OKNoVlogToday: Part 10

sassysquidd
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKNoVlogToday: Part 10

Unread post by sassysquidd »

Why would you take your child, who has just barely gotten over being sick, out into the cold to play in the snow when he could just get sick again?? The common parenting sense, or even just common sense in general, that Oscar lacks is unbelievable!
Annavi04
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Annavi04 »

tvobaby27 wrote:These 2 idiots are just getting unbearable to watch. I feel so bad for Levi.

Has anyone else noticed where Oscar usually goes sledding/playing in the snow... It's near an intersection. In some clips you can see the traffic lights. All I can imagine is a car come speeding or crashing down. What a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I feel like a car could slide down that "hill" with the roads being so slick. Oscar wouldnt be able to move fast enough and get levi at the same time if that happened.. So many people speed at intersections to not get stuck at the light and the ice makes it more dangerous. Even if it was dry and sunny, I dont know why they'd risk it just to go sledding
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

No pajamas on Levi again? Did they just give up on potty training too?
I will say that I smiled when Levi was waving at Alaya, that was cute.
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

wolflily23 wrote:
Omg agreed. It's INSANE how much Levi has been sick. What's the deal with that??!!
Well let's see...

He's been taken out into a Utah winter many times to go sledding...
More often than not he was out in the winter without a jacket/hat/gloves or SOCKS
He's over 1 and has such a poor diet. I'm sorry but as much as people think, protein shakes just aren't cutting it. Children need fresh fruits and vegetables, protein, fibre, a well rounded diet. The only thing I've seen him eating lately is mac and cheese or disgusting spaghetti o's.
Not to mention the terrible sleeping pattern he's on. Proper sleep is huge when it comes to anyone's health let alone a toddlers.

Maybe all of that has nothing to do with him getting sick so often- I'm not a doctor- but I would think they play a part in it.
All the above plus he was a premie and came through a c-section, that increases the risk for a bad immune system.

Another questions: What exactly did he have this time? They keep saying he is sick, did he have a fever? I'm not implying that he isn't/wasn't, just curious...
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

I watched 17s of the new vlog and I went from hopeful to totally disappointed! When Oscar said they were going to the hospital I thought "they taking Levi and Alaya to the doctor, finally" but no Kyra has some paperworks... Let's watch the rest of the vlog I guess, maybe I won't be totally horrified :|

Edit: 0:42 Levi's coat is completly open and he is sneezing WTF, I am horrified!!!!

Edit2: Isn't Kyra only supposed to carry the baby because of her c-section?
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Why?????
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Why can they not put pyjamas on Levi??? It makes no sense to me. It's really not that hard to put even some sweat pants and a shirt on him if they don't have pj's.. Terrible parenting he must wake up freezing.
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sofreakingnotok »

sassysquidd wrote:Why would you take your child, who has just barely gotten over being sick, out into the cold to play in the snow when he could just get sick again?? The common parenting sense, or even just common sense in general, that Oscar lacks is unbelievable!
Didn't they also give him ice cream when he had just started getting sick?
snowflakea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakea »

booboo2017 wrote:Image

That's the best ImageImageImageImage sorry keren she doesn't wanna see you!
No, she said that because they want to go somewhere new on vacation with Keren and Khoa... which she said on twitter the day before, or a few tweets before, don't remember.
MakingMeCrazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MakingMeCrazy »

snowflakea wrote:
booboo2017 wrote:Image

That's the best ImageImageImageImage sorry keren she doesn't wanna see you!
No, she said that because they want to go somewhere new on vacation with Keren and Khoa... which she said on twitter the day before, or a few tweets before, don't remember.[/quote

Yeah I saw that tweet to Khoa about planning a vacation together

sassysquidd
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sassysquidd »

sofreakingnotok wrote:
sassysquidd wrote:Why would you take your child, who has just barely gotten over being sick, out into the cold to play in the snow when he could just get sick again?? The common parenting sense, or even just common sense in general, that Oscar lacks is unbelievable!
Not sure, but I wouldn't put it past them
dailyblahblahblah
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dailyblahblahblah »

Cold will not get him sick again. The cold would actually help keep any bugs away because bacteria grow less in the cold. Which is why they keep operating rooms ice cold, you put your food in the fridge, etc.

However who wants to go outside and be active when you aren't feeling well?! Poor kid. He did look miserable too. You're right, common sense Oscar!

bbygal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bbygal »

Unknowngirly wrote:I really hope they were joking when they asked how a paternity test works. I don't think kyra actually knew but I think oscars just says idk to things because he doesn't like explaining or can't find the words. I wouldn't want to explain stuff to kyra either she's as dumb as a bag of rocks
I think she was trying to ask how the test itself is done, like if they use a mouth swab or blood draw or whatever method. I was wondering too lol.
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

sassysquidd wrote:
sofreakingnotok wrote:
Yep, I just went and checked. "SHE WON'T STOP CRYING!" vlog at 5:14 Levi is eating frozen yogurt. In the dead of Utah winter. While already sick. Wtf...
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

dailyblahblahblah wrote:
Cold will not get him sick again. The cold would actually help keep any bugs away because bacteria grow less in the cold. Which is why they keep operating rooms ice cold, you put your food in the fridge, etc.

However who wants to go outside and be active when you aren't feeling well?! Poor kid. He did look miserable too. You're right, common sense Oscar!

Actually cold could have encouraged a secondary infection. Where did you read that cold helps? It doesn't. Your other examples are good but they don't go with this situation. Look into how people get colds/the flu cause you have it wrong, no offense.
dailyblahblahblah
Talker
Talker

sofreakingnotok wrote:
sassysquidd wrote:
sofreakingnotok wrote: Didn't they also give him ice cream when he had just started getting sick?
Yep, I just went and checked. "SHE WON'T STOP CRYING!" vlog at 5:14 Levi is eating frozen yogurt. In the dead of Utah winter. While already sick. Wtf...
You can eat ice cream while sick. It's perfectly fine. It's a myth that cold = sickness. It's quite opposite.

(Just trying to educate, not ruffle feathers)

sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

dailyblahblahblah wrote: You can eat ice cream while sick. It's perfectly fine. It's a myth that cold = sickness. It's quite opposite.

Nope, it's not ok that they gave Levi ice cream. Also, no,the cold doesn't make you sick but there's a reason people get sick a lot more often in the winter. Seriously, look it up.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

sofreakingnotok wrote:
dailyblahblahblah wrote: You can eat ice cream while sick. It's perfectly fine. It's a myth that cold = sickness. It's quite opposite.

Nope, it's not ok that they gave Levi ice cream. Also, no,the cold doesn't make you sick but there's a reason people get sick a lot more often in the winter. Seriously, look it up.
Wtf?? You always get ice cream when you're sick. What the hell kinda childhood you have??

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

"During cold weather your nasal passages tend to dry out. Mucus is one of the body's first lines of defense against viruses. Ideally, pathogens become trapped in mucus and are later expelled or are swallowed or killed by stomach acid. During cold weather, this is less likely to happen.

Most strains of the rhinovirus, the virus responsible for the common cold, spread throughout your body more effectively at cooler temperatures."

Just a quick google search...

The cold weather may not CAUSE a sickness but it definitely doesn't help going out into the cold while you're already fighting off a sickness. Which Levi was...
dailyblahblahblah
Talker
Talker

sofreakingnotok wrote:

I don't need to look up anything. I am a registered nurse and have a bachelors of science in nursing.

There is a reason more people get sick in the winter but it's NOT because of the cold. You should look it up. Also, you contradicted yourself in your post. If cold doesn't = sick then what's wrong with ice cream? Nothing.

Return to “OKBaby”