Samika? Part 1

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Samika? Part 1

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I didn't like Kristy for a while, but one day I watched her video about depression and her illness, it put things in perspective. I enjoy her story times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Wow, she was freaking gorgeous! After being a model and getting all that attention _and_ rejection, I can see how it would make you a little weird.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Peridot
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Peridot »

I've watched the Glass Posse for more than 2 years now. I think Kristy is a frustrated performer. She wrote a blog post about how hard it's been to be a mom at times and having to give up her dreams of being a performer. I think the LDS church has a lot to do with expectations of young women and she never got to pursue what she really wanted to do. She has an absolutely amazing voice too.

I remember commenting here about the faces she was making on the Samika vlog at Christmas. It was very unusual behavior. Must be some kind of family dynamic that make her regress or something.

I remember the pole licking vlog. I also remember the vlog when she lost Pippa in Central Park and some woman found her and brought her to Kristy. Olive also got very lost in NYC during a marathon run they were doing and Kristy didn't go look for her right way and Jason was pretty livid. Overall, I like Kristy but sometimes I wonder about her!

On to Samika and how adorable Noah is having conversations and is so verbal now. He absolutely makes the vlogs for me. But, while I like them, I still can't wrap my head around parents exposing their kids on the Internet. For a paycheck. So even though I generally like them, it's always in the back of my mind that the kid's privacy is being sold by their own parents.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

rdt1004 wrote:Of course, I had to go look for clips of this Runway Mom's shoe right away.
Look at little Darby and baby Olive! Kristy's girls really are so beautiful.

I remember watching this episode years go! Holy crap, I remember her.

I remember this tampon commercial too!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She does realize that DBA means "doing business as"?

Emmalinelola1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

rdt1004 wrote:Of course, I had to go look for clips of this Runway Mom's shoe right away.
Look at little Darby and baby Olive! Kristy's girls really are so beautiful.

HA! Too funny u found it! My daughter is about the same age as Olive.
She did an ad for a breast feeding pillow that was in stores when I shopping & then she was the girl in all the birth control Nuva Ring. Funny story, my FIL is a gynecologist and I worked for him in his office.
We advertised for some medications that he really liked. So, one day we get a PR kit from Nuva Ring and whose pretty face is staring back at me!
Every time I got to work I would say, good morning Kristy!

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I for the most part like Kristy and her family and I love their vlogs. Like some of you, I do wonder about her sometimes, but most of the time she seems okay. I wish the Glass Posse thread was still here. I never posted in it, but apparently it existed at one point.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe the weird faces when PJ was opening Christmas presents was a "baby wrangler" thing? Although PJ did seem perfectly happy sitting in daddy's lap, maybe she was just in "camera is on, gotta keep baby happy" mode? Sorry to harp on it. It was just one of the weirder things. Like the square dance outfit at the family reunion, and the bright green glitter eye shadow in the 2015 Christmas vlogs.

snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

I don't think I saw anyone else mention it, but Sam commented on Shay's scandal

I guess it speaks on the immaturity of most youtubers, but I appreciate Sam's mature and level headed responses about touchy subjects, criticism, etc.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

Samika always has the most diplomatic response lol. They displayed this after the David issue as well. This is a much better response than those who came out to support Shay.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I loved seeing them so excited opening the gifts from the Cubs <3
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It was really good PR for the Cubs. I watched a couple of games of the World Series because Sam was so excited. It was really cool of them to reach out. I thought it was sweet of Sam to thank the viewers for making it possible.

ferriswheel
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ferriswheel »

Sam and Jen seem like the kind of people that try to be nice to everyone. I've actually made more of an effort to watch them lately because they come across as humble and nice people.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Lovethesnark wrote:It was really good PR for the Cubs. I watched a couple of games of the World Series because Sam was so excited. It was really cool of them to reach out. I thought it was sweet of Sam to thank the viewers for making it possible.

Agreed, I saw myself rooting for them when i've never been interested in sports, let alone baseball, ever lol. Even my little brother who watches Samika with me changed his favorite team to the Cubs after he kept up with them thanks to them. :lol:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I love these guys, but Sam's shoe fetish is pretty OTT. Those shoes he got for Noah are crazy expensive. And he's going to outgrow them in a month. He would have been perfectly happy with Payless Kylo Ren shoes. They have years ahead where he's going to want the expensive shoes. Why start him out as@on them? He's going to grow up like Daehan.
And Kristy had to jab Jenn about not watching her knitting channel. They were giving her a really nice shout out. Jenn is a busy mom with two kids under 3. I don't think she has a whole lot of time to sit around watching YouTube videos. She actually does stuff with her kids and doesn't just put them in front of a screen. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 2887f4.jpg[/img]

bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

^ I also think Jen spends her free time reading books instead of watching YT. And I agree on the shoes...such a waste when Noah would outgrow them really fast. Though that is nice of them to give away his old ones.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I love these guys, but Sam's shoe fetish is pretty OTT. Those shoes he got for Noah are crazy expensive. And he's going to outgrow them in a month. He would have been perfectly happy with Payless Kylo Ren shoes. They have years ahead where he's going to want the expensive shoes. Why start him out as@on them? He's going to grow up like Daehan.
And Kristy had to jab Jenn about not watching her knitting channel. They were giving her a really nice shout out. Jenn is a busy mom with two kids under 3. I don't think she has a whole lot of time to sit around watching YouTube videos. She actually does stuff with her kids and doesn't just put them in front of a screen.

He said he got them big so he could wear them a while. PJ will also wear them too. I think they were a part of a sponsored deal. That's why he's able to do a giveaway. I don't think he would just buy Yeezys to giveaway.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I love these guys, but Sam's shoe fetish is pretty OTT. Those shoes he got for Noah are crazy expensive. And he's going to outgrow them in a month. He would have been perfectly happy with Payless Kylo Ren shoes. They have years ahead where he's going to want the expensive shoes. Why start him out as@on them? He's going to grow up like Daehan.
And Kristy had to jab Jenn about not watching her knitting channel. They were giving her a really nice shout out. Jenn is a busy mom with two kids under 3. I don't think she has a whole lot of time to sit around watching YouTube videos. She actually does stuff with her kids and doesn't just put them in front of a screen.

He said he got them big so he could wear them a while. PJ will also wear them too. I think they were a part of a sponsored deal. That's why he's able to do a giveaway. I don't think he would just buy Yeezys to giveaway.
I hope so. It's still nuts. There's no need to get the kid hooked on brand name sneakers this young.

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I think the reason why they don't have the million subs like DB and EJ is because they don't cater to their audience. They continue on with whatever way they do things. They are not snobbish and don't get Noah and PJ everything they want. If they done that the kids would be drawn to them. They have more of a adult fan base, which I like that kids never took over their channel so to speak. Also when something sponsored comes up they know how to do the ad better than anyone I know. I really wish they had the million subs they deserve it so much. Sam is such a talented creator and Jen is so soft spoken and the kids are well behaved. They have a good family dynamic. Also they are not show off's they live with in their means and they show that money don't give you happiness it's the people that are around you that does.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I hope they're able to network more. I think that would be the key to growing their channel.

Return to “Q-Z”