Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

Gossip-Union16
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Comparing The Griffiths (Post at your own risk!)

Unread post by Gossip-Union16 »

I was searching online and found that all the Griffith siblings and partners are registered Republicans. Do you think they support Donald Trump? Surely being Mormon, they would be offended by him!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Gossip-Union16 wrote:I was searching online and found that all the Griffith siblings and partners are registered Republicans. Do you think they support Donald Trump? Surely being Mormon, they would be offended by him!
Of course they're all republicans, hahaha. As for them supporting Trump personally, it's hard to say.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Gossip-Union16 wrote:I was searching online and found that all the Griffith siblings and partners are registered Republicans. Do you think they support Donald Trump? Surely being Mormon, they would be offended by him!
You would think that all people would be offended by Trump, but here we are...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Vincere wrote:
You would think that all people would be offended by Trump, but here we are...
A large number of the Mormon community in UT was supporting late entry candidate Evan McMullin. Despite only campaigning a few months, he managed to sway 27% of the votes that usually go Republican. Most of UT is Conservative, but not all of those people supported Trump.

Though I'm sure Ruby at least loves him.
JoCo 89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JoCo 89 »

I love Evan McMullin!!
daisydaisy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by daisydaisy »

They wrote-in their stake president
Smileyface
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Smileyface »

I had a thought while watching Ellie and Jared´s vlog today:

For them, vlogging their life is their business, their brand, right? And every business has a business plan/model. They have proper business meetings.
Hence, things like Jackson going to pre-school is just something they planned for the vlogs, that´s what they discuss in those meetings. They obviously want to keep this business going for as long as possible.
Look at it like that: they got a new house, they got a new puppy, then it was christmas, then it was new years, then there was the Hawaii trip, and now they probably have nothing big going on at the moment, so they decided to put Jackson in pre-school to keep up a good storyline, before they inevitably announce another big milestone next month. They have an audience that wants to be entertained after all.

Maybe it´s horrible to think that way and maybe I am beating a dead horse, but honestly it is very hard not to when looking at their content. I just really hope for them that they will realize very soon that living to please someone else does not result in a happy life. It´s like they are just ticking off boxes on a list, without truly enjoying it for themselves. Business and personal life should be kept seperate for a reason.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Smileyface wrote:I had a thought while watching Ellie and Jared´s vlog today:

For them, vlogging their life is their business, their brand, right? And every business has a business plan/model. They have proper business meetings.
Hence, things like Jackson going to pre-school is just something they planned for the vlogs, that´s what they discuss in those meetings. They obviously want to keep this business going for as long as possible.
Look at it like that: they got a new house, they got a new puppy, then it was christmas, then it was new years, then there was the Hawaii trip, and now they probably have nothing big going on at the moment, so they decided to put Jackson in pre-school to keep up a good storyline, before they inevitably announce another big milestone next month. They have an audience that wants to be entertained after all.

Maybe it´s horrible to think that way and maybe I am beating a dead horse, but honestly it is very hard not to when looking at their content. I just really hope for them that they will realize very soon that living to please someone else does not result in a happy life. It´s like they are just ticking off boxes on a list, without truly enjoying it for themselves. Business and personal life should be kept seperate for a reason.
That's a good observation. I had never really thought of it that way. It is obvious that certain activities are planned in advance for the vlogs, but I hadn't really considered that they planned things on a macro level. I just assumed vloggers were way more into seasonal events than I am, lol. It would be exhausting to live real life according to a checklist. Though I suppose maybe it's not such a burden... The shallow "going through the motions" sense we get from these sisters' vlogs is probably reflective of who they actually are, or at least want to be, and what the world wants to see as well.

I may be explaining myself poorly, IDK. It just seems that in comparison to these vloggers, my life is very messy. We have struggles and problems and conflicts, and feel things deeply. Whereas the vloggers present a shiny picture of... Maybe the life they want? Or the life their 10 yr old audience wants? And it's all based off a checklist at a business meeting, which makes total sense now that you've said it.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
Smileyface wrote:I had a thought while watching Ellie and Jared´s vlog today:

That's a good observation. I had never really thought of it that way. It is obvious that certain activities are planned in advance for the vlogs, but I hadn't really considered that they planned things on a macro level.

