BritneyandBaby: Washing Out Everything Part 22

DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBaby: Washing Out Everything Part 22

Unread post by DecemberEm »

Her post suggests she hadn't bought the seats yet. She asks abwout them, and is told that they're not recommended if your child is already forward facing. I'll post the her original post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Is it confirmed that what that person told her is true though?

i did a 2 min google lol and didn't see anything saying 3 across wasnt okay
DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

These are certified car seat safety technicians. LOTS of them in the group. One of them would've said if the information was incorrect. Here's more of the thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DecemberEm on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

smom12 wrote:Wait, am I understanding this right? She absolutely HAD TO HAVE 3rd row seating, yet puts them all in the third row, knowing it's not safe to do so?

Someone PLEASE tell me she isn't that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, meant to say 2nd row.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

DecemberEm wrote:.

Wow yup the car crash detective was the website that came up that said it was okay for 3 across

She was completely informed and that's so gross that she's choosing to put them 3 across anyways.

Funny how she regrets not getting the captain seats. Duh girl
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And her third row doesn't even have a tether so no one will be able to forward face back there?! What a STUPID purchase that car was
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

*ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE THIRD ROW SEATING.*

Puts all three kids in 2nd row.

FACEPALM.

DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

I know! Least functional SUV for kids ever. I would absolutely take it back if I were her. She could get away with it for a few years if she put Harlow back there. But once all 3 kids are forward facing, there's no safe arrangement. Or maybe a high back booster is allowed in the third row? Not sure about that one!
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Wow that really sucks for her. She must be regretting not doing her research- did she buy it before or after getting preg?

Also that's news to me that dionos aren't rec for FF.
DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

It's not that they're not recommended for FF. it's just that their booster modes are basically useless, because the harness is ourgrown at the same time as the booster mode, which is way earlier than is safe for a child to ride without a booster. So if you're only using the seat in one mode (FF instead of RF and FF) then you aren't really getting your money's worth, and there are combination seats (FF and high back booster) that will last your child much longer. Does that's make sense? So in like a year or two when Aria has outgrown the Diono FF, Britney is going to have to buy yet another new seat for Aria. Waste of money.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sucks- I bought dionos for my younger kids with the impression it's all I'll ever need :(
DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

They're still excellent seats! Especially for extended rear facing. My son is 3, rear facing, and will still fit rear facing until 4 in his Diono. We plan to switch him to forward facing in a combination seat when our new baby (due in August) is done with the infant carrier. So it will have gotten both my kids to 3-4 rear facing, so completely worth it to me! You'll just have to buy your kiddos high back boosters when it's time, and those tend to be relatively inexpensive.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

DecemberEm wrote:It baffles me how much misinformation about alcohol and breastfeeding there is on this thread. You'd think if you were making judgements, you'd at least be well informed on the topic. If you're sober enough to drive, then you are sober enough to breastfeed! One or two drinks is absolutely safe, and drinking while simultaneously breastfeeding is also okay. It takes a bit for the alcohol to actually get to your breastmilk. You don't have to wait 2 hours after one drink to breastfeed. If you get smashed, do not nurse until you are sober again. The alcohol will have cleared from your breastmilk. Pumping and dumping is not necessary. I encourage everyone to read up on this if you're a nursing mother. You have a bit more freedom than you think! What Britney is doing is perfectly fine.
I've been thinking the same things every single post about her drinking. Thanks for putting it all in one place. And to add to what you said, the best time to even have a drink would be right as baby is nursing, because it wouldn't enter your bloodstream or your breastmilk until after you're done, and then you'd have the biggest window of its content lowering before baby nurses again.

DecemberEm
Amateur
Amateur

Nothankyou wrote:
DecemberEm wrote:It baffles me how much misinformation about alcohol and breastfeeding there is on this thread. You'd think if you were making judgements, you'd at least be well informed on the topic. If you're sober enough to drive, then you are sober enough to breastfeed! One or two drinks is absolutely safe, and drinking while simultaneously breastfeeding is also okay. It takes a bit for the alcohol to actually get to your breastmilk. You don't have to wait 2 hours after one drink to breastfeed. If you get smashed, do not nurse until you are sober again. The alcohol will have cleared from your breastmilk. Pumping and dumping is not necessary. I encourage everyone to read up on this if you're a nursing mother. You have a bit more freedom than you think! What Britney is doing is perfectly fine.
I've been thinking the same things every single post about her drinking. Thanks for putting it all in one place. And to add to what you said, the best time to even have a drink would be right as baby is nursing, because it wouldn't enter your bloodstream or your breastmilk until after you're done, and then you'd have the biggest window of its content lowering before baby nurses again.

I meant to imply that in my post, but the way you explained it makes so much more sense. Thank you!
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Has Britney mentioned how she is/plans to treat potential PPD? She's not one to encapsulate her placenta I know. So meds?
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Didn't she say in her Big Secret videos she is taking antidepressants?
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Thoseonevloggers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Thoseonevloggers »

I don't care that drinks while nursing. I had alcoholic beverages here and there while breastfeeding my son so I'm not going to judge. I'm just more concerned because she seems to be drinking more often than usual? Maybe she has always been this way and is just making it more public? Just more so concerned about her depression is all.
Nuggetsaremylife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nuggetsaremylife »

ohaudrey wrote:Has Britney mentioned how she is/plans to treat potential PPD? She's not one to encapsulate her placenta I know. So meds?
I was reading yesterday that there's very little scientific research backing up anything to do with placenta consumption. That it's all from mothers who have done it and liked it. Imagedon't know how true it is though

Return to “Britneyandbaby”