Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9)

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Not Every Day Is A Rational Day (Part 9

Unread post by tratra58 »

menehune wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:I personally think they eat way too much candy. All her kids have already had cavities except Lincoln and I expect he's headed that way with the nighttime bottle of milk.

Adults make their own choices but I would feel awful if my 3 year old had to have a filling. That is on the parents.
Other than around the holidays, I don't feel like we see them eating that much candy.

I mean, it's not the best, but I can't say my kids don't get the occasional treat too. Or eat bananas with breakfast.

A banana is better than the sugary cereal E&J give their boys, and yet people think they eat healthy because Ellie posts healthy recipe IGs. At least Bonnie is honest! Makes the moms that don't do everything "IG perfect" feel a bit more normal :D

I thought Bonnie was looking to improve their diet and has after the kitchen remodel. The food industry makes it incredibly hard not to have high carb foods in a family diets or you have to work at it to have the perfect diet. There are problems with the western diet for a reason.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

alym0326 wrote:I'm astonished by the lack of discussion about Joel driving to Logan without Boston in a car seat. I only saw a few posts on the video and 2-3 on here.

Regarding the candy, I think it's very clear (at least in my opinion) that the kids get (or at least used to get) candy in the mornings, there have been countless vlogs where it has been started with Boston asking for a treat. Granted, this used to be an every vlog thing for a long time, I haven't heard it as much these past few months so I think they have cut down a bit on that. At least I'm hoping. I wish we could just talk about Bonnie without having to add in other vloggers like DB, E+J, or 8passengers and compare what they've done that's worse than Bonnie. It doesn't change my opinion on Bonnie to see others do "worse" things. Same with Ellie's thread, I wish we could just talk about how shitty E+J are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know how much more we can say with Hoellein's safety record or the real lack of car seats and wearing helmets. So far, they've been lucky.

I don't remember Boston asking for a treat. I thought they ate cereal for breakfast or a piece of fruit. I felt Bonnie was making some good dinners with lots of vegetables in them lately. The Indian restaurant was a nice change from the usual places or family restaurants.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Parkerwar wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Parkerwar wrote:I personally think they eat way too much candy. All her kids have already had cavities except Lincoln and I expect he's headed that way with the nighttime bottle of milk.

Adults make their own choices but I would feel awful if my 3 year old had to have a filling. That is on the parents.
ETA: where did she say all the other kids have had cavities before though?
We've seen them all in vlogs. Cody and Olivia were just last month. Boston was before them a few months back but I can't tell you the date. I was just amazed that a three year old already had a cavity and it made me sad to see him go through it.
I will be interested to see how Lincoln's teeth do with the bottles at bed/naptime. They should definitely invest in dental insurance!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

For me the car seat talk is as redundant as the DB diet talk. Everyone agrees it sucks, and you can only say it so many times before it becomes boring and repetitive. I think this is why there used to be 20 posts when we'd see them incorrectly in seats, and now it's just another mention. It would be more notable for seats to suddenly pop up in Joel's car!

I get that for some people this is a reason why they can't like them, but for others like me I try to see past it because there are a lot of choices they make that I think are actually good ones.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:For me the car seat talk is as redundant as the DB diet talk. Everyone agrees it sucks, and you can only say it so many times before it becomes boring and redundant.
I agree and I don't think they are going to change. I am sure they are aware of the laws with car seats etc...
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

At this point in time I think Bonnie just doesn't do car seats because everyone says she should.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

alym0326 wrote:I'm astonished by the lack of discussion about Joel driving to Logan without Boston in a car seat. I only saw a few posts on the video and 2-3 on here.

Regarding the candy, I think it's very clear (at least in my opinion) that the kids get (or at least used to get) candy in the mornings, there have been countless vlogs where it has been started with Boston asking for a treat. Granted, this used to be an every vlog thing for a long time, I haven't heard it as much these past few months so I think they have cut down a bit on that. At least I'm hoping. I wish we could just talk about Bonnie without having to add in other vloggers like DB, E+J, or 8passengers and compare what they've done that's worse than Bonnie. It doesn't change my opinion on Bonnie to see others do "worse" things. Same with Ellie's thread, I wish we could just talk about how shitty E+J are.

Have you missed the posts? It's been discussed A LOT.

The only time you post is to point out that you wish there weren't comparisons. You aren't participating in the discussion anyway, so why do you care?

I lurked back when there were all the rules about comparing and posting. I remember it creating a total mess.

I agree with the posters saying Bonnie has been really good lately for healthy choices, and I believe in giving credit where it's due.

