E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

bffb3
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by bffb3 »

They have such random criteria when it comes to the things they decide to vlog or to keep private. They didn't want to vlog about Calvin's medical issues, but they vlog him naked in the tub. They haven't mentioned her aunt's passing, but they vlogged his grandpa's funeral. I just don't understand.
They would look more real if Ellie cried on camera because her aunt passed away instead of crying because she just met her knew nephew or because she bumped her head into the microwave.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

I don't know how much judgment I can really put on Ellie for how she handles her grief. That is something that people just handle so differently. When I was told one of the most influential people of my life had passed, I was pretty stoic and just said ok, nothing more. It wasn't until I was completely alone at home that I basically just lost my shit. I just stood in the shower, crying for ages. Some people seriously compartmentalize their heavy feelings like that until they're alone, or until they feel they can. If she was by herself with the kids for a time, she might not wanted to have just sat around crying in front of them. That'd be pretty confusing and possibly scary for them, since they're still pretty young. Grief is just one of those things that is so individual to each person.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

OnAPlaydate wrote:I don't know how much judgment I can really put on Ellie for how she handles her grief. That is something that people just handle so differently. When I was told one of the most influential people of my life had passed, I was pretty stoic and just said ok, nothing more. It wasn't until I was completely alone at home that I basically just lost my shit. I just stood in the shower, crying for ages. Some people seriously compartmentalize their heavy feelings like that until they're alone, or until they feel they can. If she was by herself with the kids for a time, she might not wanted to have just sat around crying in front of them. That'd be pretty confusing and possibly scary for them, since they're still pretty young. Grief is just one of those things that is so individual to each person.
People definitely do, and I get that because I'm one of them. I went through repeat losses and IF without work or my family ever knowing what was going on. The thing is though, I might smile, or say I'm "ok" or "fine" but I'd never act excited or say my day was wonderful. I can't imagine ever doing so after a loved one has died, on a vlog that I know my family would watch. I would also still show empathy for others, which Ellie seems incapable of doing.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
OnAPlaydate wrote:I don't know how much judgment I can really put on Ellie for how she handles her grief. That is something that people just handle so differently. When I was told one of the most influential people of my life had passed, I was pretty stoic and just said ok, nothing more. It wasn't until I was completely alone at home that I basically just lost my shit. I just stood in the shower, crying for ages. Some people seriously compartmentalize their heavy feelings like that until they're alone, or until they feel they can. If she was by herself with the kids for a time, she might not wanted to have just sat around crying in front of them. That'd be pretty confusing and possibly scary for them, since they're still pretty young. Grief is just one of those things that is so individual to each person.
People definitely do, and I get that because I'm one of them. I went through repeat losses and IF without work or my family ever knowing what was going on. The thing is though, I might smile, or say I'm "ok" or "fine" but I'd never act excited or say my day was wonderful. I can't imagine ever doing so after a loved one has died, on a vlog that I know my family would watch. I would also still show empathy for others, which Ellie seems incapable of doing.
I don't think the expectations for Ellie would she'd be as emotional as Bonnie, but the Griffiths sisters have talked about their aunt being ill as well as a recent visit to the hospital. So a simply acknowledgement with her Aunt Sonya by saying how their family was very sad to lose her this weekend might seem appropriate. I see your point she didn't need to show her grief.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
I don't think the expectations for Ellie would she'd be as emotional as Bonnie, but the Griffiths sisters have talked about their aunt being ill as well as a recent visit to the hospital. So a simply acknowledgement with her Aunt Sonya by saying how their family was very sad to lose her this weekend. I see your point she didn't need to show her grief.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Pency wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Personal. I have 4 dogs and our one is an escape artist and even though we have an entire acre fenced in he somehow finds a way out and insists on running around. It's not safe and I don't want to keep him inside while the other dogs play outside for hours, so a tie out is his best option. He's safe and can play with our other pups. Win/win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd encourage you to invest in a dog run rather than a tie out. Tie outs can be dangerous for dogs, for many reasons. A run (basically a tie out on a line) is much safer.
Thanks, my husband is actually already building one Image

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

It's really weird to say your day is great or wonderful when the viewers know your aunt died. It's one thing if she's lying so that she doesn't have to share something painful. I get that and I think a lot of people do that when they are in pain. But it's the fact that we know her aunt died and she knows that the viewers know, is what makes it so weird and cold.
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

I think it's different to hide your grief when you don't show your life to a million people every day, but Ellie does. The viewers know about her aunt, they know that she was sick, and they know that she passed away because there are a lot of comments sending her condolences but SHE DIDN'T EVEN TAKE A MINUTE TO ACKNOWLEDGE HER AUNT and that's what pisses me off. It's different to hide grief from a close friend and say that you're doing okay, but that close friend knows about the loss, you're just hiding how you really feel or it hasn't hit you yet. Ellie hasn't even acknowledged it or said anything about it. I'm not asking her to cry on camera like Bonnie died, she could have just said "my aunt Sonya passed away over the weekend.... she was a wonderful person and my family and I will miss her very much." I think her aunt deserved at least that. Ellie is a cold hearted bitch for not even saying anything and said that her day "was wonderful" the day that her aunt passed away. Karma bites you in the ass, just saying.

Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

I don't think Ellie knows how to show grief. I don't think she is capable of it, honestly. When you're in the denial stage of grief and just kind of acting like everything's fine, you can normally talk about it and just be normal without bawling. The day after, she was happy as can be. I think even if it didn't hit her yet, she would have been able to acknowledge it. She didn't even acknowledge it!! Not saying she had to cry on camera like Bonnie, but she could have said something simple, or even Jared could have said that "Ellie's aunt passed away and she having a difficult time" something like that. But she's a cold hearted bitch who doesn't care about anyone but herself.

LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

I never got the feeling that any of the neices were super close to Aunt Sonya. I'm sure they were sad and concerned for their mother's grief, but it's not like they were hanging out frequently with Aunt Sonya or anything.

However, since Ellie had featured Sonya before and spoke about her cancer, it would have been classy to mention the poor woman had passed away.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I honestly don't think Ellie gave her aunt's passing very much thought. She said she had a wonderful day because it's the truth. Ellie rarely shows emotion or empathy for anyone but herself and her own struggles. I don't think it occurred to her to address it because she truly doesn't particularly care about anyone else. It was probably surprising for her to watch Bonnie's vlog and see Bonnie's reaction, where Bonnie is obviously very reflective and moved by her aunt's passing and her life.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

If Ellie says anything it will be "I am sad Aunt Sonya passed away, she was always good to mom" with no emotion at all.
mamaof2
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mamaof2 »

rdt1004 wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:Very very OT, but if any of you follow the shaytards or their thread on GG, some pretty damning screenshots from a cam girl have surfaced and it looks like a mormon YouTuber sex scandal is about to break! So grab your popcorn, ladies! ImageImageImage

I have been reading about al day on GG!! It's so juicy!
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Well today's thumbnail is her crying....

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I wish we saw this raw side of Ellie more. Makes them more real and not so commercial. I really liked how she talked about her aunt. Breaks my heart for them.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Maybe this was why she was crying....

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 18d468.jpg[/img]
bffb3
Informer
Informer

Unread post by bffb3 »

I missed this kind of videos. Just a simple recap of their day with their family. They used to be so genuine...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I didn't have as positive of a reaction to the vlog as everyone else....I really tried to give Ellie the benefit of the doubt after reading she had showed emotion, but it still didn't feel genuine to me. I think she was able to talk about it at night because she saw how to act from Bonnie's vlog. That's the thing about Narcissists, they can put on a good act once they know which emotion they are supposed to be showing. She mentioned her mom a lot, and how Aunt Sonya made her feel, but didn't have too much to say about her aunt as a person. I was surprised to hear her aunt had been in remission. I don't believe we ever heard about that before. Ellie had more to say about her mascara than she did about her aunt that passed.

I also thought Ellie was sure to make things about herself a lot at her mom's. I'm also fairly sure they've been reading here since they were sure to acknowledge the leash.

Calvin was awful knocking over Jackson's Legos, and all they did was laugh. They tried to tell Jackson it was funny that his brother did that, but his response that "it made him sad" just broke my heart. Naturally they just laughed.

I thought Ellie on the phone with Aunt Linda was condescending as always. I know why she pretended to be Julie, and that it was supposed to be a joke for the viewers, but it seemed mean to Linda.

Did anyone else catch at the end that Ellie said they share "a LITTLE PIECE of their lives?"
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I didn't have as positive of a reaction to the vlog as everyone else....I really tried to give Ellie the benefit of the doubt after reading she had showed emotion, but it still didn't feel genuine to me. I think she was able to talk about it at night because she saw how to act from Bonnie's vlog. That's the thing about Narcissists, they can put on a good act once they know which emotion they are supposed to be showing. She mentioned her mom a lot, and how Aunt Sonya made her feel, but didn't have too much to say about her aunt as a person. I was surprised to hear her aunt had been in remission. I don't believe we ever heard about that before. Ellie had more to say about her mascara than she did about her aunt that passed.
I thought Ellie acknowledged her Aunt Sonya passing away respectfully. I believe her mom was a great help to her sister also from what Bonnie and Ellie have shown on their vlogs.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:ICalvin was awful knocking over Jackson's Legos, and all they did was laugh. They tried to tell Jackson it was funny that his brother did that, but his response that "it made him sad" just broke my heart. Naturally they just laughed.
They should tell Calvin to stop. To a preschooler, it isn't funny.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”