It just seems that in comparison to these vloggers, my life is very messy. We have struggles and problems and conflicts, and feel things deeply. Whereas the vloggers present a shiny picture of... Maybe the life they want? Or the life their 10 yr old audience wants? And it's all based off a checklist at a business meeting, which makes total sense now that you've said it.
Your statement in bold makes the most sense I've read in a long time regarding certain particular family vloggers, as in it's literally like the Truman Show meets Reality TV in_real_life_on_YouTube.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Not so much comparing the Griffiths-- but there is this phenomenon that seems unique to their family that I'd like to hear others' opinions on. It's particularly bad with Ruby. Is anyone else put off by the way the moms tell their kids what to say? "Say:'I love you mom'. Say:'I hope you have a good appointment with the heart doctor, grandma'" --whatever it is. I get parents telling their kids things like, "Say bye bye" but isn't it unusual to ask them to repeat entire sentences with fully formed thoughts/opinions in them?
lyilya31
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lyilya31 »

Hi guys. I am new here. I'm from Croatia and watching vlogs regularly. I dont like Ellie and Jared. They are so fake. Look at how they changed from the beggining to now.
And Bonnie is starting to annoy me. She has change a lot.
Their whole family just do nothing and live from youtube. I wish that you tube stop paying for vlogs. That would be great LOL.
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

lyilya31 wrote:Hi guys. I am new here. I'm from Croatia and watching vlogs regularly. I dont like Ellie and Jared. They are so fake. Look at how they changed from the beggining to now.
Their whole family just do nothing and live from youtube. I wish that you tube stop paying for vlogs. That would be great LOL.
Hi! I'm from Montenegro :). Koliko imas godina? I think we have the similar poit of view due to similar cultures. Bonnie is fat, Ellie is filthy, they are all just stupid.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I understand that you can be annoyed by someones behaviour but calling them fat and stuff is just rude and mean. Don't like Ellie at all, nothing about her is pleasant. but still...and the way Bonnie treats her children sometimes is just aggravating.

I also still don't think that Bonnie has changed that much. I believe that her real personality was kept under wrap and when hur true colours came out more, she got a backlash for it and changed back to her old "image" that we used to liked. Some have bought it but I think that she is just like her sisters but her bubbly personality, mentioned earlier, makes her more likeable which also lets her get away with things that her sisters wouldn't.
lyilya31
Amateur
Amateur

Bonnie did changed. Joel was saying that he will never quit his job and when money came...he quit.
I think that Joel is not an alfa man any more in their house. He lost his authority when he quit his job. Look how he listen to Bonnie. Whatever she says he listens. It is funny sometimes.
I dont care if she is fat or skinny but from my point of view she is pretty fat. She should do something about it.
I have two kids and didnt get weight. I am even skinnier then before.
lyilya31
Amateur
Amateur

always wrote:
lyilya31 wrote:Hi guys. I am new here. I'm from Croatia and watching vlogs regularly. I dont like Ellie and Jared. They are so fake. Look at how they changed from the beggining to now.
Hi! I'm from Montenegro :). Koliko imas godina? I think we have the similar poit of view due to similar cultures. Bonnie is fat, Ellie is filthy, they are all just stupid.
Hi. I'm 31 :)
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

lyilya31 wrote:
always wrote:
Hi. I'm 31 :)
O really? Great! I'm 25. I always wonder if I'm the only crazy person from Balkans to watch all those Mormon youtubers...
lyilya31
Amateur
Amateur

Hahahaha obviously you are not. They are so annoying but I cant stop watching them. How crazy is that.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

lyilya31 wrote:Bonnie did changed. Joel was saying that he will never quit his job and when money came...he quit.
I think that Joel is not an alfa man any more in their house. He lost his authority when he quit his job. Look how he listen to Bonnie. Whatever she says he listens. It is funny sometimes.
I dont care if she is fat or skinny but from my point of view she is pretty fat. She should do something about it.
I like Joel but he was never the alpha in that relationship. Bonnie is forever establishing herself as the dominant. Even Olivia, when asked by Joel why the family loved Bonnie, remarked that she was the "boss of the family".
always
Talker
Talker

Unread post by always »

LydiaE wrote:
lyilya31 wrote:Bonnie did changed. Joel was saying that he will never quit his job and when money came...he quit.
I like Joel but he was never the alpha in that relationship. Bonnie is forever establishing herself as the dominant. Even Olivia, when asked by Joel why the family loved Bonnie, remarked that she was the "boss of the family".
Some people are simply not strong enough to be the leader but I don't think Bonnie is wise and calm enough to lead the family in the right direction.
I hate how she always says my house, my walls, and to the kids:I'm gonna let you have a treat etc.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think the boss thing comes from being a stay at home parent. That's your job, so it becomes your expertise and domain. I know my kids would say I'm the boss at home, but this doesn't mean I control my husband. I'm sure Joel would refer to the garage and yard as his and think Bonnie might defer in those areas. They seem to be a team when it comes to decision making, and Bonnie has mentioned discussing things many times.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”