E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sarai wrote:Jared's speech at his in-law's home rubbed me the wrong way. A "cool memory" at a memorial? Seemed weird to me. Maybe it's because LDS try to be more positive, but can't people grieve? Why does it always have to be "fun" or "cool"?
I think the word he was looking for was BITTERSWEET.

He probably should have just said nothing.
JoCo 89
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by JoCo 89 »

natalka81 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I know YTers need to advertise to make money, but I'm getting REALLY tired of seeing and hearing about Dr Pepper Image
Oh my gosh. THIS. I am wondering if maybe the LDS church owns Dr. Pepper or something.
That would be really weird, cuz good Mormons aren't supposed to drink caffeinated sodas! XD
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Sarai wrote:Jared's speech at his in-law's home rubbed me the wrong way. A "cool memory" at a memorial? Seemed weird to me. Maybe it's because LDS try to be more positive, but can't people grieve? Why does it always have to be "fun" or "cool"?
I think the word he was looking for was BITTERSWEET.

He probably should have just said nothing.
I get bittersweet. Especially at a funeral. When someone dies, you also remember the good times, and generally you see family that you might not have seen in a while, which can end up being fun.. But Jared is just so clumsy with words. It comes off insensitive, when he's trying to be deep. And Ellie just doesn't have the vocabulary to describe mixed feelings. After all, everything is "so fun!" And even Missy's birth vlog was hilarious.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
JoCo 89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JoCo 89 »

I hate how Mormons can be so "plastic"about emotions---faking the "good" ones and shaming away the "bad" ones... SOOO unhealthy! And can lead to emotional neglect/abuse... :/
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

I made an intro post but I don't see it! Sorry if this is a duplicate :?

I'm new! I watch Bonnie and DB some, but have never been able to get into Ellie and Jared because there is something off-putting about them. Ellie in particular has a harshness about her. Like she's only warm when the camera is on, but cold the rest of the time. Does anyone else see it? Jared is needy and desperate which I just find annoying.

Can someone explain the "playdate" and "butt-cheek" incidents for me? I've seen them referenced in passing on other boards, but don't know the story behind them.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I think low views is what caused them to go ahead with the Ancestry sponsorship. That was kind of strange the way it was jammed into the vlog, but I'm glad they said it was filmed a while ago instead of trying to trick everyone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I thought it wasn't an awful vlog with showing their extended family. I think their sister or Aunt Sonya gave each of her siblings some framed picture (wrapped gift) which I image was emotional. I don't see their family any different than others and you get together watch movies or videos which I'm sure was both happy and sad with a loss of a family member. Visiting during this time doesn't have to be without laughter or you enjoy seeing family you don't normally see.

Ok, I am terrible, but the worst parts to me is when they feature Calvin which they seem to be doing more lately?
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

tratra58 wrote:
Ok, I am terrible, but the worst parts to me is when they feature Calvin which they seem to be doing more lately?
we can be terrible together because each time I see calvin I roll my eyes and go ugh not you again. Which is awful cause he's only a toddler but he's just not my favorite (Sorry! but a lot of the kids I didnt like until different moments so I'll give it time)

Also, the first clip, jackson's haircut (the back of his head) is AWFUL. Ellie should really fix it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

On a different note, I liked their very nice blender, but priced it out and it is pretty expensive. I think back to their townhouse days where they had less expensive appliance and now purchase nothing but the best. At the same time, they are down views and I wonder how they adjust spending when income goes way down. I think it will be interesting to see how much they put into landscaping their backyard this spring or perhaps this has been paid for. That backyard wasn't cheap.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:On a different note, I liked their very nice blender, but priced it out and it is pretty expensive. I think back to their townhouse days where they had less expensive appliance and now purchase nothing but the best. At the same time, they are down views and I wonder how they adjust spending when income goes way down. I think it will be interesting to see how much they put into landscaping their backyard this spring or perhaps this has been paid for. That backyard wasn't cheap.
Didn't Ellie say they were waiting on a quote for the fence? My guess is a lot of the yard costs haven't been paid yet. I really think they will be ongoing.

A really fast snowmelt here had me thinking about the drainage there. If they get a bad rainstorm or fast melt, isn't the water going to drain right towards the foundation? I don't see how they can prevent this with out having the landscaper create carefully sloped tiers in the yard.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:On a different note, I liked their very nice blender, but priced it out and it is pretty expensive. I think back to their townhouse days where they had less expensive appliance and now purchase nothing but the best. At the same time, they are down views and I wonder how they adjust spending when income goes way down. I think it will be interesting to see how much they put into landscaping their backyard this spring or perhaps this has been paid for. That backyard wasn't cheap.
Didn't Ellie say they were waiting on a quote for the fence? My guess is a lot of the yard costs haven't been paid yet. I really think they will be ongoing.

A really fast snowmelt here had me thinking about the drainage there. If they get a bad rainstorm or fast melt, isn't the water going to drain right towards the foundation? I don't see how they can prevent this with out having the landscaper create carefully sloped tiers in the yard.

I image their builder looked at this since it is an awful lot, but I can see the way the house is position below a steep slope, it could be a problem. I don't know how the builder graded to slope away from the house. I also never seen window wells that deep...I wonder if they've had any more mice in them?

Fencing generally is not cheap.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
we can be terrible together because each time I see calvin I roll my eyes and go ugh not you again. Which is awful cause he's only a toddler but he's just not my favorite (Sorry! but a lot of the kids I didnt like until different moments so I'll give it time)

Also, the first clip, jackson's haircut (the back of his head) is AWFUL. Ellie should really fix it.
Oh God, me too. I can't even hate-watch them on the daily anymore, though. The last of their vlogs I watched included Calvin repeatedly knocking over some dice Jackson was stacking, and getting tickled by Jared. I feel like E+J are trying hard to sell the idea that Calvin is actually cute and likable and has a good personality. I'm not buying, lol. Every time I see the kid, I remember Ellie calling him a Gremlin, lmao.

