OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Thoseonevloggers
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Unread post by Thoseonevloggers »

Because I had nothing better to do and I know it has been brought up before. This really shows just how much Oscar has aged!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Not true. Issue with VBAC is risk of uterine rupture, which is .5-.9% in mom's with a lower transverse incision. Kyra has an internal inverted T incision making her risk of rupture slightly higher. But a repeat c section has its risks, just like a VBAC. Difference is it's scheduled, more predictable and more controlled. But it can still be dangerous and isn't actually safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

im curious, are you a doctor? You sound very educated on this topic[/quote]

I'm a L&D nurse and I work for an OBGYN.
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

missy-1010 wrote:It's so weird that Kyras Mom isn't the one there. Correct me if I'm wrong but Kyra doesn't have any young siblings like Oscar does right? Her mom just seems like an asshole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyra definitely doesn't seem to be best buddies with her mom,
but her mom is a single mother still raising a teen boy, and I believe she is a nurse, or something like that.
It's probably a bit harder for her to take time off, than it is for Korina.
Korina does have 2 kids at home, but if what someone said about her working at a school is true, it's a bit easier to take
time off from a job like that. I'm just piecing things together, & I could be wrong... but I'd like
to give Kyra's mom the benefit of the doubt. Let's just hope she maybe has a weekend she
can come spend with them after the baby is born. :)
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Haha I love how oscars mom has Levi on a reg schedule already and he actually wanted to take a nap! Duh cause he was up before noon and actually went out and did things and they played with him. I actually enjoyed Keira's prank and how he thought he was hot stuff cause he avoided the cold water and wound up falling on his ass! So Keira's dad doesn't think they can handle baby number two I found that interesting I hope she can prove him wrong and step up, we all know Oscar won't!

ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

webbygurl626 wrote:Haha I love how oscars mom has Levi on a reg schedule already and he actually wanted to take a nap! Duh cause he was up before noon and actually went out and did things and they played with him. I actually enjoyed Keira's prank and how he thought he was hot stuff cause he avoided the cold water and wound up falling on his ass! So Keira's dad doesn't think they can handle baby number two I found that interesting I hope she can prove him wrong and step up, we all know Oscar won't!

lol I noticed this too. They were marveling at how ready he was to fall asleep. Yeah, no shit Sherlock. Amazing things happen when you don't inflict the sleeping schedule of a 20something onto a toddler.

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
kkkk wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Vbac not c-section is more dangerous. Lol

Not true. Issue with VBAC is risk of uterine rupture, which is .5-.9% in mom's with a lower transverse incision. Kyra has an internal inverted T incision making her risk of rupture slightly higher. But a repeat c section has its risks, just like a VBAC. Difference is it's scheduled, more predictable and more controlled. But it can still be dangerous and isn't actually safer.

im curious, are you a doctor? You sound very educated on this topic
I'm going for a VBAC so have learned a ton from my midwives, ICAN group, doula and my own research. Have had to educate myself a ton since my last delivery. I'm due in 2 1/2 weeks :)

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

I like to think Kyra's mom and grandma are more involved than is portrayed in the vlogs. She's always mentioned how they do talk on the phone and are always in touch. I hope that's all true and her family isn't as uninvolved as it comes across in their vlogs. Thank goodness for Korina. He's really the only grandmother Levi knows. They spent almost a year in Montana 5 hours from Kyra's mom, and they saw Korina much more! Very very strange :-/

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

LOL oscar deserved to get pooped on. xD That bit was funny.
also so funny how korina kinda threw some shade to oscar: "dont believe what he says. He wakes up and goes to bed and doesnt fuss/isnt problematic at all" about levi. it's amazing how much better levi gets when his gma is around. shows how crappy o and K's parenting is.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

kkkk wrote:I like to think Kyra's mom and grandma are more involved than is portrayed in the vlogs. She's always mentioned how they do talk on the phone and are always in touch. I hope that's all true and her family isn't as uninvolved as it comes across in their vlogs. Thank goodness for Korina. He's really the only grandmother Levi knows. They spent almost a year in Montana 5 hours from Kyra's mom, and they saw Korina much more! Very very strange :-/

From what I've gathered, she doesn't seem completely mentally stable or healthy, so I'm inclined to think Kyra has her reasons for keeping her distance. Especially considering how she's mentioned numerous times that her childhood was pretty rough. Idk what's going on there but I definitely know the feeling of wanting to shelter my loved ones from toxic/unhealthy relatives.

d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

Also Kyras Mom isn't made of money or has a lot of money like Oscars family, Kyras Dad and Kyras grandparents
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

ecf997 wrote:
kkkk wrote:I like to think Kyra's mom and grandma are more involved than is portrayed in the vlogs. She's always mentioned how they do talk on the phone and are always in touch. I hope that's all true and her family isn't as uninvolved as it comes across in their vlogs. Thank goodness for Korina. He's really the only grandmother Levi knows. They spent almost a year in Montana 5 hours from Kyra's mom, and they saw Korina much more! Very very strange :-/

From what I've gathered, she doesn't seem completely mentally stable or healthy, so I'm inclined to think Kyra has her reasons for keeping her distance. Especially considering how she's mentioned numerous times that her childhood was pretty rough. Idk what's going on there but I definitely know the feeling of wanting to shelter my loved ones from toxic/unhealthy relatives.

