YTMD Pet Peeves

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

EleanorRigby wrote:I think it's fine to call a kid ugly. Doesn't make it less true just because they're an "innocent kid". They'll grow into an ugly adult and it'll be acceptable for us to call them ugly in you guys opinions so don't fret.

Idk I feel like that's literally just life. Not every person is going to be attractive. And you sure as hell are thinking things about certain kids being less attractive than others, some ppl just actually say it. I get what people mean with them not choosing to be on YouTube and whatnot but if we are gonna use that argument we could REALLY use that argument.
But what do you get from calling them ugly? It's not gossip. It's just a useless opinion that brings nothing to the conversation. Ok we get it, the general consensus is that xyz is ugly. Ok cool. Want a cookie? What's the point in bringing it up every other page and going on about it for several more pages? I don't even see the need to do it with the adults and I find it kind of laughable because I'm sure half the posters on here I wouldn't find particularly good looking but who cares? It just seems like a cheap shot. It reminds me of Sierra. The moment anyone upsets her the first thing she does is call them fat and ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

EleanorRigby wrote:I think it's fine to call a kid ugly. Doesn't make it less true just because they're an "innocent kid". They'll grow into an ugly adult and it'll be acceptable for us to call them ugly in you guys opinions so don't fret.

Idk I feel like that's literally just life. Not every person is going to be attractive. And you sure as hell are thinking things about certain kids being less attractive than others, some ppl just actually say it. I get what people mean with them not choosing to be on YouTube and whatnot but if we are gonna use that argument we could REALLY use that argument.
I agree with you, although instead of using the harsher word UGLY, I tend to use OFF-PUTTING, UNATTRACTIVE, AWKWARD, UNFORTUNATE LOOKING..... ultimately though, it's the same thing. It's an observation, and I do believe it can add many discussions. One good example is the E&J board. Posters have been trying to figure out how much appearance has to do with the negative reaction to the youngest. How is discussing someone's looks ever valuable really? Is criticizing hair, makeup, wardrobe really that deep of a conversation?

The not choosing to be on YT argument annoys me more because people tend to pull that fact out when they don't feel a Vlogger they hate isn't getting criticized enough.

"X did a really great job with their kid today!"

"Yeah, well they exploit their kids so...."

Annoying. All vloggers are guilty of this, that's why we're here! It's annoying and redundant to constantly have that thrown in the middle of discussions on every board. It details things far more than a couple of observant "ugly kid" posts IMO.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

The Rader kids are the ugliest kids on youtube, and I'll say it again and again. I really don't care.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

One thing I hate is When people make it seem like kids sharing a room is the worst possible thing that can happen everyone absolutely has to have their own room.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Sticking up for a proven deadbeat. It's not like the other parent can lie about how (not) involved the deadbeat is. Legalities and all...
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sasperillo »

there are two users who are incredibly annoying who suddenly are on all the threads I used to enjoy. One keeps bringing up discredited vaccine papers and goes on really long rants- while clearly not knowing what she's talking about, the other has a limited use of the English language and keeps hijacking the threads because people misunderstand her. She'll say something weird and she gets pissy when people don't answer her questions the way she wanted (because they don't understand her). I just wish they went away, but in both cases the behavior elicits lots of responses (cause it's annoying) which only causes them to post more and more. They've made a couple threads completely unreadable.
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

sasperillo wrote:there are two users who are incredibly annoying who suddenly are on all the threads I used to enjoy. One keeps bringing up discredited vaccine papers and goes on really long rants- while clearly not knowing what she's talking about, the other has a limited use of the English language and keeps hijacking the threads because people misunderstand her. She'll say something weird and she gets pissy when people don't answer her questions the way she wanted (because they don't understand her). I just wish they went away, but in both cases the behavior elicits lots of responses (cause it's annoying) which only causes them to post more and more. They've made a couple threads completely unreadable.
If you have an issue with users, click report post and state your reasoning or contact a Mod about it. That's the only way something can be done about it.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yue195 wrote:
sasperillo wrote:there are two users who are incredibly annoying who suddenly are on all the threads I used to enjoy. One keeps bringing up discredited vaccine papers and goes on really long rants- while clearly not knowing what she's talking about, the other has a limited use of the English language and keeps hijacking the threads because people misunderstand her. She'll say something weird and she gets pissy when people don't answer her questions the way she wanted (because they don't understand her). I just wish they went away, but in both cases the behavior elicits lots of responses (cause it's annoying) which only causes them to post more and more. They've made a couple threads completely unreadable.
If you have an issue with users, click report post and state your reasoning or contact a Mod about it. That's the only way something can be done about it.
Thanks-I've done that for users who are outwardly attacking others or being racist/trolls. These two are neither, just incredibly annoying.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