The new poster who mentioned Ellie is cold and Jared is desperate has the measure of them.

Play date thing - Jared edited a vlog really poorly, or maybe intentionally left in his attempt to start a sentence over and over again. He said Jackson had gone to a play date, and Ellie corrected him by telling him to say babysitter instead.

Butt cheek thing - Jared and Joel went on a mandate to a barber shop, where they both got their faces shaved. Jared kept raving about how soft his skin was afterward, as soft as a baby's "bum." Then he tried to prove it by grabbing Calvin and starting to undress him. Calvin whined and squirmed away, so Jared grabbed Lincoln - removed two layers of clothes and a diaper, then rubber his face on Linc's bare bottom. Ellie filmed it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Actually, the play date thing is backwards. He said baby sitter, and Ellie said "Don't call it that. Say playdate"

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Gossip-Union16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Gossip-Union16 »

Ellie looked scarily thin in this last blog. The black dress only accentuated it. I think Ellie should stop with the new healthy girl recipes and see a Doctor. Surely her family must be worried.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
chipmunks wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I don't understand why they can't have coffee but they all chug pop.
Dirty cokes from swig or sonic, dr. Pepper, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the mormons where I grew up (east coast) all adhered to no caffeine and included soda in that. the only mormons I've seen who apparently turn a blind eye to it are the ones from Utah (those I've met in real life too). i don't want to generalize it, but does anyone else have experiences like that?
When I was in high school and college (late 90s/early 2000s), the Mormons I knew didn't drink caffeine in general - coffee, tea, most sodas, energy drinks for sure, these were all avoided. They would drink naturally caffeine-free type sodas like root beer, Orange Crush, Sprite etc, but I never got the impression those were even consumed daily. I don't remember any drinking the non-caffeinated versions of standard sodas like Coke, Dr. Pepper, etc - but I can't say if that was personal preference or community standard or what.

The caffeine thing was the church's interpretation at the time of the Word of Wisdom, which advised moderation, eating less animal flesh, and avoiding "hot drinks." Caffeine wasn't specifically mentioned, and Mormons were still permitted hot chocolate and herbal teas, so it was never exactly spelled out and the "rule" was just the best judgment of church leaders. I always wondered if it was just some 1800s-era health and wellness advice that Joseph Smith took stock in and included in the Book of Mormon.

Sometime during the 2000s, it seems the church leaders relaxed the standard on beverages to include caffeinated sodas, and Jared has probably rejoiced ever since, lol.

It's been super interesting to me ever since my first relatively close Mormon friend, a classmate in high school, declined a glass of iced tea at my house. She was really hesitant to explain details of her religion though, as hers was the only Mormon family in the school district and she had a complex about people making fun of her. I don't think anyone ever did... But maybe that was because she was good about keeping the details out of the rumor mill.

I will just never understand why it's okay to drink Dr. Pepper but not iced coffee. Hell, the last church I was a member of (some years ago), had a rocking free coffee bar, and people would show up 1-2 hours before the service to drink coffee and socialize. Small groups would meet in coffee shops, even... So coffee and church are permanently intertwined in my mind.

But I find the Mormons really interesting. Apparently there is a soda shop just outside the BYU campus, which at one time sold the highest volume of soda in the nation (or something like that). That was even true back in the day when soda wasn't supposed to be allowed. I wonder if giving caffeinated sodas the thumbs-up was an attempt to stop young adults from leaving the church?
Ahh that makes sense. I didn't know they relaxed the standards. Still nuts to me. But maybe for the better. Could you imagine E+J hyped up on coffee?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Dr. Pepper is just as bad as coffee-- sugar _and_ caffeine. Maybe that's part of why Jared is so freaking hyper!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
OnEDGE
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OnEDGE »

Ellie and Bonnie can really act juvenile but I don't think Julie does. Why was Ellie acting that way putting on lipstick in the car and the way her and Bonnie acted at the
table drinking Dr.P? Oh wow, Aunt Sonja's picture/note was wonderful and sad. Those Swig cookies look delicious on their website and are only in Utah.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

OnEDGE wrote:Ellie and Bonnie can really act juvenile but I don't think Julie does. Why was Ellie acting that way putting on lipstick in the car and the way her and Bonnie acted at the
table drinking Dr.P? Oh wow, Aunt Sonja's picture/note was wonderful and sad. Those Swig cookies look delicious on their website and are only in Utah.
I swear the constant carrying on about Dr Pepper is a product placement. It's ridiculous.

Ellie must buy those cookies by the hundred! She's been showing them non-stop over the last two weeks in her vlogs and Bonnie's. Seems weird to carry on about Dr Pepper and cookies while boasting about her new "healthy eating" lifestyle Image
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
OnEDGE wrote:Ellie and Bonnie can really act juvenile but I don't think Julie does. Why was Ellie acting that way putting on lipstick in the car and the way her and Bonnie acted at the
I swear the constant carrying on about Dr Pepper is a product placement. It's ridiculous.

Ellie must buy those cookies by the hundred! She's been showing them non-stop over the last two weeks in her vlogs and Bonnie's. Seems weird to carry on about Dr Pepper and cookies while boasting about her new "healthy eating" lifestyle Image
Well, they did send Jared 80 cases. They probably expect something for it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

"Ugh not you again" this killed me :lol: :lol: I'm so with you though. I feel like the vlogs are so centered around him lately.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”