BritneyandBaby: Washing Out Everything Part 22

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBaby: Washing Out Everything Part 22

Unread post by lizpuff2006 »

I shop consignment for my daughter. I found a great local store that has great deals. Shirts for 1$ and pants for 2-3$. It is all new or like new with no stains or tears. I also like that I can find multiple different brands of clothes there. So it is like I am going to multiple stores at once. I just bought 6 shirts and 7 pairs of pants and spent like 25$. Cannot beat that. And several items still had tags. Nothing wrong with shopping consignment.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

I do like her style of clothes for her kids but way over the top shopping haul. I wish I could buy that many clothes at once. Last night was the first night we had gone out for dinner at a sit down restaurant in about 3 months oh and we only ever get any type of fast food on road trips it is considered a treat. We have good jobs my husband is an Admissions counselor for a college and I am district substitute teacher. But, we just don't blow money like that! My point is this people who well for themselves see Brittney's hauls and think "Why is she able to do this, am I less of a mom or a person because I don't buy things like this?" .
On another note, I get the impression Britney's father may have an issues with Ian or the both of them because this is their third kid together, and they yet to take the time to make their relationship official. It does not take that much time or effort to do a court house wedding. He may be worried for his daughter's future with Ian sticking around commitment and security wise for her and the kids.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

You guys have to remember, she and other vloggers do hauls because then they can write it off for taxes. I'm not sure how much more affordable that makes it, but I'm sure she uses that to justify it. My only thing is why old navy? So many better stores IMO. Not sure if she's trying to get sponsored or something?
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

i can't believe Ean locked the door on Britneys dad and brother... wtf was that?
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

I don't get why people feel some how inferior after watching her videos just because she 'can' go shopping. Idk, the kardashians are filthy rich for NO FUCKING REASON, and I still don't feel envious of their life. I would hate to be in the spotlight like them and hate myself so much that I have to start doing plastic surgery at the age of 17. Same thing with Britney. I like her style and the stuff she buys but I don't envy her in any way. Most people here think she's so vanilla and boring, and she is. So I don't think it's a problem so much with what she posts but more so how some of you feel about yourself. Money comes and goes. There are more important things in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anonymous2829
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by anonymous2829 »

Aboogabooga wrote:I don't get why people feel some how inferior after watching her videos just because she 'can' go shopping. Idk, the kardashians are filthy rich for NO FUCKING REASON, and I still don't feel envious of their life. I would hate to be in the spotlight like them and hate myself so much that I have to start doing plastic surgery at the age of 17. Same thing with Britney. I like her style and the stuff she buys but I don't envy her in any way. Most people here think she's so vanilla and boring, and she is. So I don't think it's a problem so much with what she posts but more so how some of you feel about yourself. Money comes and goes. There are more important things in life.

You're right, that's something I'm working on with myself. I grew up with wealthy parents who still look down on me as a person and mother because my husband and I are having a family and aren't as "well off" as they were when they started having children. I constantly remind myself that my children are very loved, and have all the things they need and then some. So, yes, it is a problem for me when it comes to comparing myself to others but I'm aware of it and working on it every day.

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

You have to remember the majority of people who consider B a role model are between the ages of 13-18. They live with their parents and see B has nice stuff and can go shopping whenever she wants and that is what they think is glamorous. B doesnt show any of the hard stuff, no matter how much she says she does... she rarely if ever talks about Nolans diagnosis and never shows them struggling financially or saving up for things.
ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:You have to remember the majority of people who consider B a role model are between the ages of 13-18. They live with their parents and see B has nice stuff and can go shopping whenever she wants and that is what they think is glamorous. B doesnt show any of the hard stuff, no matter how much she says she does... she rarely if ever talks about Nolans diagnosis and never shows them struggling financially or saving up for things.
Yep she never shows the times she realized she bought the wrong car for 3 kids and has to install car seats in an unsafe way so she has enough trunk space for her $400 old navy sprees.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Link to Alyssa's video on Meeting Harlow.
lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry to double post here but after watching Alyssa's video and getting the other more real side... That baby face thing was just weird. I think Ean was creeped out by it. I know I was. I think he did know who it was out there, but if 2 people with giant baby faces showed up to my door unexpected at a later time in the evening I wouldn't just open my door right up. I don't blame Ean!
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Ummmm did I miss a hug? Why wouldn't she hug them when they came through the door?!

lizpuff2006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smom12 wrote:Ummmm did I miss a hug? Why wouldn't she hug them when they came through the door?!