To the poster that mentioned the healthy choices their parents gave them.... sorry, but you said they fed you potatoes, and those are worse than the starchy banana you were criticizing Bonnie for.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:For me the car seat talk is as redundant as the DB diet talk. Everyone agrees it sucks, and you can only say it so many times before it becomes boring and redundant.
I agree and I don't think they are going to change. I am sure they are aware of the laws with car seats etc...
I think we're all numb at this point. It's been brought up a ton of times (their general lack of safety, not this particular instance) and it's not just repetitive, we all agree on this. So we're preaching to the choir.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

the notion that the lack of big discussion around the hoelleins' safety issues is because of repetition or redundancy doesn't hold up to me considering how discussions about certain irritating/bad things with other vloggers can go on for months without dying out. i think the reason for it is that a number of people here genuinely like bonnie and joel and prefer not to engage in conversations that rip them apart, and many other people note things they dislike about b+j while still liking them as people.

there isn't as much outrage here because most posters don't hate them as much as other vloggers with much more repetitive threads are hated. so when someone brings up an issue (like the lack of car safety) here that would turn into a pages-long appalled discussion on the thread of a thoroughly disliked vlogger, there aren't enough outraged people to keep the conversation going. lots of people would prefer not to get deep into criticizing b+j because they like them, whatever. we all cut people we like some slack sometimes.

not trying to offend anybody with this post, i just think it's silly and wrong to say that people usually don't discuss b+j's wrongdoings at length because it's repetitive, when that is demonstrably not the case on any thread of a vlogger who is less generally liked than b+j. i think it'd be better for us to be real and admit that the smaller amount of criticism here is because of b+j being liked by many participants of this board. you can even see the same pattern if you go back to the early days of e+j's board when many people still liked them: someone brings up a problem with the vlogger, a few people agree with how wrong it is, and the discussion fizzles out because most people aren't invested enough in criticizing them to keep it going. it's not even necessarily a bad thing, it's just how it is.

Last edited by flowerpuppy on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

I'm astonished by the lack of discussion about Joel driving to Logan without Boston in a car seat. I only saw a few posts on the video and 2-3 on here.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:

Have you missed the posts? It's been discussed A LOT.

The only time you post is to point out that you wish there weren't comparisons. You aren't participating in the discussion anyway, so why do you care?

I lurked back when there were all the rules about comparing and posting. I remember it creating a total mess.

I agree with the posters saying Bonnie has been really good lately for healthy choices, and I believe in giving credit where it's due.

To the poster that mentioned the healthy choices their parents gave them.... sorry, but you said they fed you potatoes, and those are worse than the starchy banana you were criticizing Bonnie for.
I didn't mean the overall discussion about the car safety. I meant specifically from today's vlog. I lurk more than I post, and I think the only other time I posted about the comparisons was on the boxing ring thread. I have no real issue with the comparisons, it can just get annoying? It's not even annoying. I think it's more so that i don't want any of the other vloggers being mentioned, so I don't want to hear about them? But I do understand that comparisons are inevitable.

And you're definitely right, she's been making healthier decisions. I give her props for that.

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:

I don't know how much more we can say with Hoellein's safety record or the real lack of car seats and wearing helmets. So far, they've been lucky.

I don't remember Boston asking for a treat. I thought they ate cereal for breakfast or a piece of fruit. I felt Bonnie was making some good dinners with lots of vegetables in them lately. The Indian restaurant was a nice change from the usual places or family restaurants.
I believe Boston asking for a treat all the time was around when Bonnie was pregnant with Lincoln. If I have time tomorrow I'll try to find a few videos for reference.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

mrogaan wrote:the notion that the lack of big discussion around the hoelleins' safety issues is because of repetition or redundancy doesn't hold up to me considering how discussions about certain irritating/bad things with other vloggers can go on for months without dying out. i think the reason for it is that a number of people here genuinely like bonnie and joel and prefer not to engage in conversations that rip them apart, and many other people note things they dislike about b+j while still liking them as people.

there isn't as much outrage here because most posters don't hate them as much as other vloggers with much more repetitive threads are hated. so when someone brings up an issue (like the lack of car safety) here that would turn into a pages-long appalled discussion on the thread of a thoroughly disliked vlogger, there aren't enough outraged people to keep the conversation going. lots of people would prefer not to get deep into criticizing b+j because they like them, whatever. we all cut people we like some slack sometimes.

not trying to offend anybody with this post, i just think it's silly and wrong to say that people usually don't discuss b+j's wrongdoings at length because it's repetitive, when that is demonstrably not the case on any thread of a vlogger who is less generally liked than b+j. i think it'd be better for us to be real and admit that the smaller amount of criticism here is because of b+j being liked by many participants of this board. you can even see the same pattern if you go back to the early days of e+j's board when many people still liked them: someone brings up a problem with the vlogger, a few people agree with how wrong it is, and the discussion fizzles out because most people aren't invested enough in criticizing them to keep it going. it's not even necessarily a bad thing, it's just how it is.

