E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

phie20
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by phie20 »

Bonnie included a pic of Ellie after shaving her aunts head in the vlog "Saying Goodbye"... I barely recognized her, omg.

Those cheeks, that round face, I love it lol.
ellawski
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ellawski »

chipmunks wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I don't understand why they can't have coffee but they all chug pop.
Dirty cokes from swig or sonic, dr. Pepper, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the mormons where I grew up (east coast) all adhered to no caffeine and included soda in that. the only mormons I've seen who apparently turn a blind eye to it are the ones from Utah (those I've met in real life too). i don't want to generalize it, but does anyone else have experiences like that?
The ones I met here also skipped coffee and tea, but said it was "ok" to have soda. They talked about it like all LDS were allowed to have those.
ellawski
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ellawski »

That thumbnail with everyone smiling next to the coffin is disturbing af
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ellawski wrote:
chipmunks wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I don't understand why they can't have coffee but they all chug pop.
Dirty cokes from swig or sonic, dr. Pepper, etc

the mormons where I grew up (east coast) all adhered to no caffeine and included soda in that. the only mormons I've seen who apparently turn a blind eye to it are the ones from Utah (those I've met in real life too). i don't want to generalize it, but does anyone else have experiences like that?
The ones I met here also skipped coffee and tea, but said it was "ok" to have soda. They talked about it like all LDS were allowed to have those.
This is true. They aren't allowed to have "hot beverages" which seems to only apply to coffee and tea because they drink a lot of hot chocolate. Coffee and tea actually heave arguable health benefits, unlike soda and hot chocolate, so this really annoys me. It seems like the church has opened up exceptions only because they are trying to appease the youth and keep them from straying. If this were a fellow parent's policy and they let their child have sugary drinks but not drink tea, I would side-eye so hard....
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

ellawski wrote:That thumbnail with everyone smiling next to the coffin is disturbing af
It is hard to judge and this seemed very normal to them. I wouldn't call it disturbing, just different. The disturbing part is they lost a family member so young to cancer. I think their family honored Aunt Sonya's passing away both on and off the camera respectfully.

The parts of vlogging I like the most is seeing how extended family relates to each other even during difficult times.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

*Ugh, I just want to start out by saying I'm so sorry to be bringing a topic back up. I just got caught up. I feel like I tend to do this a lot and I really hope it doesn't annoy anyone. :(*

I just want to add to the Calvin conversation. I kind of love when this comes up because it really is so interesting trying to pinpoint exactly what it is about him that rubs so many of us the wrong way. I think it has a lot to do with what someone (HS, maybe?) said in a previous thread; humans have a tendency to develop a distaste for the weakling. It sounds horrible, but really, it's just a natural instinct. Ellie babying him doesn't do him any favors either. I think his looks are just an unfortunate detail that happen to coincide with our natural feelings toward him. I mean, we get "bad vibes" from adults that make us dislike them for really, no good reason, so I don't really think it's /soo/ wrong to feel this way toward a child. (god I feel awful for saying that.) It's definitely not any fault of Calvin's whatsoever, and completely lays on E+J's (mostly E's) shoulders. I just hope he can somehow manage to grow it.

In order to take the boys' (boyses lol) looks out of the equation, I started imagining if the situation were exaaaaactly the same, except if Cal and Jacks swapped bodies. I feel confident that we would feel the same toward Jackson (if he were to look like Calvin. I hope I'm making sense). If anything, we might feel an even stronger pull toward Jackson thinking, "Poor guy, he's such a sweetheart, I feel so bad for him with those teeth yady yada..." and an even stronger dislike toward Cal (if he looked like Jackson) thinking, "Ugh, Ellie only favors him because she thinks he's the cuter one, etc..."

Any thoughts on this after imagining for yourselves?
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

E+E - We Did Nothing Wrong! Part 21

Unread post by kittypurry »

HelloSweetie wrote:
ellawski wrote:
chipmunks wrote: the mormons where I grew up (east coast) all adhered to no caffeine and included soda in that. the only mormons I've seen who apparently turn a blind eye to it are the ones from Utah (those I've met in real life too). i don't want to generalize it, but does anyone else have experiences like that?
This is true. They aren't allowed to have "hot beverages" which seems to only apply to coffee and tea because they drink a lot of hot chocolate. Coffee and tea actually heave arguable health benefits, unlike soda and hot chocolate, so this really annoys me. It seems like the church has opened up exceptions only because they are trying to appease the youth and keep them from straying. If this were a fellow parent's policy and they let their child have sugary drinks but not drink tea, I would side-eye so hard....
This video does a pretty good job of explaining the Word of Wisdom. Watch till the end

YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

They're trying way too hard with those clips of old footage. They seem to not have enough of footage or purposely don't vlog enough and try to fill the void with boring or irrelevant things as of frequently. First, that random ancestry ad, and now this. They hyped up that footage and acted like such celebs and it was so boring, lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:They're trying way too hard with those clips of old footage. They seem to not have enough of footage or purposely don't vlog enough and try to fill the void with boring or irrelevant things as of frequently. First, that random ancestry ad, and now this. They hyped up that footage and acted like such celebs and it was so boring, lol
Their views are down. Social Blade still has them making $200k a year, and last month it was over a million.

Even if we don't go off SB though, the vlogs aren't reaching 200k views anymore. Either they've lost views or Jared is no longer topping them up like we speculated he used to.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

kittypurry wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
ellawski wrote: The ones I met here also skipped coffee and tea, but said it was "ok" to have soda. They talked about it like all LDS were allowed to have those.
This video does a pretty good job of explaining the Word of Wisdom. Watch till the end

All that Ex-Mo stuff is fascinating. I saw a video yesterday of a wedding from inside the temple. It was.... interesting.

I try to be respectful of all religion, but I struggle with LDS and Scientology. Both closely resemble cults IMO.
amberamber
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amberamber »

LydiaE wrote:So freakin' tacky to vlog a funeral.
I agree. My uncle passed away two weeks ago and recording is the last thing I would think about during the funeral.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Is it my imagination or do Ellie and Jared spend a very unusual amount of their adult time in their onesies? Even in public kind of settings. I wouldn't want to wear a onesie in front of my cat, let alone anyone else.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I think Jared was definitely buying views before and got busted. They lost 11 million views last month! Whatever site he used to use has obviously been discovered. I wonder how much money he would have wasted if that's the case?
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote: In order to take the boys' (boyses lol) looks out of the equation, I started imagining if the situation were exaaaaactly the same, except if Cal and Jacks swapped bodies. I feel confident that we would feel the same toward Jackson (if he were to look like Calvin. I hope I'm making sense). If anything, we might feel an even stronger pull toward Jackson thinking, "Poor guy, he's such a sweetheart, I feel so bad for him with those teeth yady yada..." and an even stronger dislike toward Cal (if he looked like Jackson) thinking, "Ugh, Ellie only favors him because she thinks he's the cuter one, etc..."

Any thoughts on this after imagining for yourselves?
It's an interesting topic to me too, and it's something I think about basically every time I watch E+J or read/post about them here. Not because I relish in thinking unkind thoughts about a one-year-old, but actually sort of the opposite - it is troubling to feel this way. I can't really analyze it through the lens of "usually when I dislike very young children, it's for XYZ reasons"... Because it's not something that has ever happened before. In the interest of full disclosure, there are two other small YT kids that I'm also not crazy about, but it isn't anywhere close to being on the same level as the Calvin issue. Literally those can be 100% attributed to the way they are parented and that's all there is to it.

But I've been down the same rabbit hole in terms of mentally switching out the "boyses" looks too. Cal being a cuter boy wouldn't make me like him more, and I agree that Jackson being less cute would just make me feel even more sorry for him and irritated with Ellie's favoritism. I've known a few kids IRL who just plain did not win the genetic lottery, but still had fun little personalities or a sweetness about them (etc). To a degree, I suppose the aversion to C could have to do with what I perceive as an extreme resemblance to Ellie (in appearance AND personality). Certainly a good deal of it has to do with him being so clearly and apparently preferred over Jackson (who is as close to "ideal" as 3 year olds get), and it's interesting to wonder how we might all feel if Calvin was treated like the red-headed stepchild while Jackson was instead praised to heaven and back... Or perhaps more interestingly, if Calvin were E+J's only child. I suppose each of those scenarios would have resulted in him developing a different personality with different behaviors, but if we can assume he is still the same exact boy in either of those situations as he is now... Then I think he would still be off-putting to many people. What if he was the same boy but in a different family? Drop him into Cullen and Katie's family, or J House Vlogs, or whatever family you find less irritating than E+J... Is he still annoying? Because Ellie definitely figures into all of this, but I can't figure out to exactly what extent.

