OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKWe'reStillBehind: Part 9

Unread post by Midia »

I really like this video and OMG Levi was so cute, kissing his sister and how he didn't want Korina to take his sister away from him, it melt my heart <3 (Damn, Levi REALLY makes me want to have kids!!! I really had to remind myself that I want to do things in the right order, children will have to wait a few years :D ).
I wonder, seeing how interested Levi was toward his sister, how Keren will react ,because if I remenber well, Keren was disappointed that Jackson, when he met Landon, didn't care much about his brother (which wasn't surprising in a way, he is young and didn't really understand, Levi on the contrary reacted really well to his sister in this video and I hope for OK it continues).

Kyra seems way better compared with her emergency c-section with Levi so that's good, at least the c-section was planned so she was not as scared as she must have been with Levi.

It was weird to see the flashback, I forgot how little Levi was when they announced the pregnancy, and in the video I thought he looked older in a way, I don't know if it's because he is officially a big brother or if it was to see how little he was a few months ago...

Also, what is a doula? I already heard the term but I am really not familiar with the role of a doula. Kyra had her doula with her (and I found it quite nice that she had someone with her just after the baby was born since Oscar left with the nurses and the baby) but what is her role during a pregnancy?
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

I hope they keep Levi away from Alaya unlike Keren and Khoa did when they took Landon home and Jackson was sick :([/quote]
Really? To be fair Jackson wasn't sick he had teeth coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

no he had a cold too. He ran a fever and had a runny nose. Teething doesnt cause fevers..[/quote]

Since when does teething not cause fevers?? According to my children's pediatrician, their old one and every other Doctor Ive ever spoken to it does.
sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

Midia wrote:I really like this video and OMG Levi was so cute, kissing his sister and how he didn't want Korina to take his sister away from him, it melt my heart <3 (Damn, Levi REALLY makes me want to have kids!!! I really had to remind myself that I want to do things in the right order, children will have to wait a few years :D ).
I wonder, seeing how interested Levi was toward his sister, how Keren will react ,because if I remenber well, Keren was disappointed that Jackson, when he met Landon, didn't care much about his brother (which wasn't surprising in a way, he is young and didn't really understand, Levi on the contrary reacted really well to his sister in this video and I hope for OK it continues).

Kyra seems way better compared with her emergency c-section with Levi so that's good, at least the c-section was planned so she was not as scared as she must have been with Levi.

It was weird to see the flashback, I forgot how little Levi was when they announced the pregnancy, and in the video I thought he looked older in a way, I don't know if it's because he is officially a big brother or if it was to see how little he was a few months ago...

Also, what is a doula? I already heard the term but I am really not familiar with the role of a doula. Kyra had her doula with her (and I found it quite nice that she had someone with her just after the baby was born since Oscar left with the nurses and the baby) but what is her role during a pregnancy?
A Doula is trained to support and assist during childbirth. I think she's different from a midwife in that they don't have to have actual medical training. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there please! I believe some people have their Doula assist post-partum too, which is nice.
sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Look at that sweet lil face and the matching dress to mama! My baby fever is strong right now. Their photographer has started posting a couple of photos too if anyone is interested. @nayeli_saupe_photography

Also, yes I'm aware at how fast I'm capturing screenshots. I have their notifications turned on. I blame the baby fever. No one look at me.

Last edited by sjla6993 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Really? To be fair Jackson wasn't sick he had teeth coming in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no he had a cold too. He ran a fever and had a runny nose. Teething doesnt cause fevers..
Teeth coming in can definitely cause fevers! She even took him to the doctor and the doctor told her it was his teeth. I know you hate keren but Kyra and Oscar is letting Levi kiss all over alaya and he has the flu. That is much worse.

but jackson also had runny nose and the doc didnt confirm nor deny what was wrong with him...at least kk never updated. I dont hate keren and i dont like kyra more than keren. I think they were both in the wrong here...newborns have such fragile immune systems it is so dangerous to expose them to so many people (like keren did) including sick babies or potentially sick babies. I wouldnt take that risk.[/quote]

Sorry but you are wrong. I'm on my second kid. He is teething right now and cutting his first molars. His symptoms are slight fever, runny nose, rosy cheeks, and drooling everywhere. He is NOT sick.

disketa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by disketa »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I agree the vlog was very unemotional. It is the first birth vlog I've ever watched that didn't make me cry. I even cry during birth vlogs of people I don't like. It was also weird that they didn't show her stats. I want to see her weight and height. They barely even gave us a good glimpse of her whole face.