I can't help it, I tend to like Bonnie and I am sure I see things through rose glasses. Yet, I have posted messages about some areas of their life that are not positive. I like Bonnie because she does change which I don't think is easy for her.

I feel pretty sure within the last few days I pointed out the helmets and car seats issues with the Hoelleins and I actually think E+J are better at safety. But, I still like Bonnie and Joel better.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

mrogaan wrote:the notion that the lack of big discussion around the hoelleins' safety issues is because of repetition or redundancy doesn't hold up to me considering how discussions about certain irritating/bad things with other vloggers can go on for months without dying out. i think the reason for it is that a number of people here genuinely like bonnie and joel and prefer not to engage in conversations that rip them apart, and many other people note things they dislike about b+j while still liking them as people.

While I do agree with you and think this is a very good observation, I think there is another factor that contributes to the lack of discussion. The things that seem to go on for pages on other vloggers threads that Bonnie might go unnoticed for, tend to be topics that can be expanded upon more so than car seat safety.

I think the ear piercing incident is a good example. That went on for pages and pages because it facilitated thought provoking discussion. We could agree or disagree with Bonnie, say why, speak of examples, subtopics. Car seat safety (or lack of) isn't really a thought provoking topic. And, I think for the most part, we all agree on it whether we like Bonnie or not. And, when we all have the same opinion and relatively same views, there's only so much that can be said.

I really hope I don't come off as doing exactly what you're talking about; defending Bonnie/turning a blind eye while I harp on other vloggers for more trivial things, haha, because again, while I completely agree with what you said, I think this topic in particular leaves us with less to talk about without repeating the same things over and over.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

^ i think that's a good point that i would agree is the case with some issues (like the ear piercing like you said), but then again most things i see discussed ad nauseam are things like horrible diets or vloggers being overweight/ugly, which really don't offer any meaningful discussion once the main points are acknowledged, so once again i think it mainly comes back to how disliked a vlogger is determining how long people are willing to criticize them

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I disagree. My liking Bonnie isn't the reason why I don't want to go on and on about it. I dislike the Bumps and think their diet is shockingly poor everyday, but I don't bring it up because it's repetitive and redundant. What would be the point?
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

menehune wrote:

Other than around the holidays, I don't feel like we see them eating that much candy.

I mean, it's not the best, but I can't say my kids don't get the occasional treat too. Or eat bananas with breakfast.

A banana is better than the sugary cereal E&J give their boys, and yet people think they eat healthy because Ellie posts healthy recipe IGs. At least Bonnie is honest! Makes the moms that don't do everything "IG perfect" feel a bit more normal :D
Bonnie's kids do eat sugary cereal for breakfast. I've seen Boston and Cody pouring it out in bowls themselves in the morning. I'm not even talking about that, I'm talking about all the candy and treats the kids eat, especially Boston. I have no problem with them eating fruit by the way. Bonnie has made mention a couple times of comments from viewers about how many treats he gets.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

It actually makes it very, very hard for me to like Bonnie at all when she's willing to risk her children's safety in the car simply out of a childish desire to be right all of the time and ignore what everyone else says.

But I know I'm in the minority there.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:It actually makes it very, very hard for me to like Bonnie at all when she's willing to risk her children's safety in the car simply out of a childish desire to be right all of the time and ignore what everyone else says.

But I know I'm in the minority there.
yep. i can't take a parent seriously if they are continuously putting their children in harms way. it doesn't matter if bonnie considered better or more loving to her kids, than her sisters are to theirs? she ain't shit if she doesn't care that her stubbornness can potentially wipe out her family in one fell swoop. tell me how that's loving?
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

It's interesting how their appearance of being a nice family, with good parents and well behaved children is. Cleaning the perfect house everyday and all that, but the kids safety not being as important. It should go hand in hand and if I had to choose, then my childrens safety would come first.

About the cop and Joel speeding. I think that as "almost everyone" knows eachother in UTAH and they probably all go to the same church or churches, so the policeman didn't want to make a big issue out of it...

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”