I will say that I have recently found him cute on two occasions... Once when he licked the bath bomb and said "mmm," and when they gave him the gross smoothie. The little expression he pulled every time he looked at the cup was funny. But it only takes a split second for him to do something like kick Olivia during Duck Duck Goose - or make that whining screeching sound he's got going on - or really, do nothing out of the ordinary - and I'm back to being irrationally irritated by a one-year-old again. Obviously lots of one-year-olds screech and whine and act out, so I can't say precisely what it is that's so off-putting about this one. It's interesting in a very bizarre way.

One time as a kid, I broke a tooth, and ran my tongue over the broken part nonstop for days. The Calvin thing has a similar "something is wrong here" feeling that keeps me interested. Maybe the "something wrong" is just that I'm unusually mean, but if that were the case, I would expect to feel this way often, about many children.

ETA: Yes, the amount of time E+J spend in footie pajamas is bizarre. But I have never understood the appeal of those for adults... Maybe because I didn't wear them as a kid.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

RecklessDisregard wrote: Obviously lots of one-year-olds screech and whine and act out, so I can't say precisely what it is that's so off-putting about this one. It's interesting in a very bizarre way.

One time as a kid, I broke a tooth, and ran my tongue over the broken part nonstop for days. The Calvin thing has a similar "something is wrong here" feeling that keeps me interested. Maybe the "something wrong" is just that I'm unusually mean, but if that were the case, I would expect to feel this way often, about many children.
*trying to avoid long quote tree so forgive me for only leaving your last couple of statements in*

Wow. Thank you for that excellent feedback. It's like you're taking thoughts directly from my head and organizing them in your post lol. In other words, I couldn't of said it better myself!

Your analogy at the end is amazing; I completely agree. When I first started having these thoughts I didn't pay them any attention or put any energy toward them. But, seeing that so many of us feel the exact same way, there just has to be something more to it; more than us just being mean spirited, heartless internet trolls lmao. I think that there definitely is "something wrong" here that something inside of us picks up on.

But, like you said, I think his extreme likeness of Ellie plays a huge factor. If I imagine him dropped in the C&K realm, with respect that everything about him would be the same, I honestly can't imagine feeling the same way as I do about him.

Just as you said, I too am not one to feel this way often - I feel bad about feeling this way at all. There is just definitely something that is very, distinctly off-putting about him, and it's extremely intriguing trying to pinpoint what it is, lol.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I know many people would read the comments about Calvin and think they are harsh. I think it's important to distinguish that I don't think any of us mean to hate on him, it's just a reaction that we have to what we see in vlogs. While I don't think his unfortunate appearance helps any, I don't think this reaction has anything to do with it. For me, ALOT of it comes down to that whine and screech someone mentioned. I read the description and could immediately hear it in my head and had an exhausted reaction to it. Some kids are just more annoying than others. Other than this though, I agree with others that the overall reaction has more to do with Ellie than Cal. When Ellie has another baby and drops him instantly as she did Jax, I think is safe to say most of us will feel incredibly sorry and heartbroken for him.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Something that crossed my mind toward the end of my last post, but which I didn't include because I had already written an essay and couldn't word it succinctly, is that people often comment how much Ruby's daughter Julie resembles Calvin and Ellie. Yet we don't find Julie irritating at all; if anything, her gentle nature and the unfair treatment she is perceived to get in vlogs have made her the sweetheart of Ruby's thread. Perhaps this would imply that the resemblance between Ellie and Calvin isn't as much of a factor as I had initially supposed.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Holy resemblance, Calvin! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... d73009.jpg[/img]

I think she is a glimpse into what E+J's future daughter that they are so confident they are having might look like.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

menehune wrote:I think Jared was definitely buying views before and got busted. They lost 11 million views last month! Whatever site he used to use has obviously been discovered. I wonder how much money he would have wasted if that's the case?
I think so too. They are wayyy down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

menehune wrote:I think Jared was definitely buying views before and got busted. They lost 11 million views last month! Whatever site he used to use has obviously been discovered. I wonder how much money he would have wasted if that's the case?
Surely another poster has already mentioned this (I don't keep up with this thread closely enough to know), but according to Social Blade, the reported loss of of 11,331,901 views on January 24 can be explained by a widespread YouTube glitch:

Tinfoil hat time: do we think it's possible that "glitch" is just a euphemism for YT gaining the ability to detect views from certain illegitimate source/s?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”