8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by natalka81 »

And Ruby proves that she can do a good job supporting her kids in mainstream school in this vlog as she follows Chad through the science fair and seems genuinely happy with his success (okay, apart from the fact that she says she's not looking forward to the awards ceremony because she wants to go home and eat). If Chad were being "homeschooled" this year he wouldn't have had this chance, I don't think. I really don't think homeschooling is the right option for these kids.
Thewatcherinthenorth
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Thewatcherinthenorth »

Damnit why is she holding eve back??? You think after 6 kids you'd realise that they all learn/progress at a different rate and in a different way. If eve was put in at 4 would her and russel be in the same grade?
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

fossilfinger wrote:
seriously7 wrote:Today's she confirmed that it's a highlight of her life keeping her kids home and that she will indeed hold Eve back and keep her out of preschool. The girl is eligible for it now but it looks like she won't start until she's 5.
WTF?

Why doesn't Ruby put her kids in school and then volunteer at the school? That way she can still see them during the day and have something to do besides sit at home and vlog. Seems an obvious solution.

Yeah, that's why schools have PTA's, for stay at home moms.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

At least Russel will be a free man...but Evie has been ready for ages, really don't get her.
Chad is lucky he is naturally smart which has saved him.They are also lucky to have Kevin as a father, taking them with him so they can learn even more. I hope that Kevin does that one day with Abby and Julie, cause Julie is so gifted and smart, but they tend to overlook her in everything.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

daisydaisy wrote:
Namm wrote:Russel seemed normal to me in the beginning until he got "so called" homeschooled. It looked like he enjoyed going to preschool, singing and socializing with other kids. He just seemes behind now from all he knew. The "issue" for Rubys his personality. I believe he's an introvert which Rubys sees as a weaknes.
Besides the fact that she keeps them at home for her own intererest I also believe that she thought that she could turn him around into a leader. Without knowing that education is more than just telling someone to do what you want them to do.

I guess its the reason why she despise Julie but have found a way to hide it for the viewers. Julie might not be an introvert but shy. She is mature for her age and could without a doubt become a good leader, just not the type of leader Ruby wishes for.

UG! Russell not being in kindergarten makes my blood boil!!!!!!!!!!!! Ruby is keeping him home for her own self-interests and good content at the expense of Russell's cognitive development. GRRRR not to mention his social and emotional development. How does Prof. Franke stand for this?!?!?! And why is she so obsessed with leadership skills? If anything, those are more likely to develop when he is around other kids, not at home in front of a camera!
Absolutely! How does a kid develop leadership skills at home, isolated, with one other kid to "lead"? The only way this argument would make a bit of sense is if she said she was keeping him back in preschool for another year rather than pushing him ahead to kindergarten. That way he could be more of a leader in the preschool class to the kids younger than he is. But no, she pulled him out of that, and kept him home!!! Keeping a kid home until he's six isn't going to make him a leader.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

What happened to Ruby only uploading during the week? Lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:What happened to Ruby only uploading during the week? Lol

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
They want a new house. Plus they've become really popular, so I think she's going to really milk it now. Gotta save for missions and college too...
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

I wonder how much longer until they get the new house.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Namm wrote:Russel seemed normal to me in the beginning until he got "so called" homeschooled. It looked like he enjoyed going to preschool, singing and socializing with other kids. He just seemes behind now from all he knew. The "issue" for Rubys his personality. I believe he's an introvert which Rubys sees as a weaknes.
Besides the fact that she keeps them at home for her own intererest I also believe that she thought that she could turn him around into a leader. Without knowing that education is more than just telling someone to do what you want them to do.

I guess its the reason why she despise Julie but have found a way to hide it for the viewers. Julie might not be an introvert but shy. She is mature for her age and could without a doubt become a good leader, just not the type of leader Ruby wishes for.
In many many many cases introverts make better leaders than extrovert people. Because they can listen when someone has a better suggestion and do that rather than force everyone to do his way.

Susan Cain
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

That book is amazing, she also has a Ted talk that is short and teaches you a lot.

I watched this TED Talk and thought you would find it interesting.

