E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

gymchick43 wrote:Would a vloggers income increase a little each month, because that's 30 more videos- those views along with everyone who rewatches the old videos (hundreds).... Thought it was interesting to compare Ruby's (8passengers) average views last week to Ellie and Jared's. Ruby's personality is pretty hard to handle too- she has a lot of the same qualities as Ellie but at least she edits and films all by herself while her husband works out of the home and overseas often. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... d7efc7.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I still don't understand why Ruby is getting so many views. Yes she's a mess, but she's not THAT entertaining. Those numbers are comparable to DB!
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ja14 »

What is Jared recent tweet talking about? It says "Lots of emotions this weekend. hope you are all doing well."

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:Would a vloggers income increase a little each month, because that's 30 more videos- those views along with everyone who rewatches the old videos (hundreds).... Thought it was interesting to compare Ruby's (8passengers) average views last week to Ellie and Jared's. Ruby's personality is pretty hard to handle too- she has a lot of the same qualities as Ellie but at least she edits and films all by herself while her husband works out of the home and overseas often. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... d7efc7.jpg[/img]

I still don't understand why Ruby is getting so many views. Yes she's a mess, but she's not THAT entertaining. Those numbers are comparable to DB!
Ruby edits for the 13 year olds now. She makes her "story" and edits with dramatic effect. I remember one time Ruby asked how people found the channel and ALOT of the kids who watch didn't even find the channel through Ellie and Jared. Her videos probably always pop up on that kid-YouTube app. Plus all the 10 year olds crush over chad lmfao. The videos I like watching the most from Ruby are her everyday routine mom videos with the kids practicing music, cleaning, cooking ect.

Oh Ruby also attracted the homeschooling audience lol with her poor attempt at homeschooling.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote: Ruby edits for the 13 year olds now. She makes her "story" and edits with dramatic effect. I remember one time Ruby asked how people found the channel and ALOT of the kids who watch didn't even find the channel through Ellie and Jared. Her videos probably always pop up on that kid-YouTube app. Plus all the 10 year olds crush over chad lmfao. The videos I like watching the most from Ruby are her everyday routine mom videos with the kids practicing music, cleaning, cooking ect.

Oh Ruby also attracted the homeschooling audience lol with her poor attempt at homeschooling.

If homeschooling parents don't see anything wrong with how Ruby is teaching her kids, then they shouldn't be homeschooling.

I just can't with Eve.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

Also I thought Ellie and Jared were making 51 k a month. Their social blade seems to be much lower (E+J on top and 8passenger on bottom) [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... fd817d.jpg[/img]

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

ja14 wrote:What is Jared recent tweet talking about? It says "Lots of emotions this weekend. hope you are all doing well."

I know one of their youtube friends announced they were pregnant and yesterday posted they lost the baby. Randy and Anna.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I doubt his tweet is pregnancy related. Isn't the funeral this weekend for aunt Sonya?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I know YTers need to advertise to make money, but I'm getting REALLY tired of seeing and hearing about Dr Pepper Image
Oh my gosh. THIS. I am wondering if maybe the LDS church owns Dr. Pepper or something.
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
It's all spawned from low self-esteem and insecurity, my friend. I had a very similar experience, so know that I mean it when I say, you are strong and awesome for putting up with that; and so much better off now!! :)
I know! I always felt pretty small compared to her but now I see she's not better than me. Pisses me off she has all I want and keeps treating people like shit yet people always come back to her... I was the exception and she must hate my guts for that. I still stupidly miss the fun we had together though. I was definitely much better off without her even though throughout my relationship she was the reason of my insecurities... and now.. well, let's not even go there as it has nothing to do with E+J ahah
lmmomSD wrote: Yep, people that have to put others down have something that feels ugly about themselves, so they have to make others feel bad to make themselves feel better. Same with jealousy. Jealousy has more to do with the jealous person feeling insecure than anything their partner is doing.
Of course here we are in a gossip forum talking smack about Ellie, so what does that say about us?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
My humble 26 years on this earth make me think some people are already born this way... I know of some people that express narcissistic behavior and from what I know in their life, it's not because of the way they were brought up. It just looks like they were born... bad.
Jealousy I too think comes from insecurities but insecurity is such a complex issue... sometimes it's not that simple!
Idt anyone here is jealous of Ellie ahah

I was watching Bonnie's v-day vlog from last year and my jaw dropped at how much Jackson then looked like Calvin now!!! For a moment my brain thought Calvin had time traveled, I'm not joking!!!
you can call me kath.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

kathpt wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
It's all spawned from low self-esteem and insecurity, my friend. I had a very similar experience, so know that I mean it when I say, you are strong and awesome for putting up with that; and so much better off now!! :)
I know! I always felt pretty small compared to her but now I see she's not better than me. Pisses me off she has all I want and keeps treating people like shit yet people always come back to her... I was the exception and she must hate my guts for that. I still stupidly miss the fun we had together though. I was definitely much better off without her even though throughout my relationship she was the reason of my insecurities... and now.. well, let's not even go there as it has nothing to do with E+J ahah
lmmomSD wrote: Yep, people that have to put others down have something that feels ugly about themselves, so they have to make others feel bad to make themselves feel better. Same with jealousy. Jealousy has more to do with the jealous person feeling insecure than anything their partner is doing.
Of course here we are in a gossip forum talking smack about Ellie, so what does that say about us?

My humble 26 years on this earth make me think some people are already born this way... I know of some people that express narcissistic behavior and from what I know in their life, it's not because of the way they were brought up. It just looks like they were born... bad.
Jealousy I too think comes from insecurities but insecurity is such a complex issue... sometimes it's not that simple!
Idt anyone here is jealous of Ellie ahah

I was watching Bonnie's v-day vlog from last year and my jaw dropped at how much Jackson then looked like Calvin now!!! For a moment my brain thought Calvin had time traveled, I'm not joking!!!
I agree with all of this.

