DailyHomeImprovements: Part #81

MrsPittman
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyHomeImprovements: Part #81

Unread post by MrsPittman »

Just finished watching the rock climbing vlog. If I have to listen to Bryan say "BRO" one more time I might stab my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think we can say one way or another that Ollie is on the autism spectrum, or diagnose him. Most of his odd behaviors can be explained by the lifestyle his parents have given him, coupled with the lack of discipline. His jadedness is from being spoiled and that's 100% B&M's fault.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

100midas wrote:This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think we can say one way or another that Ollie is on the autism spectrum, or diagnose him. Most of his odd behaviors can be explained by the lifestyle his parents have given him, coupled with the lack of discipline. His jadedness is from being spoiled and that's 100% B&M's fault.
Exactly. Even those of us who have kids on the spectrum can't say. We're not supposed to diagnose anyway. None of us are his doctor, and if one of us was, it would be against the law to dish his medical records.
With the way his parents interact with each other and him, it's impossible to tell because they don't make eye contact with him. They talk to the camera. And he does it too now. So they're not teaching him how to interact with people. I know we compare him to Gaines a lot, but if you watch her, she looks at the camera sometimes, but at her parents at other times. Because when they talk to her, they don't look at the camera. They hold it out and film themselves talking to _her_ most of the time. Bryan and Missy don't do that with Ollie.
All we can do is speculate. Unfortunately, if Ollie _is_ on the spectrum, nobody will likely do anything about it until he's in school, and then Bryan and Missy will probably just say the teachers "don't get him", and ignore it, and homeschool him instead.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I agree that we cannot and should not diagnose here, but this does bring up a question i have..
When my daughter was about 18months-2years old (cant remember what exact check up it was) I remember her dr asking some very specific questions about her behavior. One of the questions was about aversion to loud noises. That was a big one with her at that age, (I mean we couldnt even take her into a restaurant with live or loud music without her losing her junk) she was terrified of loud sounds. As soon as we said yes to that one, her dr had us fill out a spectrum questionnaire. It was all yes and no questions about her behavior and social skills. While thankfully, she did not exhibit any other signs of being on the spectrum, my point is, wouldn't they already have had this conv with his dr? I'm sure we wouldn't hear anything about it at all, but if his dr had any question about it, wouldnt they already have him evaluated? Unless he's getting help without our knowledge, then they may have just ignored it. things could be totally different now, as that was at the very least 10 years ago when my daughter had that issue... But with them, i can't say that i think they are doing everything they should for him, bc i feel like his dr would 100% be concerned with his speech at this point (either they lie to the dr about it, or they refuse to seek help, or best case he is getting help but they are just too wrapped up in how they look to show that) .. Who knows..
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

Yum! Vomit Bowl Valentines!

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 986140.jpg[/img]

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vomit AND ceiling leak as well!! Its the all purpose germ bowl! (with all the money they have and love to spend one would think Missy would have more than one large bowl in her kitchen. I have a few for cooking, and a couple that stay under the sink and in our laundry room for non food purposes, come on Missy, its not that hard AND you get to shop.. its a win win..)
alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

lmmomSD wrote:
100midas wrote:This may be an unpopular opinion but I don't think we can say one way or another that Ollie is on the autism spectrum, or diagnose him. Most of his odd behaviors can be explained by the lifestyle his parents have given him, coupled with the lack of discipline. His jadedness is from being spoiled and that's 100% B&M's fault.
Exactly. Even those of us who have kids on the spectrum can't say. We're not supposed to diagnose anyway. None of us are his doctor, and if one of us was, it would be against the law to dish his medical records.
With the way his parents interact with each other and him, it's impossible to tell because they don't make eye contact with him. They talk to the camera. And he does it too now. So they're not teaching him how to interact with people. I know we compare him to Gaines a lot, but if you watch her, she looks at the camera sometimes, but at her parents at other times. Because when they talk to her, they don't look at the camera. They hold it out and film themselves talking to _her_ most of the time. Bryan and Missy don't do that with Ollie.
All we can do is speculate. Unfortunately, if Ollie _is_ on the spectrum, nobody will likely do anything about it until he's in school, and then Bryan and Missy will probably just say the teachers "don't get him", and ignore it, and homeschool him instead.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yes, SLP here. I do not believe he's on the spectrum. His strange food habits, behavioral problems, and inability to form attachments in my opinion, are the direct result of gis environment.
sasicil76
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sasicil76 »

just throwing my opinions out there..

bryan and missy both are doing wrong by trying to get their kids to be their friend.. by asking instead of telling, not disciplining and laughing instead, and by calling them bro or buddy, or dude. he is your son not your bro or your dude. have some respect.

also jackson started preschool and had an awesome time. looks like ollie might be going sooner than expected. also gaines went to the dentist and didnt fuss once. cullen and katie have such a good foundation going on for there kids teaching them responsibility. ellie and jared praying before he went to pre-school. not everything is perfect in their lives and parenting skills but its a HUGE difference than B&M and only time will tell when ollie and finn cant hear no and not breakdown when their older.
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bryan's dress is so sexy. Where can I get one?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 8a75bd.jpg[/img]

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Emoji eggs? wtf? And Missy whined about them (wonder where Ollie gets it Missy?) and they never showed her eating them.