What would make you think that she isn't mentally stable????
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:LOL oscar deserved to get pooped on. xD That bit was funny.
also so funny how korina kinda threw some shade to oscar: "dont believe what he says. He wakes up and goes to bed and doesnt fuss/isnt problematic at all" about levi. it's amazing how much better levi gets when his gma is around. shows how crappy o and K's parenting is.
I think that's the experience of a mom of 4 speaking as well. Korina knows that this isn't the difficult age yet :) I don't think Levi is that difficult as O and K always say, they are just overwhelmed to take care of him 24/7.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

ilovelamp wrote: What would make you think that she isn't mentally stable????
This was discussed in one of the old threads, someone brought it up and mentioned that she wasn't living at home for a while due to conflicts with her Mom and I guess some comments in older vlogs/q and a's indicated that some stuff was going on. I don't really feel like digging up receipts atm but the discussion seemed to indicate that they weren't on the best terms due to her being a source of toxicity. So that was why I said that in speculation as to why they might not be close. But I have no idea what's really going on so take it with a grain of salt I guess.
missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

ecf997 wrote:

If that's the case I don't blame her! My mom has severe mental health issues she refused to work on, and it ended up driving me to move 4.5 hours away from her. I will not have her involved in my children's life, and I dread the time I do become pregnant and her finding out about it.
I'm glad they at least have Oscars mom and grandma Kathy to help provide emotional support. I think Oscars mom is lovely, and very inclined to help with Kyra will certainly need! Maybe Grandma Kathy is coming after his mom leaves.

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

missy-1010 wrote:
ecf997 wrote:

If that's the case I don't blame her! My mom has severe mental health issues she refused to work on, and it ended up driving me to move 4.5 hours away from her. I will not have her involved in my children's life, and I dread the time I do become pregnant and her finding out about it.
I'm glad they at least have Oscars mom and grandma Kathy to help provide emotional support. I think Oscars mom is lovely, and very inclined to help with Kyra will certainly need! Maybe Grandma Kathy is coming after his mom leaves.

I agree. My bio mom has mental health issues as well. I don't speak with her. Wouldn't want her around my kids. Good thing Kyra has Korina.

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

Kyras mom seems like mom and if she is then I truely feel for her. My mom is selfish. My grandmother raised my siblings and myself because my mom was too busy with her friends and boyfriend of the month. The only time she ever came to visit me in college was to help me move into a new apartment and she would leave the same day. When I had my daughter, her first grandchild, she didn't come visit for almost a month. She only came because I begged her and guilt tripped her, and once again she left the same day. I can tell kyra doesn't expect much from her mom just like me. It's sad and I tend to cling to my husbands family instead because they are what I always wanted to be. I'm so glad kyra has korina to help her.
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

I feel like people forget that Kyra's little brother lived with their mom this whole time. I have a feeling she isn't necessarily a bad person,
but maybe Kyra wanted to move to LA with her dad to live that lifestyle. Who could blame her? As a teen I was always jealous of teens who
grew up in LA... don't ask me why. As a grown adult I never even want to visit that place lol. That or maybe her and her mother had a falling out
or just didn't get along. Brandon (?) seems like a well rounded kid, so I don't think her mother was the only issue there.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

kkkk wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:
ecf997 wrote: From what I've gathered, she doesn't seem completely mentally stable or healthy, so I'm inclined to think Kyra has her reasons for keeping her distance. Especially considering how she's mentioned numerous times that her childhood was pretty rough. Idk what's going on there but I definitely know the feeling of wanting to shelter my loved ones from toxic/unhealthy relatives.

I agree. My bio mom has mental health issues as well. I don't speak with her. Wouldn't want her around my kids. Good thing Kyra has Korina.

I've only interacted with my aunt a handful of times because my mom spent her life protecting me from her. She never wanted us around her. Growing up I resented her for it, but now I understand. It's a horrible decision for a parent to make, but ultimately for the best.

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Does someone know when they say they will post the name reveal video? I AM SOOOOOOO BORED!!!
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Midia wrote:Does someone know when they say they will post the name reveal video? I AM SOOOOOOO BORED!!!
I'm betting tomorrow. Idk what time. I'm pretty sure the scheduled C is for tomorrow (no clue why they're being so secretive about it, but whatever), so if that's true it'll probably release the morning of.

Return to “OKBaby”