DailyPregnancySpeculations part 82

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyPregnancySpeculations part 82

Unread post by onbreak »

As much as these women are on Pinterest they should have stumbled upon the using Good vs. Well graphic

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:What is it with YTers and bay girls. I have two of each, but I would have taken four of one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i think it comes down to narcissism, tbh. they think by having girls, they will be a little mini-me, and therefore an extension of themselves which is 100% controllable. couple in the fact missy and ellie do not have any actual friends outside of family, so they expect by having a daughter, they will then have a lifelong BFF.
Yep-- the YTers obsessed with having a girl are all narcissistic, overgrown children, and obsessed with appearances. Carlie, Ellie and Missy mostly come to mind for me. They assume that they're going to be like little dolls that they can dress up in pink and have tea parties with. None of them take into account for one hot second that their little princess might just be a tomboy, who hates pink and wants to play field hockey. I will freely admit to fantasies of taking my daughter to the Nutcracker, or even maybe seeing her dance in it, but she's a tomboy who hates ballet and pink, and loves basketball. And that's OK. But I don't think it's going to be OK if any of these girls turn out like that.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I would be frightened if my girls turned out like me. Luckily they are highly intelligent women. I am the tomboy. I did sacrifice my sanity and took them to see the nutcracker.
I guess normal mom's want their kids to be happy productive members of society regardless of their gender.

zeephyranth
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by zeephyranth »

do you really think missy would actually go through another pregnancy so close to finn's only to have another boy in the end? i think if she's pregnant she tried everything to have a girl
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

I mean, if there's some proof that any of these women only care about having a daughter because of superficial things like clothing and "girl activities", I wouldn't be surprised but we don't know that that's necessarily the case. I have two sons and you could definitely consider me similar to Missy in that I REALLY want to have a daughter, and it stresses me out every pregnancy. It's nothing to do with girly stereotypes, it's just purely because it feels special. If I had all girls and no boys, I'd feel the same way but vice versa. Seeing my husband as a father to a daughter is so hard to imagine but it would make me really happy to see, and I have such a special friendship with my own mother that I'd love to have with my own daughter, regardless of her personality or interests. I'm not trying to veer too much into those personal story type things, just offering up possible reasons that people care so much about having a baby girl, since people were theorizing.
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

Missy, can you please go to Sephora and have the girls teach you how to put on eyeliner. It's almost distracting when I watch, because it's SO BAD.

It's called EYELINER for a reason. It lines your eye, not the lid of it!

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Not to mention that every other minion is commenting "Who else can't wait for Missy to have a girl?" It would bring in more views than another boy would.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I am a mom of two boys. Everyone in my life was rooting for a girl for my second but I was rooting for a boy. If I had a 3rd I would want another boy. Girls are a lot of work and a lot of drama. I was a wreck as a teenager, I don't think I could handle that. Lol

zeephyranth
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by zeephyranth »

poor missy and mean people commenting on their vlogs, she's also trying to make big decisions right now!!
princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

I feel like they are some how getting a show. When missy was talking about being out with the boys and spilling chocolate milk Bryan said something along the lines of how nice it would have been to have a film crew with her.

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I am a mom of two boys. Everyone in my life was rooting for a girl for my second but I was rooting for a boy. If I had a 3rd I would want another boy. Girls are a lot of work and a lot of drama. I was a wreck as a teenager, I don't think I could handle that. Lol

I have 2 boys, when I got pregnant with #3 everyone was suprised I wanted a third boy. They are just so fun.
sb613
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sb613 »

ohaudrey wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I am a mom of two boys. Everyone in my life was rooting for a girl for my second but I was rooting for a boy. If I had a 3rd I would want another boy. Girls are a lot of work and a lot of drama. I was a wreck as a teenager, I don't think I could handle that. Lol

I have 2 boys, when I got pregnant with #3 everyone was suprised I wanted a third boy. They are just so fun.
I agree, boys are very fun. I'm trying to conceive right now and already trying to prepare myself for what I feel like is an inevitable third boy. The thing that's helped most so far is imagining my younger boy holding him and having his own little brother, haha.
907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

ohaudrey wrote:

I also have two boys. Not going to lie I really wanted girls... but then I had my boys. These little guys are a blast. Fishing, snow machining, 4-wheeling, camping. So much fun.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:I really don't get the obsession with wanting girls. I've got a boy and two girls. I love them all the same. There's no special connection with one sex over the other.

Furthermore, in my experience, girls are FAR harder to raise than boys. My boy could not care less about what anyone thinks about him.
My 6yo daughter needs so much more care regarding her self esteem. Even in the first grade, the other girls are getting catty, and there's this constant balancing act of easing her insecurities while making sure she doesn't turn catty herself.

I've also found that my girls are more prone to emotional outbursts and have a harder time dealing with frustration and disappointment. And we haven't even gotten to puberty yet. Teenage girls ARE NOT fun. I've been one, I know. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have one of each and I agree with you SO MUCH. I love my daughter with all my being but she is hands down a million times "harder" than her brother. Girls are so catty and petty and just down right nasty to each other they hold grudges. I'm so glad that my daughter has a pretty thick skin and let's most things just roll off her. And realizes how immature most the girls that do this catty crap are. I wouldn't take anything for my girl, but Missy has another thing coming if she thinks raising boys and girls are the same.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

tml43 wrote:Missy, can you please go to Sephora and have the girls teach you how to put on eyeliner. It's almost distracting when I watch, because it's SO BAD.

Oh my god. Lmaoooooo this is worse than the last time we brought this up. How can she not realize how bad that is.
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

"You're mean! You're a mean person!" It must be so confusing to the minions when the Lumps talk about reading mean comments, yet any remotely critical comment on the vlog gets deleted!

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I like when Missy rants like that. It makes her seem more normal.
Even if most of the "mean comments" are valid criticisms, it sucks to have your flaws pointed out all the time.
It's weird that they DON'T talk about the things that bother them. It's weird that they don't talk about their bad days.
It's weird that they complain about the nothing things that shouldn't bother them, but keep things that they SHOULD be bothered by to themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

I wish I was having bad days and could make it better by going to disneyland. I swear they've lost touch with reality and when youtube ends, real world is going to be extra tough.
tml43
Informer
Informer

Unread post by tml43 »

Playsinrain wrote:
tml43 wrote:Missy, can you please go to Sephora and have the girls teach you how to put on eyeliner. It's almost distracting when I watch, because it's SO BAD.

Oh my god. Lmaoooooo this is worse than the last time we brought this up. How can she not realize how bad that is.
For someone who has a lot of money, she sure hasn't used it well. She could have a lot better brows and makeup.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Not even trying to hide it now.
:roll:
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Notice how she didn't say she read the comments. She read "things."

And "big decisions" to make...like how you're going to announce the maybe baby?
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “Daily Bumps”