When Luna comes home. Finn is in the drawers by the front door, just grabbing something out of it and eating it. Looks like gummy candy. Do they just have stashes of candy all over the house or what?

Is it common to let a dog run around all day with a leash on just dragging it? I would be too worried about them snagging it on something or tripping up on it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

sasicil76 wrote:just throwing my opinions out there..

bryan and missy both are doing wrong by trying to get their kids to be their friend.. by asking instead of telling, not disciplining and laughing instead, and by calling them bro or buddy, or dude. he is your son not your bro or your dude. have some respect.

also jackson started preschool and had an awesome time. looks like ollie might be going sooner than expected. also gaines went to the dentist and didnt fuss once. cullen and katie have such a good foundation going on for there kids teaching them responsibility. ellie and jared praying before he went to pre-school. not everything is perfect in their lives and parenting skills but its a HUGE difference than B&M and only time will tell when ollie and finn cant hear no and not breakdown when their older.
Just curious. What does filming a prayer before school have to do with preparing him?

They have him one to two days notice about going. They didn't exactly put the same preparation in that C&K do with Gaines, they just got lucky that Jackson is such an easygoing and flexible chikd.
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

So, on the one hand, I'm glad the Lumps sent Luna away for training. Lord knows they weren't going to do it! However, they said she was just trained to sit, stay, come, and heel. That's something they could have done themselves if they weren't so freaking lazy! Also, she is done potty training? Um, all of the potty training in the world isn't going to matter if they ignore the signs that they need to let her out! I'm a terrible person, so I'm enjoying watching them spend themselves into the poor house LOL but this just seems like a complete waste of money since I highly doubt they will keep up with Luna's training!

Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

Bryans shirts looks like a onesie that hasn't been buttoned!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Gre
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Gre »

Sevan116 wrote:Bryans shirts looks like a onesie that hasn't been buttoned!

At least for once he's trying to look like his forgotten son.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk
sasicil76
Talker
Talker

HelloSweetie wrote:
sasicil76 wrote:just throwing my opinions out there..

Just curious. What does filming a prayer before school have to do with preparing him?

They have him one to two days notice about going. They didn't exactly put the same preparation in that C&K do with Gaines, they just got lucky that Jackson is such an easygoing and flexible chikd.
im not sorry the prayer wasnt meant to be part of a preparation but bonding their family together by a prayer and having him say it just spoke out to me in ways that B&M do not.
sasicil76
Talker
Talker

also just watched missys "8 week update" for finn and she explains her massive breakouts in a way that she normally states she doesnt get acne but now since shes pregnant shes covered.. seems to be a bit of a parallel now? she also explained bryan went away to cambodia and she was alone to take care of oliver which wasnt true bc of mimi and papa but how strange because she went on the trip alone and was emotional and possibly sick? could have explained why she was also starving as well.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

You think they will try for a viral pregnancy announcement this time?

Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:You think they will try for a viral pregnancy announcement this time?

Yeah they will find a way for Bryan to find out first and surprise Missy.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Seriously missy looked awful in this vlog, I don't know why her face looked extra dry and wrinkly, her hair too, just more wasted than usual.

Such liars when mentioning KARMA was accidentallly on the wrong side of the fence.
Um no bitch you keep him there so you could have your precious montage of Luna. I bet they lock karma on that side all night.

Missy didn't seem sad about Finley napping while they shoot the video, seemed planned.

Oh how funny Bryan you have to hide your body from the camera by always squatting or bending over?!?

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Amelia322 wrote:Seriously missy looked awful in this vlog, I don't know why her face looked extra dry and wrinkly, her hair too, just more wasted than usual.

Such liars when mentioning KARMA was accidentallly on the wrong side of the fence.
Um no bitch you keep him there so you could have your precious montage of Luna. I bet they lock karma on that side all night.

Missy didn't seem sad about Finley napping while they shoot the video, seemed planned.

Oh how funny Bryan you have to hide your body from the camera by always squatting or bending over?!?

Maybe Missy really IS pregnant and it's a girl this time, who is stealing her looks.

Return to “Daily Bumps”