

(X) jackson's blanket - show him under his sheets
(X) why I've been so emotional lately
(X) bath bombs are edible

Etc. maybe she is interested to see what else you all can come up with to criticize her for if she keeps "fixing" them, or addressing them with each vlog.

Maybe we should tell her to say some sort of keyword in their next vlog to let us know she is reading this. Image

What's on her list for tomorrow? I have a few to start Ellie.
- get Jackson a new (preferably booger free shirt)
- fix Jackson's haircut
- explain the whole pre-school (daycare) situation

NYNY07 I thought the same thing about his shirt!
Ellie: stop buying lush bath bombs & buy some things for your children!
Jared: enough with your drones & guitars! My gosh, but at least buy the boys a couple of new outfits! Ur ridiculous!

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I felt kind of bad for Jared when he was talking about how much he loves the warm welcome from his puppy. I know he and Ellie talked about the 5 love languages a few months ago and Jared said his biggest was physical touch. He just seems kind of starved for love from Ellie. He's always praising her, buying her gifts, and cleaning up messes from the kids (which are her love languages)
I think it would be really good for their marriage to get away together (and not vlog it).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

winniewise wrote:I felt kind of bad for Jared when he was talking about how much he loves the warm welcome from his puppy. I know he and Ellie talked about the 5 love languages a few months ago and Jared said his biggest was physical touch. He just seems kind of starved for love from Ellie. He's always praising her, buying her gifts, and cleaning up messes from the kids (which are her love languages)
I think it would be really good for their marriage to get away together (and not vlog it).

A getaway won't help them. Ellie seems to lack empathy for Jared, and time away isn't likely to change that. It will just be another thing he makes ALL ABOUT HER.

She is spoiled and self-centred and that means taking everything she can get from Jared, but rarely giving back. If she's going to step up her empathy game, then her children could use a bit more attention. I don't see a lot of hope for Jared.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

IceCreamCone wrote:
winniewise wrote:I felt kind of bad for Jared when he was talking about how much he loves the warm welcome from his puppy. I know he and Ellie talked about the 5 love languages a few months ago and Jared said his biggest was physical touch. He just seems kind of starved for love from Ellie. He's always praising her, buying her gifts, and cleaning up messes from the kids (which are her love languages)

A getaway won't help them. Ellie seems to lack empathy for Jared, and time away isn't likely to change that. It will just be another thing he makes ALL ABOUT HER.

She is spoiled and self-centred and that means taking everything she can get from Jared, but rarely giving back. If she's going to step up her empathy game, then her children could use a bit more attention. I don't see a lot of hope for Jared.
That makes sense. How sad.
I think that's why Jared talks about Katie being his YT crush. She has a warmth about her (a lot like Jared's mom, IMO).
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

My thoughts from today's vlog.....

Did anyone else notice the wardrobe change that Ellie and Jared suddenly had toward the end of the vlog? Jared mentioned the wall and for a second Ellie didn't seem to know what he was talking about. Curious!

Jackson's room is so bare! I feel so sorry for him. It seems cold, sterile and devoid of personality. More like a children's room you'd find at a vacation rental. Not at all like a room lived in by a 3 year old!

Ellie has a different tone when she speaks to Jackson. It lacks warmth most of the time. Not so when she speaks of Cal.

Why was it ok for Cal to stand on the table? Also, was it necessary for Jared to include his pants down...or the dressing of Jackson. Jackson was wearing a diaper by the way, so I'm not sure if that clears up the preschool vs daycare debate or not. If nothing else, we'll see in the summer if he's still in school.

I'm glad he had fun. I believe he had fun! I hate when Ellie and Jared tell us all the cute things he says though. YOUR JOB IS TO VLOG! Makes me think a lot of what they say is a lie. They have zero credibility with me anymore.

Joel is 100% going to need to come over and help fix that wall. We've repaired many dents, and Jared clearly has no clue what he's doing.

He got 80 boxes of Dr Pepper right? I wouldn't have questioned whether he was donating it or not, but since Ellie was so quick to interject with how Jared has given lots away, I decided to count them....

He has about 75 left. We saw him open a couple in previous vlogs. My guess is that he's given 3 or 4 away. So charitable! I'm glad Ellie cleared that up :?
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

luv4u859 wrote:

So you would probably object to being called a Daycare then right? I think this is why people say they'd be annoyed to find out that Ellie is calling a daycare "preschool".

