Unread post by Playsinrain »

Terrain-ium?? its terrarium TER-RARE-I-UM... good lordt
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I would honestly be embarrassed if I was filming videos about my daily life for 9 and 10-year-olds and interacting with a juvenile "fan base" while accepting charity from my high school friends. What part of this sounds like a respectable life plan for two adults who are about to be parents?
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

Playsinrain wrote:Terrain-ium?? its terrarium TER-RARE-I-UM... good lordt
YES I came here to see if anyone else was annoyed by this!!! I actually had to fast forward, he said it that many times omg. I scoured the comments and no one corrected him though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Never cloth diapered, so someone enlighten me.. Kelsey said that when June starts solids they will have to rinse the solid poop off the diapers.. I know Breastfed babies don't have super nasty poos but it's still semi solid, i mean it's not pure liquid, so they will have to rinse the poo off from day one right?? I really feel like they aren't reading up on the things they need to read up on. They need a sprayer attachment for the toilet...
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The best option to me sounds like a cloth diaper cover and a flushable, biodegradable insert. The reusable inserts need like three rinse cycles and I don't want to be washing poop down my shower or sink on an hourly basis.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The comment about Corbin looking like Woody from Toy Story had me doubled over.. :lol:
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh, and the idea is that while breastfeeding, the poop breaks down easily in the washing machine. The poop becomes firmer when you're not exclusively breast feeding and will need to be rinsed out. I still think based on that philosophy it sounds kind of gross to just throw the dirty diaper in the machine without rinsing, and you still need a ton of rinse cycles. You can buy flushable liners to "catch" the poop so you just throw it in the toilet, and wash the urine from your cloth inserts as usual.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Playsinrain wrote:Never cloth diapered, so someone enlighten me.. Kelsey said that when June starts solids they will have to rinse the solid poop off the diapers.. I know Breastfed babies don't have super nasty poos but it's still semi solid, i mean it's not pure liquid, so they will have to rinse the poo off from day one right?? I really feel like they aren't reading up on the things they need to read up on. They need a sprayer attachment for the toilet...
Nope she's right. Breastfed poop is water soluble so it comes right off in the machine.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

We all saw Kelsey try to wash baby clothes. She didn't separate colors and left everything wet on top of each other in the machine to the point where the colors bled. I'm not sure she's going to be able to grasp and keep up with a laundry schedule that includes cloth diapers and adequate water temperature and rinse cycles. LOL On top of that, I just don't think they have the discipline to think and plan ahead the way a normal person does on a daily basis.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yea CD can be a real pain esp when they are little and poop every 5 seconds. I use them because it becomes habit. But I'm surprised she didn't ask Missy because they were CD drop outs.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:Oh, and the idea is that while breastfeeding, the poop breaks down easily in the washing machine. The poop becomes firmer when you're not exclusively breast feeding and will need to be rinsed out. I still think based on that philosophy it sounds kind of gross to just throw the dirty diaper in the machine without rinsing, and you still need a ton of rinse cycles. You can buy flushable liners to "catch" the poop so you just throw it in the toilet, and wash the urine from your cloth inserts as usual.
Maybe i'm just OCD but there is no way i would even wash BF poo in my washer without rinsing them out first. Microscopic poo particles would be all in my washer and all over my clothes... See this is why i couldn't do cloth diapering, i know its really the cheapest and most eco friendly way to go, but nope, i could not wash dirty diapers everyday and wash my clothes right after and not think about poo being all in my clothes. YES I AM A CRAZY GERMAPHOBE!! :lol: The flushable inserts and biodegradable inserts sound like the best option too me.
NCSUchick27
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NCSUchick27 »

I will be really surprised if they stick with the cloth diapering. I have some friends who tried it and hated it. They are very frugal and pretty environmentally conscious. They recycle and compost as much as they can, but they couldn't hang with the cloth diapering.

