Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Olivia's twirl in the vlog! She's so beautiful. <3 She looked so adorable all dolled up and had the cutest outfit.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sarai wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Does anyone ever think they are putting up an act for the vlog and their relationship isn't so good? After what happened with shay it's hard to believe anything anymore. He honestly seems to walk on eggshells around Bonnie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I definitely agree Bonnie wears the pants in their relationship, I don't feel like any of it is fake. They don't put up a front of "choosing happiness" all the time, and Bonnie has showed plenty of times where she's angry with Joel or upset. Their relationship seems very genuine to me. Joel doesn't overcompensate like Shay did (constantly bragging how hot his wife is), or Jared currently does. I think Bonnie and Joel will go the distance and grow old together.
I agree. They've been together 18 years, so their relationship isn't going to look the same as a lot of the younger marriages on YT. By that point you know what you need to say/do and what you don't. You can see Joel's love for Bonnie. It's not just in his actions, but in the way he tears up when he sees her emotional. Shay (Jared, Bryan, Austin) would often say how much he loved his wife, and I'll admit i bought into it at first. I would think how nice it must be to have a husband that openly loving for all to see. I now see it differently. I think they say how much they love their wives BECAUSE something is wrong. It's like the couples you see on social media doing the most PDA, often they are the ones having the most problems. They are insecure and "selling" their relationship. I don't feel this is what Bonnie and Joel are doing at all.
I am sure the YouTube community is a bit shaken from seeing someone like a Shay Carl fall into trouble times and I doubt they will ever be able to recover from his actions.

My impression is Joel has always given gifts, has more time to think about Valentine's day plans now that he is home and is a bit of a romantic. Even when he worked, he seem to give more than many husbands at home when caring for their family. I do think Bonnie values this too and it is likely true...actions speak louder than words. Yet, Bonnie has admitted more than once they have angry words and I still see a challenge with Joel home full-time is being together day in and day out. It looks like they are adjusting to Joel's stay-at-home status better lately.

I secretly still hope Joel finds a different life outside of YouTube. I continue to believe while things are good now with YouTube, it could change in the future. I am not thrilled how Jared is with Joel more or I liked it better when they looked at E+J differently. Oh well...it is not my call.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

HelloSweetie wrote:
mrogaan wrote:Image

so joel might be getting a $1000 drone. looks like he won't be the good ol' simple technology lover for much longer hahaha

This is their job now. If they aren't keeping up with the latest filming tools, then they aren't putting a good effort in. I'm sure they have a fancy camera too. Would we expect Joel to film on a cell phone cam just because he's always been "simple."

There's a difference between having a few pieces of technology, and NEEDING to buy all the latest gadgets the second they are released. A drone is a camera, and with all the outdoor adventures he has with the. It's it makes more sense for him to use one than it does Jared.
He'll probably buy a GoPro too!

::Clutches pearls::

Correct me if I'm wrong but Joel never boasted or said anything himself about being low-technology right? Bonnie made that "his thing".
OnEDGE
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OnEDGE »

On one of the pink notes he said, ''I love your money'', LOL!
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I'm kind of shocked by olivia's behavior/reaction but everyone reacts differently to possible pain so I understand. On another note, I was cracking up when joel was talking about how everyone is sweaty and Boston just goes "Im hungry"
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Bonnie handled that really well. I am sure that Olivia seeing the girl go before her did not help things when she was crying.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:I'm kind of shocked by olivia's behavior/reaction but everyone reacts differently to possible pain so I understand. On another note, I was cracking up when joel was talking about how everyone is sweaty and Boston just goes "Im hungry"
Olivia said she thought Bonnie was going to be angry at her for crying about the ear piercing (when she was sat on Bonnie's lap in the chair) so it seem's disappointing her mom/making her angry was possibly a contributory factor. Bonnie did say later at home that she 'fumed' (I'm assuming/hoping inwardly) about Olivia's reaction. Even when she was doing the doll ear piercing you could tell Bonnie was still peeved about it.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

Today's vlog about Olivia's frightening ear piercing experience was really insensitive. I got the feeling that Bonnie wanted her to get her ears pierced more than Olivia did. First of all they went to Claire's which was a poor choice. Many viewers told her about bad experiences at Claire's with untrained sales clerks and unsanitary conditions. She still went there. I'm not a fan of young children making any decisions like that because emotionally they are not mature enough to handle it and why the rush? I had my ears pierced when I was 16 and went to the family doctor where everything was sterilized, a needle instead of that gun was used and no little kids screaming. As soon as Olivia became anxious and eventually traumatized Bonnie should have soothed her and taken her out of the store. There was no reason to try to force the issue. Finally, the part that disturbed me the most was them filming her and posting the vlog when she was in such distress. I honestly feel
Bonnie is a bit sadistic as she always seems to get pleasure from showing her children's most vulnerable moments which should be kept private!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

that was absolutely horrible. if olivia didn't want to get them done, so be it. she's not ready.
shaybaby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shaybaby »

That was very uncomfortable to watch.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

shaybaby wrote:That was very uncomfortable to watch.