There is a difference. Not calling it the correct thing is recognizing that, and hiding the truth because it sounds better (just like playdate).
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

menehune wrote:Jackson's room is so bare! I feel so sorry for him. It seems cold, sterile and devoid of personality. More like a children's room you'd find at a vacation rental. Not at all like a room lived in by a 3 year old! :?
I was thinking the same thing! I still don't get why Calvin and Jackson aren't sharing a room.. at least until Jackson is a bit older. The poor kid is down in the basement with his empty room and curtains covering the one little window. It seems like it would be claustrophobic
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

God that kid is the cutest thing ever! Almost as cute as mine was at that age. He's going to love preschool.
Haven't watched a whole E&J vlog for a while. Have they always done the subtitles? It's weird to me.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

luv4u859 wrote:

Thank you! I don't think people realize that there is very little difference between preschool and most licensed daycare facilities, except for the hours they are open - at least the ones I'm familiar with.
honeybear
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by honeybear »

Wow this thread is harsh. If you are scolding E&J for sending Jackson to preschool, you would have hated my parents. I was in "nursery school" from 2-3 years old, then junior kindergarten at 4/5, senior kindergarten at 5/6, etc. I mean, fair enough, I had two full time working parents, but I see nothing wrong with sending him outside the home for learning. I don't think it's wrong, even if she can teach him herself, and even if her motive is only to get a break from Jackson. She is cooped up in that house with him 24/7 - personally, I could never be a SAHM, I'd go crazy. There is nothing wrong with needing some space - it's healthy, they don't have to be attached to each other at all times. I think it's great what she's doing! Sending him to preschool to learn and socialize is the best thing for him, even if he's "already good at it", or whatever she said. Being around other kids is something he probably thoroughly enjoys, rather than being around his "old" parents all the time.
Just my take on it.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

lmmomSD wrote:God that kid is the cutest thing ever! Almost as cute as mine was at that age. He's going to love preschool.
Haven't watched a whole E&J vlog for a while. Have they always done the subtitles? It's weird to me.

They haven't always done the subtitles, there's a few vlogs that have them and I'm hearing impaired and it really helps me so I like that they do them, I hope they continue doing it.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

I think j house vlogs have had subtitles and ha e recently requested people to help translate their vlogs into different languages so maybe E+J are taking a cue from the them?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ceirsten8676 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:God that kid is the cutest thing ever! Almost as cute as mine was at that age. He's going to love preschool.

They haven't always done the subtitles, there's a few vlogs that have them and I'm hearing impaired and it really helps me so I like that they do them, I hope they continue doing it.

That's a good point. Thanks for sharing that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

honeybear wrote:Wow this thread is harsh. If you are scolding E&J for sending Jackson to preschool, you would have hated my parents. I was in "nursery school" from 2-3 years old, then junior kindergarten at 4/5, senior kindergarten at 5/6, etc. I mean, fair enough, I had two full time working parents, but I see nothing wrong with sending him outside the home for learning. I don't think it's wrong, even if she can teach him herself, and even if her motive is only to get a break from Jackson. She is cooped up in that house with him 24/7 - personally, I could never be a SAHM, I'd go crazy. There is nothing wrong with needing some space - it's healthy, they don't have to be attached to each other at all times. I think it's great what she's doing! Sending him to preschool to learn and socialize is the best thing for him, even if he's "already good at it", or whatever she said. Being around other kids is something he probably thoroughly enjoys, rather than being around his "old" parents all the time.
Just my take on it.
Couldn't agree more. It's almost as if having two parents who have to work full time is a bad thing. In the end it didn't harm me any, it taught me to love school from a young age, and shocker I still have a great relationship with both parents. Also, Jackson is HAPPY, everyone here moans how he isn't allowed to shown emotion and he appears to be doing something that makes him so happy and people are critical of that. I'm sure he isn't getting that at home while being second best child.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I think it's great that Jackson is going to preschool early. Socialization is one of the biggest benefits and he should play with kids who aren't his cousins. I also think Jackson will really benefit from a loving, ahem, stable preschool teacher who praises and encourages him. I'm happy for him that he's going, whether it's preschool or daycare. I don't care if Ellie just needs a break. It will benefit Jackson.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I cannot believe everyone lost their shit over the play date/babysitter debacle, but no one cares if E&J are lying and calling daycare preschool. For the millionth time, that is what people were arguing was questionable, NOT PRESCHOOL.

If this were DB and they potentially sent Ollie or Finn to preschool and we found out it was daycare so Missy could have a break I think everyone would absolutely be side-eying it.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”