You can foe them. You won't see their posts, but I think you'll see all the responses. Seems that it's also the hijacking of the thread that bothers you, so it may not help.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

"I'm sorry I'm nitpicking/I know this is nitpicking but *proceeds to nitpick* stop with the qualifiers and just say what you're going to say, if you're sorry then why do it and if you know it then what's the point of pointing it out? We know, too.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:You can foe them. You won't see their posts, but I think you'll see all the responses. Seems that it's also the hijacking of the thread that bothers you, so it may not help.

Yup- just a pet peeve .
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

AutumnLeaves3 wrote:"I'm sorry I'm nitpicking/I know this is nitpicking but *proceeds to nitpick* stop with the qualifiers and just say what you're going to say, if you're sorry then why do it and if you know it then what's the point of pointing it out? We know, too.
I'm definitely guilty of that. I guess I say it first to avoid the "you're nitpicking" posts after. I feel like if I admit up front that I'm nitpicking, I won't get piled on for nitpicking.

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

OMG I know who this is about now! I 100% agree with you, except I don't think anyone is misunderstanding her. I think she's pretending to be ignorant, or maybe she is just stupid. Either way, her tone is rude and condescending to others. Its unnecessary.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

menehune wrote:
OMG I know who this is about now! I 100% agree with you, except I don't think anyone is misunderstanding her. I think she's pretending to be ignorant, or maybe she is just stupid. Either way, her tone is rude and condescending to others. Its unnecessary.
Guess I'm missing out on all the fun! I read a good amount of threads here but I guess I just haven't stumbled upon that one. The bio major in me screams when someone brings up ridiculous false facts about vaccination
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^ Same with the nurse in me. I almost got into a big Facebook fight with a very dear friend, but I was very careful and bit my tongue. I am not only a nurse,and have seen what mumps encephalitis can do, my aunt _died_ of polio. I get really angry when people go on about "harmless childhood diseases".
Rant over.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Not being able to nitpick. Haha that's why I come here!!! ;)

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

When folk criticize posters for talking about something that is repeatedly the main theme of a vlog for days on end and their reasoning is that they don't see the topic as a big deal. We are here to discuss vlogs as each new one is uploaded, therefore if the main theme in a vlog continues for days on end then that's what folk are going to discuss.

It's not up to anyone here what a vlogger decides to film/talk about, we are merely here to discuss what the vloggers upload. End of.
Rant over lol.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Scar2016 wrote:When folk criticize posters for talking about something that is repeatedly the main theme of a vlog for days on end and their reasoning is that they don't see the topic as a big deal. We are here to discuss vlogs as each new one is uploaded, therefore if the main theme in a vlog continues for days on end then that's what folk are going to discuss.

It's not up to anyone here what a vlogger decides to film/talk about, we are merely here to discuss what the vloggers upload. End of.
Rant over lol.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

menehune wrote:
Glad I'm not alone in this.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

For E+J really don't see Calvin as delayed developmentally, maybe because my daughter is the same age. He's not even two yet, a month in toddler world is a long time, he is developing just fine (motor and cognitive). Sometimes I wonder if the people who call these YT kids delayed are actually mothers? Not wondering in a judgemental way but I just remember reading and commenting on these boards before having my first, and I really had no idea about development. And I think it's easy to forget when your child is past the toddler stage. Before my first I thought every kid was delayed except for Macey Gaines lmao and then I realize that MG is very advanced. Idk I'm rambling but I just don't see the "delays" everyone else sees and it makes me feel like I'm the crazy one lol

Return to “Boxing Ring”