OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Unread post by Midia »

missy-1010 wrote:I can see Oscar wanting a stupid name like novalee/neveah/airabella ect and Kyra wanting something a bit more traditional but still unique like Addison or something! I really think they're going with an A name, don't ask me why. I wish the stupid reveal would just go up already. They've been so lazy about it. Remember when they left that piggy bank with paint covering it in the garage for like 2 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like Amelia for a name that start with an A (but it's due to my love for Doctor Who I think xD). I am so tired of waiting for this video...
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

So these past couple days YouTube has been freaking out/not working, I wonder what the people who rely on this as their only income, like okbaby think about this. People lose jobs all the time and the company they work for goes out of business but how do you bounce back from a youtube "career"?
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Unknowngirly wrote:So these past couple days YouTube has been freaking out/not working, I wonder what the people who rely on this as their only income, like okbaby think about this. People lose jobs all the time and the company they work for goes out of business but how do you bounce back from a youtube "career"?
Well if they don't have any degree/ previous solid professional experiences, I would say with a lot of difficulty ...
Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jjsmommy »

Vlog is up! Hopefully that means the reveal will be next
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

can we talk about how annoying oscar is continuing to make chaos and noise and pelt those balls around after kyra repeatedly says it is stressing her out and after seeing how stressed levi seems to be? He really doesnt care about anyone but himself.
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:can we talk about how annoying oscar is continuing to make chaos and noise and pelt those balls around after kyra repeatedly says it is stressing her out and after seeing how stressed levi seems to be? He really doesnt care about anyone but himself.
It really stressed me out watching it. To be fair, it wasn't just Oscar, his siblings and his mom were involved too. I don't understand why Kyra didn't just take Levi to his room or their bedroom?
Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

I love how Oscar tried to defend them having Levi front facing on his mom and her "old school habits"...
they were doing that before she came..
and it doesn't matter if he's over 1 and over 20 lbs.. go watch videos of stimulated car accidents.. and then see how you feel.
My son is 14 months old and about 24 lbs and he will be rear facing until his legs are bent against the seat or he tells me "this is uncomfortable"..
I can be laid back on some stuff, but car seat safety and sleeping safely are no joke
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

Midia wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:So these past couple days YouTube has been freaking out/not working, I wonder what the people who rely on this as their only income, like okbaby think about this. People lose jobs all the time and the company they work for goes out of business but how do you bounce back from a youtube "career"?
Well if they don't have any degree/ previous solid professional experiences, I would say with a lot of difficulty ...
Exactly. That's why I think it's smart some youtubers take advantage and start their own businesses while they have this type of income coming in.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Jjsmommy wrote:I love how Oscar tried to defend them having Levi front facing on his mom and her "old school habits"...
and it doesn't matter if he's over 1 and over 20 lbs.. go watch videos of stimulated car accidents.. and then see how you feel.
My son is 14 months old and about 24 lbs and he will be rear facing until his legs are bent against the seat or he tells me "this is uncomfortable"..
I can be laid back on some stuff, but car seat safety and sleeping safely are no joke
Wait, so now kids can't sit facing the front? Since when??

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
Jjsmommy wrote:I love how Oscar tried to defend them having Levi front facing on his mom and her "old school habits"...

It is recommended to rear face until at LEAST two years old. A child as young as Levi would be severely injured in a crash. Something called internal decapitation can happen where the neck snaps forward and the skull completely separates from the spine and spinal cord, or his neck could break. I have a son Levi's age and will keep him rear facing as long as he's comfortable. His brother was over two when he was turned forward.

Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

Obviously they can but the new reccomended age is 2.. they don't go by the "one year 20 lbs" milestone anymore. Everyone thinks once their baby has its first birthday they can turn them around.. it's proven to be safer rear facing..
I personally won't rotate my son until he's physically uncomfortable or just can't rear face anymore. But to every parent their own.

Also adding, Levi was a preemie so that should be reasoning enough to hold it off even longer.. he's still so petite
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:

It is recommended to rear face until at LEAST two years old. A child as young as Levi would be severely injured in a crash. Something called internal decapitation can happen where the neck snaps forward and the skull completely separates from the spine and spinal cord, or his neck could break. I have a son Levi's age and will keep him rear facing as long as he's comfortable. His brother was over two when he was turned forward.

If it's not a law, then they're don't doing anything wrong. If it's recommended then..
But I also don't have kids, so I don't sew the difference in safety.

Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

There are a lot of common sense things that should be laws that aren't..
and that alone shows why you don't understand.. once you have a child you will..
Hell I would rear face till 5 if I could..
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:

If it's not a law, then they're don't doing anything wrong. If it's recommended then..

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk[/quote]

i just dont get why anyone would risk it? like, it just isnt worth it to me. He doesnt need to be front facing and esp if it isnt recommended.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote: Wait, so now kids can't sit facing the front? Since when??

It's really dangerous. The kid might as well not be strapped in at all. Look it up. It is just like smoking, putting your newborn to bed with blankets, or not wearing a helmet while riding a bike. It might not kill you but you shouldn't do it.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote: Wait, so now kids can't sit facing the front? Since when??

i just dont get why anyone would risk it? like, it just isnt worth it to me. He doesnt need to be front facing and esp if it isnt recommended.[/quote]
I'm def gonna do some research on it. I'm very curious this new to me! All the kids in my life are infants or my students. Are carseats accommodating for a 2 year old to face the back? That seems uncomfortable..

Jjsmommy
Informer
Informer

Yes! They have the Graco 4ever car seat.. I have the same one..
The rear facing goes till 40 lbs.. and it can be pulled up to go higher to accommodate him. I still have my son rear facing in it and all I did was move up the straps and head part as he grew. Even then, it's still safer.
Every child is different though.. my niece is about to be 5 and she's barely 40 lbs yet .. some may reach it around 2, some don't till 4-5..
nicoleojo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nicoleojo »

My husband was in a car accident this last summer. A car decided to do a u-turn without looking for incoming traffic. My husband hit the car broadside going 65 mph. The force was so much, that My husband actually bent his steering wheel in half due to the force. Luckily, my daughter wasnt in the truck when it happened. If she was, and was forward facing, ( which she is 2 years old and still rear facing), she could have easily died or been internally decapitated. We have decided to keep her rear facing until she outgrows it by height or weight. A lot of states are changing their laws to 2 years old before switching. And just because a law has a minimum age to forward face, doesn't mean it's the safest option.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nicoleojo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nicoleojo »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote: It is recommended to rear face until at LEAST two years old. A child as young as Levi would be severely injured in a crash. Something called internal decapitation can happen where the neck snaps forward and the skull completely separates from the spine and spinal cord, or his neck could break. I have a son Levi's age and will keep him rear facing as long as he's comfortable. His brother was over two when he was turned forward.

i just dont get why anyone would risk it? like, it just isnt worth it to me. He doesnt need to be front facing and esp if it isnt recommended.
I'm def gonna do some research on it. I'm very curious this new to me! All the kids in my life are infants or my students. Are carseats accommodating for a 2 year old to face the back? That seems uncomfortable..

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk[/quote]

My 2 year old rear faces while being very comfortable. Her car seat is not a fancy car seat either. It can accommodate rear facing up to 40 pounds( she is 29 pounds) and I'm not sure the height limit, but she still has about 4 inches to grow before she outgrows by height. When they made the law 1 year before forward facing, they pretty much are saying that is when it's "good enough" to switch. Children deserve better than "good enough."

Return to “OKBaby”