I also have a friend who cloth diapered triplets, but she mostly did it out of necessity because they were really struggling financially.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:Oh, and the idea is that while breastfeeding, the poop breaks down easily in the washing machine. The poop becomes firmer when you're not exclusively breast feeding and will need to be rinsed out. I still think based on that philosophy it sounds kind of gross to just throw the dirty diaper in the machine without rinsing, and you still need a ton of rinse cycles. You can buy flushable liners to "catch" the poop so you just throw it in the toilet, and wash the urine from your cloth inserts as usual.
Maybe i'm just OCD but there is no way i would even wash BF poo in my washer without rinsing them out first. Microscopic poo particles would be all in my washer and all over my clothes... See this is why i couldn't do cloth diapering, i know its really the cheapest and most eco friendly way to go, but nope, i could not wash dirty diapers everyday and wash my clothes right after and not think about poo being all in my clothes. YES I AM A CRAZY GERMAPHOBE!! :lol: The flushable inserts and biodegradable inserts sound like the best option too me.
It's recommended that you do a cold rinse, hot wash, and then another cold rinse. That's a lot of cycles to me, and I'm a bit of a germaphobe as well so I'm in the same boat. The "sanitary cycle" is discouraged because it breaks down the diapers and voids the warranty. And I think they mentioned their rental has high efficiency appliances, not exactly the kind of washing machine you want when you need the water and heat to wash diapers that the high efficiency models cut back on.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, with all those cycles, and the water and electricity used, are cloth diapers still better for the environment? I heard bad things about both ways when my kids were little. If they'd had flushable inserts then, I would have gone with cloth, but there was literature at the time saying that with the bleach and electricity and water used, that cloth was bad too. So we went with disposable, and felt guilty.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Debatable. I've heard arguments that in places where water is expensive, it's not worth it financially. If you are diapering for years and years (I'm about to have my third kid) and you don't get caught up in buying new prints, yes it's economical and I believe much more environmentally friendly. It's not advised to bleach on a regular basis, that destroys the fabric & irritates the child. I'm very to each their own on this one- it works for us but I can def see the reasons ppl don't do it.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

If you plan to use cloth diapers for the kids entire time in diapers it's saving A LOT of money. That's not even considering you can use them for multiple kids and then sell then where you're done. You'll spend $200-$500 on a CD stash, but you'll spends a couple thousand on disposables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

While you have to wash cloth diapers, they are being reused over and over. The environmental impact of manufacturing and transporting disposables uses a lot of water and petroleum. High efficiency machines can be used to wash cloth diapers and there are facebook groups to help you figure out any issues you are having with your particular washing routine. I personally live cloth diapering, though it isn't always easy or the best choice for every family.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh yes, it's not impossible with a high efficiency machine. But it will requires more trouble shooting and some work arounds because the cycle is so long with an HE machine, and you need a full load each time due to the lack of agitation, the diapers themselves absorb a lot of the already minimal water etc. It's generally accepted that HE machines are not ideal for cloth diapering, but some brands work better than others.

They've shown time and again that basic adult things overwhelm them, so I'd be very surprised if they haven't switched to an expensive brand of disposables.

Their vlogs are boring and oftentimes they can't film a full-length vlog for whatever reason and use fillers like Q&As, mail opening, what's in my hospital bag, my birth plan etc. sit down videos to take the place of a vlog. I honestly think that's the reason they can't maintain steady growth of views or subs.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oops, that should read require* not requires.
Smileyface
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Smileyface »

Corbin´s voice in combination with what he is saying just drives me nuts. If I was Kelsey, I would slap him in the face everytime he opened his mouth. That woman must have the patience of a saint. Either that, or she is extremely insecure because there is no way she couldn´t have gotten a better looking man, who isn´t afraid of actually moving a finger.

If you are reading here, Corbin - grow the fuck up. Stop complaining about EVERYTHING. Shave that ridiculous neckbeard, you seriously look Amish. And just move your ass and actually DO SOMETHING instead of just sitting around and calling that work. You are not a man, you are pathetic.

rant over.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”