Agreed. And the description of the vlog was very uncomfortable to read!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nc_mom wrote:Today's vlog about Olivia's frightening ear piercing experience was really insensitive. I got the feeling that Bonnie wanted her to get her ears pierced more than Olivia did. First of all they went to Claire's which was a poor choice. Many viewers told her about bad experiences at Claire's with untrained sales clerks and unsanitary conditions. She still went there. I'm not a fan of young children making any decisions like that because emotionally they are not mature enough to handle it and why the rush? I had my ears pierced when I was 16 and went to the family doctor where everything was sterilized, a needle instead of that gun was used and no little kids screaming. As soon as Olivia became anxious and eventually traumatized Bonnie should have soothed her and taken her out of the store. There was no reason to try to force the issue. Finally, the part that disturbed me the most was them filming her and posting the vlog when she was in such distress. I honestly feel
Bonnie is a bit sadistic as she always seems to get pleasure from showing her children's most vulnerable moments which should be kept private!
Wow, many girls have gotten their ears pierced at Claire's and this includes my daughter at around Olivia's age. I don't know about infection rate with Claire's but care after the piercing is important. I did check and Claire's staff receive training and care instructions were given. I didn't see unsanitary conditions. I like the gun (piercing) better than needles with a quick moment and it is done which also seem more likely to have a better placed earring.

I am going to defend Bonnie on this one and she did calm down after what I think she was disappointed since she knew how much Olivia was looking forward to having her ear's pierced. I also think at the moment, you feel your daughter will calm down and this didn't happen and the fact she didn't get them pierced said she wasn't forced. She did go and speak to Olivia and what mom hasn't gotten upset with their children.

I think they showed just a small clip of Olivia being upset or edited most of it out in order to show the story of what happened. What is unfortunate is Olivia will likely be more disappointed she doesn't have her ear's pierced so down the road I hope she is able to demonstrate she is ready well before 16 since it is fun to have pierce ears at a younger age too.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

calliepaige84 wrote:Bonnie handled that really well. I am sure that Olivia seeing the girl go before her did not help things when she was crying.

I agree seeing the girl ahead scream didn't help. I hope she is able to get her ears pierced off camera with a spur of the moment decision during a shopping trip to the mall. I would give it another chance.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

That was disturbing for so many different reasons. Olivia seemed more concerned about Bonnie being angry over the ear piercing itself. Why would they film that during such chaos and then go home edit it and still think it's appropriate to upload it for the world to see!! Did you see Bonnie's face when Olivia was sitting on her lap? Why were they acting so surprised she got scared? That's a common thing! I didn't see Bonnie comfort her at all. Rub her back, give her a hug.. take a walk around the mall for a few minutes. Give her time to process and maybe she would've changed her mind. Bonnie was pressuring her and getting angry which was getting Olivia more nervous and anxious.

You can absolutely tell Olivia has anxiety over disappointing her mother. She treats Olivia like a preteen. They put way too much pressure on that little girl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

tratra58 wrote:
nc_mom wrote:Today's vlog about Olivia's frightening ear piercing experience was really insensitive. I got the feeling that Bonnie wanted her to get her ears pierced more than Olivia did. First of all they went to Claire's which was a poor choice. Many viewers told her about bad experiences at Claire's with untrained sales clerks and unsanitary conditions. She still went there. I'm not a fan of young children making any decisions like that because emotionally they are not mature enough to handle it and why the rush? I had my ears pierced when I was 16 and went to the family doctor where everything was sterilized, a needle instead of that gun was used and no little kids screaming. As soon as Olivia became anxious and eventually traumatized Bonnie should have soothed her and taken her out of the store. There was no reason to try to force the issue. Finally, the part that disturbed me the most was them filming her and posting the vlog when she was in such distress. I honestly feel
Wow, many girls have gotten their ears pierced at Claire's and this includes my daughter at around Olivia's age. I don't know about infection rate with Claire's but care after the piercing is important. I did check and Claire's staff receive training and care instructions were given. I didn't see unsanitary conditions. I like the gun (piercing) better than needles with a quick moment and it is done which also seem more likely to have a better placed earring.

I am going to defend Bonnie on this one and she did calm down after what I think she was disappointed since she knew how much Olivia was looking forward to having her ear's pierced. I also think at the moment, you feel your daughter will calm down and this didn't happen and the fact she didn't get them pierced said she wasn't forced. She did go and speak to Olivia and what mom hasn't gotten upset with their children.

