YTMD Pet Peeves

Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

Agree with so much this last page or so.

-Calling babies ugly seems like a cheap shot and try-hard edgy. Not all babies are subjectively cute to everyone. I thought everyone knew that. so it kind of goes without saying. But people cannot help saying it. Like damn, the baby's been alive for like a day. Better get your dig in!
-The Jess thread is terrible.
-Agree about the personal stories (when they start to go out of control.) I haven't seen this recently but my least favorite is pages of rent prices. If I need to know what a 2 BR/1 BA goes for in Kansas I'll just google it.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Sosie, To go along with the first point you made...

We get it! You HATE the name!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

AutumnLane wrote:Sosie, To go along with the first point you made...

To go along with THIS point. sTOP purposefully calling a baby the wrong name just because you hate the name. It's hella petty and immature.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

OhHiImSam wrote:

To go along with THIS point. sTOP purposefully calling a baby the wrong name just because you hate the name. It's hella petty and immature.
Does Tayler Tragedy count with that? Because I still rather call Alesana - Alice and Anberlin- Annie.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Yue195 wrote:
OhHiImSam wrote:

Does Tayler Tragedy count with that? Because I still rather call Alesana - Alice and Anberlin- Annie.
I don't follow Tayler because she makes me sad. But yeah. Those kids will probably thank you :p
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

OhHiImSam wrote:

Again...just burn Jess's thread down. It's a cesspool.
orangeblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by orangeblossom »

I used to not mind the personal stories if they're relevant. The problem is one person shares and it quickly turns into story time and then you have pages that have very little to do with the youtuber being discussed ( especially in the Jess thread) Her thread is everybody sharing how they're a better mother than Jess half the time.
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

When someone says, agree to disagree and then goes on to post ten more times arguing their point.

The point of this board is not to control the opinions of other viewers or to be a PR machine for your yt idol.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

When people blow issues out of proportion but then act like you have to be a minion because you see the issue differently. Parker, this is in response to your post, but I've seen the "minion" or "idol" comments everywhere lately.

Not everyone hates everything about all YTers. If people find something relatable, or has experienced an issue, they are going to see it differently. Why is this a hard concept for some?
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

actuallydear wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:When posters go on and on and on for pages on end comparing their own personal lives to the YouTuber being discussed. I come here to discuss the YouTuber, not someone who isn't_a_YouTuber.
This.
And this again
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

IceCreamCone wrote:When people blow issues out of proportion but then act like you have to be a minion because you see the issue differently. Parker, this is in response to your post, but I've seen the "minion" or "idol" comments everywhere lately.

Not everyone hates everything about all YTers. If people find something relatable, or has experienced an issue, they are going to see it differently. Why is this a hard concept for some?
You literally cannot have a differing or unpopular opinion on some of these threads without the same 5 posters attacking you. It's starting to get annoying as fuck. I don't ever feel the need to argue with people either. I post my opinion and if you don't like it, cool Image. But I'm not going back and forth with a stranger on the internet over another stranger on the internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

How if you criticize a particular parenting choice by a vlogger, you're a "sanctimommy" (thank the Lord that term actually hasn't been used lately) who must have perfect children. Nope. Far from perfect. But I don't post my parenting (and crying children) online for money and then get mad when people question it.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I agree about the Jess thread, it hasn't been the same for the past few weeks. Some posts have honestly been bothering me lately, and some of the posts seem to be not snarky but hateful. I'm no minion and I agree that Jess isn't a perfect mom, but she's a human being who just went through a traumatic event. She almost lost her baby and deserves some compassion.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
orangeblossom
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by orangeblossom »

while I agree Jess is annoying as shit, I wish everybody would shut up about how they had it worse. Like damn that sucks you almost lost your baby or whatever but I'm sure her situation is still scary. I think she has been extremely lucky with her children's health considering the crappy circumstances she brought them into, but she can still be scared. I will say I don't agree with her milking the situation for all she can.

Why don't mods lock a thread for 24 hours when they get too out of hand anymore? Was that only on GG or do they just not get out of hand enough lol
"You gave birth to a baby, not a PhD."
ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

orangeblossom wrote:while I agree Jess is annoying as shit, I wish everybody would shut up about how they had it worse. Like damn that sucks you almost lost your baby or whatever but I'm sure her situation is still scary. I think she has been extremely lucky with her children's health considering the crappy circumstances she brought them into, but she can still be scared. I will say I don't agree with her milking the situation for all she can.

Why don't mods lock a thread for 24 hours when they get too out of hand anymore? Was that only on GG or do they just not get out of hand enough lol
There's been a couple that have been locked down within the past year or so because of stuff going on in the threads, maybe people aren't reporting the stuff in the Jess thread as much?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Parkerwar wrote: ...or to be a PR machine for your yt idol.
:good1:
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Scar2016 wrote:
Parkerwar wrote: ...or to be a PR machine for your yt idol.
:good1:
Please. Not everyone has to hate all the time. If someone identifies with something a vlogger says or does, it would be pretty hypocritical to hate on them for it.

Calling someone a minion for their opinion is just trying to win an argument by being dismissive and immature in my opinion. If your position is so obviously right then there shouldn't be a need for that pettiness ;)
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

ferriswheel wrote:
orangeblossom wrote:while I agree Jess is annoying as shit, I wish everybody would shut up about how they had it worse. Like damn that sucks you almost lost your baby or whatever but I'm sure her situation is still scary. I think she has been extremely lucky with her children's health considering the crappy circumstances she brought them into, but she can still be scared. I will say I don't agree with her milking the situation for all she can.

There's been a couple that have been locked down within the past year or so because of stuff going on in the threads, maybe people aren't reporting the stuff in the Jess thread as much?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
No one reports anything. Most of the mods don't have time to be on here every time there's an issue. If we don't know about it how are we supposed to address it?
babyfox
Informer
Informer

Unread post by babyfox »

Sosie Lark wrote:Agree with so much this last page or so.

-Calling babies ugly seems like a cheap shot and try-hard edgy. Not all babies are subjectively cute to everyone. I thought everyone knew that. so it kind of goes without saying. But people cannot help saying it. Like damn, the baby's been alive for like a day. Better get your dig in!
-The Jess thread is terrible.
-Agree about the personal stories (when they start to go out of control.) I haven't seen this recently but my least favorite is pages of rent prices. If I need to know what a 2 BR/1 BA goes for in Kansas I'll just google it.
This. I don't get the satisfaction some users appear to get by calling babies/children ugly. It makes us all look bad. No, you don't have to think every kid is cute but you also don't have to bring it up every chance you get. I've also noticed that some of Jess's kids being "ugly" is a recurring theme, (Kaden, Landen, and Addie) but I'm sure if someone tried to criticize Kyson's looks they would be ripped a new one.
EleanorRigby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by EleanorRigby »

I think it's fine to call a kid ugly. Doesn't make it less true just because they're an "innocent kid". They'll grow into an ugly adult and it'll be acceptable for us to call them ugly in you guys opinions so don't fret.

Idk I feel like that's literally just life. Not every person is going to be attractive. And you sure as hell are thinking things about certain kids being less attractive than others, some ppl just actually say it. I get what people mean with them not choosing to be on YouTube and whatnot but if we are gonna use that argument we could REALLY use that argument.

Return to “Boxing Ring”