You didn't miss a hug. There were none. The whole thing was so very awkward. I had secondhand embarrassment
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

lizpuff2006 wrote:
smom12 wrote:Ummmm did I miss a hug? Why wouldn't she hug them when they came through the door?!

You didn't miss a hug. There were none. The whole thing was so very awkward. I had secondhand embarrassment
Ok I just wanted to make sure because I was watching it on my phone and it kept spazzing. I was waiting for a hug and omg this is so great we missed you blah blah but no hugs Or anything. So fucking weird.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Idk why people are questioning her about choosing to shop at old navy lol

I love old navy! I've personally never noticed the clothes shrinking or any holes in them.
nobettsaboutit
Informer
Informer

Unread post by nobettsaboutit »

I had to say this, when Britney was talking about the clothes she got at the actual old navy store, she said FLOOR LEAF CLOVER. Floor.

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

anonymous2829 wrote:
Aboogabooga wrote:I don't get why people feel some how inferior after watching her videos just because she 'can' go shopping. Idk, the kardashians are filthy rich for NO FUCKING REASON, and I still don't feel envious of their life. I would hate to be in the spotlight like them and hate myself so much that I have to start doing plastic surgery at the age of 17. Same thing with Britney. I like her style and the stuff she buys but I don't envy her in any way. Most people here think she's so vanilla and boring, and she is. So I don't think it's a problem so much with what she posts but more so how some of you feel about yourself. Money comes and goes. There are more important things in life.

You're right, that's something I'm working on with myself. I grew up with wealthy parents who still look down on me as a person and mother because my husband and I are having a family and aren't as "well off" as they were when they started having children. I constantly remind myself that my children are very loved, and have all the things they need and then some. So, yes, it is a problem for me when it comes to comparing myself to others but I'm aware of it and working on it every day.

That's really horrible. No one should make you feel that way. I sometimes envy certain people on IG, however I idolize people who travel a lot and just generally appear more happy, but then I remind myself that I can do what they do if I just make different choices for myself. I honestly blame social media in general lol. It can literally make you sick always looking at the facade that some people post and constantly comparing yourself. I almost wish it was never invented

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

anonymous2829 wrote:
KatherineLouvain wrote:If I had kids and didn't own my own house or save money for them I wouldn't dare shop as much as she does, but each to their own. Her shopping habits don't bother me, it's the excuses she comes up with. Like, your kids didn't NEED $400 worth of clothes and you didn't need a new white coffee machine that time. I wouldn't be half as annoyed if she was just honest and said she wanted to buy them and she could afford them.

I have a 3 year old son and a baby on the way and sometimes watching all her shopping hauls makes me feel jealous/like I'm not the greatest mother because I don't go out and buy all the latest trendy things, and I don't do "clothing hauls" (I buy items that he NEEDS here and there when I have gift cards or coupons or see a sale). But your comment just made me feel better lol because my husband and I do own our own house, and we're super frugal because we like to continuously be adding to our saving account which gives us a sense of security for the future. I technically could go out and spend money stupidly, but we care way more about financial security than "looking" like we have money and having the latest trends.

Kids don't give a shit about clothes, seriously don't feel bad. If you take your kids out, spend time with them, and put them first, then you're a better mom than Britney is.

She doesn't buy all that crap for her kids, she buys it because it makes her feel happy for a minute.
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

I just watched the clothing haul, and I cannot believe that she didn't have any clothes for Harlow larger than 0-3 months. Like, she had a TON of clothes for that baby. Was her plan just to buy enough so she never had to wash clothes before they were outgrown? I wonder how many things Harlow never even wore. I could see if she was a first time mom, but this is her third. Come on now. It's only been a month and the kid needs a whole new wardrobe?

All of her spending and hauls and everything would bother me so much less if she was just like, "It's my money and I enjoy shopping, I bought them because I wanted to." Her justification drives me nuts. And I wonder how often she does their laundry.
shaybaby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shaybaby »

nobettsaboutit wrote:I had to say this, when Britney was talking about the clothes she got at the actual old navy store, she said FLOOR LEAF CLOVER. Floor. Image

Haha I heard that too. I think she said it right the second time she said it

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Maybe they're just not coming up for me but did she delete the 'negative' comments?

Return to “Britneyandbaby”