OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Unread post by Newuser12345 »

I think the name is really pretty, definitely more unique than I was expecting and I love the idea of passing down kyra's middle name it's what I would like to do if I have a daughter

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
BaileyBoo12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by BaileyBoo12 »

alliehaines wrote:I appreciate the unique video, but it was so cheesy with that "acting" and music. I guess I've grown accustom to the sweet seeming name reveals, if that makes sense. I also dont know if I like the name. My name is Aliya (pronounced like "Uh-Lee-Uh"), but a few people have misprounced my name as Alaya, so it ruined the name for me. I also didnt even know it was a name, but maybe i'll get used to it.

We have the same name! I spell my name differently though and people always mispronounce it as Alaya. Doesn't bother me though, I love the name Alaya.
Way better than all the YouTube baby names lately (Landon/Charles/Harlow/Addelyn)

That reveal looked like it could have been edited in like an hour. You could barely even hear when they said the name too
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

I like the name and the video was a cute idea, a bit too much kissing for my taste.. I think they kissed more in this 2 minutes than in all the vlogs together ;)
I don't understand why Kyra would announce the reveal for the beginning of the week if they clearly planned the scenes in the hospital?
My guess is that they needed to change the plans, maybe they only planned for the teddy to say her name and then they realized that it was too lame so they added the hospital scenes?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

That's a stupid name and also the most stupid overhyped video ever. It was cheesy and boring and I couldn't even hear the name. I just know what the name was because it was typed out at the end. There is no possible way this video took this freaking long to edit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thoseonevloggers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Thoseonevloggers »

And we have yet to see her full face...how long are they going to drag that out?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I like her name, I think Alaya is cute. It flows with Levi's name too. Definitely better than novalee! The video was so cheesy, but at least they didn't do the same old letter thing that every other YouTuber does, Britneyandbaby completely copied Cullen and Katie's name reveal when she did Harlows name reveal. At least they tried something different even if it was cheesy as hell.

Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

Is it pronounced how it looks or is it A-lie-ah

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Sooooo, I got crazy waiting for this video to get that ... :bhd:
This video was SUCH a disappointement...

Alaya Renee Morales... well I don't think Alaya and Renee are great together but I guess they wanted to give her Kyra's middle name and they just like Alaya... "Alaya", I never heard that name before and when I pronounce it, it sounds quite annoying (too many "a") but it's probably because I don't pronounce it as it supposed to be "in english"... I tried to replay the part where the teddy bear "said" it ( :pfff: ) and it sounds really different compared with the way i read it), i will wait for them to pronounce it I guess.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

Lovehound11 wrote:Is it pronounced how it looks or is it A-lie-ah

I think it's pronounced as it's spelt. That's how I heard it in the video but you can barely hear it, so could be wrong.

Pingupingu2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pingupingu2 »

In basque you pronounce it "Al-eye-a" , but idk how they're gonna pronounce it...probably the wrong way.
When nothing is certain, anything is possible
sarahbear123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sarahbear123 »

Everyone in the comments was like wait you had her? Lol

sarahbear123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sarahbear123 »

She's so precious Image

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 8a946d.jpg

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

sarahbear123 wrote:She's so precious Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 8a946d.jpg[/img]

How can you tell from all the side shots? All I see is her hair and sure it's cute, looks kind of greasy, just like her momma. ;). I wanna know how that bow stays on her head, it looks like they glued it. Lol

wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

How can you tell from all the side shots? All I see is her hair and sure it's cute, looks kind of greasy, just like her momma. ;). I wanna know how that bow stays on her head, it looks like they glued it. Lol
LOL my baby's hair was nasty when she came out (she had A LOT) and they made me keep all that gross stuff on it for two days before they allowed me to wash it (supposed to be good for them) Babies don't arrive with a fresh blow out lol
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

staceybrax wrote:

I think it's pronounced as it's spelt. That's how I heard it in the video but you can barely hear it, so could be wrong.

But depending of your language, the name is not spelt in the same way if you see what I mean (I don't prononce my "a" in my mothertongue the same way as in english, for me each "A" in Alaya's name are pronounced as the "A" in Kyra's name and in the video the name is completly different from how I read it, if I had to write the name I heard in the video it would be "Eu- reye -lla" but I am probably wrong ). I will wait for their next video xD
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

wolflily23 wrote:
LOL my baby's hair was nasty when she came out (she had A LOT) and they made me keep all that gross stuff on it for two days before they allowed me to wash it (supposed to be good for them) Babies don't arrive with a fresh blow out lol
It's a joke. I've had two babies so I know this. It's all I have to talk about till I actually see her face. Lol

LionCalledLeo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LionCalledLeo »

That tiny bow is kind of hilarious on top of that bald baby head

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The name reveal was cringeworthy.
The name itself sounds tacky, I don't think it is any better than Novalee.

Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

I knew it was going to be an A name. I've never heard of Alaya before. It's not awful but correct me if I'm wrong, I guess they went with the made up name this time.
This video was just ugh so bad. They should have just introduced her since they wanted her to be in the video. They could have done it like they do on 16 and pregnant (since they loved using that clickbait so much in the past) and put her name on the screen and her birthdate, weight, and her picture.
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

Her name is beautiful and I thought the video was super cute too! You all anticipated this for weeks and now that its out none of you like it?

Return to “OKBaby”