Susan Cain: The power of introverts
http://go.ted.com/m7pDAg
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

daisydaisy wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
daisydaisy wrote:I've noticed that Ruby (and the Griffith family in general) have really wacky developmental expectations - having a 5-year-old carry a blender? I happen to have the same one and it is REALLY heavy. No wonder poor Russell dropped it.
I thought she was nuts with having him lift a heavy blender above his height. He is lucky he didn't drop it on his foot.
or his head!
But.. But... That's how viral videos are made!
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I agree but thats because Im an introvert my self and Susan has explained a lot about my self cause its really hard in this extrovert world. I think that extroverts a lied to, to believe that they are all natural leaders...

I see Julie as a potencial leader and Chad maybe.
daisydaisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daisydaisy »

@Vincere - MASSIVE BLENDER CRUSHES FRAIL LITTLE BOY
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Eve is a child but her behavior is so annoying, poor Russel. Im starting to think that it's not just her being the youngest but a mixure of her personality (selfish traits) and Ruby letting her get away all the time. Ruby thinks that Eve is cute when she behaves bad towards others. I've seen Ruby get angry with Eve once and that was when the act was towards Ruby herself.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Namm wrote:Eve is a child but her behavior is so annoying, poor Russel. Im starting to think that it's not just her being the youngest but a mixure of her personality (selfish traits) and Ruby letting her get away all the time. Ruby thinks that Eve is cute when she behaves bad towards others. I've seen Ruby get angry with Eve once and that was when the act was towards Ruby herself.

Yeah Eve knows what she's doing. The girl is ruthless. One thing I notice is that she always overpowers Russell because she knows Russell isn't gonna fight back hard.
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

I felt really bad for Russel when he dropped the blender and thought Ruby was mad at him. Then at the end of the vlog where Chad helps clean the house, at the end, Russel once again thinks Ruby is mas at him for trimming the rug!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
jenboghel01
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jenboghel01 »

jenboghel01 wrote:I felt really bad for Russel when he dropped the blender and thought Ruby was mad at him. Then at the end of the vlog where Chad helps clean the house, Russel once again thinks Ruby is mad at him for trimming the rug!

youtubespy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by youtubespy »

ruby seems like the kinda person who would just have a complete freakout over her kids doing slightly naughty things. One example is when Julie said she didnt like rubys dish she was cooking, and we briefly saw Rubys face turn from laughter to sheer hatred, before the clip abruptly ended. Im guessing russell either gets in bad trouble or sees the other kids getting in trouble and therefore is scared of his mothers unpredictability, especially if she may praise them on camera for something they would normally get punished for off camera.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

I Was a little taken back when I watched the video about Ruby's aunt passing away. I know everyone deals with grief in different ways but I felt there was literally no emotion from anyone. I feel bad judging them on this because for all I know they may have been expecting this for a while but it just seemed off to me. I don't know how close they are to Ruby's aunt maybe that's why there looks to be a lack of emotion from everyone. And What I find even more weird is that Ruby filmed her children, maybe they acted differently because of the camera. I read in the comments on the video that one person wrote. " she died ALREADY...Omg i laughed so hard, sorry for your loss though" referring to what Russell said. I mean who leaves that kind of comment and what type of people like that comment?! I don't find it funny at all this was a woman's life, a mother a wife a daughter a sister, have people really become so emotionless that they find the death of anyone if you know them or not an upsetting thing. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Maybe I'm just an over emotional person i don't know...
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Julie is so sweet ugh i can't haha. And chad is really sweet...but the rest of the kids I couldn't care less about tbh
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Don't think Ruby is an emotional person, except when it comes to her needs and I think it has something to do with her upbringing. If you look at some of their earlier vlogs you'll see that her kids aren't and were never affectionate with their mother, like for example Bonnies are. Hoelleins have learned to hug and show emotion naturally. When Abby and Julie had a sleepover at Bonnies they hardly said anything, both seemed so timid for some reason.

Everytime Ruby has been away her kids don't react to her coming back. I've seen when she actually tells them verbally to hug her. Children should want and love to hug their mother without her begging them. She does a lot for the camera which confuses her kids so they don' t always know what their mother expects. So they kind of wait for her to give them instructions to avoid her "mother dearest anger moments"...

Return to “8 Passengers”