Maybe they're planning on doing a 'meet the baby' type of video? Although knowing them she'd probably start crawling before they post it. :D
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

beautifullife75 wrote:Okay guys I'm going to be honest, with all of oscars skills he couldn't have done better than that?? Please don't rip me a new one but I guess I was expecting more than that. Welp whatever

Seems like everyone expects rainbows and flying monkeys lol. No matter what they post someone says "i expected more than that" I thought it was perfect!
Rkp65i
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Rkp65i »

maryinl8 wrote:How jealous do y'all think Keren is about Levi's affection towards Alaya after watching that vlog
I doubt she is at all because Jackson is so affectionate towards Landon now, hugging and cuddling gim and rubbing his face. Some kids take a little longer to warm up.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

the vlog was super cute! It was edited well i have to admit. idk if the needing the permission for music thing was true tbh but whatever--deff didnt take 3 days to edit lol. But knowing oscar, the flashbacks alone must have taken 2 days to even find and edit in -_- alaya is precious and levi with her melted my heart omggg. But korina deff should have held onto her at all times. Levi pulling her back like that made me SO anxious--shaken baby syndrome can happen and so many things can go wrong if the baby is shaken, dropped, or moved roughly. But other than that levi's reaction with the kisses was absolutely the most precious thing omggg. To whoeever said levi looked more grown up: TOTALLY. I thought the same thing. He seemed to understand that it was a baby and to be gentle and everything. Idk why but jackson literally doesnt seem to understand anything around him or how it works tbh. ive never seen him interact with objects or show any indication of how they work, their role, etc. That's probably why he doesnt respond well to landon or doesnt seem interested...jackson's behavior is just weird to me, idk what it is.
bugbuddyhater2046
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bugbuddyhater2046 »

Wow I really enjoyed that birth vlog. Didn't seem like 3 days worth of work but I felt like it seemed super real. They weren't obnoxious and although I don't really like oscar I have to say it was pretty cute how once his nerves set in he got all giddy (esp. about bathing her) I wish he showed that side of him more like he used to with Levi, maybe having this new baby will make him more tolerable lol. Kyra looks great oh my goodness. I really hope she doesn't regress like she did with Levi, though. I also really hope they get back on track/figure out a schedule for their vlogs because that was genuinely enjoyable and it made me actually want to watch another vlog. I hope they don't smother this one with blankets LOL! aha, Alaya is definitely cute though, I wish they would take that stupid bow out of her hair its ridiculous! and although Levi was adorable with her it couldn't help but cringe knowing he had the flu later :( also they really need to try to figure out a way to teach Levi to share, I feel like its going to be much harder for him with a sibling once minibug is a little older and starts to play with toys. I thought it was cute that Oscar called Kyra a warrior, when he said a few things (can't remember what exactly) towards the beginning of the vlog I was like oh god here comes insensitive oscar but I feel like tha seemed like a genuine compliment. At least I hope it was. if they don't make all the stupid mistakes they made with Levi and keep up the laid back attitudes (no annoying accents and montages) then I might actually like them lol
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Newuser12345 »

I think kyra and Alaya's matching robes are so cute!
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... cd9d28.jpg[/img]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:the vlog was super cute! It was edited well i have to admit. idk if the needing the permission for music thing was true tbh but whatever--deff didnt take 3 days to edit lol. But knowing oscar, the flashbacks alone must have taken 2 days to even find and edit in -_- alaya is precious and levi with her melted my heart omggg. But korina deff should have held onto her at all times. Levi pulling her back like that made me SO anxious--shaken baby syndrome can happen and so many things can go wrong if the baby is shaken, dropped, or moved roughly. But other than that levi's reaction with the kisses was absolutely the most precious thing omggg. To whoeever said levi looked more grown up: TOTALLY. I thought the same thing. He seemed to understand that it was a baby and to be gentle and everything. Idk why but jackson literally doesnt seem to understand anything around him or how it works tbh. ive never seen him interact with objects or show any indication of how they work, their role, etc. That's probably why he doesnt respond well to landon or doesnt seem interested...jackson's behavior is just weird to me, idk what it is.
Go watch kerens snap. Jackson is so cute he gets the kuireg container and puts it into the machine and then when it's done puts a straw in. That is very smart and skilled for a kid his age.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Also WHY OH WHY did oscar film kyra's stomach all bloody and the doctor wrenching away inside of her haha. I mean i dont mind bc im studying medicine but that was gory...noone wants to see that oscar. the bug buddies are prob traumatized
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:the vlog was super cute! It was edited well i have to admit. idk if the needing the permission for music thing was true tbh but whatever--deff didnt take 3 days to edit lol. But knowing oscar, the flashbacks alone must have taken 2 days to even find and edit in -_- alaya is precious and levi with her melted my heart omggg. But korina deff should have held onto her at all times. Levi pulling her back like that made me SO anxious--shaken baby syndrome can happen and so many things can go wrong if the baby is shaken, dropped, or moved roughly. But other than that levi's reaction with the kisses was absolutely the most precious thing omggg. To whoeever said levi looked more grown up: TOTALLY. I thought the same thing. He seemed to understand that it was a baby and to be gentle and everything. Idk why but jackson literally doesnt seem to understand anything around him or how it works tbh. ive never seen him interact with objects or show any indication of how they work, their role, etc. That's probably why he doesnt respond well to landon or doesnt seem interested...jackson's behavior is just weird to me, idk what it is.
Go watch kerens snap. Jackson is so cute he gets the kuireg container and puts it into the machine and then when it's done puts a straw in. That is very smart and skilled for a kid his age.