Except the part about Jackson and Cal looking similar. I don't see it.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I don't understand why they can't have coffee but they all chug pop.
Dirty cokes from swig or sonic, dr. Pepper, etc

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

calliepaige84 wrote:I don't understand why they can't have coffee but they all chug pop.

the mormons where I grew up (east coast) all adhered to no caffeine and included soda in that. the only mormons I've seen who apparently turn a blind eye to it are the ones from Utah (those I've met in real life too). i don't want to generalize it, but does anyone else have experiences like that?
Gossip-Union16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Gossip-Union16 »

Coincidence, or do you think Blendtek gifted Ellie and Bonnie those blenders? Both sisters have put footage up this week using the same black blender... looks like an ad for the product!
kathpt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kathpt »

HelloSweetie wrote: Except the part about Jackson and Cal looking similar. I don't see it.
starts @5.33
but the exact second that freaked me out was this
http://i66.tinypic.com/1zggsow.png

Bonnie said she went out and bought the blender so idk.... And I'm pretty sure ellie has had hers for a while?
you can call me kath.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

kathpt wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Except the part about Jackson and Cal looking similar. I don't see it.
starts @5.33
but the exact second that freaked me out was this
http://i66.tinypic.com/1zggsow.png

Bonnie said she went out and bought the blender so idk.... And I'm pretty sure ellie has had hers for a while?
Ok. In that pic I can see the similarity in the eyes. They both have long lashes!

Blendtecs are pretty trendy rn. If you're going to buy a blender, it's definitely at the top of most recommendation lists.

I thought Ellie's had one for awhile too. She bought one shortly after Missy was hyping it didn't she?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

chipmunks wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I don't understand why they can't have coffee but they all chug pop.

the mormons where I grew up (east coast) all adhered to no caffeine and included soda in that. the only mormons I've seen who apparently turn a blind eye to it are the ones from Utah (those I've met in real life too). i don't want to generalize it, but does anyone else have experiences like that?
Apparently, the church recently (meaning in the past few years) said that it was OK to drink sodas. When I was growing up, my Mormon friends stayed away from caffeinated sodas too.

formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

gymchick43 wrote:Also I thought Ellie and Jared were making 51 k a month. Their social blade seems to be much lower (E+J on top and 8passenger on bottom) [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... fd817d.jpg[/img]

I obviously have no way of knowing the breakdown of income from videos vs. sponsorships but I'm pretty sure a huge chunk of their income comes from the latter. I know someone who is popular on IG and doesn't do any other social media things for sponsorships and makes a ton.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

chipmunks wrote:

When I was in high school and college (late 90s/early 2000s), the Mormons I knew didn't drink caffeine in general - coffee, tea, most sodas, energy drinks for sure, these were all avoided. They would drink naturally caffeine-free type sodas like root beer, Orange Crush, Sprite etc, but I never got the impression those were even consumed daily. I don't remember any drinking the non-caffeinated versions of standard sodas like Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc - but I can't say if that was personal preference or community standard or what.

The caffeine thing was the church's interpretation at the time of the Word of Wisdom, which advised moderation, eating less animal flesh, and avoiding "hot drinks." Caffeine wasn't specifically mentioned, and Mormons were still permitted hot chocolate and herbal teas, so it was never exactly spelled out and the "rule" was just the best judgment of church leaders. I always wondered if it was just some 1800s-era health and wellness advice that Joseph Smith took stock in and included in the Book of Mormon.

Sometime during the 2000s, it seems the church leaders relaxed the standard on beverages to include caffeinated sodas, and Jared has probably rejoiced ever since, lol.

It's been super interesting to me ever since my first relatively close Mormon friend, a classmate in high school, declined a glass of iced tea at my house. She was really hesitant to explain details of her religion though, as hers was the only Mormon family in the school district and she had a complex about people making fun of her. I don't think anyone ever did... But maybe that was because she was good about keeping the details out of the rumor mill.

I will just never understand why it's okay to drink Dr. Pepper but not iced coffee. Hell, the last church I was a member of (some years ago), had a rocking free coffee bar, and people would show up 1-2 hours before the service to drink coffee and socialize. Small groups would meet in coffee shops, even... So coffee and church are permanently intertwined in my mind.

But I find the Mormons really interesting. Apparently there is a soda shop just outside the BYU campus, which at one time sold the highest volume of soda in the nation (or something like that). That was even true back in the day when soda wasn't supposed to be allowed. I wonder if giving caffeinated sodas the thumbs-up was an attempt to stop young adults from leaving the church?
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Ellie and Jared have set themselves up for a lifestyle that brings in $50k a month. If that slips in any way, I think they will go into crisis mode. Sponsorships account for a bit, but I don't think it's the majority of their income. Sponsored vlogs can't be monetized. Plus people don't like watching those, so it would effect their credibility and annoy viewers. They've always done a lot of sneaky sponsorship videos though (minky blankets, breastfeeding wraps, clothes, razors, home security, games), so they could always try to do more of those. If their views slip too far down then their sponsorship opportunities change along with it. We could see more Blue Apron again on the future.

I think the SB estimates are still off because of the glitch last week, but this only involved the subscribers. Their views are definitely down and it's either because they are painfully boring lately, fake and obnoxious, or the Shay incident has made people view them differently.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Jared's speech at his in-law's home rubbed me the wrong way. A "cool memory" at a memorial? Seemed weird to me. Maybe it's because LDS try to be more positive, but can't people grieve? Why does it always have to be "fun" or "cool"?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”