I think they showed just a small clip of Olivia being upset or edited most of it out in order to show the story of what happened. What is unfortunate is Olivia will likely be more disappointed she doesn't have her ear's pierced so down the road I hope she is able to demonstrate she is ready well before 16 since it is fun to have pierce ears at a younger age too.
I agree. Olivia reminds me so much of my oldest sometimes. Calm, sensible, empathetic, perfectionist, people pleaser.. I've said it before, but my son has anxiety, and we've had many panic attacks just like the one Olivia was having. I know it seems obvious to say Bonnie should have just stopped the process, but when you have a child like this, the amount of weight on a perceived failure is often worse than whatever it is that's scaring them at the time. I hope that makes sense. As much as it is easier to let your child back out of difficulties , we've been taught to try and push through the fear (where possible) and doing so has been a benefit to his confidence. I think they are right to try everything before ultimately giving in. Anxiety is frustrating to deal with. It's especially hard when, like Bonnie said, its inconveniencing someone else. The only change I would have made was I would have paused, walked with my son and talked to him. If he were in the same fear state Olivia was in, I'm fairly sure he would have started up again after a break just like Olivia did though. I'd be lying if I said times like this don't make me feel frustrated like Bonnie was. I was amazed by how calm Joel was through the whole thing.

I get why Bonnie was frustrated. I'm sure Olivia is probably very disappointed in herself, it I don't think she's traumatized for the reasons people think she will be. I really liked Grandma Griff's advice. I know we side-eye a lot of the things she says and does, but I think in this case she gave good advice.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
Denlillehavfrue wrote:I'm kind of shocked by olivia's behavior/reaction but everyone reacts differently to possible pain so I understand. On another note, I was cracking up when joel was talking about how everyone is sweaty and Boston just goes "Im hungry"
Olivia said she thought Bonnie was going to be angry at her for crying about the ear piercing (when she was sat on Bonnie's lap in the chair) so it seem's disappointing her mom/making her angry was possibly a contributory factor. Bonnie did say later at home that she 'fumed' (I'm assuming/hoping inwardly) about Olivia's reaction. Even when she was doing the doll ear piercing you could tell Bonnie was still peeved about it.
The complicated mother and daughter relationship. It is never perfect. Olivia is a nice young lady for a reason and that is her parents.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Didn't want to make a big quote tree. Olivia has shown a number of times that she's really afraid of making Bonnie angry. When she hurt her tongue, that's what she was the most upset about. She said she was afraid Bonnie was going to be mad. I don't think she's "traumatized", but her perfectionism and worry over making Bonnie angry seem like the mother worship is being passed on to another generation.
We waited to get my daughter's ears pierced until she could take care of them herself. There are lots of fun sticker earrings. There's no reason to push it. We went to Claire's and didn't have any issues. I think the gun is good because it gets it over with quickly.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I wish they hadn't shown it in the vlog and just recapped it.

I think Olivia must have gotten scared about the girl before her's reaction like others have said. But I sort of understand Bonnie's frustration when they were at the point where Olivia was on her lap. They had already said okay, we won't do this. They stopped the process. Paid for the earrings. Then Olivia said that she DID want to and she WAS going to sit for it and not cry.

I can imagine being frustrated when it's hot in the store, you've been there for well over 40 minutes, she keeps going back and forth, you have two boys waiting to go eat, you're now paying for two sets of earrings for no good reason. Then again after the initial 40 minutes, if it were me, I have probably told Olivia that she would have to wait until another day just to make sure that she was absolutely positive that she wanted them done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:Didn't want to make a big quote tree. Olivia has shown a number of times that she's really afraid of making Bonnie angry. When she hurt her tongue, that's what she was the most upset about. She said she was afraid Bonnie was going to be mad. I don't think she's "traumatized", but her perfectionism and worry over making Bonnie angry seem like the mother worship is being passed on to another generation.
We waited to get my daughter's ears pierced until she could take care of them herself. There are lots of fun sticker earrings. There's no reason to push it. We went to Claire's and didn't have any issues. I think the gun is good because it gets it over with quickly.

I disagree with this. Some people hate disappointing anyone. I really think this is what we are seeing. Obviously Bonnie is the most important role model in Olivia's life and she wants to please her, but I think it goes beyond that. I bet if we saw Olivia in her classroom or at piano lessons, we would see the same desire to impress and be perfect.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

lmmomSD wrote:Didn't want to make a big quote tree. Olivia has shown a number of times that she's really afraid of making Bonnie angry. When she hurt her tongue, that's what she was the most upset about. She said she was afraid Bonnie was going to be mad. I don't think she's "traumatized", but her perfectionism and worry over making Bonnie angry seem like the mother worship is being passed on to another generation.

I wish my daughter cared about making me angry! If l get annoyed with her you can tell she believes that's my problem not hers.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”