I've noticed you defend Keren and Jackson's every move. It's okay if yu don't dislike them, but it doesn't mean that you hace to reply to EVERY single post about them and try to change that persons opinion. Not being catty, but it's getting a little annoying. Jackson's a robot who doesn't know anything, he doesn't physically or emotionally do anything. He walks around screeching with a binky in his mouth. Keren's a total and complete bitch. That's MY opinion and I don't expect for you to feel the same. But that's my point, we all have different opinions. If you like them and think the world of them, so be it. You don't have to participate in the trash talk, but also don't have to come to their defense at every waking moment.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

msgmiscc wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

I've noticed you defend Keren and Jackson's every move. It's okay if yu don't dislike them, but it doesn't mean that you hace to reply to EVERY single post about them and try to change that persons opinion. Not being catty, but it's getting a little annoying. Jackson's a robot who doesn't know anything, he doesn't physically or emotionally do anything. He walks around screeching with a binky in his mouth. Keren's a total and complete bitch. That's MY opinion and I don't expect for you to feel the same. But that's my point, we all have different opinions. If you like them and think the world of them, so be it. You don't have to participate in the trash talk, but also don't have to come to their defense at every waking moment.
Nope I don't like keren or Kyra but love little Jackson. Sorry that I was surprised by this snap. It is the smartest thing I've seen him do and I haven't seen Levi do anything like that. You are the same way about Kyra always defending her. Yes he screams a lot but he isn't robotic and he has a calmer personality than Levi. He is adorable with Landon kissing and rubbing his little face. I hate all this comparing babies and making fun of innocent children.

domeniquekf35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by domeniquekf35 »

Idk guys. I didn't like the birth vlog. To me it felt like it was just another day, didn't feel too special or anything. Idk to me it was odd and I really try not to find the negative in everything with them..

sjla6993
Talker
Talker

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
msgmiscc wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:

Nope I don't like keren or Kyra but love little Jackson. Sorry that I was surprised by this snap. It is the smartest thing I've seen him do and I haven't seen Levi do anything like that. You are the same way about Kyra always defending her. Yes he screams a lot but he isn't robotic and he has a calmer personality than Levi. He is adorable with Landon kissing and rubbing his little face. I hate all this comparing babies and making fun of innocent children.

Okay let's not put Levi down to bring another kid up. Not to be rude but do you watch their vlogs? Levi DEFINITELY does stuff like that all the time and I think a majority of this thread will agree. Levi's showing great motor skills.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Levi is adorable. We can all agree on that. He's interactive and is learning so fast. He responds to Kyra and Oscar. The whole laundry bit and trash bit were so cute. He'll be a good big brother and a good helper.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

sjla6993 wrote: A Doula is trained to support and assist during childbirth. I think she's different from a midwife in that they don't have to have actual medical training. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there please! I believe some people have their Doula assist post-partum too, which is nice.
Thank you!
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Nope I don't like keren or Kyra but love little Jackson. Sorry that I was surprised by this snap. It is the smartest thing I've seen him do and I haven't seen Levi do anything like that. You are the same way about Kyra always defending her. Yes he screams a lot but he isn't robotic and he has a calmer personality than Levi. He is adorable with Landon kissing and rubbing his little face. I hate all this comparing babies and making fun of innocent children.
Jackson has a calmer personality than Levi? I am sorry but with all my respect I disagree, I don't like to compare children either but we can see than Levi is more used to communicate with adults and seem to understand more, Jackson only know communication through screams,I don't feel like anyone has a "calmer" personality than the other, but Levi, even if he is definitly not quiet, is a little more develop in term of communication and more active.. Not criticizing Jackson, I have a one year old cousin (he was born the same day as Levi) who acts the same way as Jackson (it's really annoying) and it's definitly his mother's fault... But anyway Levi, for me, behaved better than Jackson... I don't either feel like Jackson has a robotic personality, it's just, again, a problem of communication in my opinion, but I am sure he will develop more communication an motor skills later (Levi goes out really often which help him develop them faster that's all).
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
msgmiscc wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: Go watch kerens snap. Jackson is so cute he gets the kuireg container and puts it into the machine and then when it's done puts a straw in. That is very smart and skilled for a kid his age.

You must not have seen Levi throw trash out or him helping Kyra with laundry or him help clean up..

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Return to “OKBaby”